[LAEM] E for Evangelion: Is Gainax really involved?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Iblis 19th Angel
Adam

E for Evangelion: Is Gainax really involved?

Postby Iblis 19th Angel » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:57 pm

Fans of Alan-Greatest comicbook writer ever-Moore will know what I'm talking about.

Recently, the producers of the movie version of V for Vendetta have gotten in some hot water over making blatantly false statements about Moore's approval & involvement in the project, when in reality he despised it as much as all the other film adaptations of his comics.

What I'm wondering is, could they be pulling the same thing with Eva? Are Anno & Gainax really having any involvement, or at least approve of it, or is it just another lie to make the fans let their guard down?
2:34 And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith.

Giant robots with angels trapped inside of them,
Teenaged pilots & an evil organization,
Doing battle with giant monsters from beyond,
Mankind's last hope lies in the Evangelions

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:34 pm

I'm not really sure that there have been many statements made one way or the other as regards GAINAX's involvement in a year or two anyway. Maybe there will be a comment this weekend at Otakon.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:43 pm

This thing went from an idea to a project back to a slightly more feasible idea. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

If there were any disapproval, it would probably have come out at some point through the (apparent) many editorials and interviews that have been tied to the Evangelion Revival in the last couple of years. Thus far there have been no reports from Japanese sources revealing any inconsistencies between what we hear and what they hear, and their sources have been lucky enough to actually be at the source.

The lies, if any, won't start un(til)(less) this actually hits Holy Wood.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”