Your Favorite Eva

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:46 am

id like to see an eva crossed with the gouf custom...in fact, the gouf's torso with an evangelion waist and slenderer, longer gouf legs plus less of the skirt armor.
paint it bright red and in sleeves colors with golden trimming instead of white, and have Asuka pilot it

GoGoGengar
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GoGoGengar » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:00 pm

The MP ones are the coolest and strongest. Unstoppable, bloodthirsty killing machines. Plus they have wings ehehe

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:30 pm

1.) UNIT 08 - im indifferent to the pink, mabye like it just a little, but the design is just awesome, the head in particular with the eyes is a great visual
2.) UNIT 13 - just epic, has all the good points of eva 01, but better, and with added benefit of being multi armed like bardiel
3.) UNIT 06
4.) UNIT 03 / BARDIEL
5.) UNIT 05 - LOVE the 4 leg design

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Apart from Unit 03 those labels make no sense to me (they're all MPEs, wtf?).

As for my favorite, Kyoko of course. I give Yui points for style, but she's a bitch so fuck off. Kyoko gives a shit about her kid so she wins hands down.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:59 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Apart from Unit 03 those labels make no sense to me (they're all MPEs, wtf?).

Err...Rebuild, dude. Those EVA numbers are MPEs in NGE/EoE only.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:03 am

^
I think Baggy means that they're MPE's in the sense that they are Evas that are Massed produced.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:16 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Err...Rebuild, dude. Those EVA numbers are MPEs in NGE/EoE only.

Note the forum. If we were in the Rebuild forum that would make sense, but here? MPEs.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:20 am

Oh, right. -o-;

Really should pay attention to these things, shouldn't I?
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:48 am

^^ This forum being chat rather than analysis, is this distinction actually maintained officially? It certainly isn't adhered to in the image thread!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:52 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:^^ This forum being chat rather than analysis, is this distinction actually maintained officially? It certainly isn't adhered to in the image thread!

It's important in Discussion, of course, and helpful in Chat when talking about the characters and evas. It's not officially enforced, though. My general feeling on it is "if you wanna talk about the ENT, start a thread in the Rebuild forum. That's why it's there."

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:03 am

Or maybe just precise when you're talking about an Eva from NTE, that should be a good compromise, no?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:40 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Or maybe just precise when you're talking about an Eva from NTE, that should be a good compromise, no?

Why isn't "use the forum that exists for that exact purpose" a good compromise? I don't expect people to do that with the art thread, since that's an unreasonable burden to place upon both posters and viewers, but when it comes to discussion and chat I really don't see the benefit to mixing continuities. Keep the ENT stuff in Rebuild, and everything's cleaner and easier for everyone.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:44 am

Alternatively: we are expected to keep chatter out of the NGE Discuss forum, so by the same token I would expect to keep chatter out of the ENT/Rebuild discussion forum.

But this is really a matter for the mods to discuss and then tell us their policy on.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:49 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Why isn't "use the forum that exists for that exact purpose" a good compromise? I don't expect people to do that with the art thread, since that's an unreasonable burden to place upon both posters and viewers, but when it comes to discussion and chat I really don't see the benefit to mixing continuities. Keep the ENT stuff in Rebuild, and everything's cleaner and easier for everyone.

But making a "What's your favorite Eva" in Chit-chat and in the Rebuild sections will create redundancies, like noted above the picture thread don't make a distinction, so why would a topic about your favorite Evas discriminate?

And if my favorite Eva is Armaros (which is the case) should I create a new topic on the "Everything Else Evangelion" subforum about everyone's favorite Evas from ANIMA?

Personally I agree to keep Rebuild talks out of the "Discussion" subforum, but not for the "Chit-chat".
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:52 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Alternatively: we are expected to keep chatter out of the NGE Discuss forum, so by the same token I would expect to keep chatter out of the ENT/Rebuild discussion forum.

But this is really a matter for the mods to discuss and then tell us their policy on.

My understanding is that the Rebuild forum is for all things related to the new movies, whether they be serious discussion or idle chat. If it's meant for "serious discussion only", as the Discussion forum is for the main series, it would be appropriate for Chat to be open to all iterations of the franchise. But I don't think that's how the forum's been used or moderated in the past (we've never seen chatty threads in the Rebuild forum moved out to the Chat forum, for instance).

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Yui, without a doubt. Unit 01 breaks coolness records on a daily basis, and does so painted up like Barney the dinosaur.

However, out of all the variations we've seen of her, I'd say Anima's Super Evangelion Final Stage is the coolest, just from sheer looks alone. I look forward to the day we see her on the big screen.

Additionally, Unit 02 wins the award for most badass fight scene. EoE alone makes Kyoko a close second, even if her animation was a little janky.
Set phasers to thrill.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:30 pm

Well im gonna have to choose between Unit-01 and Unit-02 here, not to be confused with yui (since she basically completely controlled unit-01 in the series), yui/unit-01 (since manga unit-01 was its own thing), or kyoko (because unlike the series we don't see any evidence she is inside unit-02 in rebuild)

I'm going to have to go with Unit-01 solely for god mode at the end of 2.22, seriously "fuck you Zeruel im saving my pilots crush, also i may be turning into a god, bitchin."
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

FinH
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby FinH » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:56 am

Unit Zero.
I can't really think of any way of justifying this preference. Other Units have cooler designs, flashier colour schemes and more impressive combat records. I just have a soft spot for it, for some reason.

But only after it got its spiffy new blue paint job.

xPearse
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby xPearse » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:48 am

Let me guess....because Rei pilots it. Don't worry, Unit 0 is my favorite too for the same reasons. If your talking design wise then I'd have to say Unit 1 but other than saying it looks cool, no. Also how about a poll for this topic, someone could then have a quick glance to see what people think.

Reiggae
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Reiggae » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:04 pm

I like Unit 1 is the best because it looks really different from the other Units. It looks like a gladiator with all of it's sharp edges.
We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”