Reaction Discussion Thread.

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:15 am

I wrote that goodbye about 11 days ago and still no progress?! :derp:

Also

Fuyutsuki-bot wrote:Alright fuckers, I'm back to make sure everyone has a miserable time.

No bullshit, I'd be here to stay BUT everybody needs to do their part to get the thread moving: Drop unused canon characters (have them be NPCs BUT don't turn into ACCs-only land), write a post at least once a week so this thread doesn't die. /My two-cents.

That is, I'm back if you'll accept me back. :shinji_blush:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:That is, I'm back if you'll accept me back. :shinji_blush:

Well, as the current head of command regarding the RP thread and it's functions, I'll gladly accept you back into our world of faggotry.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:21 am

*Salutes mein Furher... I mean... SSD*

Do we dare carry out the final solution?

In all seriousness, though, Sachi mentioned to me the whole plan of liberating the RPG from the original Eva plot, so long as the elements of Eva are kept in place. I'm all for it.

As reference material, I would suggest this as a template we could use to show that it can be done effectively. I've e-mailed the last guy in charge, and the game was running for at least two years straight, and the actions of the characters compiled into a fanfiction of the reinvented universe.

I will mention this outright, as many people do not grasp my intentions with Raidon. Watanabe is at a critical point in deciding what direction to go with his/her life (again, depending whether people want Rai, or Raidon in this game). He can work towards becoming human, or brushing humanity entirely away. While he wants the things others seemingly obtain so easily, part of him believes he will never be capable of this, and should avoid being human entirely, moving in the direction of becoming an unstoppable, inhuman being that is completely self-reliant.

My objective in this RPG, therefore, is to do my best, through character interaction, to steer Raidon towards the prior rather than the latter. Who knows, it might even prove a source of amusement to certain yandere types.
Last edited by GoatMan on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:36 am

:lol: Perhaps we should. :P

But yeah, brainstorming suggestions to save this false start(?) are good.

My main thought (which doesn't need attention just yet) is Shin-chan needs to be played by somebody with a good RP track record (ELZ instantly comes to mind) unless Chee can plllleassse set aside posting time as him. I love Chee's Shinji and all, but just sayin'.

Also group hug! :huggles:

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Head Director Luna Ayanami

:|

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:15 am

Righto. Like I suggested to the guys in the other RP thread, I say our thread needs a proper and formal title instead of "The Fifth Evageeks RP". This way it can be easily told apart from the other RPs and we have a chance to be creative.

My vote is for "Evangelion Reaction: The Side Not Seen". I just came up with that literally right this second. It fits with the whole Evangelion "Re-" theme and it gives insight as to what the RP is about. I'm totally open to other names though.

EDIT: I also made a few edits to the first post of this thread reflecting a few of the more minor changes we've decided on so far, as well as flagging certain characters of their current status.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:27 am

"Side not seen" as a subtitle wouldn't fit in the topic unless nescassary information is deleted, but I like "Evangelion: Reaction" myself. I can tweak the title if people object to it.

So when/how do we figure out posting and such?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:"Side not seen" as a subtitle wouldn't fit in the topic unless nescassary information is deleted, but I like "Evangelion: Reaction" myself. I can tweak the title if people object to it.

That works. Though perhaps the "Evangelion" part of the name can be dropped altogether; it's a little redundant (durr hurr, Evangelion RP on an Evangelion forum?). And then I don't think labeling it was the "5th Evageeks RP" is really necessary. Unless you can explain to me otherwise, I say we drop that part of the name.

Perhaps "Reaction: The Side Not Seen" as the complete title for the RP and "Reaction Discussion Thread" for the discussion thread?

So when/how do we figure out posting and such?

I think you and I, along with anybody else involved that happens to be around at the time, need to get together on the IRC and have a discussion regarding the rules and formatting. Perhaps this weekend?
- Sachi

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:45 am

Thread title fixes look good.

Also, Friday night would maybe be okay for discussion for me, but sometime Saturday would work out best.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:47 am

Guys,

I'll be entertaining a guest on Friday night, so whatever you come up with, let me know. Or, if it would work, just hold off for me until Saturday? I want to participate more in the planning and interaction in the chan in particular, though I know time schedules to seem to conflict a bit.

Anyway, shoot me a PM or e-mail, let me know what's going on.

Thanks,

Chris

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:49 am

Following the trends, I can work my schedule to have it happen on Saturday. Being that we're all West Coast, timing shouldn't be too much of a hassle. The two of you are the leading people I want to talk to; Lege is secondary for now until he becomes well immersed again. Saturday it is.
- Sachi

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:21 pm

<GLaDOS> I'm back.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have returned. Some important notes:

For now, Aoba/Hyuga/Aoi/Kaede are background characters. Kaji will likely become that as well if Vegeta doesn't speak up for him in the next couple of days (more details on that as necessary).

ACC's are still available for making, but details have to be approved, and angels are right out.

Expect the plot to deviate from NGE wildly soon after Sachiel.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Okay, Kaito post done. I'll have the Daisuke, Ritsuko and Shinji posts done hopefully at some point tomorrow. As for right now, I'm too tired.

Also, could somebody remove Mai as a main character? She's only really a supporting character who shows up when Kaito's at home, and she won't really be able to interact with anyone otherwise.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:07 pm

Removed. Hopefully I can reply to any Shinji stuff on Monday or Wednesday, but I'll see how my schedule is.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Shinji post done, two down, two to go.

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Lilith and Misato post edited accordingly.

I probably won't be able to post any "Misato getting to Nerv/Shinji being told to pilot" stuff until Wednesday the earliest, not that that's a problem since things are gradually getting underway.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Ugh...sorry for the delay on my remaining two posts, I'll try and get the Daisuke and Ritsuko posts done tomorrow after my interview.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Finally got the Ritsuko and Daisuke posts done. I won't be back from my trip until Monday, so I hope you'll all forgive me for not posting updates for Shinji and Kaito until then at the earliest.

Not that there's much been happening for me to post updates for them anyway, but in any case, please don't take Shinji and Kaito away from me. I'll post once I get back.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Raidon and Fuyutuski post up.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

You know, you don't have to update this thread every single time you update the RP Thread; it's very redundant, especially if all you're saying is, "I posted in the RP Thread." It's very easy to see when you've updated the other thread, so don't mock our intelligence by force feeding it to us. Rawr! Fear me!

That said, thank you for the update. :w00:
- Sachi

Return to “Role-Playing Related”