[Manga] Shinji Ikari Raising Project

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Viking
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Viking » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:14 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:[..] We A/S shippers got angelic days, re-take (loved that little gem that you eva geeks for informing me about it) epilogue of evangelion and some other things I can’t remember at this time. Don’t get me wrong I love the A/S paring but it seems like we get all the good endings and the R/S shippers get nothing (to my knowledge)

More you get, the more you want :toothy:
Well, I've just finished taking a look at the scans of vol 11. I can't read Japanese and maybe I'm wrong but this volume seems turning more to a S/A pairing in contrast with the previous volumes.

Bye
俺は素人でもない。スペシャリストだ![ フルメタル

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:22 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Not really. Kaworu's an ass and a spy in ISRP, so ignoring him is a damn fine idea.

Your definition of "ass" is quite an inscrutable one. Kaworu is definitely a funny character in this manga, he also tended to break the rhythm, ISIK tends to be quite repetitive without him. But if you have to seriously "judge" him because of his affiliation with Seele, then I guess that we're reading this manga in a different way...
View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:Don’t get me wrong I love the A/S paring but it seems like we get all the good endings and the R/S shippers get nothing (to my knowledge)

Amen; one year ago I was having high hopes for RxS in NME but right now I've many doubts about it...
View Original PostViking wrote:Well, I've just finished taking a look at the scans of vol 11. I can't read Japanese and maybe I'm wrong but this volume seems turning more to a S/A pairing in contrast with the previous volumes.

I've checked it as well, obviously without understanding much of it; apparently Asuka is more active compared to Rei in this volume but it doesn't really mean much since Shinji has been quite irresolute until now, I doubt that he changed significantly in this last issue (well, we just have to wait for Panini translation to discover it)
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Even a non shipping/relationship ending would be fine if Shinji just works out his issues, overcomes them, grows a pair, learns to like himself, and is happy and healthy in the end. And obviously save the day, kicks some harpy ass, kills SEELE and acts and be's heroic for a change. :asuka_thumbsup:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:42 am

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:Even a non shipping/relationship ending would be fine if Shinji just works out his issues, overcomes them, grows a pair, learns to like himself, and is happy and healthy in the end. And obviously save the day, kicks some harpy ass, kills SEELE and acts and be's heroic for a change. :asuka_thumbsup:

I don't think any of that even applies to ISRP.
Last edited by Bagheera on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Viking
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Viking » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:09 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:
View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:Even a non shipping/relationship ending would be fine if Shinji just works out his issues, overcomes them, grows a pair, learns to like himself, and is happy and healthy in the end. And obviously save the day, kicks some harpy ass, kills SEELE and acts and be's heroic for a change. :asuka_thumbsup:

I don't think most of that even applies to ISRP.

I don't think any of that will apply to ISRP, save for, maybe, the last volume...

Bye

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:17 am

View Original PostViking wrote:I don't think any of that will apply to ISRP, save for, maybe, the last volume...

True. Edited accordingly.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Is there any word on how long this will be? I like fanservice as much as the next guy, but it seems to be going in circles. If there was some sort of resolution on the horizon that'd be awfully nice.

I'm pretty sure this is going to last exactly as long as the artist/s can bear to draw it. ISRP evidently fills a particular need in the Eva market, and does an okay job perpetuating itself as an ecchi rag without much substance.

Introducing all these new women and constantly falling back on 'grope tropes' suggests author exhaustion may be setting in, though.

Viking
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Viking » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:28 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Introducing all these new women and constantly falling back on 'grope tropes' suggests author exhaustion may be setting in, though.

I could be wrong, but I rather think that Osamu Takahashi actually like this type of stories.

I've just had a look at the first two volumes of Isuka ( same author ) and found out a lot of [s]boobies[/s] similarities between the situations in ISRP and those in Isuka.

Bye

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:42 pm

Anybody happen to pick up 9 yet? Also Dark Horse's preview of vol.10 seems to just talk about Crossplaying Shinji for the school culture fest. I'm sure it will be yet more Harem/situation comedy shenanigans (Not that there's anything wrong with that :misato_service: ) However, I would like to see more character development between the main love triangle or some more stuff with Mana or perhaps the female BB trio. Or more Kyoko or Gendo/Naoko/Yui triangle funnies.

Charsiupao
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charsiupao » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:54 pm

While I find the plots a bit shallow (they're more like episodic subplots, until now I still don't really get the overall main plot holding the little episodes together) and the fanservice excessive (it's like, you really need to put in a lot of effort to get into those positions, and they somehow do it) I have to admit I enjoy the manga a lot. It's hilarious, and makes me smile if not laugh out loud. Maybe because I found the original anime depressing (awesome though it was), and watching my favourite characters living out an almost fairy-tale alternate existence where everyone is happy, normal and more than a little funny kind of makes me feel better. Despite all the tears I shed (and blank looks I had) during the anime, I loved the characters in there, and now I know that somewhere, somehow, everyone is living happily ever after!

Motoro
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Motoro » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:34 pm

Same for me, I find the story to be so shallow but it gets a smile out of me every time I read it. Its good to think in some place, somehow the characters are happy and live a normal life
Que asco!

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:06 pm

I read ISRP just to see what "father of the year" Gendo will do next
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Charsiupao
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charsiupao » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:13 am

One thing I hate about the ISRP manga - although it's probably my fault. I tend to read it late at night after everyone has gone to bed, and it always... always makes me hungry for bento which is impossible to get at such late hour...

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:15 am

I saw copies of SIRP Vol 9. in store today. It must have arrived last week or the week before, even so it hadn't appeared on any of the store order lists in the last three months...
Voluntary Illusion.

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:43 am

I picked up my copy two days ago, finally out after so many months.

It's just like the rest of SIRP: lots of fan service with reasonably well drawn characters but with a completely asinine story line.

Bonus in volume 9: Yui Ikari fan service. No, really!
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:33 am

ISRP Volume 9 was released in late August. Not sure why it took so long to show up for you guys.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:31 pm

@Duke: as they say, pics or It didn't happen. :biii:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Volume 12 cover here: http://tinyurl.com/Ikari-Shinji-Vol-12

It was released in Japan in September. Apparently one of the Amazon JP reviewers was annoyed this manga's nothing but panties (and no storyline).

Anyway, Volume 12 is where Shinji and the girls have to stop some Seele attack (again) but this time in a virtual space. Of course, there was some Gendo wackiness in the volume as well. (From what I remember of the scans last year.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:39 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Volume 12 cover here: http://tinyurl.com/Ikari-Shinji-Vol-12

It was released in Japan in September. Apparently one of the Amazon JP reviewers was annoyed this manga's nothing but panties (and no storyline).

Yeah, this is one review that got me interested to buy this volume :chuckles:
And another review mentioned he/she is very happy to see Shinji to be so active in this volume. So I guess it differs from person to person.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:44 pm

I know that ISRP is a fan service manga but they really should put male characters on the cover again before the series ends (when ever that will be). Any way I like fanservice as much as the next 18 year old does but ISRP's plot really needs to improve I mean its the same thing over and over again (but I will still buy it my fanboy code demands it)
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”