[RP]Reaction: The Side Not Seen.

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:01 am

Asuka Langley Soryu

Asuka restarted her game, sighing in annoyance. Her computer chimed again; the American idiot was still bothering her. She looked up and read the message in the IM box.

"Yes, I know Japs are annoying, but that doesn't mean you have to be annoying in return. I made myself a promise I was going to learn to be more 'human', as annoying as that is. I want to make friends."

She frowned, cracking her knuckles. Why did this idiot think she had all the answers? The truth was, she had no idea how to make friends. She’d lived with adults her whole life: first homeschooling, then training at Nerv, then college. All the boys at college who’d paid attention to her were perverts, and all the girls felt threatened by her. The only person her age she’d spent any time with was her stupid sister, and she barely knew her, really. There was no one back home she could really call a friend.

But she’d never tell that to some idiot at school. She had to be strong. She was strong.

“Why are you so weird?” she typed. He really was a piece of work, this whiny kid. “And stop talking about how lonely you are. You won’t make friends by being depressing and weird all the time.”

“Can I trust you to keep this just between us? At least for the time being?"

Asuka rolled her eyes. “Sure. Just as long as it’s nothing perverted.” Why was this weirdo using her as a confessional? She didn’t need anyone else stuffing love letters in her locker.

"Asperger's Syndrome... It's a pain in the ass, but it means I have to actually work at being a social meatbag, because the only thing these other meatbags appreciate are those who think, speak, and act just like they do. You act too smart, or too clueless about overrated primate gestures, and you might as well be burned at the stake."

Asuka read the message and looked longingly at her Wonder Swan, wanting this conversation to end. Jumping back into her game would be so much easier. Why was she even bothering?

Maybe she knew what he was talking about. She was different from other people, someone marked from birth for a special destiny. She drew stares wherever she went, either for her loudness or her age or her appearance. But he was just an idiot she felt a little sorry for.

“Look, you idiot,” she typed. “I’m not some kind of therapist. If you want to blend in, don’t talk about your problems all the time. I’m busy, okay? I’ve got really important things to do!”

Asuka switched on her Wonder Swan once again, hoping to be left alone like she always was eventually. She crossed her legs with a violent, impatient motion.

Asuka/Raidon interaction
Last edited by Lucretius on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:57 am

Raidon Watanabe
Tokyo-3 Junior High, Thursday, July 16th, 2015, 0813 hours

“Look, you idiot,” she typed. “I’m not some kind of therapist. If you want to blend in, don’t talk about your problems all the time. I’m busy, okay? I’ve got really important things to do!”

It wasn't even the beginning of the day, and Raidon knew he had managed to screw up again. Sighing, he closed that window, and opened another one.

That guy, Yamada, was it? He was part of some kind of mystery and crime solving club. As long as it didn't involve stumbling around, saying "jinkies!", Watanabe figured he could manage.

1201 hours

Yamada seemed to be in a hurry, but Raidon knew he had to take the opportunity now. The afternoon club activities usually met immediately after class. If he missed this chance now, he would have to wait until tomorrow. Besides, he felt rather impulsive today.

"Hello, Yamada," Raidon interjected, finding his way between him and his intended path. "Question.. if you have time. You part of Mystery Club, right?"

"Yeah, that's right." Kaito confirmed wondering what this was about.

"Thinking about joining," Watanabe indicated. "Is it open for... anyone?"

"Oh, well sure anybody's welcome to join, just so long as they have a good balance between an open mind and skepticism."

"If there time... how would I join?"

"Just come along to one of the meetings after class in Room 314. We'll get you signed up then."

"Sounds good," Raidon twitched, trying to form a smile. He was trying to express himself, but he found the motions awkward. Yamada seemed to think he wasn't genuine. "I will be there."

"Great, well, see you later then." Kaito smiled his usual smile as he stepped past Raidon and continued on his way to the roof.

Somehow, Raidon has the sneaking suspicion he's going to butcher his chances at making friends
Last edited by GoatMan on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:14 pm

Kaito

Tokyo-3 Municpal Junior High School
Lunchtime

Class ended at last, and Kaito started to make his way to the door in order to go and do some reading up on the roof, only to find Watanabe standing in his way. Oh great, what does he want? Kaito thought to himself.

[Raidon stating that Kaito is the VP of the Mystery Club.]

"Yeah, that's right." Kaito confirmed wondering what this was about.

[Raidon saying he's thinking abot joining.]

"Oh, well sure anybody's welcome to join, just so long as they have a good balance between an open mind and scepyicism."

[Raidon asking how to join.]

"Just come along to one of the meetings after class in Room 314. We'll get you signed up then."

[Raidon.]

"Great, well, see you later then." Kaito smiled his usual smile as he stepped past Raidon and continued on his way to the roof.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:20 pm

Raidon Watanabe
Tokyo-3 Municipal Junior High, Thursday, July 16th, 2015, 1213 hours

Watanabe felt his stomach twist in knots, and made his way slowly to the men's room. His palms felt clammy, and a slight bead of sweat formed over his brow. It was at the moment he reached the stall, and fell to his knees while he heaved into the porcelain fixture that he realized things were not going as he anticipated.

The stress of upholding his promise to his father was getting to him. It was more difficult than he imagined, trying to be extroverted around others, and make the first move in conversation. He had gone to several different people throughout the class, and tried to strike up a conversation. However, it had not gone as well as he had hoped.

The fact three people had outright shot him down, calling him a freak, gaijin, and robot were enough. When the fourth person tried to get him to sample some stale vending machine ramen, that was the kicker. Or was it the fact the girl had added a small dab of shoe polish into it?

He could see the black lacquer bits come up with the undigested noodles.

Clutching his stomach, he stumbled out minutes later, the sweat still damp on his brow. He noticed someone laughing at him, but tried to hold himself together. Returning to his desk, he just didn't feel like eating, sleeping, or doing anything but staring straight ahead at the bland color scheme of the laptop.

That was when he noticed the message from the shoe polish maiden.

What's wrong, gaijin? Your stomach can't handle a sophisticated meal?"

He looked back at the girl, while her friend sat beside her, both giving innocent little smiles. They were taunting smiles, smiles that made his blood clot solid.

Raidon thought back to his cousins, and the camping trip to Bear River Reservoir. His left ankle itched as he thought of the results, the snake, and the long discussion afterward with his father. His grandparents had told him some years before that his cousins were a handful, and needed a strong hand to discipline them.

That, Raidon found, was what most people in this world needed.

Humans were nothing more than insects, creatures that were so dependent on their archaic, primate base, all social interaction was simply a more stylized game of king of the mountain. Dating, work relationships, school, they could all be broken down into signals of dominance or submission.

He was tired of playing the runt of the litter.

Class Rep, I am going to the library... Feel sick... Will go home if don't feel better

He did not wait for Hikari to respond as he shut down the laptop, and walked out the door.

He didn't get too far, however, when Hikari gripped at his wrist. Hikari response

He stared at her for a moment, then looked down at his wrist. She was... touching him? Granted, it was a restraining maneuver to keep him from running away, but it was odd. No one he knew his age, whether here or in Nevada, would get within arm's distance of him.

"Getting yelled at, people talk I'm weird," he said. "Want to leave."

He was rather surprised at the Horaki girl. Open to interpretation for Sachi, but possibly a "life isn't fair, suck it up and take it" response?

"I know, okay?" he found himself slipping back into English. "What do you want? I can hurt them, take their nonsense, or I can walk away." He watched her reactions twist from annoyance, to frustration, to an odd sense of, was it pity? "If I leave, they win. If I stay, they keep at it until I leave, and they win. I fight back, people get hurt, which means I get kicked out, and they still win. What do you want me to do?"

Hikari response

Watanabe closed his eyes, and rubbed at his freshly buzzed scalp. He tried to keep the conversation in Japanese, if only to humor the customs of this nation. However, it was difficult, and the lessons his grandparents forced upon him years ago were not coming back in full. "Dad made me come here, wants me be more Japanese."

Hikari response

"He told me, made me swear I would be more....personable, less like robot. I want to be less like robot, but people here make it difficult."

Open to further expansion by Sachi

Raidon is having a bad day

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Meeting the 3rd Children.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:42 pm

????
Monorail Station
Thursday, July 16 2015, 3:27 PM

She stood in the middle of the street, an otherworldly glow about her. Just standing there, staring at him.

He blinked, noticing her. Her gaze continued towards him, unwavering...

Shinji gulped, then out of the corner of his eye, noticed a sudden cruise missile impacting against a massive humanoid-looking monster.

He turned back to warn the girl but...

She was gone.

Misato Katsuragi
Monorail Station
Thursday, July 16 2015, 3:30 PM

Tires screeching, Misato pulled up her car in front of the boy she was looking for, shielding him from any oncoming attack. She opened the car door with a smile on her face, but her voice was somewhat in a rush.

"Sorry to keep you waiting! You're Ikari Shinji-kun right? I'm Katsuragi Misato, I'm here to pick you up."

Shinji got into the car as fast as he could and buckled up his seatbelt.

Wasting no time in backing up, Misato quickly sped off towards Nerv headquarters.

Soon would be the hard part of informing this boy that he'd be a new pilot, but... At least that shouldn't happen for awhile. Rei may still be injured, but they could probably have Asuka pilot if need be. Her Eva should have arrived at Nerv by now.

But... if he had to pilot, would he even know what to do? It took Rei a few months to properly synch with Eva-00, there's no way a newcomer could synch with an Eva within a day!

Noticing how silent the somewhat successful car-ride was already, Misato decided to speak up. "Just so you know, that thing we saw is a mysterious lifeform called an Angel."

"Oh, uh...right." Shinji said, frowning slightly. "Thanks...for getting me out of there, I guess."

Misato nodded slightly at Shinji. "Of course. I couldn't let you die."

"No, I suppose not..." He didn't sound too concerned. What an odd boy.

"Oh, that's right. Do you have the ID your father sent you?"

Taking the ID from Shinji and handing him a booklet entitled Welcome to Nerv, Misato returned her eyes towards the road.

"Nerv?"

"Nerv is a government organization, directly given orders from the U.N. I'm the Head of Operations and the Captain there." Misato continued, starting to force some cheerfulness, "We need you for something, but it shouldn't be for some time, so don't worry about it just yet."

She decided not to go into the details just yet, but if he asked, obviously she'd answer. It's not right to leave him in the dark, but....

"I figured. Father wouldn't send for me unless he had a 'use' for me." Shinji replied bitterly.

The boy's words broke Misato out of her thoughts. A sympathetic frown made its way across her face. "So, you don't get along with your father."

She managed a halfhearted smile at Shinji, who looked puzzled. "Neither do I."

Misato then sighed, continuing to drive to Nerv in silence.

Lilith and then Misato meet Shinji Ikari.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Toji Suzuhara
Tokyo-3 Muncipal Junior High, Thursday, July 16th, 2015, 08XX hours

"Well your right on that first part, but I'm about 99% sure you'd get shot down in a heart beat."

Toji glared at Kensuke. "What makes you say that?"

Kensuke answer, probably semi-insulting

Toji had to resist the urge to punch Kensuke. He was a nice guy, sometimes, but other times...

Toji looked back over at Michiko. She was pretty hot.

He opened up his desk laptop and turned on the chat feature, writing out a few half-sentences before frowning, scrapping it all, and trying to write something else. Nothing sounded really good, so he ultimately just gave up.

Takeru Matsuda
Same place, same time.

"Matsuda: Me and Michiko? >_> Very funny. I've been just peachy. Same as always, but you'd have to know what 'always' is like for me in order to know. :P As for Michiko, you can ask her yourself."

"Kotonoha: What's so funny about that?"

"Matusda: Whatever Sachi says"

Takeru sighed. Things had clearly changed.

"Michiko: What's with Kotonoha?"

Sachiel
Too stupid to know. Too dissimilar to care.

They attack, but they cannot interfere. Nothing can break through the throne of the soul.

A tiny one watches in horror from below. Foot nearly crushes it, it screams. Pathetic and weak, not worth killing.

Blue creature speeds by. Grabs tiny creature. Leaves.

Curious. Uninteresting.

It is doubtful these eyes will see it again.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Katsuko Kotonoha
Class 2-A. Thursday, July 16th. 8:15am.

A slight curl of the brow magnified behind her glasses. Yet another message had presented itself before her in reply to her last message.

"Kotonoha: What's so funny about that?"

"Matusda: You're quite slow, aren't you?"

[Insert Takeru IM Reply]

Katsuko became slightly annoyed. So much had happened since he left, and he expects everything to be within the same frame he left it in? He was sure in for a surprise. Not wanting to take the conversation any further, she repeated herself:

"Matsuda: Ask her yourself."

With that, she closed her laptop.

--

Michiko Nakada

Michiko had been Instant Messaging Mami, along with a few other friends, when she was interrupted by another window:

"Michiko: What's with Kotonoha?"

It was from Takeru Matsuda, another memory trying to haunt her. She had had known of his return to Tokyo-3 and Class 2-A for a while now, but she hadn't looked into much more than that. Once the surprise had settled in, Michiko replied back:

"Matsuda: I dunno. You tell me."

[Insert Takeru telling her about Katsuko]

"Matsuda: She seems pretty normal to me; well, unless you count the fact the she's a loser, that is. :P Why are you asking"?

[Insert Takeru's explanation of Katsuko's behavior]

"Matsuda: Nothing new there. But enough about her; I want to hear about you. What have you been up to?"

She redirected the conversation to something more fitting her tastes. Who wanted to talk about some loser anyways, right?

--

Hikari Horaki
Class 2-A. Thursday, July 16th. 12:21AM

The day had been going on as any normal day would: the teacher stood at the front of the room, teaching his lesson in monotone; and the students would either listen or chat amongst themselves, either way being bored out of their minds. But no day could go without having something happen:

Class Rep: I am going to the library... Feel sick... Will go home if don't feel better

The words within the message failed to make sense in her head until she saw Raidon Watanabe get up from his seat and make a move for the door. With no choice and no time to think of a more suitable action, Hikari closed her computer and ran after the American; she didn't reach him until the hallway, and by then she had grabbed him by the wrist.

"What do you think you're doing? You can't just walk out whenever you feel like it; sick or not, you look well enough to have at least asked for a hall pass!"

"Getting yelled at, people talk I'm weird," he said. "Want to leave."

This frustrated her. "And you think other people want to be here? People have to do a lot of things they don't want to, Watanabe, but they do it anyways because they know that have to. Life isn't fair, and that's nothing new. At least be a boy and suck it up."

"I know, okay?" he found himself slipping back into English. "What do you want? I can hurt them, take their nonsense, or I can walk away." He watched her reactions twist from annoyance, to frustration, to an odd sense of, was it pity? "If I leave, they win. If I stay, they keep at it until I leave, and they win. I fight back, people get hurt, which means I get kicked out, and they still win. What do you want me to do?"

"By reacting to them the way you do you is only encouraging them; they know they can get a reaction out of you, so they keep it up hoping to amuse themselves. Don't give them that reason to keep going."

Watanabe closed his eyes, and rubbed at his freshly buzzed scalp. He tried to keep the conversation in Japanese, if only to humor the customs of this nation. However, it was difficult, and the lessons his grandparents forced upon him years ago were not coming back in full. "Dad made me come here, wants me be more Japanese."

This sudden change in topic somewhat confused her, but she tried her best to humor him. Sometimes the best thing to do is to let someone vent their emotions.

"He told me, made me swear I would be more....personable, less like robot. I want to be less like robot, but people here make it difficult."

"Then why not ignore them? Why do you care what others think about you, especially if you don't believe that about yourself anyways? If you know the truth then why should it matter what the others think?"

Baww... baww... "You don't know what it's like." Baww... Raidon stuff.

A flush of anger grew in her cheeks and she felt urged to slap him in that face of his. "I don't know what it's like? Are you really trying to go there? I'm the classroom representative. People call me 'Teacher's Pet', 'Goody-good Girl', all sorts of hurtful things; as the representative, I'm the one of the most well-known people in class, but also one of the more targeted. But you know what? I know better than that, and I don't let it get to me. You think I don't know what it's like? Don't you dare try to say that I don't know what it's like." She let out a deep breath, but remained in her composed anger and countenance.

Baww... baww... "I'm sorry!" Baww... Raidon stuff.

"Lets just go back to class. There's only a few hours left, and then you won't have to deal with them anymore, okay?" Hikari led him back into the classroom and waited for him to sit down before taking her own seat. When she made she he wasn't looking at her, she let out a great big sigh and rubbed her forehead.

(Katsuko's reaction to Takeru's dumbassery! Michiko's reaction to Takeru's dumbassery! And who would have thought it; Hikari's reaction to Raidon's dumbassery! Which dumbass shall it be next? Tune in next week for "Sachi and the Dumbasses!")
Last edited by Sachi on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Raidon Watanabe
Class 2-A. Thursday, July 16th, 1221 hours.

"Then why not ignore them? Why do you care what others think about you, especially if you don't believe that about yourself anyways? If you know the truth then why should it matter what the others think?"

For this, Raidon had to revert to English. The vocabulary, let alone the culture, didn't mesh with his thoughts on the matter. "Because the mob determines reality." Taking in a sharp breath, he felt his hands itch, wanting to reach out to someone, anyone, and- No, he had to stop this line of thinking. "You don't know what it's like..." He was about to expand on the ideas of Social Darwinism along with Objectivism, but he watched as a rather irritated tick in Hikari's eyebrows grew more exaggerated. It was a bad sign when he noticed things like that.

A flush of anger grew in her cheeks and she felt urged to slap him in that face of his. "I don't know what it's like? Are you really trying to go there? I'm the classroom representative. People call me 'Teacher's Pet', 'Goody-good Girl', all sorts of hurtful things; as the representative, I'm the one of the most well-known people in class, but also one of the more targeted. But you know what? I know better than that, and I don't let it get to me. You think I don't know what it's like? Don't you dare try to say that I don't know what it's like." She let out a deep breath, but remained in her composed anger and countenance.

Watanabe twitched, then instinctively fell back on his dead man strategy. He froze, refusing to give off any and all visual signals he was alive. His eyes locked directly on her face, but he could not keep them centered on her eyes, trying to read her. Instead, they shifted slowly over her face as the speech therapist suggested, trying to keep focus around her nose and mouth to appear non-threatening. "Sorry..."

"Lets just go back to class. There's only a few hours left, and then you won't have to deal with them anymore, okay?" Hikari led him back into the classroom and waited for him to sit down before taking her own seat. When she made sure he wasn't looking at her, she let out a great big sigh and rubbed her forehead.

Raidon looked away from the class rep, and stared mindlessly in front of his terminal. It was... odd. He felt sorry for barking at her about this, and especially as she was right. Being teased was the name of the game for being a class representative. It was just... How was it really different? Was it the fact he knew deep down he didn't fit in, that part of him never wanted to fit in, or function in a healthy social relationship amongst others?

He noticed the girls from before, and another message waiting for him on his laptop. He started to read it, then looked back to Hikari. She was dutifully paying attention to the instructor, and seemed somehow capable of keeping tabs on the activity in the classroom.

'She is... admirable,' he thought. 'Quite admirable.'

Disconnecting from the chat server, he turned back to the data on the NF-104, and on an impulsive thought, opened a second window, browsing the topic of mixed gender social interactions, and male initiation rituals.

1512 hours

Finishing the preference adjustments, blocking all but the class rep, Kaito's, and Kensuke's chat messages, Watanabe turned in the homework assignments, then looked back at his desk.

Already someone had placed a tack on his seat, waiting for the next day.

Shaking his head, Raidon looked back, noticing Hikari had not stayed for cleaning duty. Throwing the tack away, he left the classroom, remembering his promise to Kaito.

1526 hours

He walked cautiously to Room 314, never having been down this particular wing of the school before. It felt different, somehow, more sophisticated. Perhaps it was just being exposed to something new.

Walking in quietly, he searched for the furthest desk, and sat behind the others, until Yamada noticed him.

Kaito stuff

"Umm... yeah, okay," he answered, following him to the front desk, signing in

Open to Mystery Club stuff

Raidon stuff

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:57 pm

Kaito Yamada
Room 314, Tokyo-3 Municipal Junior High
Thursday, July 16th, 15:25hrs

Kaito was busy sorting out the Mystery Club files as the members started shuffling in. After he was reasonably happy with the amount of filing he had done, he turned to face the assembled members and sighed.

"The club's your's now, Yamada." Kimie had said to him, as he had said goodbye to her at the train station. She glared at him, smirking, "Take care of things until I get back."

Kaito had smirked right back, but it was an empty smirk. They both knew she probably wouldn't be coming back. Something was coming, the people of the city could feel it. The NERV forces were gearing up for something big. They'd been drilling people in emergency procedures for weeks. All the signs said that, for whatever reason, the city wasn't going to be a safe place to live very soon. And who knew how long this state of readiness would continue to be necessary. Kimie's parents were among several who had decided to vacate the city now, rather than find out what was going on the hard way.

Kaito and his family didn't have that option. They were under NERV's 'protection'. Kimie noticed the look on his face and touched his cheek making him look at her. "Hey...we'll meet again, Kaito."

"Yeah..." Kaito nodded, smiling weakly, not believing her for a second. "We'll meet again, Kimie-chan."

He'd enjoyed how that had made her blush. It might be the last chance he got to see her, how could he resist?

Kaito shook himself and noticed a seat filled that was normally unoccupied. Watanabe had shown up after all. Kaito coughed to gain the boy's attention, flashing his usual smirk, "Watanabe-kun, glad you could make it. Why don't you come up here and sign your name on the register?"

"Umm... yeah, okay," he answered, following him to the front desk, signing in

Once Raidon had made his mark he returned to his desk, which Kaito noted with a frown was neatly positioned at the back of the room, out of the way of most of the other members.

He sighed, and took a breath before addressing the room, "Alright! Good afternoon everyone, as you can see Idane-sempai is not here today. Some of you already know why, for those of you who don't I'll explain right now."

Kaito allowed his cheerful facade to drop as he delivered the news to the club, "Due to unforeseen circumstances, Idane-sempai's family have had to move back to Kyoto quite suddenly, so she is no longer able to fulfil her duties as club president."

He waited for all the gasps and groans of displeasure - some genuine, some faked rather poorly - to subside before continuing, "Before she left, Idane-sempai transferred presidency of the club over to me. As of now, I am club president, and I will continue to run things as Idane-sempai would have wanted."

There were some words of encouragement from some of the members, the rest waited patiently for Kaito to continue. "Now, before we get down to the caseload for today, I'm sure you'll all have noticed we have another student thinking about joining us, Raidon Watanabe of class 2A. Please be sure to make him feel welcome and help him to settle in."

The gathered members, nodded and gave affirmative responses, once again some more sincere than others. "Now, onto today's business..."

Shinji Ikari
Monorail Station
Thursday, July 16 2015, 15:27hrs

Shinji hung up the phone on the automated voice talking about lines being down due to the current state of emergency. "No use...the phones are out. No monorail service either. So now what am I supposed to do?"

He sighed pulling out the letter from his father as he sat down on the steps outside the monorail station, "Of course, something like this would happen to me when I'm supposed to be meeting someone."

He pulled out the photograph of the person he was supposed to meet, Misato Katsuragi. He quirked his lip at the arrow drawing his attention to her cleavage and blushed slightly, shaking himself before putting the photo away. "Weird lady. What does she do for my father anyway?"

More to the point, what does my father want me to do for him? He wouldn't send for me unless he needed something.

Shinji sighed once more, grabbing his travel bag, "No good sitting here...that announcement said something about shelters, maybe I should try and find one..." Right. How do I do that? Follow the signs? 'Shelter this way'? Yeah, right.

Shinji paused as he came down the steps, seeing a strange girl with blue hair standing in the middle of the street, she almost seemed to be glowing. She didn't do much else except stand there. She was staring right at him. He gulped.

Suddenly, something flew over his head, he looked up to see what it was. "A cruise missile? What the--"

He followed the missile's trajectory with his eyes and watched as it impacted on something. Something big. Humanoid looking. A giant monster. Shinji blinked, eyes widening, and turned back to warn the girl to run, but she was already gone. Guess she fled already. Shinji thought to himself, as he watched more missiles pepper the creature, with apparently no effect.

One of the VTOLs attacking the thing got swatted out of the sky, and Shinji saw the wreck spiraling towards him, so he ran. He heard the falling craft explode behind him, but something had sheilded him, he turned to find a car had screeched to a halt behind him. Miss Katsuragi held the passenger side door open, smiling at him brightly, "Sorry to keep you waiting! You're Ikari Shinji-kun right? I'm Katsuragi Misato, I'm here to pick you up."

Shinji wasted no time in jumping into the passenger seat and buckling up, wincing as the car tore off down the road, away from the thing, barely managing to shut the door behind him.

They sped off and after some distance had been put between them and the thing, Miss Katsuragi spoke up, , "Just so you know, that thing we saw is a mysterious lifeform called an Angel."

"Oh, uh...right." Shinji said, frowning slightly. Angel? Could have fooled me... "Thanks...for getting me out of there, I guess."

[Misato response. Something to the effect of 'couldn't let you die'.]

"No, I suppose not..." Shinji said, not sounding particularly concerned at the idea. Whatever will happen, will happen.

"Oh, that's right. Do you have the ID your father sent you?"

Shinji blinked at first, then realised what she meant and pulled out the letter, handing her the document with the piece of card stuck to it. She then dumped a book in his lap that said 'Welcome to NERV' on it. He frowned uncertainly, "NERV?"

"Nerv is a government organization, directly given orders from the U.N. I'm the Head of Operations and the Captain there." Misato continued, starting to force some cheerfulness, "We need you for something, but it shouldn't be for some time, so don't worry about it just yet."

"I figured. Father wouldn't send for me unless he had a 'use' for me." Shinji replied bitterly.

Kaito chairs his first Mystery Club meeting as Club President. Meanwhile, Shinji Ikari has arrived.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Ritsuko Akagi
NERV HQ, Command Deck
Thursday, July 16 2015, 15:29hrs

Ritsuko Akagi arrived on the command deck with her clipboard in hand and reported to Subcommander Fuyutsuki, "I've just come back from the cages, Sub-Commander. Unit-01 will be ready for activation by the time the target arrives within the city."

Fuyutsuki commenting on lack of a pilot.

"That shouldn't be a concern."

Fuyutsuki asking if she means Rei.

Strange. Ritsuko had thought the commander would have informed his second-in-command of the Third Children's arrival. But if the man was not aware of that arrangement, then there must have been some reason why Gendo didn't inform him. So she decided to keep him in the dark for now, "If it comes to that, it may be necessary."

Fuyutsuki making some comment on the distastefulness of the situation.

"It may seem cruel, but only the Children can pilot Eva. If there's even a chance of success then we have little alternative."

Fuyutsuki's response, dismissal of Akagi.

Ritsuko nodded, "Yes sir. Good day."

Then she turned around and went back to oversee the preparations for Unit-01's activation.

Daisuke Yamada
NERV HQ, Section 2 PhysSec Director's Office

Daisuke Yamada sat at his laptop with a coffee in hand, staring at the screen in front of him. He had been trying to get information regarding the shadowy mercenary outfit known as Thanatos, and had noticed that NERV had a file under that name.

A file that the display in front of him was informing him plainly he needed Level 5 clearance to view. The highest level of classification NERV had.

What the hell? Daisuke thought to himself. What does NERV know about these bastards that's so big they have to keep it quiet.

He sighed. Under the circumstances, there were only a few persons he could turn to for assistance. But which one should he turn to? Who could he trust the most?

Doctor Akagi reports the status of Eva-01 to Fuyutsuki. Daisuke Yamada hits a snag in his investigations.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Kozo Fuyutsuki
NERV HQ, Command Deck
Thursday, July 16 2015, 15:29hrs

He looked out over the command tier, and down to the lower decks. They had been through these drills before each week since NERV was founded. However, regardless how rehearsed their duties, the professor noticed each officer moved with a nervous, heightened awareness. Leiutenant Ibuki in particular seemed to hesitate with each action, if only for a fraction of a second.

'We've waited 15 years, and we're still stumbling in the dark.

It was then the soft, deliberate steps of Doctor Akagi sounded from behind.

I've just come back from the cages, Sub-Commander. Unit-01 will be ready for activation by the time the target arrives within the city."

Kozo raised an eyebrow. "So we have a weapon. But with the dummy plug system development so far off, how are we meant to implement it?"

"That shouldn't be a concern."

Fuyutsuki turned to face Ritsuko, and stared. "You don't mean deploying Rei, do you?"

"If it comes to that, it may be necessary."

The professor's arthritic hands clenched down on the railing of his station, his arms taunt, and his head sagging. "That's not an option," he argued. "We can't send her out like that." But then he reminded himself, that was what she was designed for, and in all aspects of their duties, they could send her. Muttering under his breath, the old man gazed out at the projected path of the enemy on the main display. "Using Children like that? Didn't the UN step in to eliminate nations that did that before the treaty?"

"It may seem cruel, but only the Children can pilot Eva. If there's even a chance of success then we have little alternative."

"I failed most students that thought that way," he grumbled. Funny, he thought, how ethics were less concerning now with his responsibilities. "Keep us apprised on Unit-01's activation status."

Ritsuko nodded, "Yes sir. Good day."

As the doctor left, Fuyutsuki's hands remained clamped down on the railing as his knees creaked, and his body straightened. As his heart pounded and seized, he placed another tablet on his tongue, working it back deliberately as he closed his eyes.

"Can't bring myself to do it," he muttered.

Raidon Watanabe
Tokyo-3 Junior High Mystery Club
Thursday, July 16th, 2015, 1536 hours

Kaito did not seem happy with his seating arrangement, or his decision to keep quiet. Raidon knew he was brave, at least when it came to solitary activities. When it came to others, though, he felt a certain dread. Baby steps, he had reminded himself.

Baby steps, however, was not the approach Yamada expected from someone so enthusiastic about the group before.

Kaito discussing the particulars of a case, and asking if anyone has leads?

Watanabe blinked, then raised his hand. Suddenly everyone's eyes were on him, the feeling of dread creeping into the back of his brain. What had he walked into this time?

"Umm... yes, Watanabe-san?" Kaito asked

"Well..." he started in English, then reminded himself 'Japanese.' "What if we..." he paused, trying to think of the words. The others started turning back to Kaito, but Yamada was watching, waiting for a result. Frustrated, the words not coming to him, Raidon switched back to English. "Skip trace," he explained.

Kaito raised an eyebrow.

"What?" Raidon asked. "An uncle of mine does collections work."

Open to more Mystery Club stuff.

Fuyutsuki and Raidon stuff[/quote]

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:38 am

Shinji Ikari
NERV HQ Vehicular Access
Thursday, July 16 2015, 16:01hrs

The car elevator descended through the earth for a while as Shinji and Misato sat in silence, then suddenly light poured in through the car windows, and Shinji gasped at the sight before him. "Wow! It's a real geofront, isn't it?"

[Misato, 'mankind's greatest hope', blah, blah, the party line. Any further Misato/Shinji interaction.]

Shinji Ikari and Ritsuko Akagi
NERV HQ Corridors
16:38hrs

They had arrived in NERV HQ shortly thereafter and after about half an hour they still hadn't gotten off the conveyor system. Shinji was starting to wonder if they ever would, as he peaked over the NERV handbook at their surroundings. "Misato-san, I think we've passed by this section twice already, are we lost?"

[Misato denies it.]

"Uh huh." Shinji grumbled disbelievingly, "So, we are lost."

[Misato, false cheer, optimism, blah, blah.]

A lift door opened behind the two lost souls and Ritsuko Akagi stepped out, clearing her throat as she called after them. "Major Katsuragi!"

[Misato, 'uh oh, busted']

"What's wrong with you Misato, you've been here long enough, you should know the way by now. I don't have time to chase around after you. We're short-staffed as it is."

[Misato apologising.]

Ritsuko sighed, no use getting annoyed at her now, she was here already. She glanced down at the young boy who was with Misato and smiled blandly, "So, is this the boy?"

[Misato introduces them both.]

"Uh, pleased to meet you, Doctor Akagi." Shinji bowed, smiling sheepishly.

"Likewise, Shinji-kun." Ritsuko nodded, before locking eyes with Misato, "If you would both follow me, time is short, and there's something I'd like to show you, Shinji."

"Show me?" Shinji parroted feebly, "Like what?"

"It would be better if you saw it for yourself." Ritsuko told him, smirking conspiratorially.

[Open to Misato/Ritsuko/Shinji interaction.]

Ritsuko Akagi meets the Third Children as he arrives in NERV HQ.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”