[Sports] Who's your team?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:51 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Last time I watched a match from start to finish was the 1966 World Cup final...

As an English you missed nothing since then.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

Hockey and Soccer are the only good sports in my books, my hockey team is the Winnipeg Jets who stink, and the Ottawa Sens since thats where I live now. I cheer for Ireland and Iceland in soccer since thats my ethnic background, and i cheer for Japan as well since I'm a weaboo..... so I have little success in the sports world. :facepalm:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Anyone else watching the NFL picks? We're having a birthday/draft party here. Texans 1st choice was no surprise.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Thu May 08, 2014 8:56 pm

Poor Manzlel, he would have been a god on the Texans.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:58 pm

Johnny saved from embarrassment by the Browns. Now to see if he can stay out of trouble and actually perform in the big leagues.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Fri May 09, 2014 1:34 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:Poor Manzlel, he would have been a god on the Texans.

I'm extremely thankful they passed on him. He's already overexposed here in Texas, he'd be everywhere if either Houston or Dallas took him. It doesn't help that he's an Aggie.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

MJL
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MJL » Fri May 09, 2014 5:23 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Johnny saved from embarrassment by the Browns. Now to see if he can stay out of trouble and actually perform in the big leagues.

Facing three top 10 defenses twice every season will scar him for life.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Fri May 09, 2014 10:35 pm

View Original PostMJL wrote:Facing three top 10 defenses twice every season will scar him for life.

I think he'll survive; he did beat the reigning undefeated national champions at their stadium when he was a freshman. :kawaii: And all the other power houses he had to deal with in the SEC.

I'm not crazy about the guy, but the flak he got for being a typical college student was kinda bogus, as my friends and I were all pretty big idiots ourselves when we were that age. I don't really like Cleveland either(see: the Indians) but they're not in the Bear's conference so I wouldn't mind seeing him get them over .500.

-------------
Also, the current MLB season is one of the better ones I can remember over the last decade or so. No one team is really running away with any division yet and teams that no one expected to do much before the season(Miami, Milwaukee, Colorado) are making a run for it. It should be a fun season to watch.

Poor Yu Darvish though. :sniffle:
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Sat May 10, 2014 12:18 am

View Original PostTrajan wrote:I'm extremely thankful they passed on him. He's already overexposed here in Texas, he'd be everywhere if either Houston or Dallas took him. It doesn't help that he's an Aggie.
It's just sad he has to play in Cleveland.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

MJL
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MJL » Sat May 10, 2014 6:52 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:I don't really like Cleveland either(see: the Indians) but they're not in the Bear's conference so I wouldn't mind seeing him get them over .500.
As a Ravens fan I'm hoping that he turns out to be a complete bust :wink: (though I would root against him anyway because of his obnoxious character).

Who knows, maybe Ray Farmer and Johnny Manziel are the guys who can get the Browns over their 20+ year run of being awful, but I wouldn't be surprised if they sucked for the next 3-4 years and fired their entire staff and started over once again.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sat May 10, 2014 7:23 pm

I follow the Blues, but they keep losing, so I follow them less now.

Super 15 Rugby, for anyone wondering.
Leave Shinji alone

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat May 10, 2014 7:27 pm

I really wanted Bridgewater, but it seems like the Texans had a very specific idea in mind for what and who they wanted, so no big.

Nice to see that Michael Sam was drafted (Congrats! :jiggy:), though if he had not been, I'm sure somebody somewhere would completely misunderstood why (I'm pretty sure the majority of the NFL doesn't care that he's gay, they just want to make sure they have a possibly elite player).

Oh yeah, Mr. Irrelevant at the end was hilarious. I don't remember what I thought about watching my first NFL Draft last year, but this year it was really entertaining. :nod:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Sat May 10, 2014 7:32 pm

I imagine teams were wary of the media spotlight they would be under if they had drafted him. Which isn't his fault, of course. Glad he got picked, thought he might go undrafted.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun May 11, 2014 12:12 am

Eh, 2013 was my school's worst football season since 2001 (when I went there they had a losing record) so the draft class this year was only 2 guys. The draft gets so much hype but once the regular season starts you start to see how the first rounders in particular do if they get playing time and whether or not their high selection was justified, i.e. will they be a draft bust. I do consider the NFL to be the toughest of the major American sports leagues to succeed in due to the short # of games played (16 regular season), thus a much more focused microscope on each week's game vs. the other leagues, and high probability for injury, making the game so much more high risk.
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:33 pm

Bump...Sports!

As the NFL playoffs are one of my favorite sport events of the year, I'm very glad to see them underway. Since the Chicago Bears embarrassed me, my family, and my city I hope some other Evageeks are fans of teams that are still alive.

It would appear that at the moment that the Cardinals are dead in the water, so I guess I wouldn't mind seeing the Panthers reach the SB, though that's not very likely. If they can't win the NFC I suppose I'd want it to be the Cowboys, but mostly I only see them as a lesser evil.

Regarding the AFC, I'd really love to see Brady and Belichick win a fourth SB, or Andrew Luck and the Colts put up 500 yds/game and win it all. But just as long as we don't get a Seahawks/Broncos SB I'll be incredibly happy.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:11 pm

That Carolina game was nothing more than seeing who gets to lose to Seattle or Green Bay lol.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:39 am

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:Bump...Sports!

As the NFL playoffs are one of my favorite sport events of the year, I'm very glad to see them underway. Since the Chicago Bears embarrassed me, my family, and my city I hope some other Evageeks are fans of teams that are still alive.

It would appear that at the moment that the Cardinals are dead in the water, so I guess I wouldn't mind seeing the Panthers reach the SB, though that's not very likely. If they can't win the NFC I suppose I'd want it to be the Cowboys, but mostly I only see them as a lesser evil.

Regarding the AFC, I'd really love to see Brady and Belichick win a fourth SB, or Andrew Luck and the Colts put up 500 yds/game and win it all. But just as long as we don't get a Seahawks/Broncos SB I'll be incredibly happy.
I wouldn't mind a repeat Super Bowl if the Broncos were to win it this time. But since my team(Cowboys) are still in it I'll be cheering them on til the end. Which is probably this weekend :P. 8-0 on the road VS 8-0 at home. Should be an interesting game against Green Bay this weekend.
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Alumni from my school who I follow are on the Seahawks, Packers, Patriots, Ravens, and Broncos (Lynch, Rodgers, Brady, Forsett, Anderson). Out of those I follow the first 3 more so this'll be an interesting weekend.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:29 pm

Divisional playoffs weekend is probably my two favorite sports days of the year, since I feel the teams play less conservatively in this round than the next, and a brand of football that is much more enjoyable to watch than the event that is the Super Bowl. My picks;
Patriots
Panthers
Cowboys
Colts
^_^

MJL
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MJL » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:51 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:My picks;
Patriots
Panthers
Cowboys
Colts
^_^
My picks are the exact opposite.

The Ravens are more than capable of another upset win over the Patriots, the Seahawks' defense is so suffocating that a 7-8-1 team with a mediocre offense shouldn't have any say in this matchup, the Cowboys have been a surprise team this season but that Packers offense is just too good for me to pick against them, and the Broncos are simply too talented and experienced on both sides of the ball for a young team like the Colts to beat them. I wouldn't be shocked if the Colts get an upset win, though. They have a shot if Andrew Luck lights up the place and Peyton is playoff Peyton and falls apart.
"Zip zop wop boopity bop." - Bill Cosby

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”