Reaction Discussion Thread.

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:03 pm

FYI my above post was edited.

Clarifying something: Yes, RPs need a sense of realism and continuity to make things run smoothly, but part of what made that post-Ep16 AU (RP thread #1) so fun is the element of playing off each other. Things weren't nearly as strict or rigid, though people lost interest in the end.

If we should just follow canon for now with Rei and have her meet Shinji at Nerv, that's fine.

We should be doing this for fun. Fixing errors is just as important but secondary to interest.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Kaji is now available in stores! Veg, you want him instead of Shinji? He's an action hero! :D

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:41 pm

I still see no reason for Shinji to not be in Tokyo-3, seeing as how the time he was summoned has been altered and until the timeline was altered after my initial post, Sachiel had already been fought. With the retcon, we have virtually no meaningful difference from the canonical timeline; the premise has changed.

But yea, great start, guys. No wonder this RP keeps failing.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:51 pm

The time he was summoned was *not* altered, you were either misinformed or mistaken. He arrived the same day as Sachiel. We changed the initial starting point of the thread, but the timeline was not itself changed.

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:26 pm

I was told that Shinji was arriving a week later than everyone else. If the intention was everyone showing up earlier, that should've been made clear.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: I'd prefer to keep going from our current game-point.

Postby Sachi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:29 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:A nicely-worded PM to Aura (and GoatMan with his errors) requesting tweaking the times on their posts would've suffice, Legend & Sachi.

Aside from a few "wtfs" mine was very nicely worded and I could have definitely made it worse if I weren't a nicer person. And it was best posted in the discussion thread so it could be made public for everybody to see because more than just Lege and I were confused on the matter and it applied to more than just GM and Aura. This has honestly been the sloppiest start to an RP we've had yet, and saying things in the nicest way possible isn't going to get things back on track.

That said, I'd like to bring up the Character Synopsis idea up again. I suggest that players with ACC's posts a brief description of their character in this thread so outside viewers are aware of who they are.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Indeed, so let's make a few things absolutely clear:

1) All initialization posts except Shinji and Sachiel's should be early morning.

2) Shinji will arrive in a nearby city, exactly as he was in Episode 1. He will do this late morning/early afternoon per Chee's choice.

3) Sachiel will attack shortly thereafter.

Changes needed:

1) If Aura is no longer playing after such a short period of time, his posts and all posts that interact with him should be deleted.

2) SSD should consider the fact that since the Angel isn't attacking early morning any more, Rei might not be leaving to be a pilot decoy so early either...

Unless she wants Gendo to have a few hour's forewarning of Sachiel's attack. Which is totally cool.

We good?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

I'd prefer to keep going from our current game-point.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:22 pm

Sachi: If you say so.

I think keeping things at our current point is good (Shinji en route) instead of starting over a second time. Rei will/can meet Shinji at Nerv (Rei post deleted).

That said... I can take Misato in addition to Rei, but:

A) Maya is just a in-the-background techie (I'd probably just make her background anyway).

OR

B) I swap Maya for teh Misato-sama instead, somebody else can take Maya.

I'm leaning towards B. Thoughts? If I take her, Misato post tonight maybe.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:55 pm

PLEASE keep Maya for the timebeing. It would be really nice if we could have all the canon characters for once, and we're already gonna be missing two. I can make it clear, however, that Maya is up for grabs by anyone else that wants her or something.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:07 pm

In that case, I'll be Misato, Rei and Maya, though Maya can be up for grabs.

Rei-chan still has early notice on Sachiel.

Expect a Misato intro/searching for Shinji post sometime tonight.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:46 am

Legendary wrote:Kaji is now available in stores! Veg, you want him instead of Shinji? He's an action hero! :D

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DO.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:12 am

In order to help with the reworking of Raidon, I will be including links and references here or direct links in my RP posts to help others grasp what Raidon is interested in, and why.

Reference material for those who are interested:

Site that Raidon is looking at in regards to the NF-104 Starfighter:

http://www.nf104.com/index.html

Why it holds interest to him: The NF-104 was a modified version of the standard F-104 Starfighter aircraft, built specifically by Lockheed to test flight into and re-entry from the edge of the Earth's atmosphere. In combination with the various X-planes flown at Edwards from 1947 to the early '70s, the NF-104 helped pave the way for research and development that supplemented NASA post 1958.

Depending how things pan out in the RP, Raidon will be drawing on this and the history of Chuck Yeager should NERV come a calling.

For those who truly wish to understand Raidon, particularly his odd habits when it comes to "death defying", he will make various references to The Right Stuff(1983)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:28 am

GoatMan wrote:In order to help with the reworking of Raidon, I will be including links and references here or direct links in my RP posts to help others grasp what Raidon is interested in, and why.

Reference material for those who are interested:

Site that Raidon is looking at in regards to the NF-104 Starfighter:

http://www.nf104.com/index.html

Why it holds interest to him: The NF-104 was a modified version of the standard F-104 Starfighter aircraft, built specifically by Lockheed to test flight into and re-entry from the edge of the Earth's atmosphere. In combination with the various X-planes flown at Edwards from 1947 to the early '70s, the NF-104 helped pave the way for research and development that supplemented NASA post 1958.

Depending how things pan out in the RP, Raidon will be drawing on this and the history of Chuck Yeager should NERV come a calling.

For those who truly wish to understand Raidon, particularly his odd habits when it comes to "death defying", he will make various references to The Right Stuff(1983)

And now for the tl;dr version. IF YOU HOPE TO UNDERSTAND RAIDON YOU MUST LOOK TO UNDERSTAND GOATMAN.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:54 am

Sachi wrote:And now for the tl;dr version. IF YOU HOPE TO UNDERSTAND RAIDON YOU MUST LOOK TO UNDERSTAND GOATMAN.

You make that sound so difficult.

As we were doing in the RP interviews on the chan, though, I'd be willing to do kind of a "director's commentary" routine when I'm online to further develop the character.

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:32 am

So, I'm still ready to be Kaworu. ^^; Also, Nerv techie/Seele operative Satsuki Ooi, very loosely based on the character of the same name in the Shinji Ikari Raising Project game. Profile forthcoming.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Time for IRC/forums, then should have time for this.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:07 am

Luc: Yay. :huggles:

I really wonder if people will take Ritsuko and/or Maya, or they'll just be dead-weight?

There should probably be a future rule for newcomers of "take actual series characters before ACCs". ACCs are cool and all, but canon characters are needed to get things underway. Also, I can't shake the feeling wheather or not new players join up, we'll get lack of overall interest or serious lack of RP posts, given various problems in the past (which haven't been fixed yet).

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: Time for IRC/forums, then should have time for this.

Postby Sachi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:There should probably be a future rule for newcomers of "take actual series characters before ACCs". ACCs are cool and all, but canon characters are needed to get things underway.

Actually, I was thinking of something quite similar to this.

Perhaps for players who wish to join up and play in the RP, they must be required to have a canon character and may choose to create an ACC if they wish, but only once they have a canon character. This way, with the number of people playing, the canon characters will get filled up. I think this rule should also go in effect for current players as well if they don't already have a canon character.
- Sachi

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Pretty sure that as we stand, everyone except ELZ has some sort of canonical character. If we enforce this rule, he has to take Ritsuko, the only person left.

Is this what we want?

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:40 pm

Just... find someone who wants to play Ritsuko. It's not difficult, and if necessary, I will tackle Maya.

However, I will only take Maya if there's a regular series of updates this week.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:35 pm

As Lege and GM know, I'm taking over for Maya Ibuki. Just thought I would make that official here. I'll get a post up for her soon, depending on how things progress in the thread this week.

I'd also like to point out to Legendary and SSD: I know that there's been some confusion about the date we started on, and we got that fixed, but both of you have only fixed the date and not the day. July 16th is a Thursday, not a Monday. I'm aware you both know this, and this is probably just a forgetful mistake on your parts. So I'm just pointing out this error to you two.
- Sachi

Return to “Role-Playing Related”