Harbinger of Eva RP Discussion and Sign Ups!

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

kayeich
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kayeich » Sat May 15, 2010 12:12 am

Due to conflicting schedules, gameplay will begin on May 14th, 2010 at 00:00 hours. Character details are to be posted before then on this thread. At the start of the game date, a thread will be created for this game.

May 15th. :asuka_sad:

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sat May 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Sorry.... beat from work. The thread will start shortly.

Name: Aida Kensuke
Height: 157cm
Weight: 48 kg
Hair color: Brown
General psychological profile/personality: Kensuke was originally interested in all things military related, as the military has not only the greatest state of the art technology, but also represents a level of chivalry and manliness which was overtly portrayed in popular culture. His interests range from aircraft models, to recording anything he can which he considers an incredible display of military hardware. When he wasn't focused on military tech, he was knee deep in trouble acquiring what "intelligence" he could on the female population of Class 2-A, for fun or profit.

At least, that was how he was before.

Since the latest declaration of martial law and the enactment of the Qualifier Condition, Aida has done his best to be low-key. Since his previous contact with Shinji, Toji, and various NERV personnel has made him a highly desirable acquisition by the JSSDF, he has made all available attempts to avoid confrontation.

There is speculation that he is a member of a Class 2-A based underground movement attempting to breach the checkpoints along the city perimeter. However, such speculation is without substantial evidence.

The video camera he regularly used in prior months while in Class 2-A has been confiscated by JSSDF personnel, and all data recorded by it has been classified top secret.

While still maintaining a low profile, Kensuke does make a subtle attempt at social interaction. These attempts are more along the lines of offering some comfort to Hikari Horaki after the whereabouts of Toji Suzuhara have been classified.

Associations/clubs/personal relationships: As previously mentioned, his primary contact has been with Hikari Horaki. Other contacts within Class 2-A are limited, and involve minimal communication to avoid reprisals from the JSSDF. Of course, Kensuke has made exceptions in the case of new transfer students, or the occasional acquaintance that requires a morale boost. Edit: His latest acquaintance, Katsuko Kotonoha, seems particularly unusual, but no less worthy of his attention. However, contact with her initially is sketchy at best, and any attempts to further their interaction must be taken with care.

Still a member of the manga club, he has recently joined a small group of students which spend their study group sessions in a secluded portion of the municipal library reference section in the sub basement. They are occasionally open to accepting new members, but they are secretive in their studies.

JSSDF investigations still have yet to tie Kensuke to any anti-government associations, but research is continuing.
Last edited by GoatMan on Sun May 16, 2010 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun May 16, 2010 1:02 am

View Original PostGoatMan wrote:As previously mentioned, his primary contact has been with Hikari Horaki. Other contacts within Class 2-A are limited, and involve minimal communication to avoid reprisals from the JSSDF.

Hey, hey, hey. I thought we agreed he was a known acquaintance of Katsuko Kotonoha?

Anyways, now that this RP is all up and running, I took the liberty of stickying it and this thread, re-designating this thread as the new discussion thread for the RP. All discussion regarding the RP is to be in this thread, and out of the actual RP thread for fear of clutter. As always, character sign-ups will continue in this thread for new players, as well as current players that may eventually add more characters to their disposal.

We should probably look into creating an IRC channel for further content regarding the RP, but that can be discussed later. Until then, I've got my first post up, and happy RPing to all!

EDIT: One last thing: for anybody with signatures, please leave them out of your posts within the RP thread. This can be done by unchecking the box labeled "Attach signature... (etc)" below the text field when making each post.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

kayeich
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kayeich » Sun May 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Well, I hang out in irc.lunarnet.org, so that would be my preferred server of choice for IRC. Of course, I'm aware there's a channel for the forum in rizon, so I'd understand a preference for that server.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun May 16, 2010 10:16 pm

I shall now address basic color coding within posts so that some sense of organization can remain intact.

Normally, your posts should be without color, to retain a professional theme throughout the game. However, there will be times when colors become necessary.

Green lines, like this, are to be used whenever quoting what another player has written in another posts. Usually this used when characters are having a back-and-forth conversation. Person A (the person making the posts) will remain in normal color, while everything spoken by Person B (the person being quoted) will be in green.

Blue lines, like this, are to be used when there is a gap that needs to be filled by another player. Say your character is interacting with another, but you, as a player, haven't completely finished writing the conversation yet and must wait until the other player writes their side of the conversation. In blue you will simply put a summary of what the other player should write in that spot and leave it until that player has finished. When that happens, replace the blue lines with what the other player has written, and put it in green.

It is also recommended that when you make longer posts that may qualify as "tl;dr", that you put a brief summary of your entire posts at the bottom in small, bolded text like this. This does not mean people are not reading your posts, it just makes it convenient for those who are looking for a quote from a certain post and can quickly look to the bottom of each post to get a gist of what each post is about, and if it is the post they are looking for.

And that's all that I can think of right now. If someone has any comments, questions, or suggestions as to how to format the posts, feel free to ask.
Last edited by Sachi on Sun May 23, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

kayeich
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kayeich » Sun May 16, 2010 11:04 pm

...complex. :kaos_?:

I'll say right now that I'm mot really used to this style of board gaming, so if I make mistakes and such, lemme know (though hopefully I won't make any!).

Starting to at least see the importance of time stamping for game posts though, not to mention reason for some of the bigger gaps in time between posts.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun May 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Don't worry. It's a lot easier done than explained. As the game continues, you'll get the hang of it. Look to other posts for reference.
- Sachi

Orichalcon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Orichalcon » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:37 pm

This one interest me. Let me throw my hat in, please.

Name: Orion Halcon (So original-Middle name is Charles)
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 153 lbs
Hair color: Black with barely noticeable dark brown highlights
General psychological profile/personality: Ori is... Well, offbeat. He only just recently moved to Tokyo-3 with his stepmother, who was part of the team that brought the leftover parts of Unit-04 to the GeoFront. A huge robot fan, he was instantly infatuated with the whole EVA series, especially Unit-01. At the same time, however, he's not a big fan of the T-RIDEN-Ts, proclaiming that "Real Robots need to look cooler than that!" When not talking about robots, Ori is actually very perceptive and intelligent, almost personable. Of course, finding him not talking about robots is a rarity, and knowing no Japanese doesn't help.
Associations/clubs/personal relationships: Class 2-A, Doctor Emma Halcon (Mother)

This alright?
Last edited by Orichalcon on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small. And the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:46 pm

View Original PostOrichalcon wrote:This one interest me. Let me throw my hat in, please.

Name: Orion Halcon (So original-Middle name is Charles)
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 153 lbs
Hair color: Black with barely noticeable dark brown highlights
General psychological profile/personality: Ori is... Well, offbeat. He only just recently moved to Tokyo-3 with his stepmother, who was part of the team that brought the leftover parts of Unit-04 to the GeoFront. A huge robot fan, he was instantly infatuated with the whole EVA series, especially Unit-01. At the same time, however, he's not a big fan of the T-RIDEN-Ts, proclaiming that "Real Robots need to look cooler than that!" When not talking about robots, Ori is actually very perceptive and intelligent, almost personable. Of course, finding him not talking about robots is a rarity, and knowing no Japanese doesn't help.
Associations/clubs/personal relationships: Class 2-A, Doctor Emma Halcon (Mother)

This alright?

6'4" for a junior high kid? That's rather intense.. I could see 5'4", but remember to put everything in SI units (centimeters, kilograms, etc) so as to keep with the feel and format of this Evaverse.

Id' say adjust the height to be somewhere around 5'4" (maybe 5'8" at the tallest, just because he is 14), and we're solid.

Orichalcon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Orichalcon » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:57 pm

OK. I was thinking in inches, because that was my height when I was that age.
One pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small. And the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”