Key of Nebuchadnezzer Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Key of Nebuchadnezzer Speculation

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:11 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Can you site the source of the supplemental material?

Bro, I was talking about Evangelion in general, they always make supplemental material. Not everything happens on screen.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:57 pm

Fan theories especially.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:39 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:That's weird, since Shinji has been controlled since movie 1, and Gendo didn't get the syringe until movie 2. Also, we never see the syringe used on Shinji, despite the fact that the movie spends almost it's entire time focusing on the important events of Shinji's life in that movie.

I would like to also remind everyone, that as of 3.33, Gendo still has it. I think it's the scene where he is looking at the giant Rei head that's in the middle command center. There is a shot of him holding the case that the key is in. So whatever it's meant for, it was not to be used until after the events of that film.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:05 am

My current hypothesis is that the Key of Nebby is the final Adam. If we assume the other Adams are accounted for in the form of Mark 06, Unit-13, and Unit 01, that leaves one to be introduced in the final film.

We do know that the Key of Nebby is significant specifically for Gendo's plan, but not necessary for Seele's plan. We know this because they proceeded with their plans in 3.0 without it. The question is why. It could be because their needs were already met in the form Mark 06 during 2.0 (the "true" Evangelion), and later in the form of Unit 13 during 3.0. Both of which are Adams, so they had no use for an additional Adam in their plans. Gendo meanwhile was keeping both Unit 01 and the Key of Nebby under his sleeve. He showed his hand with Unit 01 at the end of 2.0, but kept the Key of Nebby a secret for over fourteen years.

Alright, here's where I start fanwanking. At this point, Unit 13 has absorbed Mark 06. Two of the four Adams have been consolidated into one. That leaves Unit 01 and the unknown 4th Adam. If the Key of Nebby is indeed the final Adam, which is in Gendo's possession, and if he then reacquires Unit 13 (like the concept art suggests he does), he'll have three Adams, and will no doubt set his sights on Unit 01 afterward. Gendo could be seeking to combine the Adams into one, reforming Albion/Adam Kadmon. If this is true, that would mean Gendo's plan is actually greatly divergent from Seele's. But again, this is just fanwanking.
"Chaos is merely a human construct. The world only knows its own natural law of harmony and order."
"So you are saying it's the human heart that throws the world into confusion."

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:14 am

Makes more sense than the other theories I've had.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Settie
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Settie » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:00 pm

My personal fanwank regarding nebbz key is that it was what Seele used to shed their mortal bodies and is also the key ( :w00t: punny) to HIP in the NTE. It's what would allow humans to transcend and evolve beyond their humany selves. It's also why the FoI's were FoI in the first place, without the key they had no soul and therefore headless, I mean when Seele is being shut down there's a brief shot of what looks like an MRI scanned brain on the stone monoliths.

Heaven Piercing Man
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:11 am

Nebby, get in the briefcase.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”