[Sports] Who's your team?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:09 pm

ZapX wrote:Looks like Jimbo and I have problems.
:grin:

Hal wrote:I have a lot of respect for Brett Favre as a fantastic athlete and QB, but I grew to really hate him as he dragged on and on with "the Michael Jordan retirement plan" as I like to call it
Honestly that hasn't bothered me in the least. The man's love for the game just exudes passion every time you hear him talk about retirement and I can understand how upsetting it must be to be forced to give up your life's work and love at such a relatively young age.

Hal wrote:regarding AP (Adrian Peterson), when he's great, almost no one can touch him, but his big flaw is he's brittle, he reminds of Billy Sims in this regard, and I am concerned he won't last past the average "shelf life" of a player in the NFL of five years
It seems so common that running backs come in and seem unstoppable and then something happens that shakes them and they're never the same. Look at Marrion Barber since his injury; he hasn't been the same or even LT. And usually I think the problem is more psychological than physical even though RBs take a beating more than any other position. I think AP is still the best back in the league right now but I think he needs to recapture that confidence he had with OU and in his first year in the league.

Hal wrote:thank GOD the Cowboys finally won in the postseason after the 14-year drought I hope the Cowboys make it to Miami in February, and again but in the their own stadium in 2011. I also hope the Sooners work out their issues so they can get back to the BCS Championship and win it all next January
QFT.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:09 pm

VoidEater: The Niners are definitely on the upswing. Might be a good time to start checking them out again.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

gerry_dgk
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby gerry_dgk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:48 pm

In NCAA West Virgina cause they are just amazing, thou they didn't win this last bowl game and the season was good but not the best. And for NFL Eagles! Yeah I said it but I was a huge fan od Deshaun Jackson from his days in CAL and when he made it to the Eagles I knew he'd do big things for my team.
Is that what you call a get away? Tell me what you got away with, cause I've sen more spine in Jelly fish. I've Seen More Guts on 11 year old kids. Have Another drink and drive yourself home. I Hope there's Ice out on the road and you can think of me when you forget your seat belt again when head goes through the windshield.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/gerry_dgk
My Eva Collection
http://s904.photobucket.com/albums/ac247/gerry_dgk/?action=view&current=100_0738.jpg

AVman9
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby AVman9 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:31 pm

In the words of Crow and Tom Servo:

PACKERS!!!
Take a wild guess at what the AV means....
Adult Video? -The Eva Monkey

You raise the blade...
You make the change...
You rearrange me 'till I'm sane...

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Vikings! :w00:

...that is all.

actually, I kinda wish the smiley said 'woot' instead...
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:54 pm

the Cowboys live or die on the competency of Jason Garrett and the quality of the offensive line

both were absent in respective competency and quality today, and so it's next year for Dallas :spout:
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:25 am

Didn't see this thread until now.

Steelers

Penguins

Wasn't really much into sports when I first moved here for college in 92, but there's something about this area that makes you like their teams.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:12 pm

This discussion here made me want to talk sports. FWIW, I was never into sports before moving down to Texas. I definitely agree with "there's something about this area that makes you like their teams", lots of the folks I've met in Houston seem to take a passing interest in sports if not being full-out sports fans.

Both Astros and Texans need to get back into the swing of things, but basketball is my favorite sport so I just LOVE the Rockets. Harden is great.

Since Texans officially got Bill O' Brien today, I hope that and the first draft pick will be a good start to getting good again. Astros are still rebuilding from the ground up, so hopefully in a few years from now, Siri won't be rooting for them anymore. :tongue:

If pro wrestling is considered a sport, then I also really enjoy CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Bryan especially is amazing to watch, so it's frustrating that Corporate hasn't properly made him the WWE Champion. (Speaking of wrestling... :lol:) Sumo's interesting too, but I don't know much about it.

I like also soccer, tennis, and golf (last one's because of my dad) but never really watch them.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:33 pm

All my teams:

American football
NFL: There are a few teams that alumni of schools I went to are on so I follow those: Patriots, Eagles, Packers. Those guys leave and my attitude likely changes. The 49ers are my local team.

NCAA: California Golden Bears. FUBAR season (AKA the revenge of Jeff Tedford who went 3-9 in 2012) this year with only 1 win and none against an FBS opponent with new coach Sonny Dykes. :facepalm:

Baseball: San Francisco Giants. Trying to represent lolz: Image

The original football:
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes by default since I could care less about any other club in the league.

National: USA and Germany
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:54 pm

AR-99: Do you follow the San Jose Sharks at all, or are they good? I remember my stepbrother liking them.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:57 pm

Actually, basketball and hockey are the two major pro leagues I don't follow at all.

Sharks have been decent recently but had trouble getting past the early stages of the playoffs.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:03 am

Na'vi... But only their DOTA 2 squad, their other squads suck.

Nah but really, there any other esport fans here? SC2, LoL, DOTA 2, Counter Strike, Quake, Fightan Gaems?
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:36 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Nah but really, there any other esport fans here? SC2, LoL, DOTA 2, Counter Strike, Quake, Fightan Gaems?

I used to watch a lot of SC2 professional matches, haven't watched any in a while though.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:59 am

Celtics, Patriots, Bruins and Red Sox. Ranked in order of interest.

I can't decide if I want to marry Brad Stevens or Tom Brady.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:52 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Actually, basketball and hockey are the two major pro leagues I don't follow at all.

Yea, I'm with you on this one... I don't mind hockey or basketball, but I'm not crazy about watching either on T.V. I watched the Bulls in the 90's, but who didn't?

White Sox are MY TEAM for sure, and my father's and his father's. I can see their ballpark from my front room window(just barely). Baseball is my favorite sport. Cubs are my least favorite sports franchise.

I also really dig the Bears, but being a fan of them takes a lot out of me. They seem to find a new way to blow it every year, and the three hours I spend watching them during the week are pure torture. 2011 season kicked me hard, 2012 really bummed me out, and 2013 almost killed me. Oh well. Patriots are probably my fav AFC team because of Brady and "The Hoodie" Belichick.

My family is also into Notre Dame football, but I'm just a casual fan.

USA is the only soccer team I really care about, but I root for Germany and South Korea too.

NFL playoffs this year I'll take Panther, Saints, or Eagles from the NFC. Anyone but the Chiefs or Broncos from the AFC.

I hope the Niners light up the Packers this weekend.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:25 am

In the realm of really sports, I only follow Italian Soccer, Serie A to be precise. AC Milan is my team. I root for Italy in international tournaments.

In the realm of e-sports, the only game I'm really into is Super Smash Bros. Melee. I main Marth and my favorite players are Mew2King, TheMoon and Mango. I cheer for the East Coast in crew battles, of course. :lol:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby honsou » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:38 am

I've basically had a love affair with sports since I was 4. For the last 12 years I've been a diehard Rutgers fan. Mostly football but I watch as many Men's and Women's basketball. I generally follow college football very closely, its a bit of an obsession

Other than that teams I follow go in this order: Knicks, UCLA (best friend is a diehard Bruins fan), Jets, Rangers, Mets, Red Bulls (kinda) and Marseille. In other words I basically watch everything

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:37 pm

Any football (or soccer if you prefer) fans who follow the English Premier League? Come on, there is always one out there...
"That's no way to treat an expensive musical instrument!" -Jim Steinman
"When I was growing up, there were two things that were unpopular in my house. One was me, and the other was my guitar." -Bruce Springsteen
"Alcohol is humanity's friend... Can I abandon a friend?" -Yang Wen-li
"...See you on the Dark Side Of The Moon~"

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:46 pm

Last time I watched a match from start to finish was the 1966 World Cup final...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:21 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Last time I watched a match from start to finish was the 1966 World Cup final...

oh, England :lol:

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”