Need Help Identifying An Evangelion Figure

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Yggdrasil
Embryo

Need Help Identifying An Evangelion Figure

•      
  •      

Postby Yggdrasil » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:20 pm

OK, I bought this item the other day on eBay. It is a 15" cold cast of Asuka, in a plug suit. It is from the knees up and is exquisitely done. However, I cannot find it listed anywhere...and I have the feeling that it is the real deal. Heck, even if it is a rip off, it is awfully well-done.

On the front base, her name is written in Japanese. The base on the reverse side says "c GAINAX/Project EVA." Above that, it has a logo that says "Remix." The guy who sold it to me is absolutely clueless about it. He also sold me a 12" Rei, from Kotobukiya.

Here is the listing for it. I paid $59.99 + shipping...and I will hardly be bummed if it turns out to be fake...but, somehow I think this is a promo piece. It came from a collector's auction. The Italian label is merely a warning that it was not for kids under 14.

Anyway, this is it...please enlarge the pictures for a good look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120532478706&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Any and all information would be very helpful. Domo arigato gozaimashita.

nyugvo6
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby nyugvo6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:12 pm

as far as i know all official eva merchandise has a hologram on it
one two, one two...

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:21 pm

I guess it's possible it's a garage kit. The interface headsets look white when they should be red.

Yggdrasil
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Yggdrasil » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:40 pm

Ornette: I hear you about the garage kit, but it is Cold Cast...and, it has a GAINAX copyright bug...and, as we all know, Anno-san defends that copyright fiercely.

Good call on the headset color though.

I guess it is that REMIX stamp on the back base. This thing is very professionally done if it is a kit or knock-off.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:41 pm

It is a garage kit. Wonderfest Spring 1997 (as should be inscribed on the base), sculpted by Free-X (Yukiwo Ageta), and there's a Rei that makes a set too.

Pic from the Eva Figure Archive book (too lazy to scan)

[URL=http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/4987/img9185a.jpg]Image[/URL]

It seems what you got is already painted either for the original owner or by him. As far as Gainax stickers of approval, those do come even on original resin kits, but since you're getting an already painted one you probably won't get the bag/box the kit came in.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Yggdrasil
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Yggdrasil » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:46 pm

TMBounty_Hunter: Thanks. The link is dead though (404 error). I would sure like to see that link...if you could.

BTW, any idea what this sort of thing is worth? I am not even thinking of selling it, but I would like to know if I got a decent deal.

I really like it...just want to get some ideas and particulars on it. So, are you saying that it IS a GAINAX product?

Again, thanks for the info.

EDIT:
...oops, the link is now live. Yup, that's it.

EDIT 2:
BTW, mine doesn't have that "97 WF" writing on top of the base by her left leg.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:24 pm

What it's worth?

An original kit, untouched, with original packaging would probably be worth quite a bit to the right people.

But an already painted version with no guarantee of whether it's original or recast? That's entirely up to the buyer.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”