Interesting little details in 2.XX

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun May 23, 2010 11:03 pm

Way back in 2007, Newtype stated during the 1.0 hype that the films take place during the original series timeline, 2015. I'm 50% sure a Kara guy (Otsuki? Tsukumaki?) backed this up in the same or a similiar article.

Anyway, thanks for all the interesting information, everybody! ^_^ These are some great finds!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Mon May 24, 2010 12:16 am

SPOILER: Show

Notice the Red/Blue "veins" running though out the Angel, Ill keep updating with images.

I believe that to be the LoL
"Spoilering due to image size"
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Mon May 24, 2010 2:40 am

Pretty sure that's Kaworu's fancy lance, not the LoL.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Mon May 24, 2010 3:07 am

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:Pretty sure that's Kaworu's fancy lance, not the LoL.

second thought, I agree.

The stripping of 02's core I believe

Right as Eva 01 bites down on the plug you can hear Asuka scream!

Little Rei heads
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Mon May 24, 2010 4:44 am

View Original Postskikes wrote:Rei has purple eyes.
Uh, I wouldn't go that far unless it's obvious in the BluRay version and even then... after EoE's Mix-Asuka, we don't really need wild theories because of a likely optical "illusion" of eye-colors again, do we?

View Original Postskikes wrote:And this.
{pic}

My hack job.
{pic}
You actually get a better look at it as its being opened for Mari to retrieve 02.
[URL=http://img188.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2010052411h38m14.png/]Image[/URL]

- Dunno if it counts as "interesting detail" or "new scene", but there's now a shot of the entry plug bitten in half by 01 before the cut to what remains of Asuka.
[URL=http://img294.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2010052411h08m16.png/]Image[/URL]

3.0 preview stuff:
- Gathering of the children bit: It might be more understandable that some thought it could be Fuyutsuki standing opposite to the shadows: Kaworu's apparently wearing one of the dark NERV uniforms.
[URL=http://img130.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2010052411h15m50.png/]Image[/URL]
- Further point (if any was needed) of Asuka wearing yet another new suit: Aside from the second set of blue... thingies, the blue cushion(?) on top of the collar being slightly larger and with a small V-cut, the green stripe now also goes over her shoulder.
[URL=http://img442.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2010052411h23m05.png/]Image[/URL]

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Mon May 24, 2010 10:02 am

On a second thought i might in to through a theory in for the beastmode and that plugsuit "tightening thing".

Did somebody thought of maybe that the plugsuit utility whoch activates there is actually made to kind of hold the Human form in Shape?

It would make sense in regards to Shinji who is apperently loosing his human form while gong berserk in unit 1.

With that we would have an exact purpose for the plugsuit changes for Mari/Kaoru and maybe even for Asuka in Forseight of the EoE like fight in 4.0/3.0

Well just my 2 Cents

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Mon May 24, 2010 1:16 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:...Also, Asuka's cosmetics(?) are German. Facemask? Is she putting makeup on to wear inside the Eva?
Yes, yes I think she is and that says something about her character.
:think: I'm not sure how foundation would behave in LCL though.
View Original PostOtakon 08 Ikari wrote:...Right as Eva 01 bites down on the plug you can hear Asuka scream!
Asukael you mean, after all she is part of Bardiel’s happy family at that moment.
Also from the enteryplug’s damage it looks like Yui’s teeth would have landed where the pilot’s neck normally goes...But one of the scenes during Bardiel’s possession showed him pulling Asuka all the way to the end of the plug so his embrace (an angel’s devine intervention?) might have saved her (although she might have gotten an exotic fungal infection as an aftereffect).
View Original PostRamiel² wrote:...It would make sense in regards to Shinji who is apperently loosing his human form while gong berserk in unit 1.
I kind of thought that Shinji coming apart and dissolving with Rei was basically the product of an instrumentality centered around him and Rei. In some ways it doesn’t seem to different in that respect from EoE, apart from the fact that Tabby penetrating them stopped it. Also, Red eyes and white “skin” make it seem like whatever differences they had might be fading.
Also I wonder if the group of Rei-clones and the absence of Rei and Shinji in the trailers might not indicate something.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Shinji's body falling apart/dissolving beforehand relates to him going deeper and deeper into the core(s) to save Rei, so they're spiritually linking. Metaphysical and kinda-sorta Instrumentality-ish in that sense, I'd say, but not 100% exactly the same thing.

Later on, Rei and Shinji dissolving together is just them being absorbed (in place of tanging I'd say, since it's just their souls at that point) into Eva-01.

That's probably what Ritsuko means by Shinji "losing his human form"; he'd be trapped with just his soul in Eva-01. It also takes into account that in-series they had such a tough time retrieving him during the episode 20 salvage operation (also remembering it failed with Yui/resulted in Rei-1).

.... :gendo_kimura: OH DEAR GOD WE'RE GOING TO GET A SHINJI-REI HYBRID. ;_; /Facetious

Actually, a Rei and Yui hybrid would be pretty cool. Or a Rei-Yui-Eva-0X (01? 08?) hybrid.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Mon May 24, 2010 1:53 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:.... :gendo_kimura: OH DEAR GOD WE'RE GOING TO GET A SHINJI-REI HYBRID. ;_; ...
:yui_grin: That's what 2ch thinksthere's already art & FF of the sort floating around, some in one of the RoE threads, It's kind of interesting to note that since Rei and Shinji could both be called derivatives of Yui a composite of the two could metaphorically equal their mother...And the mystery pilot.
Given how dificult it is to recover a single pilot, and how one of the double cores was broken by Tabby I wouldn't be surprized if at the least they might not be able to bring one of the pilots out of Shogoki's womb

Also Asuka in vlcsnap2010052411h23m05.th.png seems to have an almost crazy expression. There's also things about that image that seem a bit odd: The patch she's wearing is rather large, but it ends well before her nose and there's no visible scarring. That kind of makes it seem like it, and her hair style there are kind of working to conceal fungus something underneath.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

JupiterCallisto
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby JupiterCallisto » Mon May 24, 2010 1:59 pm

I'm sure others have mentioned this already but I found this common rebuild thing to be interesting, whenever a new Angel appears a halo is put above it's head (Ones like common Angels from the bible), and when it's defeated you see a rainbow.

Unit-06 has the same halo appear on it's head when it comes flying from the moon.

I don't know if it's talking about Kaworu or the Eva though.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Mon May 24, 2010 2:40 pm

The 4 "Adams" each has a different symbol. A 6 point star? A circle. A circled dot(the sun symbol?) and the last has a third eye.

I have a feeling the one in bold relates to the Star of David. The sun one could be a reference to the Egyptian sun god Ra *shrugs* and the one with the third eye is related to Hinduism. The "normal" one...... I got nothing.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Shinji_Fan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Shinji_Fan » Mon May 24, 2010 3:39 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:
.... :gendo_kimura: OH DEAR GOD WE'RE GOING TO GET A SHINJI-REI HYBRID. ;_; /Facetious

Actually, a Rei and Yui hybrid would be pretty cool. Or a Rei-Yui-Eva-0X (01? 08?) hybrid.

nah....She's going to come back pregnant. :smirk:

Random genetic material drift strikes!
"What's up Doc?"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Might have been mentioned already, but the American Nerv branch also has a pyramid on the surface (and an accompanying subterminal, or at least what looks like one), and the pit Eva-03 is hauled out of appears to be surrounded by those weird pillars that keep showing up.

http://evageeks.org/images/screens/eva2-22_us-nerv-branch.jpg
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue May 25, 2010 12:09 am

Wasn't Eva-03 from Massachusetts though? Since Eva-04 took out Nevada, and all that.

Kinda weird.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 25, 2010 12:37 am

Kinda looks like Eva-03 is taking off from Nevada, don't it? Was 2nd Branch relocated?

BTW, @NAW, the black sphere that appears over Antarctica at 2I isn't the Moon. First a dark dome manifests over the pole. Then a black sphere appears OVER the black dome, expands, and becomes encircled by haloes. I'm assuming it corresponds to the big black thing hovering over Eva-01 at the end of the film.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Tue May 25, 2010 2:11 am

View Original Postskikes wrote:Eva 01 has a third eye.

That may be the stripe on Unit-01's horn. It's probably turned red along with the rest of it's green trim bits.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 25, 2010 2:36 am

@master_lloyd: The stripe is acting as a stand-in for a third eye, kind of like how her jaw armor is being used to generate the "Angel face" silhouette.

Some random other shit I noticed that other people probably already noticed, and I don't feel like posting screenshots for right now:

- Halo forms over Eva-03's head when she's getting ready to pounce.

- Eva-03's eyes have red irises for the first close-up. They're a dull blue or something when they pop out of her skull.

- Eva-03's ribs have weird perforations in them. (Not sure if they're "naturally occurring" or not.)

- Eva-06's horn(s) are pointing straight at Kaworu's groin when he's standing on top of her helmet. (Okay, so this isn't that interesting.)

- Eva-00 loses both arms as a result of the N2 rocket blast. (In NGE, she lost her one remaining arm.)

- What Zeruel spits out is just the empty and partial shell of Eva-00's helmet -- there's no head inside. (As an aside, Zeruel's oral appendage is horrific.)

- Rei!Zeruel has two dark stripes on each upper humanoid arm. Weird.

- The deepest depicted entry plug depth is called "The Great Beyond Depth". lol

- Eva-01 pulls an actual core out of Zeruel's core. (I think Ornette noted this in his original synopsis.) When the red GNR forms, her head forms around the core. And then she sticks her head into Eva-01's chest, and the screen cuts away, and next thing we see is Eva-01 with two cores.

(So... like... why didn't Eva-01 just stuff the core into her chest to begin with, instead of a GNR forming around the core, who just becomes a core anyway?)

- For some reason, I want to think God!Eva-01 has a stylized red uterus -- but it's probably something else.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue May 25, 2010 8:14 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:- The deepest depicted entry plug depth is called "The Great Beyond Depth". lol
I knew it! My sequel theory was true! The characters are all reincarnated from The Lаnd Before Time!
View Original PostReichu wrote:- Eva-01 pulls an actual core out of Zeruel's core. (I think Ornette noted this in his original synopsis.) When the red GNR forms, her head forms around the core. And then she sticks her head into Eva-01's chest, and the screen cuts away, and next thing we see is Eva-01 with two cores.
So Unit 01 does still take a necessary object for godhood into herself. (Oh, wait. Godhood. I mean Herself.) I get the feeling this will result in a nice chunk of people going back to assuming the S2 Engine is the core.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

darthikari
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby darthikari » Tue May 25, 2010 8:32 am

NAveryW wrote
EDIT: Keep in mind we have no evidence that the new movies take place in 2015.

If you look at Yui's marker in the gravesite scene, whilst her birthdate is obscured by Shinji's flowers, the death year does say 2004. At least on the surface, It seems we're still in the same timeframe as the series.
"I've had recurring nightmares, that I was loved for who I am, and missed the opportunity to be a better man..."

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue May 25, 2010 9:00 am

Nice catch. Statement retracted.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”