[RP] Harbinger of Eva

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

[RP] Harbinger of Eva

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sat May 15, 2010 7:50 pm

Kensuke Aida
Day 1, 07:25 hours
Tokyo-03 Municipal Junior High, Class 2-A

Aida worked slowly through the rather ironic reading assignment: "Survival in Auschwitz" by Primo Levi. The parallels with this, and the East Berlin struggle against the wall were the concept of the instructor trying to offer some kind of hope to them, but in the end, the instructor never did manage to get his English translation of book reviews quite right.

He looked back and forth slowly between the desks. He did notice a few new faces, such as that Hotaru kid. Seriously, he wondered what kind of government thought an eight year old child so skittish and dependent would ever be considered a risk to society.

Now, Matsuda, that was one person he thought deserved to wear the crimson dogtags.

Rubbing at his right wrist, the site the RF chip had been placed just below the skin, Aida looked back to Hikari. The girl didn't seem too happy over the last month. More and more, her role as a sounding board for everyone's complaints about martial law, and the government's mouthpiece was slowly wearing on her.

Glancing back at the display of his laptop, toggling over the various restricted functions, he considered sending a message through the classroom IRC channel. However, that was questionable, and heavily monitored. Sighing, he reminded himself he only needed to survive another eight hours. He would then be free to retreat to his haven with the others.

Perhaps, he considered, he simply wouldn't return home. The library had many corridors, most of which were never patrolled.

Open to character interaction

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Sat May 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Hotaru Hoshikawa
Day 1, 07:30 hours

Hotaru mentally cringed as he scanned the text. Some of the kanji were practically illegible to him--but that was hardly something he wanted to alert the teacher of.

You're supposed to be a genius. Act like it. Hotaru chided himself, eyes wandering to the sullen boy several rows in front, They're all sullen, really. I don't think anyone here has anything to be happy about.

His fingers hesitated as they trembled against the scarlet keys of the laptop. He knew the teacher wasn't paying attention to the IRC channel--but if the rest of the security in Tokyo-3 was anything to judge off of, other eyes most likely were.

He couldn't stop the trembling. A new world, a new place, new people, the shattered fortress of Tokyo-3, and the opportunity that had dangled itself in his face like a ladder in a well, always just a little too far off for him to grip.

Somewhere in this city, mother was killed. So I'll get revenge on the Angels...somehow. Silently, Hotaru resolved himself to whatever means he required, and set about to carefully compose in as eloquent terms as he could manage a message. The JSSDF could monitor the IRC all they liked, but they wouldn't intervene if nothing suspicious was exchanged. At least, he hoped they wouldn't.

Hotaru swallowed his fear for the moment, finger resting on the enter key. The packets that contained his message maneuvered invisibly across the airwaves to Kensuke's laptop.
'I'm Hotaru. Is it all right with you, if we become acquainted?'

I'll need as many friends as I can find here.

Open to character interaction

kayeich
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kayeich » Sat May 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Masaru Sagiri
Day 1, 07:30 hours

Masaru yawned as he leaned on his seat, the chair's legs balancing precariously on it's back legs as he tipped it back and forth by shifting his own legs' muscles atop the desk. His hands both rested on the back of his legs, until he eyed the glare the class rep was tossing his way. Ouch, caught. He could usually get away with that posture since he sat all the way in the back.

Tossing a weak grin back at her, his hands shifted towards the seat, pulling as he straightened in position, putting his feet back in the ground. The chair made a soft thud noise as it finally rested on four legs, as it was meant to.

Turning his eyes away from her (she was still glaring! why? I've taken my feet off the desk, didn't I?!?), he looked at the monitor and grimaced at all the random gibberish on his screen from his feet earlier, along with some messages from his classmates to him. Funny, he hadn't even noticed the keys getting smashed or anything.

...Oh. He'd sent that gibberish across the class's IRC channel. Well, that would explain some of the comments from others on private windows.

His fingers flickered towards the keyboard, and began rapidly smashing the backspace key repeatedly to erase some of the gibberish that hadn't been sent out. As he began replying to some of the private messages he'd received, he peeked over his screen to check that Hikari was no longer focused on him. He let loose a small sigh of relief as he ducked his head back down.

He felt sorry for the girl, stressed as he knew she was, but while he didn't want to cause her trouble, he also didn't want to involve himself with her more than he had to. He liked his status as one of the popular kids, and didn't want to jeapordize it by giving her a shoulder to lean on.

I mean, if she was a -friend-, that'd be one thing, I guess...

Cheerful thought, when he still had trouble figuring out whom he'd really consider a friend, if anyone at all.

Turning his head back up to the screen, he sent a message to the classroom channel that wasn't gibberish. 'What's everyone planning to do once school ends?' he posed the question, wondering if he'd get any interesting replies, perhaps something to invite himself to since there wasn't any track practice today.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun May 16, 2010 12:52 am

Katsuko Kotonoha
Day 1, 7:50am
Class 2-A

She crumpled up another piece of paper, though this was not surprising. Having always been one that tended to get her school work finished quickly and efficiently, Katsuko Kotonoha committed herself to her favorite pass-time: art. Lately, however, she had run herself into what is known as an "Artist's Block"; her usual style of doodling had transcended into a downward turn of emotion, a path that she rarely found herself satisfied in. She couldn't quite put her thumb on what the source of her more recent morbid art was, but she was sure that it was something much worse than her monthly friend, and she was too scared to think it might be her other usual cause of grief.

She sighed and started on a new sheet of paper. It started as a flower in the warm sunshine, but as her strokes continued it quickly transformed into something in which words cannot describe. Lets just say that she ended up crumpling up that sheet as well.

Giving up, Katsuko pulled a novel from her bag and began reading. A nice science fiction ought to settle my thoughts a bit. The bespectacled girl shut herself from the world around her, and the classroom becoming nothing more than a blur in her peripherals. Books were another one of her strong passions despite the fact that she never read very often; she simply never took time out of her days to read. Today was different, because art had finally failed her in doing its job.

Katsuko had almost succeeded in her escape when a soft beep came from her laptop; someone had sent her a message. Normally she would ignore messages, but the username on this particular message caught her attention.

Him?

(Katsuko finds herself with Artist's Block. As she turns her attention to reading, she finds herself interrupted with an instant message.)

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sun May 16, 2010 10:40 am

Kensuke Aida
Day 1, 07:51 hours

Kensuke didn't know what he was thinking, as he was trying to restrict his contact with others on the IRC channel. However, looking over at Katsuko, something needed to be said. He hadn't bothered to check in on her lately, and a thought continued to nag at the back of his mind he was becoming too distant.

Typing in the message, he quickly pressed enter, and awaited her response.

<K_AIda> "Katsuko? Is everything okay?"

Katsuko response

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun May 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Note to GM: Sachi actually was leading into me sending Kats a PM, so don't mind the fact that I'm effectively doing what you did. I'm sure she'll answer yours too. I recommend everyone be clear next time if they're conspiring in a particular way, so that these things don't happen again.

Takeru Matsuda
Day 1, 07:48 hours
Tokyo-3 Muncipal Junior High, Class 2-A

Takeru ran into the class, panting for breath. He didn't normally mind being late, but this was practically his first day here. Besides, he had a message to send to someone.

He sat down at his desk quietly, no doubt surprising the Class Rep. He didn't care, and he didn't really care that he was sending something over a channel the police or the military or whoever it was could see.

"Hey, Katsuko. This is Matsuda. Long time no see. How are ya, buddy? (^.^)"

The smiley seemed a little weird for him, but Katsuko was a girl and would like such things.

Then he turned his attention to other messages. There was gibberish, which lots of people had replied to, but also a question about what people were doing.

"I'm not doing anything. Least of all homework... Why?"
Last edited by Legendary on Sun May 16, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kayeich
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kayeich » Sun May 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Masaru Sagiri
Day 1, 07:51 hours
Class 2-A

Masaru sighed as he randomly chatted with various of his classmates. Nobody looked like they were planning anything interesting, so nothing really worth inviting himself to.

Eventually he got to Takeru's reply and snorted. Well, he's certainly bluntly honest about it.

Typing back a reply didn't take long. 'Why? Boredom, why else? Nothing to do in this town since it went to hell in a basket.'

He briefly wondered if he'd get in trouble for referring to the lockdown situation as such, but he didn't think it was that out of line to show a little bit of annoyance with it. Certainly not enough to get shot at or anything crazy like that...right?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun May 16, 2010 10:02 pm

Katsuko Kotonoha
Day 1, 7:55am
Class 2-A

[TakMat] "Hey, Katsuko. This is Matsuda. Long time no see. How are ya, buddy? (^.^)"

Takeru Matsuda. That was a name Katsuko hadn't even thought about in ages. She was fairly certain she had seen the last him of years ago, when he left. There was no way he could be back, right? Doubtful, she replied:

[Katsu-chan] "Who is this?"

The click of the Enter key sent the message away, but she had received a new message just as quickly. This time it was from Kensuke Aida.

[K_AIda] "Katsuko? Is everything okay?"

[Katsu-chan] "Everything is just peachy. There's this guy messaging me who thinks he's funny pretending to be Takeru Matsuda. (Lol, remember him? xD) If somebody is going to try to pull a prank like this on me, they should at least make it more realistic. The nerve of some people... -_-"

Juggling between messages once more, she switched back to the other window and saw that "Takeru" had left another message.

[TakMat] "Takeru Matsuda. Your old best friend? Pushed you into the swimming pool a few years ago? Teased you for your crush on what's-his-face? Is he still around, btw?"

[Katsu-chan] "Yeah, yeah. Very funny. Stop messaging me."

Katsuko quickly closed the window without a second thought, sighing and rubbing her brow. Of all days, I don't need something like this to happen today. The hair in her eyes was softly brushed to the side, and she saw a new message from Kensuke.

[K_Aida] "Wait, you didn't know? Yeah, Matsuda came back just the other day."

Her jaw nearly dropped. She took a turn towards the back, and back around, having quickly scanned the room, making brief eye contact with him: Takeru Matsuda, in the second row to the back, all grown up. Her face flushed and she hung her head to hide her face, mouth sealed shut by her hand; it was the only way to keep herself from gasping. Another message appeared on her screen:

[TakMat] "???"

[Katsu-chan] "Oh, my God! I am SO sorry. >.< When did you come back? WHY did you come back??? Oh jeez, this is really awkward. ^^;"

(Sachi proves his flexibility when he turns a writing mistake into a funny situation. Katsuko mistakes Takeru as someone playing a prank on her, dismisses it as such, but is corrected by Kensuke. Katsuko begins catching up with Takeru.)
Last edited by Sachi on Sun May 23, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Mon May 17, 2010 10:58 pm

Takeru Matsuda
Day 1, 7:56 am
Class 2-A

"[Katsu-chan] Who is this?"

Takeru sighed. She really didn't remember him? Stupid.... [TakMat] "Takeru Matsuda. Your old best friend? Pushed you into the swimming pool a few years ago? Teased you for your crush on what's-his-face? Is he still around, btw?"

That didn't work either. Takeru sighed. He waved to her several times, but she didn't notice. Grr. One last message, a trio of question marks. Then he turned his attention to Sagiri's response. Something about boredom.

[TakMat] "I passed an arcade on the way to school. Try there."

[Katsu-chan] "Oh, my God! I am SO sorry. >.< When did you come back? WHY did you come back??? Oh jeez, this is really awkward. ^^;"

[TakMat] "Took you long enough. I got back just before lockdown because my dad got a job here. What's up with you? ^_^

Legendary produces concentrated IRC awesome after telling Sachi he couldn't do it tonight. I'm such a posttease.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Tue May 18, 2010 12:59 pm

Kensuke Aida
Day 1, 08:02 hours

[Katsu-chan] "Everything is just peachy. There's this guy messaging me who thinks he's funny pretending to be Takeru Matsuda. (Lol, remember him? xD) If somebody is going to try to pull a prank like this on me, they should at least make it more realistic. The nerve of some people... -_-"

Kensuke was rather surprised by the response from Katsuko. Reading it slowly, then reading it again, he wondered why she didn't know.

[K_Aida]Wait, you didn't know? Yeah, Matsuda came back just the other day.

He turned, and watched the girl flush brilliant red, her jaw hanging open, unable to find the right words. As she would not likely respond to him, being too occupied with Matsuda, Kensuke went back to browsing random features on his laptop.

There wasn't really much to do, except listen, complete the homework, and avoid bringing too much attention to himself. With Toji gone, and Hikari tied up with her duties, there wasn't much else to do.

It was then he noticed the message from Hotaru, the new transfer student.
'I'm Hotaru. Is it all right with you, if we become acquainted?'

The text was in Latin characters, which, Kensuke had to admit, was easier to read. Without any hesitation, he began to type a response, replying again in Latin characters.

[K_Aida]"Sure, that is no problem at all. Want to meet up for lunch?"

Kensuke corrects the confusion with Matsuda and Kotonoha, but makes contact with Hotaru[/quote]

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Thu May 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Hotaru Hoshikawa
Day 1, 08:03 hours

Hotaru let slip his restraint as the message arrived, a grin peeking out from his lips as he savored the slender English. Quickly he sprung to respond.

[hoshi_onair]"That sounds wonderful. Do you eat in the classroom, or outside?"

His eyes wandered lazily out to the window as he waited, separated from the trees and the sunlight by what was to him an infinitely thick expanse of glass. Outside he observed a bird, its ruffled plumage smoothing out as it settled onto a nearby tree; a flash of sunlight across the scarlet ribbon bound to its leg revealed a message strapped to the bird, a rolled up scroll.

The bird had his full attention as it flew out, swerving evenly across the sky and beginning to approach the martial line separating Tokyo-3 from the world.

A gunshot muffled by the glass windows rang out, and the rough outline of the avian collapsed in flight, tumbling to the earth below with its wings still stretched high.

Pitiful.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sun May 23, 2010 3:30 am

Kensuke Aida
Day 1, 08:05 hours

[hoshi_onair]"That sounds wonderful. Do you eat in the classroom, or outside?"

Aida thought about the matter for a while. If they ate outside, they would be more easily observed. However, if they stayed indoors, they would still be observed. Rather than the JSSDF security detail, they had to truly worry more about the classmates that had become informers. Aida had seen things, students in the other classes dragged out of their homes and detained for nothing more than a simple classroom grudge.

[K_Aida]Outside is probably better, say on the roof? See you at noon?

Aida sets a time and place for lunch with Hotaru

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun May 23, 2010 10:36 pm

Katsuko Kotonoha
Day 1, 7:58am
Class 2-A

[TakMat] "Took you long enough. I got back just before lockdown because my dad got a job here. What's up with you? ^_^

The young girl wasn't sure what to think. Her mind was a mess of excitement and discomfort, but she could not find a way to properly convey it; she was an artist, not a speaker.

[Katsu-chan]"Oh, nothing much. ^^; I probably don't have to tell you, but things have certainly changed since you left. If I were in your shoes, I probably wouldn't recognize half the people in this room, even if they were old friends. Then again, I don't even recognize them now, but that's just me. :P"

It was all flooding back to her now, the distant memories that were more akin to hazy dreams, or maybe even a optimistic imagination than to anything else. A flash on her screen signaled the return message:

[TakMat] "They look the same to me."

Katsuko sighed faintly, and began tapping her pencil.

[Katsu-chan] "Not what I meant, but forget I said anything. It doesn't matter anyways."

Her green eyes gazed beyond the window as she began blindly marking up her paper into indistinguishable shapes and scribbles. For a brief moment, a flying bird caught her eyes' attention; for a brief moment she looked away, and a faint gunshot brought the ground closer to the poor creature. The screen caught her attention once more.

[TakMat] "Whatever. Anyways, we need to hang out, you know? It has been forever!

[Katsu-chan] "I dunno... I'm pretty busy."

This was a lie; Katsuko never did anything after school on any day, other than the occasional appointment at the local grocer.

[TakMat] "Come on! It'll be fun! Surely you can spare me one little day? Please?

[Katsu-chan] "I suppose I can work something into my schedule if you insist. :P But I can't promise I'll be in a good mood.."

She let out one more sigh, and dropped her pencil onto her paper, quoting herself quietly: "Things have certainly changed..."

(Katsuko and Takeru catch up a little bit.)
Last edited by Sachi on Mon May 31, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Mon May 31, 2010 1:49 am

Takeru Matsuda
Day 1, 8:00 am
Class 2-A

[Katsu-chan] "Oh, nothing much. ^^; I probably don't have to tell you, but things have certainly changed since you left. If I were in your shoes, I probably wouldn't recognize half the people in this room, even if they were old friends. Then again, I don't even recognize them now, but that's just me. :P"

Takeru disagreed there. He recognized most everyone, and flinched at the way Kensuke had glared once. He'd been kind of a jerk kid. Okay, so he wanted in the Yakuza now, but that was different. That was all about joining something that MEANT something.

[TakMat] "They look the same to me."

[Katsu-chan] "Not what I meant, but forget I said anything. It doesn't matter anyways."

[TakMat] "Whatever. Anyways, we need to hang out, you know? It has been forever!

He really wanted that. He would be a little bit busy, of course, trying to impress people, but he could spare an afternoon a week.

[Katsu-chan] "I dunno... I'm pretty busy."

[TakMat] "Come on! It'll be fun! Surely you can spare me one little day? Please?

[Katsu-chan] "I suppose I can work something into my schedule if you insist. :P But I can't promise I'll be in a good mood.."

Excellent.

---

Lunchtime. Such a yummy time. He pushed his computer out of the way and began to chow down. Then he looked around the room. The two pilot girls (he didn't recognize either) both looked... strange. Then there was the eight-year old. Katsuko. Kensuke and Toji. A few others.

Sad class. He decided not to stick his neck out if he could help it. Just eat in peace, don't make trouble, and everything will be fine.

Takeru responds, eats lunch. He won't join in on any conversation when we get there, but if someone tries to talk to him, I'm cool with that

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Hotaru Hoshikawa
Day 1, 12:01 hours
Tokyo-03 Municipal Junior High, Roof

Hotaru took a seat on the empty rooftop bench, his gaze focused squarely on the door that would open to signal the second boy's arrival. The metal box containing his lunch came open with an automated motion of his fingers as he tried to recall as much as he had overheard from his classmates regarding Kensuke--which, all things said, wasn't much.

Hotaru's eyes did briefly stray to the laminated photo taped reverently to the underside of his lunchbox's lid. Solemnly he observed his mother's silence once more, and swallowed his fears for the sake of that aged resolve.

That's right, Hotaru recalled in a moment of clarity, a passing sentence spelled out in the public chatroom that he had barely noted of before, Someone mentioned robots and his name...not sure what about, but it's a start. I might be able to start a discussion, at least.
He was grasping at straws here, turning to random teenagers for potential assistance, but straws was all he had in this lockdown.

Hotaru's eyes once more steeled themselves on the door, in time to see the steel knob turn and the rusty old door creak open.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Kensuke Aida
Day 1, 12:02 hours

Aida opened the door to the roof slowly, and stepped out onto the roof, instantly seeing Hotaru staring at the door. He seemed to shrink back and turn away as Kensuke approached, trying to hide his interest. "Hotaru, nice to meet you," Ken started. Setting his black backpack down on the asphalt roof, the teen took a seat next to the boy as he dug through the contents of his lunch, setting them down.

The convenience of eating on the roof, Kensuke grinned, was the reheating effect it had on leftovers.

"So, what do you think of the class so far?"

Hotaru response

"Yeah, it's more repetition than anything else, but if you want, there is a study group run by the class rep. Usually they try to cover more material."

Hotaru possibly asking about the "giant robots"

"Umm, well, about that..." Kensuke paused, not knowing what to say. Ever since the last battle and martial law put in effect, he didn't know what to think anymore. Shinji was gone, Rei didn't say much of anything, and Asuka... Well, Asuka seemed to have taken a turn for the worse.

"It's hard to explain, but yes, this is a warzone, and there are giant robots. I can't say anything more." It wasn't like Aida didn't want to say something more. However, with the recent laws put into effect for classified information, practically reducing anything besides a discussion about the weather became a military secret.

Hotaru response

"Hotaru, please!" Kensuke barked. "I can't... I can't say anymore." He stopped, watching the boy flinch. "It's... I'm sorry."

Kensuke and Hotaru have lunch on the roof, and discuss the "giant robot" issue

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Hotaru Hoshikawa
Day 1, 12:02 hours

"So, what do you think of the class so far?"

"The teacher seems a little off. He keeps trying to talk about Second Impact, then he just doubles back to other things."

"Yeah, it's more repetition than anything else, but if you want, there is a study group run by the class rep. Usually they try to cover more material."

"Ah, I might like that. Um...Aida-san? Do you like giant robots?"

"Umm, well, about that..." Kensuke paused, not knowing what to say. Ever since the last battle and martial law put in effect, he didn't know what to think anymore. Shinji was gone, Rei didn't say much of anything, and Asuka... Well, Asuka seemed to have taken a turn for the worse.

"It's hard to explain, but yes, this is a warzone, and there are giant robots. I can't say anything more." It wasn't like Aida didn't want to say something more. However, with the recent laws put into effect for classified information, practically reducing anything besides a discussion about the weather became a military secret.

"Aw, come on!" Hotaru wasn't sure how to handle this; the 'cute kid' card wasn't worth anything right now. He needed something more...real, "It's not like you know anything, right? I just thought you might--"

"Hotaru, please!" Kensuke barked. "I can't... I can't say anymore."

Hotaru winced at the sudden exclamation, unaccustomed to being cut off like that. He supposed it was a highschool thing. He'd only intended a lead-in, maybe something about Gekiganger 3 or the like to spark a conversation, but clearly it was too close to the reality.

"It's... I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry." A perfect lie, but he had to appear sympathetic, "I shouldn't have asked."

Hotaru looked at the photo again, trying to grasp at the reverently-preserved image for some fragment of inspiration. And somewhere in the midst of that old photo, it occurred to him; vengeance. If he could be so gripped by the dead, surely it wasn't beyond that emotion to grip Kensuke as well?

But first...I need to see if he has something to avenge. And if he doesn't, then my last leg to fall on is sympathy...

"A...aida-san," Hotaru once more pushed himself to regain his composure, gaining little for his efforts as his body continued to tremble ever so slightly, "Do you have any family?"

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Kensuke Aida]
Day 1, 12:04 hours

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." The boy seemed to pause for a moment, but after looking down at his lunch, focused again on Kensuke. "A...aida-san, do you have any family?"

"A father, and an uncle, yes," Kensuke mentioned briefly. Looking away from the child, his mind screamed from the stressors, hoping he wouldn't have to say anything more in public about giant robots. Squeezing the crimson dogtags in his hands, he thought about Toji and Mari. He needed to keep his mouth shut.

Hotaru response

"Y-yes, I would want to do something if that happened..." Aida started. "But... things are more complicated than that. You can't just run around, trying to get revenge."

Hotaru response

"Why are you asking all of these questions?" Aida finally asked. Things had just spiraled out of control ever since this lunch meeting began, and the frustration was building in the teen. He could not keep a low profile if people started approaching him with leading questions, particularly about giant robots.

Kensuke continues to dodge direct questions to avoid government intervention.

kayeich
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kayeich » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Masaru Sagiri
Day 1, 12:09
Class 2-A

Masaru yawned as he put away his emptied bento, making space on his desk so he could rest his head and nap for a bit, well maybe.

Hopefully the rest of the class would make enough noise to wake him up when it was time for the teacher to begin once more with droning on and on.

He sighed briefly. He couldn't wait for the school day to end. Takeru's arcade suggestion sounded as good as any...

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Hotaru Hoshikawa
Day 1, 12:06 hours

"A father, and an uncle, yes."

"I've been thinking, Aida-san...this lockdown's completely crazy. There are soldiers at every turn, and you can see everyone's thinking the same thing. It would be painful, wouldn't it...losing them? You'd just want to lash out at the world..."

"Y-yes, I would want to do something if that happened...But... things are more complicated than that. You can't just run around, trying to get revenge."

"Why not?" Hotaru smirked, "Vengeance is the basis of justice. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, and nail for nail, punishment is supposed to fit the crime: shouldn't the dead be avenged, and the victims granted their vengeance?"

"Why are you asking all of these questions?" Aida finally asked. Things had just spiraled out of control ever since this lunch meeting began, and the frustration was building in the teen. He could not keep a low profile if people started approaching him with leading questions, particularly about giant robots.

"Because it occurred to me, Aida-san...that this lockdown isn't like what the teacher was talking about. This isn't Berlin; that situation was stable, steady and prolonged. The Tokyo-3 lockdown is escalating every moment, more soldiers are put in here daily, the blockade increases in strength and more weapons are armed. If all these soldiers are here to protect us from Angels, why are all the guns pointed inward?"

Kensuke response.

"People are being put in increasing danger as we speak--Tokyo-3 isn't being locked down, it's being smoked out. It doesn't look like this is supposed to end; just keep growing until things finally blow up in our faces." Hotaru put on his best sigh, leaning forward on his knees.

Kensuke response.

"It's chilling. Like someone is searching for something. If they are, when they find it, what do you think will happen? This isn't something that just goes away one day, Aida-san..." Hotaru's fingers ran against his head tiredly, "I don't want to come to class one day and find one, two--three of my classmates having disappeared overnight. I've lost enough already."

Kensuke response.

A wry smile crept over Hotaru's face, "I must've spoken fourteen or fifteen buzzwords in four minutes. Think my apartment's being searched?" Not that there's anything to be found in that empty shell. "Perhaps I've spoken enough. There is such a thing as an overmerry tongue."

Hotaru presses Kensuke further.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”