[Sports] Who's your team?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Re: [Sports] Who's your team?

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:23 pm

DarkBluePhoenix wrote:^ Thankfully, they at least coated the lamp posts with hydraulic fluid this time around.

I don't think it worked anyway... I think my favorite moment of the celebration was that dude jumping off the awning of that hotel.

Bears v. Jags in Super Bowl 53. Ya heard it here first.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Human sports just arn't my thing, since i don't understand them
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

Quadhonk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Quadhonk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 pm

<--- Check it. Duval till I die. Next year is our year.

DUUUuuuuVVVAALLLL
It's difficult in times like these; ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality.
It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical.
Yet I cling to them because I believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.
- Anne Frank (21 July 1944)

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:36 pm

I remember being somewhat into the Chicago Bulls back in my childhood years purely because of Michael Jordan fever and of course the Space Jam movie. :tongue: But other than Jordan, I couldn't be able to remember any other member of the team at that time nor present days to save my life.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:40 am

^ Kukoc, Longley, Pippen, Rodman? And thats that I'm not even a bulls fan. :tongue:

With that being said I prefer college basketball to pro nowadays and starting to lean that way towards football as well..
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun May 13, 2018 6:03 pm

View Original Post::KL7:: wrote:^ Kukoc, Longley, Pippen, Rodman? And thats that I'm not even a bulls fan. :tongue:

With that being said I prefer college basketball to pro nowadays and starting to lean that way towards football as well..

Now that you mention it, I remember the ones I put in bold as well. Rodman more for his short lived movie career as well as questionable friendship with North Korea...
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Joy Evangelion wrote:
Jags over the Steelers- Bortles will have the game of his life, then lose next week and fall off in 2018.

This made me lol.... I guess I know more about sports than I thought.

Anyway, the divisional playoffs are usually my favorite sports weekend of the year, but this time I'm still a little bummed about the Bears blowing it last week. Oh well, I'm use to them sucking.

My picks for the four games; Colts, Rams, Chargers and Eagles. The Chargers will be my team going forward, but if they lose I'll probably latch onto the Patriots.

I could see myself going 0/4, hahaha. I just really would hate to see the Cowboys win because I can't stand that Jerry Jones.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.

Ireul
Ireul

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:07 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:This made me lol.... I guess I know more about sports than I thought.

Anyway, the divisional playoffs are usually my favorite sports weekend of the year, but this time I'm still a little bummed about the Bears blowing it last week. Oh well, I'm use to them sucking.

My picks for the four games; Colts, Rams, Chargers and Eagles. The Chargers will be my team going forward, but if they lose I'll probably latch onto the Patriots.

I could see myself going 0/4, hahaha. I just really would hate to see the Cowboys win because I can't stand that Jerry Jones.

Wow! Nice call on the whole Bortles thing. :) The prophecy came true.

..but as a cowboys fan I have to disagree with your picks. I have the cowboys beating the Rams in a tough close close game, chiefs beating the colts despite how good the colts have been playing ( this one already happened but it was my pick regardless), the chargers beating the Patriots, just because I hope Rivers wins one before he retires but hey Marino never won one and he's still HoF, and the last one, I called eagles beating the bears last week but I think saints will catch fire and show how bad the eagles really were all season. Sorry foles... Wow let's see how true this turns out. I'll be back to predict next weeks playoff games.
..also I'm a cowboys fan and I can't stand Jones either. :P

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 pm

^ Well... Your predictions had a better season than the Giants .455 with you going 2 for 4.

Patriots and Chiefs move on to face each other in Kansas City. Should be an interesting game considering its the Patriots as the underdogs, which doesn't happen very often. I'm a Patriots fan, but I don't think I can confidently say who could win this. Though I'm hoping the Pats go on.

And the Saints and Rams meet up in New Orleans, I'm leaning towards the Rams, not sure why, but it would interesting to see a Pats/Rams Super Bowl with the Pats winning in overtime.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:06 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:^ Well... Your predictions had a better season than the Giants .455 with you going 2 for 4.

At least..:)

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote: And the Saints and Rams meet up in New Orleans, I'm leaning towards the Rams, not sure why, but it would interesting to see a Pats/Rams Super Bowl with the Pats winning in overtime.
I feel like we've seen something similar in the past but I believe it was a last second FG win the Patriots had against the Rams..Even though the Rams beat the Cowboys I think I'd like to to see a rematch of the Rams and Chiefs game we saw earlier in the year. A game with the potential to put up another 100 points makes for a good super bowl, but then again a Patriots and Saints super bowl has that same potential by virtue of Brady and Brees.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:22 pm

::KL7:: wrote:...but then again a Patriots and Saints super bowl has that same potential by virtue of Brady and Brees.

That was my thinking, two of the best QBs going head to head would make for a good game, especially considering they're both 1st round HOF potential. though a Pats Rams game would be a nice repeat of SB XXXVI.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:11 pm

It's pretty cool that no matter who wins tomorrow the Super Bowl should be pretty fun to watch. I'm predicting a Pats v. Saints match up, but I wouldn't mind a Rams v. Chiefs game either. I like TB12, but I don't need to see them in every damn Super Bowl, and I like Mahomes since he seems to play with so much joy. I'm sort of indifferent w/ regards to Brees and Goff. My strongest opinion about either team would be that I really hate the Rams uniforms.

I'm mostly just hoping neither game tomorrow is a blow out. :D

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:02 pm

^ Well I hope the games won't be a blowout.

Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:43 pm

^^^ Same here. The more I think about as evenly as the games seem to be and with, in my opinion the 4 best teams left either game could be a blowout and any team has the potential to blowout the other..I might not be going for them but Patriots and Saints have the experience on their side, should be interesting.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:18 pm

DarkBluePhoenix wrote:...though a Pats Rams game would be a nice repeat of SB XXXVI.

Welp, we're getting a repeat of Super Bowl XXXVI with the Pats vs the Rams. Both teams won spectacularly in overtime, the first time in NFL history for the conference championships. So this upcoming Super Bowl should be very interesting indeed.

Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:42 am

Should be an interesting game. I have a feeling Patriots are going to take it this year. And this will be the end of the Brady and Belichik era..on that note, I wouldn't mind if the Rams were to win, though the Patriots winning would silence all the Steelers fans who keep reminding everyone they're the only ones with 6 Super Bowls.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:04 pm

^ Well, after an exciting first half the Patriots are ahead of the Rams 3-0, so its still anyone's game.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:11 pm

So after a very interesting (and low scoring) game, the Patriots won their sixth Super Bowl 13-3. Brady didn't throw and touchdowns, and I'm hoping Edelman gets named MVP, because he really played well tonight.

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:20 am

I think the real reason they haven’t played it is because the stage is an M for Maroon when it should be set to W for Wumbo!

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”