Otakon Eva lunch!

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Otakon Eva lunch!

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:36 am

For anyone attending the convention, a few of us will be meeting for lunch (or two).

The tentative days and times I am suggesting are:

Friday 2pm
Saturday 3pm

I'm welcome to any other suggested times as I'm pretty flexible with meetup times. The only time I'll be unavailable will be Friday morning, AMV screenings, and the Eva Panel (of course).

Please post here if you'd like to join us. The only definites I know of are EM+GF. I'm assuming we'll get Reichu and Otaprince to join as well.

Also, the venue is still TBD but it will be a sit down place (something like Unos, Chilis, etc...).

I look forward to meeting a few of you folks.
Alex D.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:47 am

You guys are so lucky! I wish i'd live there to come and see you!
But stuck here in Greece.. Wishes for a good time there!^_^
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:59 pm

Sure, I'll be there! Any time is OK, although I haven't looked through the con schedule yet.

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:44 pm

I'm largely dependant for my Otakon plans on the person who I'm going with, but there's a better-than-even chance I'll be there.
Natsukashii, ne?

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:16 pm

Now that I look at the schedule, it seems that Seiji Mizushima, who directed several Evangelion episodes, will be having his panel from 1:30-2:30 on Friday. Just something to keep in mind.

And as a side note, why, WHY did the Eva panel have to be scheduled at the same time as Naze Nani Megatokyo? Oh well.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Otakon schedule...

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:44 am

The schedule link is below so people can check for any conflicts. I seem to be on the clear as there are multple AMV showings for me to check out.

[url]http://www.otakon.com/con_schedule.asp[/url]
Alex D.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:39 pm

For those of you who might not read the frontpage (I know I don't), discussion has shifted to here: [url]http://www.animenation.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178123[/url]

The word is 2:30 on Friday at the south end of the con center.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:42 pm

I'll be wandering around with a sign that says "Eva Monkey" on it to make it easier for you guys.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:26 pm

Just wanted to say that it was great to finally meet a few of you people. I am humbled by your mad collecting skills.

I took a few pictures, but they didn't turn out. I'm sure a fuller report will be forthcoming from EM and others.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:46 pm

drinian wrote:Just wanted to say that it was great to finally meet a few of you people. I am humbled by your mad collecting skills.

I took a few pictures, but they didn't turn out. I'm sure a fuller report will be forthcoming from EM and others.

Same here! It was great to finally meet you guys and girls. I had a ton of fun at Otakon. I wish I could have stayed until Sunday.
Alex D.

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:22 pm

Digitalex wrote:
drinian wrote:Just wanted to say that it was great to finally meet a few of you people. I am humbled by your mad collecting skills.

Same here! It was great to finally meet you guys and girls. I had a ton of fun at Otakon. I wish I could have stayed until Sunday.

I wish I could have been there at all. It was not to be, though. >_<
Natsukashii, ne?

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:08 pm

Soluzar wrote:I wish I could have been there at all. It was not to be, though. >_<

Yeah, man. I wish you could have made it out. It was a fun time. EM, Reichu and the others were a fun group of people. Maybe next year?
Alex D.

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:05 pm

Digitalex wrote:
Soluzar wrote:I wish I could have been there at all. It was not to be, though. >_<

Yeah, man. I wish you could have made it out. It was a fun time. EM, Reichu and the others were a fun group of people. Maybe next year?

Possibly. However, I can't really see that far into my future right now. Things are very uncertain. It's a long way to go, and I'm not sure if I can see myself making that trip.
Natsukashii, ne?

Return to “Fan Works”