Favorite Video Games

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Oboe
Embryo

Favorite Video Games

•      
  •      

Postby Oboe » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:52 am

I have no idea if you guys play any games at all, but if you do, what are your favorites and why?
Thank you for flying Church of England, cake or death?

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:22 am

There are a load of gamers here, I used to play games for a life! I didn't buge from my pc or my room for atleast 4 - 5 years... I still play sometimes when I have nothing better to do, say bout 20 mins or so.

Any good fps, rts, or racer was on my table....

\Best games of all time:
Halo
HL2
Doom3
Quake3
Jedi Knight / JK2
Homeworld / H2
Dawn of war
Underground/NFSU2
CS Source
yada yada bla bla bla...
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Oboe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Oboe » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:47 pm

I loved Quake 3! Quake 2 was actually my first computer game and (get this) my first experiance with Eva. I was like 14 or 13. We were playing in this store where you could use the computers for half an hour at a time and sombody was running around as EVA-01. A friend of mine was all "ZOMG EVA!!" and I had NO idea.

Games where you run around shooting your friends are SO fun. Love Halo 2.

Favorite games of mine are Zelda:OoT, Threads of Fate, and the DMC and MGS series. DMC and MGS in particular.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:23 pm

All the Final Fantasy series, GTA--especially Vice City--, the first Zelda, Lufia 2, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Iss Pro Evolution..And some others, i can't think right now! ^_^
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:17 pm

Oni - Major inspiration source to my manga/computer game project Raikiri.

Ground Control. It was the sole source of inspiration to my "War of a New Dawn" fic, and one of the best RTS's I've played.

Pac-man - The game that brought me into videogames.

Zelda - Altough they're all good (OK, maybe not the GB ones), Ocarina of Time is still my favorite.

Lylat Wars (Starfox 64 in non-europe) - Awesomeness.

Jedi Knight 1, 2 and Academy - Lightsabers! Jay!

ZangbandTk - One of the most hardcore RPG's I've ever played. Nah, strike the "one of."

Little Fighter 2 - Stop staring at me like that.

Unreal Tournament - Kicks the asses of both CS and Quake.

Edit: I forgot some!

Final Fantasy III, VII, VIII and X - Wow. Just... Wow.

Chrono Trigger - The characters are designed by Akira Toriyama. What could possibly go wrong?

Tales of Phantasia - Best. RPG. Ever. Play. This. Now!

Star Ocean - Awesome. It doesn't beat ToP, but it's pretty darn close.
Asuka > Rei

The Sandman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Sandman » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:51 pm

FIFA Soccer
NHL 2003
Madden2003
NASCAR 2005:Chase for the Cup.
Rugby 2005
NBA Live 2003
MVP Baseball 2004

You get the pattern here right?
Exit light/Enter night/Take my hand/We off to Never Neverland

Enter Sandman

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:26 pm

I had my ass handed to me with Space Invaders and Missile Command, and so gave up and laughed at the guys with Defender thumb.

Many years later I proved that this was not a fluke by getting hammered in xpilot; and many years later kept on the losing streak by being humiliatingly pathetic in network games of Counterstrike.

The only things along this line I played and enjoyed were really early DOS-based flight sims which would land the plane for you. I probably racked up many more hours being not very good at CivII and Alpha Centauri.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:21 pm

Knights of the Old Republic 2: Alright, so it didn't have an ending, the rest of it is top-notch, and I can't wait for the third. Even if I have to get a 360.

Unreal Championship 2: I'm an Unreal whore, and, IMO Unreal has never been better than this. Big guns, axes, swords, and sexy vampire chicks. Win.

Baldurs Gate 2: One of the most immersives RPGs ever, and loads of rerplay value. I'm playing it trhough for about the thirteenth time now, and it's been different each time.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Strategy and RPG. Ok, so it's WAY more linear than most FFs, but it makes up for it in the job system.

Final Fantasy 8: My favourite FF. Best plot of all of them that I've played, almost all of the characters are realistic and the Junction/GF system has only ever been matched by the Spheregrid.

The Punisher: Third person action with many, many explosives and guns. An intresting variation on bullet time (Slaughter mode! Bullet time with night vision and you can go slicing and dicing with dual combat knives; stab or throw them into the enemies skull: you choice!) and the beautifully sadistic interrogation system. In no other game have I been able to scare a russian mercenary into telling me where the nuke is before drilling a hole through his eye and into his brain.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:53 pm

I still play any number of the old Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts adventure games:

Secret of Monkey Island 1 and 2
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Loom
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
etc.

Then, of course, there's the classic simulators:
Civilization 2
Sim City 2000
Most other Maxis simulations

I have owned a few consoles in my time:
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Shenmue (once I finish it)
Crazy Taxi
All of the Genesis Sonic games

I'm terrible at RTS games but enjoyed Warcraft II and the Command & Conquer series.

And, of course, Katamari Damacy.

Oboe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Oboe » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:12 am

I forgot about the Monkey Island games! Those are great. :D And Katamari is so awesome.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:30 am

the_seventh_child wrote:All the Final Fantasy series, GTA--especially Vice City--, the first Zelda, Lufia 2, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Iss Pro Evolution..And some others, i can't think right now! ^_^

7th child, I think I am in love. :oops: Those are some of my most favorite games as well.

I am also sports nut so I love Tennis (the Sega one which I forget the name of) as well Madden Football and Gran Tourismo. I also loved Xenogear and Xenosaga. I still have Xenosaga 2 waiting for me to play. I just need the time to play....ugh.
Alex D.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:33 am

I'm really out of games these days. I used to be a huge PlayStation geek back before I started this site. Eva has more or less consumed my excess energy in that time. ^^;;;

Lately, I've been trying to play more games.

I've been getting back into a bunch of series, such as Tekken, Armored Core, and Final Fantasy. My current favorite is Katamari Damacy. I'm also a big Tetris whore, Alexey Pazhitnov owns my soul. I'm also a big fan of anything designed by Shigeru Miyamoto. I'm also addicted to the Super Mario Advance 2 edition of Super Mario World and Mario Brothers Classic. And I'm also a big arrow stomper, I'll take any of you bitches in Dance Dance Revolution anywhere anytime.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:46 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:And I'm also a big arrow stomper, I'll take any of you bitches in Dance Dance Revolution anywhere anytime.

I will work on finding a someone to design a DDR like game with Evangelion characters for the Otakon 2006 Eva Panel. I will also personally send MDWigs a plane ticket for the challenge. :wink:
Alex D.

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:39 pm

... Or for us mortal creatures, there is always the Anime song collections for StepMania.
Asuka > Rei

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:47 am

the_seventh_child wrote:Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat and street fighter on the Sega rocked back in the day! I used to hand TS_01 his ass on a platinum platter with those games!
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:06 am

MORTAL WOMBAT!
Fatality!
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

The Sandman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Sandman » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:36 pm

The Sandman vs. The Wombat. Who will survive?
Exit light/Enter night/Take my hand/We off to Never Neverland

Enter Sandman

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:20 am

The SEGA ofcourse! - It's a draw!

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:13 pm

Titus wrote:
the_seventh_child wrote:Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat and street fighter on the Sega rocked back in the day! I used to hand TS_01 his ass on a platinum platter with those games!

For some reason I doubt that statement of yours
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:07 am

B4 my sega, u had mortal kombat 3 and ultimate mortal kombat 3 on that stupid 8bit video game set of yours. U always brought it over to my place on fridays and I always beat ur sorry but cuz I used the same unblockable move over and over and over..... so doubt if you want to, but I enjoyed geting u in the corner and raping ur sorry butt!

Then the sega came and I had even more fun.

Then u got ur playstation and betrayed everything that was holy in the world of gaming.

We went our seperate ways, I got into computers.

And a few years later we'r having this arguement...

8) Proove me wrong!

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”