[Sports] Who's your team?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Schrodingerscat
Embryo

[Sports] Who's your team?

•      
  •      

Postby Schrodingerscat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:55 am

American rules football. NCAA or NFL.

Personally I'm fond of the Vikings in the NFL and the OU Sooners in NCAA.

Was pretty pleased when Alabama won the title, though by all accounts they probably should have lost that game (Colt McCoy getting hurt was super random). Frankly I'm just glad the season is over so I don't have to hear any more about the apparent second-coming-of-christ that is Tebow. >_<
(-__-)
(>__>) (-__-)
(>_(-__-)
(^_(O__O) Oh God...
Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts...

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:58 am

OU Sooners in NCAA, Dallas Cowboys in NFL

This year (and probably only this year) I've made the Vikings my "other" team when/if Dallas loses because:

1. Brett Favre is my favorite player ever.
2. Adrian Peterson is awesome and used to play for OU.

It sucks Dallas and Minnesota have to play each other next week. I'll be cheering for the Boys but won't be too upset to see the Vikes win.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:25 am

I'm also a Vikings fan. With Favre at QB they really aren't going to get a better shot than this, so this year is a must-win.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:28 am

I don't really have a favorite team or anything. Maybe in the NCAA, the local SIU Salukis, but when it comes to anything more than that, I usually just root for the underdog.

Same goes for NFL, although I'm a little partial to the Vikings, if only because I was born in Minnesota and the local team here is absolute shit.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 am

I'm only "into" sports for the free food at the parties. Not really a fan or anything like that. (prepares for everyone to question his manhood)

But if I had to pick, it would have to be the Seattle Seahawks, and simply because their quarter back was from SU, a college I lived 20 minutes from way back in the day.

Other than that, I root for the same team that the guy who brought the really good chicken wings to the Super Bowl party is a fan of.

:woohoo: Go team!

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:43 am

"Nah, I'm not really into Pokemon."

Schrodingerscat
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Schrodingerscat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:47 am

I became a fan of the Vikings when they got Peterson. He was like a man-amongst-boys in college and still is in the NFL. The day they drafted Favre I was like "this team is going to win the super bowl". Was hilarious when they whooped the Packers lol.

I used to be a Cowboys fan when I was little, though I'm not sure why. Musta been the Troy Aikman hero worship thing that went on all though out the 90s lol. Not sure why I stopped liking them but it is good to see that they are starting to not suck again.

Was anybody else pissed off about the Heisman voting? I wanted Ndamukong Suh to win it so damn bad but alaz...I think it may be impossible for a defensive lineman to win it no matter how much of a monster they are.

@FreakyFilmFan4ever well at least you're honest. Maybe I should start quizzing my friends about who they're watching before I let them eat my hot wings XD
(-__-)
(>__>) (-__-)
(>_(-__-)
(^_(O__O) Oh God...
Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts...

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:05 am

Texans are my NFL team. Best year in team history but they missed the playoffs. It was a bittersweet season. They only lost one game by more than 7 points all season but they couldn't take care of business like they should have. Johnson is the best receiver in the league. Daniels is arguably the best tight end in the league. Schaub just put together a sick season and they have one of the best linebacking tandems in Ryans and Cushing (who is the defensive rookie of the year). I'm really excited about the future of this team.

Longhorns and Houston Cougars are my college teams. Yeah, the horns probably win that game if Colt plays, but what the hell are you gonna do? Shit happens. I was raging like a mallfucker that night but you get over it pretty fast. The coogs have a lot of potential. I really love coach Sumlin and Case Keenum will be back to try to improve on his monster year.

Looks like Jimbo and I have problems.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:46 am

BobBQ wrote:"Nah, I'm not really into Pokemon."

yeah, pretty much

bahh, "american football" isn't even football. It's rugby for pussies

/this is europe over

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:34 am

Team Jacob

But in seriousness I'd have to say GreenBay?
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:54 am

Green Bay Packers in the NFL, Wisconsin Badgers in the NCAA.

If that wasn't predictable enough...
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby honsou » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:24 am

I'm a die hard Rutgers football fan and I really only follow college football as for some reason pro football kinda puts me to sleep but my teams in the pros are the Giants and the Jets. Giants take precedent over the Jets, as I only cheer for the Jets because they were my dad's team and when he died I adopted all of his teams.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:27 pm

EvaCub wrote:Team Jacob

Team Edward is the best option.

To keep things on topic, I have no interest in any sport.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Oz wrote:To keep things on topic, I have no interest in any sport.

I myself prefer the other football.

The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote:OU Sooners in NCAA, Dallas Cowboys in NFL
^THESE, BIG TIME
This year (and probably only this year) I've made the Vikings my "other" team when/if Dallas loses because:

1. Brett Favre is my favorite player ever.
2. Adrian Peterson is awesome and used to play for OU.

It sucks Dallas and Minnesota have to play each other next week. I'll be cheering for the Boys but won't be too upset to see the Vikes win.
I have a lot of respect for Brett Favre as a fantastic athlete and QB, but I grew to really hate him as he dragged on and on with "the Michael Jordan retirement plan" as I like to call it

maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall other greats like Johnny U, Montana, Aikman, etc., coming off with such a prima donna attitude

my guess is Mike Holmgren's to blame, his ego may have been infectious to Favre

anyway, regarding AP (Adrian Peterson), when he's great, almost no one can touch him, but his big flaw is he's brittle, he reminds of Billy Sims in this regard, and I am concerned he won't last past the average "shelf life" of a player in the NFL of five years

thank GOD the Cowboys finally won in the postseason after the 14-year drought I hope the Cowboys make it to Miami in February, and again but in the their own stadium in 2011

I also hope the Sooners work out their issues so they can get back to the BCS Championship and win it all next January

so yeah, Boomer Sooner, go Cowboys!!!

P.S. IMO, Archie Manning is without question the most overrated (American) football player in the history of the game

oh yeah sure, he's got two QB sons who both won Super Bowls, that's obviously nothing to sneeze, but come on, WE DON'T NEED TO SEE HIM OR MENTION HIS NAME EVER OTHER DAMN PLAY DURING GIANTS AND COLTS GAMES AS IF HE'S THE GREATEST QB EVAH, AAH!! :argh:
Last edited by THE Hal E. Burton 9000 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:48 pm

Bomby von Bombsville wrote:
Oz wrote:To keep things on topic, I have no interest in any sport.

I myself prefer the other football.

I like the way you're thinking :thumbsup:

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:15 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:P.S. IMO, Archie Manning is without question the most overrated (American) football player in the history of the game

oh yeah sure, he's got two QB sons who both won Super Bowls, that's obviously nothing to sneeze, but come on, WE DON'T NEED TO SEE HIM OR MENTION HIS NAME EVER OTHER DAMN PLAY DURING GIANTS AND COLTS GAMES AS IF HE'S THE GREATEST QB EVAH, AAH!! :argh:

I don't know. I've got some friends that are fans of him, and they make some pretty good hot wings. :hint-hint:

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Brownies and Buckeye's baby! Mix them together, and you have a delicious culinary treat for the whole family. Now if the only the former could figure out how to draft...

ZapX wrote:Texans are my NFL team. Best year in team history but they missed the playoffs.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll figure it out. The Texans have been on the verge of greatness for the last couple of years now. They have the offense to get it done, but their missing a defense that can get the job done in crunch time (like when they blew that huge halftime lead against the Colts).

But for a franchise that hasn't been in the league for very long, they seem to have put together quite the team. I wish the Browns could figure out how to draft/ sign FA's that well.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Oz wrote:
EvaCub wrote:Team Jacob

Team Edward is the best option.

To keep things on topic, I have no interest in any sport.

:(

Anyway, I am a Pittsburgh guy so all my teams are Pittsburgh related. Black and gold either on the field or on the ice.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

VoidEater
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby VoidEater » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Niners.

But I haven't watched a game since the Joe Montana days.
"I would like to see a clown remake of 'Terms of Endearment' or 'The Thorn Birds.' Or maybe a big disaster movie, like 'Towering Inferno.' That's stuff I'd pay to see. Nothing says entertainment more than burning clowns."

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”