Eva 1.11 ending scene specualtion...

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

Eva 1.11 ending scene specualtion... (Spoilers)

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:07 pm

I was going to name this thread something like "9 coffins," but then I saw the thread with the exact same name and was like, meh, haha.

Anyway, I'm kind of like the anti-stereotypical EvaGeeks veteran, who refuses to believe any sort of connection between EoE and the RoE series. I would very much like to see the two come together... And I'll even go as far as to say that I hope the Rebuild series is a direct sequel to the original Evangelion. With that said, let's dig into my goodie bag of stuff I just noticed.

Moon Lilith! Okay I think I got some new stuff on her/him/it. The underground Lilith at NERV does not look like Lilith guys. Plain and simple. It's got a Sachiel mask, scarred chest, little nails in it, etc. So let's keep that in mind.

Moon Lilith looks a hell of a lot more like the original in EoE, we can all agree on that.

1. See how it's all baggy looking, and dried up? Hanging above it is a sort of Eva "Blood pack" like you'd see in an ER room for a human. Like maybe they are trying to bring it back to life after it essentially died in EoE.

2.See the lines all over it? The giant stitch down the center of the abdomen? Like maybe Seele is trying to reassemble the parts of Lilith they managed to scrounge up after Third Impact? Lilithstein?

3. Here's my favorite part- Look at the mask. LOOK AT THE MASK. It's being held on by several stitch-like hooks. They hooked the mask back on after it was discarded by Rei in the EoE. Just look at the mask. There is no other explanation for that one.

And now where my thread goes downhill, LMAO, with some coffins stuff. I saw the 9 coffins thread and liked what I read in there, very good stuff. Much better than the crap I'm about to add to the coffin speculation gallery.
Angels in the coffins? That sounds plausible, I like it. Would make the "new" plot much easier to follow than the old one, making Seele more apparent as the "bad guys." But here's a real wild and crazy "probably not because it sounds freaking stupid, but maybe because we know that this is Anno we're talking about here..." theory:
Maybe the coffins had the children in them? Rei, Asuka, Shinji, Mari, Kaworu. There's five of them opened. Maybe Seele recreated them to try and reinitiate similar events to what happened years and years and years ago. In the preview to Quickening 3.0 you see Rei in a purple room with a bunch of little Rei's around her. Natural, afterall we know that she is a clone. But in a different scene we see Mari in the same colored room. Only there's a closeup on her face, not a wide angle shot like Rei. Maybe she's got a bunch of little Mari's around her too? Who knows, I've heard stupider theories. Then again, this does sound pretty stupid. It's just kind of out there for the hell of it. So please, take it with a grain of salt.

That's all I got for now.
The Fate of Destruction, is Also the Joy of Rebirth

Kaji has cute melons.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:30 pm

Yes not to be an ass or anything but this thread should never have existed. Please post your thoughts on Eva 1.11, Rebuild renewal story theories, EoE connection theories in the appropriate threads here.

Your not really bringing up anything new here that deserves a seperate thread.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:39 pm

Just FYI, the Moon Giant is covered completely in a "rubber" material when we see it at the end of 1.##. (From a note on Sadamoto's actual drawing of the thing.) The dark lines are seams between the individual pieces of material.

From that perspective, it's a little difficult to say very much about the giant's nature at all, since Khara doesn't seem to want us to know just yet.

The giant in Central Dogma looks so much like Lilith from NGE that they basically traced the original drawings and only redrew things like the mask (it's a mask in BOTH cases, BTW) and added the scar (the nature of which is a complete unknown at this point).

I feel like we've had this thread before. This is another Moon Giant thread, isn't it?!? (With some stuff that should be in the coffins thread thrown in for no apparent reason.)

We all know what needs to be done.
Last edited by Reichu on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:40 pm

[URL=http://img52.imageshack.us/i/thisthreadagain.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”