Eva fanfics where NERV is sidelined

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Conrad Gray
Adam

Eva fanfics where NERV is sidelined

•      
  •      

Postby Conrad Gray » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:15 am

Okay I've been reading this one-
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4673040/1/And_If_That_Dont_Work

I'll let TV Tropes do the talking...

And If That Don't Work? by Sunshine Temple

Recommended by Shay Guy, Willbyr

Synopsis: With enough gun, even an Angel can be destroyed, AT field and all, without an Eva. Of course, this tactic usually means wiping out a fair chunk of the surrounding area. And you definitely don't want your pilot and Operations Director getting caught in the blast. Nevertheless, with a proven alternative available, NERV's political position has changed big time. And Shinji? Well...

Comments: Four chapters are available now, which are each nearly 20,000 words long. Clever politics, clever combat tactics (possibly the most original Ramiel battle I've ever seen) and a very interesting twist on Shinji's life.

The two most interesting things about this fic are what happened to Shinji,
SPOILER: Show
and Misato
, and the Azazel program. Other than those, the one thing that saves this fic in my eyes is the writing, which is superb (except for the random 2nd person scene, which makes no sense).

This is definitely the strangest NGE fic I've come across so far, but it's much better than I originally thought it would be based on the summary above. I'm very interested to see how the character twists play out as the story progresses. Also, I was intrigued by
SPOILER: Show
both Asuka and Kaji having "bookend Rei" moments with Shinju and Misako...apparently it runs in the family

The main idea here is that the Russians show up last moment during the attack of Sachiel and manage to blow it up with Azazel. NERV position is put to doubt by the U.N., and Shinji becomes a girl.

This is all much better than it sounds. There's a lot of intrigue going on since NERV is still needed, but the world has found another possible way to kill Angels.

What I'm curious is, are there any other fanfics about the Eva crew but maybe they're not necessarily the ones fighting the Angels anymore, because, well, some other power comes into play?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Eva fanfics where NERV is sidelined

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:34 am

Conrad Gray wrote:and Shinji becomes a girl.
Why does this not surprise me?

@Topic
If I ever get round to doing more with the Nanoha crossover, it woukd probably fall in to this category.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Fanfiction”