EvaGeeks.org Forum - an Evangelion Fan Community
Anno has no bloody idea. Fanwank something.

Hideaki Anno WANTED To Direct a Nausicaa 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    EvaGeeks.org Forum - an Evangelion Fan Community Forum Index -> Everything Else Evangelion -> Related Works & People
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evangelion
Evangelion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject:
Hideaki Anno WANTED To Direct a Nausicaa 2

This is a fascinating interview! And even though I cannot speak Japanese this is basically some of the key points summed up:

According to Suzuki, because Anno hoped to make Nausicaa 2, Suzuki often suggested to Miyazaki that they make Nausicaa as a three part film, with Anno directing part 2 and Miyazaki directing part 3. But Miyazaki rejected this idea. Anno says he wants to make a film of Vol. 7 of the Nausicaa manga [note: this is the final volume of the manga, completed several years after the Nausicaa movie itself which covers approximately only volumes 1 and 2].

According to Anno, there was a cool fight scene of an Ohmu and the God Warrior in a cut scene of the story boards. Anno says, "I wanted to watch it. But if those story boards were used, I could not draw it."

Anno still has regrets about the scene of the revival of the God Warrior. He wanted to use seven pieces of animation cels between key flame animations. But Miyazaki did not allow it because there was no time. So, five pieces animation cel were used. And Miyazaki did not allow the use of three colors for a shade. He did not allow two colors either at first, but accepted it. Anno says "There was a memo "If you use three colors, I will kill you" from Miya-san."

Suzuki says, "Your salary (of God Warrior scene) was low, wasn't it?" Anno answers "No, No. I got much. I was surprised because salary then was low. The salary of TV series Macross, I did it as a part-time job when I was a student; it was 1,800 yen per one cut."

Anno says, "I kept to my house after the TV series of Eva. I lost the point of living. That time, Miya-san called me and say "Anyway, take a rest."

:

Thanks to GhibliWiki and if you want to hear the interview here it is:

http://podcasts.tfm.co.jp/podcasts/tokyo/rg/suzuki_vol119.mp3
http://podcasts.tfm.co.jp/podcasts/tokyo/rg/suzuki_vol120.mp3
Lilin
Lilin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject:

LOL. For a moment there i was under the impression that Studio Ghibli staff wanted to contact Anno about making a Nausicaa sequel in the near future. Oh...but this was what Anno had "wanted" to do back when he was an underling.....

Interesting read anyways. LOL. Wonder why Miyazaki was so unsold about using more than 2 colours for the God solider? Was it just because of the lack of time? Production costs? Or something else?
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject:
Re: Hideaki Anno WANTED To Direct a Nausicaa 2

Anno wrote:
I kept to my house after the TV series of Eva. I lost the point of living.
It is now apparent why it's taking so long to finish Rebuild.
Lilin
Lilin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject:
Re: Hideaki Anno WANTED To Direct a Nausicaa 2

Great find, thanks for sharing!

I wonder whether Anno still has a desire to tackle a Nausicaa-like project: maybe the next entry in Khara's ouvre, after Rebuild is done, will be a fantasy-esque epic (i doubt Miyazaki will let his protege touch the original Nauiscaa story) ?

Electric Sachiel wrote:
Wonder why Miyazaki was so unsold about using more than 2 colours for the God solider?

Something tells me that was a stylistic choice. Miyazaki probably thought three is just too much color.

Gendo'sPapa wrote:
The salary of TV series Macross, I did it as a part-time job when I was a student; it was 1,800 yen per one cut."

Wow. That's incredibly lousy, even for a part-time job.
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject:

So would this be the same interview/conversation that's included on the upcoming Nausicaa BD?

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20100412_360753.html

from bablefish:
Quote:
さらに、2009年12月に収録されたジブリの鈴木敏夫プロデューサーと庵野秀明氏の対話「ナウシカとエヴァンゲリオン!巨神兵の行方は?」も収めている。

In addition, Hideaki Anno's dialogue with producer Toshio Suzuki of Studio Ghibli was recorded in December 2009 "Nausicaa and Evangelion! Space Runaway soldier is missing?" Are also stored.
Lilin
Lilin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject:

That would be amazing. BRING ON NAUSICAA 2!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MyAnimeList Profile
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject:

This reminds me of something -- at Otakon 2009, ex-Suzumiya Haruhi director Yamamoto Yutaka said that he was competing with Hideaki Anno to direct a remake of Nausicaa based on the original manga!

(This was the same panel where he infamously apologized for Endless Eight, which he was not involved with.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter MyAnimeList Profile
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Anno is the only person besides Miyazaki who could do justice to Nausicaa. She's a perfect character, an example of a strong woman whose strength doesn't come from incorporating masculine tendencies, but instead she's a pacifist heroine who uses empathy and intelligence, and because she is able to transcend the violence and hatred of both sides she eventually manages to win. She's a fantastic complex character and probably the single most well imagined and presented character in anime.
Bardiel
Bardiel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject:

View Original Post SenorSquiid wrote:
Anno is the only person besides Miyazaki who could do justice to Nausicaa. She's a perfect character, an example of a strong woman whose strength doesn't come from incorporating masculine tendencies, but instead she's a pacifist heroine who uses empathy and intelligence, and because she is able to transcend the violence and hatred of both sides she eventually manages to win. She's a fantastic complex character and probably the single most well imagined and presented character in anime.

Indeed.
One of his strongest by far.
View user's profile Send private message Twitter MyAnimeList Profile Youtube Channel
Ireul
Ireul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter MyAnimeList Profile Youtube Channel
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject:

huh, so apparently Anno has left Khara building during last year to the outside world.

Now that's a surprise
Lilin
Lilin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject:

View Original Post Xard wrote:
huh, so apparently Anno has left Khara building during last year to the outside world.

Now that's a surprise

Can somebody confirm that statement? News to me. Never heard other sources say that before.... And here we are during the heat of productiion for Eva 3.0 and Anno just leaves? Can't be....
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject:

View Original Post Electric Sachiel wrote:
Can somebody confirm that statement? News to me. Never heard other sources say that before.... And here we are during the heat of productiion for Eva 3.0 and Anno just leaves? Can't be....

Hectic? For all we know Anno might be bathing in sun on Okinawa or something like that. There has been no news about 3.0 at all during these years.
Lilin
Lilin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject:

View Original Post Xard wrote:
Hectic? For all we know Anno might be bathing in sun on Okinawa or something like that. There has been no news about 3.0 at all during these years.

B-But....didnt we get those job ads posted on the Khara website for animators to join the studio about 9 months ago? Surely that meant something. And honestly, on what basis are you assuming that Anno has left Khara to do other work elsewhere?
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject:

View Original Post Electric Sachiel wrote:
B-But....didnt we get those job ads posted on the Khara website for animators to join the studio about 9 months ago? Surely that meant something. And honestly, on what basis are you assuming that Anno has left Khara to do other work elsewhere?

False alarm IIRC

and I was just joking around with the whole Okinawa thing. My first post was joke based on assumption that Anno has been so wrapped up in whole Rebuild deal he hasn't seen sunlight in years due to never leaving dark corners of Khara building.
Seed
Seed

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject:

Lilin
Lilin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Any sense of what it's about?

EDIT:
Crunchyroll wrote:
Now, a new project is combining their shared Nausicaä history, passion for tokusatsu (special effects) media, and concern with nuclear energy.

Uh... hmmmmmmmmm...

Last edited by gatotsu911 on Fri May 11, 2012 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Twitter MyAnimeList Profile Youtube Channel
Seed
Seed

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject:

"God Warrior Attacks Tokyo"
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Anno isn't even directing it himself, he's just being his normal toku loving otaku bastard self who doesn't even have the focus needed to finish 3.0 without constant diversions Hah hah ... hah...
Seed
Seed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject:

Post new topic    Reply to topic    EvaGeeks.org Forum - an Evangelion Fan Community Forum Index -> Everything Else Evangelion -> Related Works & People All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: