Persona 3 Portable

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

[Video Games] Persona 3 Portable

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:00 pm

qj.net wrote:Image

Atlus USA has confirmed that they will be bringing Persona 3 Portable to North America. When? This July. On July 16, specifically, so you Persona fans better mark your calendars.

Even if you've already played through the PS2 original countless times before, Persona 3 Portable still brings a lot of new features to the table. There's a new player-controlled female protagonist and hours of extra content crammed on top of the original's already long play time.

Here's a closer look at the game's features. This is straight off the press release so forgive the PR-speak:

* Maximum Persona 3 - The RPG that captured critics and fans alike achieves a new level of excellence. Built upon an enhanced version of the game, players will find numerous significant improvements, including the addition of Skill Cards, part-time jobs, a total of five difficulty settings (ranging from the newcomer-friendly "beginner" to the ultra-hardcore "maniac"), and most importantly, the ability to directly control your teammates in battle.
* Gain a whole new perspective - The choice of your protagonist's sex at the start of the game has a dramatic impact on the game's intricate social dynamics. Persona 3 veterans will get a kick out of playing through the story from a new female perspective, gaining new Social Links, special events, and unique romantic opportunities.
* Slick system enhancements - Improved playability permeates every aspect of the gameplay experience. One-button menu shortcuts, streamlined team equipment changes, incredibly short load times, and other tweaks and enhancements create an ideal pace for portable gaming.

Opening Cinematic

I thought I had learned my lesson. I bought Persona 3 not so long after it came out, and loved it. Then Atlus released Persona 3 FES, which added new personas to play as and a whole new chapter of gameplay that tied up all the lose ends. Feeling a little put off, I bought that to. Then with the release of Persona 4, Atlus declared that there would be no more expansions to that release, leading me to think that there would be no more purchasing of the same game. Apparently they only meant that for Persona 4, since they turned right around and released Persona 3 once more for the PSP, with even more excellent features.

Fuck you Atlus. Fuck you for knowing that I would die for the chance to play through again as a hot chick, creating all new lesbian-centric social links. Fuck you for updating the battle system to mimic the amazing one used in the sequel to this game. Fuck you for decreasing loading times, adding shortcuts to various menu commands, and increasing an overall impressive package while sticking it on a much more portable device.

I've had enough of your games, Atlus. Day this comes out, I'm pirating this mother like Jack Sparrow.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:34 pm

Persona 3 FES is an amazing game. This should be awesome, as well.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:13 am

Don't blame atlus for making some of the best rpgs this past decade.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Mongoosedog
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mongoosedog » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:48 am

Finally, it took them so long to announce a US release i didn't think it was going to happen. I recently bought FES because i didnt think i'd be able to play an english version of P3P. however i don't regret buying it, its a great game and even though i played Persona 4 first is doesn't feel like an inferior game. i was surprised at all the features that were different from 4
I have no signature!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:44 pm

FES is fantastic! Go Aigis!!

I already spent 225+ hours on Persona 3, so I don’t really feel like playing it again. Even with all the new stuff they added in.

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Heromaster111 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Won't be getting this. After P4 I can't play P3 anymore

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Would you care to explain why?

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Heromaster111 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:57 pm

pretty much all the things that bothered me in P3 was fixed in P4, battle system, the pacing, S.Links etc. I liked the characters, story, and style more in P4 as well. P3 is just unplayable to me now.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:11 pm

I see your point. The battle system and pacing are better in P4, but I found P3’s story to be better. Plus there’s no character I liked as much as Aigis in P4.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:15 pm

The battle system from Persona 4 was moved into Persona 3, among other things.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:17 am

Damn it, Atlus is the best dealer in town. P5 BETTER come out soon!
I won.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:59 am

Didn't Ishida and Ogata both work in P3?
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:39 pm

So, now that I have a PSP I'm thinking of checking this and P4 out since people seem to love them so much and I've never played an Atlus game I didn't enjoy. My question is, do I need to play the earlier Persona games for the plot to make sense or is it more of a stand alone game?
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:20 pm

I played Persona after Persona 3 and didn't feel any "oh man, THAT'S what they were talking about!" moments. They're pretty much stand alone stories with similar principles and themes. Kinda like the first set of Final Fantasies were.

Consul_Elect
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Consul_Elect » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Definitely getting this a some stage. I need new games on PSP. It's feeling neglected.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”