[Manga] Shinji Ikari Raising Project

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:45 pm

View Original PostThe Imperialist wrote:something finally happened with Asuka.
Let me guess. Fell victim to the Tokyo-3 strangler.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
Avatar: Amamiya Manami (b. 30-Aug-2018)

Killer Bee
Lilin
Lilin

Something always happens to her face. Something horrible.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:42 pm

View Original PostThe Imperialist wrote:I am guessing peopel do not want spoilers, so I will just say that typical things happened,

In other words, Shinji tripped over nothing and fell on Asuka or Rei with his hand in a place it should never be. Multiple times.

View Original PostThe Imperialist wrote:and something finally happened with Asuka.

YAY!

...wait, that's bad, isn't it? Nothing good ever happens to Asuka. Like, ever.

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:19 am

Well, Asuka-Shiji shippers will like what happens in vol 10...
I feel old

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Re: Something always happens to her face. Something horrible

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:37 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:In other words, Shinji tripped over nothing and fell on Asuka or Rei with his hand in a place it should never be. Multiple times.
He did, he so very much did, and to top it all off the he tripped onto Asuka’s crotch both in front of the teachers, and a theater full of students. It’s okay though: when Shinji wears a skirt he’s a girl, so the authorities didn’t bother to arrest him. I’ll guess that this is pretty typical for Osamu. Kaworu was conspicuously absent as well(he isn’t dead is he?), I guess given the demographic they probably didn’t want him and the “new girl” to mix.

I haven’t really paid a lot of attention to ISIK, but with the skirt magic in vol 10, and Ace’s use of Shinji in attracting fans, there wasn’t any way I could let it go by. Apparently 2ch didn’t either as is spawned a batch of ISIK and Shinji threads and fanart so it might have raised it’s visibility. So would Ace having used (trap)Shinji for their topage, Volume 10 also had Shinji in it's covers.

YAY!

...wait, that's bad, isn't it? Nothing good ever happens to Asuka. Like, ever.
And it always involves some sort of violation: I wonder just why she got singled out here, if it weren’t for it being from ISIK I would have thought that it was some sort of passive aggressiveness directed against her from Shinji. Also ISIK Asuka is characterized rather differently from her original version, there’s no way Soryu would ever have let Shinji get away with doing something like that, at least not twice and in front of the whole school.She probably would have then taken it upon herself to help Trapji pass, by ripping out his boyparts.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Killer Bee
Lilin
Lilin

Damn you Dark Horse and your crazy schedule!

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Okay, so... what's up with volume 6? According to Amazon.com the release date is September 8th, but it's still up for pre-order. Books-A-Million has it slated for November, Things From Another World has October 10th, and the Dark Horse website still has September 8th listed as the release date. What the hell's going on?

The Eva Monkey
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:24 pm

I don't want to email Carl about every little detail, but if it doesn't come out in the immediate future, remind me about this, and I'll ask him what's up.

Also, does Dark Horse have a BBS? Could someone scour that and see if anyone has made mention of this delay?

Thanks.

By your powers combined... I AM CAPTAIN FANDOM.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Twitch]

Killer Bee
Lilin
Lilin

I need my bi-monthly dose of fanservice, dammit!

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:53 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I don't want to email Carl about every little detail, but if it doesn't come out in the immediate future, remind me about this, and I'll ask him what's up.

Also, does Dark Horse have a BBS? Could someone scour that and see if anyone has made mention of this delay?

I've looked in quite a few places and couldn't find any mention of a delay. I tend to miss things, though, which is why I asked here.

I'd say wait until the 10th before bugging Carl about it, though. It might've been delayed a month and Amazon didn't bother to update their listing or something.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm sorry for the delay on The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol. 6. It should be available from stores that use Diamond distribution on October 27, and in other stores the week after that.

On that note, I would like to forward the invitation for everyone at EvaGeeks to contribute to "Misato's Fan Service Center," the letters column for both of Dark Horse's Evangelion manga, Shinji Ikari and Campus Apocalypse. We're looking for your commentary, thoughts, personal experiences with the show, and fan art (especially offbeat and funny fan art). What you have to say or draw can be on any aspect of Evangelion, not just these two manga. Become a part of the books, and win prizes even more fabulous than Kaworu!

Please send your submissions to: evangelion@darkhorse.com--or, if you're a traditionalist, to: Misato's Fan Service Center, c/o Dark Horse Comics, 10956 SE Main Street, Milwaukie, OR 97222.

Thank you,
Carl Horn
Editor

Killer Bee
Lilin
Lilin

Why don't we have any Kaworu gifs?

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:12 pm

View Original PostCarl Horn wrote:I'm sorry for the delay on The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol. 6. It should be available from stores that use Diamond distribution on October 27, and in other stores the week after that.

That's very good news. Thanks!

View Original PostCarl Horn wrote:Become a part of the books, and win prizes even more fabulous than Kaworu!

Now that is fabulous.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:22 pm

I has Volume 6. It has Mana in it. There's also more Kaworu, Rits-chan and Hikari-chan than usual.

SPOILER: Show
And Gendo in Stage 38. I laughed. Out. Loud.
Voluntary Illusion.

Killer Bee
Lilin
Lilin

ISRP!Kaworu is the only Kaworu I can stand. He's awesome.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:51 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I has Volume 6. It has Mana in it. There's also more Kaworu, Rits-chan and Hikari-chan than usual.

Yeah, it's finally up on Amazon. I'll probably just order it from there since it seems Books-A-Million has decided to not get any new volumes.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:49 am

Earlier slated for a December 8 release, DHM's SIRP Vol 7 is currently slated for a December 22 release. Similarly, a page has been up for Volume 8 for a little while now, and it is slated for release for in January. For those of you without Volume 6, it has been in circulation for a couple of weeks now and shouldn't be too hard to find.
Voluntary Illusion.

Guilt & Innocence
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Guilt & Innocence » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Man I have been wanting to read this series for so long because it sounds so funny. But it's kind of hard explaining to your parents why it sometimes has a fanservice-y cover. I guess I will have to wait a few years :(
Will the darkness in their hearts be purified?
"Rawr *Chomp Chomp* RawR *Chomp* *swallow*" - Yui Ikari

"Let's analyze this, if I were to run away, where the fuck would I go?" - Shinji Ikari Gag dub

Killer Bee
Lilin
Lilin

They'll totally buy it.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:44 pm

View Original PostGuilt & Innocence wrote:Man I have been wanting to read this series for so long because it sounds so funny. But it's kind of hard explaining to your parents why it sometimes has a fanservice-y cover. I guess I will have to wait a few years

The most fanservicey the covers get is Rei/Asuka in their plugsuits. Just tell your parents it's sci-fi and that the kids pilot robots in space.

Just, uh... don't let them open it. Ever. :rei_blush:

Guilt & Innocence
Lilith

Re: They'll totally buy it.

•      
  •      

Postby Guilt & Innocence » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:26 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:The most fanservicey the covers get is Rei/Asuka in their plugsuits. Just tell your parents it's sci-fi and that the kids pilot robots in space.

Just, uh... don't let them open it. Ever. :rei_blush:

I saw that pic, my parents would flip just at the sight of that. And god help me if they read it. I really want to see Gendo's Shenangians
Will the darkness in their hearts be purified?
"Rawr *Chomp Chomp* RawR *Chomp* *swallow*" - Yui Ikari

"Let's analyze this, if I were to run away, where the fuck would I go?" - Shinji Ikari Gag dub

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:28 am

*Claps hands happily like a seal*
Both of my local comic book stores say they are getting copies of Vol 7 in store this week. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Voluntary Illusion.

Nightweaver20xx
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Nightweaver20xx » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:07 pm

Recently picked up vols. 1-6, and am extremely pleased. It's catharsis to see the Eva crew actually enjoying themselves for once. And the respect and care DH gave to the translation and faith to the material is appreciated. It's a celebration for Eva fans, also. DH understands its underlying fanbase; how knowledgeable we are about our source material, how geeky we are, and how we feel about our beloved Eva, and gives us that forum for expression that domestic companies just wouldn't normally.

You're a good man, Carl Horn.
"The tranquil angel's thesis has ended, so now it is beginning/ Clinging tightly to the life you protect/ You will receive an answer from that dream~
--Epilogue of Evangelion

The story is never over as long as humans can still love one another.

[url]http://www.furaffinity.net/user/Nightweaver20xx[/url]

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:45 am

Volume 8 is now expected for release around March 09, 2011. Volume 07 should now be in stores - I would have gotten it myself on Boxing Day, however my local comic stores had a delay in recieving their pre-Xmas stock. I've read that the stock is up on shelves as of this morning, so I should be able to pick up a copy of Vol 7 this week.
Voluntary Illusion.

Killer Bee
Lilin
Lilin

...and it is one that should not be squandered heedlessly.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Just picked up vol. 7 today, and it's the weakest volume yet in my opinion. I kept waiting for something to happen and nothing ever did. The little bonus chapters at the end were cute, but the main chapters felt like Takahashi's really just padding things out as much as he can at this point.

SPOILER: Show
I did like the part where Shinji, who is standing in front of and about twenty feet away from Asuka, STILL manages to trip and fall on her from behind in a way that one hand goes up her shirt and the other down her pants.

Shinji, my friend, you have a very rare gift.

The Forgotten Knight
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby The Forgotten Knight » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 pm

I think it's pretty cool to see the cast in a normal setting and without all the emotional baggage. What I like is that the writers are also able to maintain their personalities accuratley.
Death is certain, Life is not.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”