Reaction Discussion Thread.

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Reaction Discussion Thread.

Postby Legendary » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:53 pm

A new RP Thread is beginning. More information on the exact details of the continuity will be forthcoming, but for the moment, this is all you need:

Shinji Ikari comes to Nerv, but he's actually one of the last pilots to arrive. After defeating Sachiel, he begins integrating into Tokyo-3 life. The only question is, what will that life be like? And what of the lives of everyone else?

Further: How will the story turn out? Now that's completely up to the characters, and their actions may drastically change or alter the progression of the plot: for better or for worse? You decide!

FORMAT

Locations, dates, and POV should be one one line (structured
Point-of-View Character
(Location) Time
)
Things said by other people should be in blue.
School PMs sent by you should be italicized and green!
School PMs received from others should be italicized and dark green!
Thoughts should be in italics!
No signatures please!
A quick summary of your post should be at the bottom in bold, but size 9.

RULES

Rule 1: It's okay to mention other characters (including background characters) in your post just please, NO "God-modding". Also, try to be as in-character as much possible: Being somewhat Out of Character depending on the character's situation is alright for a few posts, but please don't make every single post like this.

Rule 2: Please post once every two weeks as the bare minimum to keep the story and the thread going. Failure to post may result in the loss of your character and it will then be placed in the FREE PARKING pot in which other players may be able to claim the characters for themselves. Different rules apply to ACC's depending on the author's desires.

Rule 3: Use place-holder posts sparingly.

Rule 4: Please direct all OOC questions/comments and requests for roles/characters to the thread HERE. However, if you have a question/comment that MUST be addressed in the RP thread, use this (OOC: ) in your reply. Also, please try to have your (OOC: words) comment be in the same post as your Roleplaying one so the story's flow isn't disrupted.

Rule 5: You may only have ONE pilot under your control (special exemption will probably be given when Kaworu shows up).

CHARACTERS

Evangelion Characters:

Shinji Ikari: eternallylostzeppo
Asuka Soryu: Lucretius
Rei Ayanami: N/A
Toji Suzuhara: Legendary
Kensuke Aida: honsou
Hikari Horaki: Sachi

Misato Katsuragi: N/A
Ritsuko Akagi: eternally_lost_zeppo
Ryoji Kaji: Vegeta200X (Expired 1/21; Free Parking Character)
Gendo Ikari: Legendary
Kozo Fuyutsuki: GoatMan
Shigeru Aoba: background character, Anti-Goth's if she joins up and wants him, or by request
Makoto Hyuga: background character, Chee's if he joins up and wants him, or by request
Maya Ibuki: Sachi

Kiel Lorenz: NPC for any to use in an IN-CHARACTER fashion
Pen-Pen: same
Angels: Legendary

Original Characters:

Raidon Watanabe: GoatMan
Kaito Yamada: eternally_lost_zeppo
Katsuko Konotoha: Sachi
Takeru Matsuda: Legendary
Michiko Nakada: Sachi

Malcolm Spier: Chee (Probation 1/21; Not available)
Anita Griffith: Anti-Goth (Possibility of not returning)
Daisuke Yamada: eternally_lost_zeppo
Satsuki Ooi: Lucretius

Aoi Mogami: (background character)
Kaede Agano: (background character)

CALENDAR

2015 RP CALENDAR

January 23: A Friday. Daisuke's fourty-third birthday.

February 13: A Friday. Makoto's twenty-third birthday.
February 18: A Wednesday. Hikari's thirteenth birthday.
February 25: A Wednesday. Michiko's fourteenth birthday.

March 09: A Monday. Takeru's thirteenth birthday.

April 04: A Saturday. Fuyutsuki's fifty-ninth birthday.
April 07: A Tuesday. Anita's birthday, although no one knows it.
April 27: A Monday. Kaito's fourteenth birthday.
April 29: A Wednesday. Gendo's forty-eighth birthday.

May 02: A Saturday. Malcolm's twenty-sixth birthday.
May 05: A Tuesday. Shigeru's twenty-fifth birthday.
May 25: A Monday. Michiko's fourteenth birthday.

June 02: A Tuesday. Katsuko's fourteenth birthday.
June 06: A Saturday. Shinji's fourteenth birthday.
June 17: A Wednesday. Kaji's thirtieth birthday.

July 11: A Saturday. Maya's twenty-fourth birthday.
July 13: A Monday. Rei's first activation test fails.
July 14: A Tuesday. This is the day everyone moves in.
July 16: A Thursday. Sachiel attacks.
July 17: A Friday. Shinji moves in.
July 27: A Monday. Shamshel attacks.

August 4: A Tuesday. Unit 00 activation re-attempted. Ramiel attacks.
August 5: Operation Yashima, early morning
August 7: A Friday. Jet Alone.
August 19: A Wednesday. Jet Alone is sabotaged.
August 30: A Sunday. Gaghiel attacks.

September 07: A Monday. Israfel emerges from the sea.
September 12: A Saturday. Kensuke's fourteenth birthday.
September 13: A Sunday. Anniversary of 2I. Kaworu's fifteenth birthday.
September 19: A Saturday. Sandalphon attacks.
September 30: A Wednesday. Matarael attacks.

October 03: A Saturday. Raidon's birthday.
October 11: A Sunday. Sahaquiel attacks.
October 24: A Saturday. Ireul attacks.
October 28: A Wednesday. Mei's tenth birthday.
October 31: A Saturday. Anniversary of Yui's death. (In-canon this is also when Shinji and Asuka have their first kiss.)

November 02: A Monday. Leliel attacks.
November 10: A Tuesday. Bardiel awakens. May not attack this day, depends on how things play out.
November 13: A Friday. Zeruel attacks.
November 21: A Saturday. Ritsuko's thirtieth birthday.

December 04: A Friday. Asuka's fourteenth birthday.
December 08: A Tuesday. Misato's twenty-ninth birthday.
December 15: Shinji's thirty-third day inside Eva-01, if that's how things play out.
December 19: A Saturday. Arael attacks.
December 23: A Wednesday. Armisael attacks.
December 26: A Saturday. Toji's fourteenth birthday.
December 29: A Tuesday. Kaworu's CANONICAL date of going evil.
December 31 2015-January 1 2016: 3rd Impact assuming we go by the book.

Thanks for reading all this. I hope you volunteer, because it's really not as complicated as it looks! ^_^
Last edited by Legendary on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:38 pm

This is awesome so far, I hope we'll be able to reach a nice conclusion this time around. ^_^

Remember I'm here if you need any help with keeping things in order, Legend.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:57 am

Just an FYI, hopefully my next post will be tomorrow morning or tomorrow night.

I love how the thread is shaping up so far. :boingy:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:18 am

ATTENTION AURATWILIGHT AND SSD:

There is some definite spacial-temporal shit going on.

Fact one: Aura's two posts are 12 hours and eight minutes ahead of each other.

Fact two: After 12 hours, Rei has still failed to make it to Nerv

Fact three: Shinji is NOT in Tokyo-3 at this time, he is in an adjacent city (check episode 1), so he should not be able to cover the distance to Rei when these two temporal anomalies are fixed.

Suggestion one: SSD, delete the Rei post for the time being. It seriously cannot happen at this juncture (although you are welcome to repost it in a more serious light at a later point).

Suggestion two: Find a temp Misato (SSD?) so that Shinji can get to Nerv before it's too late. I will do this if no one else volunteers. Yes, I know this limits things, but this is the opening act, there's little room for changes.

Suggestion three: During this Misato/Shinji stuff, pad out posts so that everyone else can have time to introduce themselves and get to battlestations and/or shelters.

I'm really sorry to have to come down so hard right now, but we need a semblance of order before we get to the really weird stuff later on, and a few other RP'ers are a bit confused already.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:25 am

Okay, as all of you have probably noticed, we've started to quite an unorganized started; this is likely due to the hasty launch of the RP without fully establishing how things were going to go, the date for example. Some of us went in writing as if it were July 27th, Shamshel's attack date, while others went in as July 16th, Sachiel's attack date. This is okay now, we seem to have gotten everybody back on track, but this raises another problem.

If I'm not mistaken, have twelve hours passed in the thread already? Some characters are still going to school, yet Shinji has been running for twelve hours straight? Not to mention that Rei left to go to Nerv at about 7:32am, yet she comes across Shinji in the street at 7:38PM? Does it take twelve hours for her to get to Nerv? WTF??

Also, with Shinji's original arrival in the show, the alarms have gone off by the time he gets to the phone booth, and the streets are desolate. With Aura's interpretation, Shinji arrived at 7:30am, but students are still in school and walking to school, and no alarm has gone off.

WHY IN THE WORLD IS Shinji RUNNING FROM SOME ADJACENT CITY TO TOKYO-3 IN ORDER TO GET TO NERV? I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WTF?!?!

But enough with the RAEGing for now. Here I want to also suggest that in this discussion we at least make a post a two that synopsizes the ACCs so outside readers have a little idea who the hell all these random people are.

GAH: Lege beat me to it. But as he said, we need to slow down big time and maybe delete the last few posts in order to gain some balance if we don't edit them completely.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:32 am

Might as well ask a few questions while I can:

One, is the current character roster set in stone, and are the role-players limited to a certain group of forum individuals?

Two, if neither of the above is true, what exactly is the process for creating a character (the format, standards, role in story, etc.,)?

Three, assuming that this IS a restart (from the beginning or before the canonical start of NGE, no less), has there been any sort of progress regarding the RP - that is, how far has it gone timeline-wise?

Four, is the planning/storyboarding/drafting of the RP being done on IRC only, forum only, or a combination of the two?
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:37 am

Bah, I hadn't even noticed the AM/PM thing, sorry. But wait, I thought were were having Shinji having been present in Tokyo-3 since the previous Friday?

Bah, this timeline is bunk right from the get-go.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:39 am

Vegeta 20XX wrote:One, is the current character roster set in stone, and are the role-players limited to a certain group of forum individuals?

Nope. We actually encourage other forum members trying to join in on the fun.

Two, if neither of the above is true, what exactly is the process for creating a character (the format, standards, role in story, etc.,)?

I really wish the rules and synopsis from the prior thread were copy/pasta'd here to make things clearer. Basically, to create an ACC, your character MUST be realistic and fit into the Eva universe. If you want join in with an ACC, pitch your idea in this thread, and we'll give you the appropriate feedback.

Three, assuming that this IS a restart (from the beginning or before the canonical start of NGE, no less), has there been any sort of progress regarding the RP - that is, how far has it gone timeline-wise?

While we've been off to a very unorganized start, we're apparently commencing on the day of Sachiel's attack and starting early in the morning, well before the actual attack, giving the other characters time to introduce themselves before shit starts happening. Obviously, a few things need to be fixed already.

Four, is the planning/storyboarding/drafting of the RP being done on IRC only, forum only, or a combination of the two?

Most of the planning SHOULD happen in here, but being that a majority of the RPers do attend #egf-rpg, a lot of tentative planning will happen there. Official plans WILL be put up in here though.

AuraTwilight wrote:Bah, I hadn't even noticed the AM/PM thing, sorry. But wait, I thought were were having Shinji having been present in Tokyo-3 since the previous Friday?

Bah, this timeline is bunk right from the get-go.

Look at the timeline. Where does it say that? We're all starting on July 16th, when Sachiel attacks. There's quite a bit of other wrongs in your posts, Aura, that will need to be addressed as well. But we'll wait until tomorrow when more people are online and we can properly corroborate our next move. So for now, sit tight. We're off to a very hasty start, and all the rules we need haven't been put up yet.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:50 am

That's a big-ass relief, I thought I had to sit out - AGAIN - because of the ban. Anyway, I'll try to make my own character(s), and possibly post the character sheets tomorrow or on Tuesday.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:51 am

People told me that Sachiel's attack was just being bumped up further in the timeline.

You know what? Fuck it. This is too much of a hassle of continuity snarl and essentially meaningless detail-micromanaging. I'm out.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:52 am

Vegeta 20XX wrote:That's a big-ass relief, I thought I had to sit out - AGAIN - because of the ban. Anyway, I'll try to make my own character(s), and possibly post the character sheets tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Well, we are still struggling to fill in all of the canon characters, and Misato and Ritsuko are open, and maybe Kaji, depending how things go. So before going with an ACC, consider if you might want any of those characters. In the meantime, you can work on your character.

AuraTwilight wrote:People told me that Sachiel's attack was just being bumped up further in the timeline.

You know what? Fuck it. This is too much of a hassle of continuity snarl and essentially meaningless detail-micromanaging. I'm out.

:|

Veg: Apparently Shinji is open now too.
- Sachi

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:59 am

Hmmmm, a canon character....

It'd be the first time I attempted an existing NGE character, but I guess there's a first time for everything, right? I guess I'll put forth an application for Shinji's role for now, and work on an OC in the mean time. When exactly (forum time, not RP time) does everyone start coming in?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:02 am

Vegeta 20XX wrote:It'd be the first time I attempted an existing NGE character, but I guess there's a first time for everything, right? I guess I'll put forth an application for Shinji's role for now, and work on an OC in the mean time. When exactly (forum time, not RP time) does everyone start coming in?

Well, maybe if this is your first time taking a canon character, you shouldn't take the lead role. Just in case things don't work out. You know, precautions and all. ^^;

As far as when people show up, uh... I dunno. Lol. Midday. :P
- Sachi

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:10 am

It depends. Shinji is a somewhat (note: SOMEWHAT) realistic character pushed through unrealistic circumstances and situations, and besides that, shouldn't be all too difficult of a role to perform. It would also sorta make any strengths and weaknesses in my RP-ing much more apparent to me and others, allowing me to refine it much more quickly, given how integral Shinji is to the story. In any case, I'll go with a touch-and-go attitude towards Shinji in the RP, with the knowledge I already know and adapt it to new situations. Besides, I wouldn't want to RP Misato or Rits for multiple reasons.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:14 am

Vegeta 20XX wrote:It depends. Shinji is a somewhat (note: SOMEWHAT) realistic character pushed through unrealistic circumstances and situations, and besides that, shouldn't be all too difficult of a role to perform. It would also sorta make any strengths and weaknesses in my RP-ing much more apparent to me and others, allowing me to refine it much more quickly, given how integral Shinji is to the story. In any case, I'll go with a touch-and-go attitude towards Shinji in the RP, with the knowledge I already know and adapt it to new situations. Besides, I wouldn't want to RP Misato or Rits for multiple reasons.

Either way, this all needs to be approved by SSD and Lege. And I can assure you that we're all going to be slightly out of whack due to losing a player so early. It's all up on the air, so just sit back and wait for things to settle out.
- Sachi

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:07 am

Vegeta 20XX wrote:Hmmmm, a canon character....

It'd be the first time I attempted an existing NGE character, but I guess there's a first time for everything, right? I guess I'll put forth an application for Shinji's role for now, and work on an OC in the mean time. When exactly (forum time, not RP time) does everyone start coming in?

I hate to say this, I really do, but the whole of who will be Shinji has been a mess both here and on the irc chan since before either of these threads were posted. For awhile it was essel, then me, then maybe chee, then aura took Shinji, then aura left...

Basically, Chee had a slight dibs on Shinji. And he really does want him. I apologize for the lack of info on this front since there was no way for you to know, but I thought AT was gonna be here longer than this.

Please though, do post ideas on original characters. We *do* want fresh blood.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

I'd prefer to keep going from our current game-point.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:24 am

:facepalm: I thought Aura's 7:3X"PM" time was a slight typo considering his last post was 7:3X"AM". The exact time with him and Rei meeting can always be tweaked slighty, no big deal.

A nicely-worded PM to Aura (and GoatMan with his errors) requesting tweaking the times on their posts would've suffice, Legend & Sachi.

And wasn't Chee going to take Shinji since he also requested him?

But I can see this thread is already off to a great with attitudes to each other. :sigh:
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

I'd prefer to keep going from our current game-point.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:40 am

Double-post suggestion because my PSP sucks:

Can't Misato show up late in her car to pick-up both Rei and Shinji? R&S could meet 7:40/50 AM or so while Misato arrives 8 AMish? (Ask Ursus to edit AT's Shinji post-time since I can't on my PSP.)

Also, I thought there were no Angel alarms yet: Shinji's just walking to Nerv and visually sees Sachiel; Rei senses Sachiel and then gets a Nerv phonecall, that's all.

Vegeta: ACCs aside, wanna be Ritsuko?

And GM's post does need some slight tweaking btw.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: I'd prefer to keep going from our current game-point.

Postby Legendary » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:53 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:A nicely-worded PM to Aura (and GoatMan with his errors) requesting tweaking the times on their posts would've suffice, Legend & Sachi.

I wanted to contact both of you, and I *was* nicely worded.

And wasn't Chee going to take Shinji since he also requested him?

Exactly what I said in my last post.

Can't Misato show up late in her car to pick-up both Rei and Shinji? R&S could meet 7:40/50 AM or so while Misato 8AM? (Ask Ursus to go in and edit AT's Shinji post-time since I can't on my PSP.)

No, because Shinji is just arriving in the Tokyo-3 area and isn't in Tokyo-3 proper. There's no way Shinji and Rei can meet because they're a few km apart.

Also, I thought there were no Angel alarms yet: Shinji's just walking to Nerv and visually sees Sachiel; Rei senses Sachiel and then gets a Nerv phonecall, that's all.

I don't have a problem with any of that, nor does anyone else.

Vegeta: ACCs aside, wanna be Ritsuko?

He said he didn't.

And GM's post does need some slight tweaking btw.

Please point out where, because his post lines up nicely with yours.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:10 pm

GM had the date wrong and something about a new student. Must've been fixed.

I wanted to contact both of you, and *I* was nicely worded.

Right, but Sachi wasn't. >_< And he had some problem with the Angel alarms.

Also, I didn't notice your post about Chee at first.

Rei & Shinji could somehow meet en route to Nerv. Shinji's location can be changed to Tokyo-3 & him getting lost isn't much of a stretch.

I'll fix my post tonight. Lemme know what's decided in the end (Rei @ Nerv?).

Return to “Role-Playing Related”