[RP]Reaction: The Side Not Seen.

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

[RP]Reaction: The Side Not Seen.

Postby Legendary » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:41 pm

This is a fresh start. Note that this beginning will be a bit slow while we line up certain chars, so don't expect a lot of plot development right away. To begin:

Toji Suzuhara
(Tokyo-3 Junior High) Early Morning July 16

Toji sighed as he walked into the school building. When he got to Class 2-A, he quickly sat down next to Kensuke. "Hey man."

Kensuke talk.

Toji looked around the classroom once before his eyes fell on Nakada. "She's pretty sexy, huh? You think I should ask her out?"

Kensuke's responses and anything honsou wants to say
Last edited by Legendary on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 9 times in total.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Raidon Watanabe
(Tokyo-3 Junior High) Thursday, July 16, 2015, 0730 hours

He stared out the window, and quietly observed the other students while toggling through the three latest webpages he found on the NF-104 Starfighter. Nothing exciting had happened. Well, no, that wasn't entirely true. There was that new student everyone was talking about. Of course, everyone always talked about new students.

Raidon Watanabe looked at Ayanami, and returned to his computer. Then he paused, and looked back at Rei. He didn't know how to proceed, but he knew if he were to even have a chance, he had to initiate the conversation.

Bringing up the private message system on the local school network, he sent the message:

Ayanami, it's Raidon. Is everything okay?

He watched and waited for a response. Five minutes and forty-seven seconds passed, and the girl had not so much as flinched.

While Watanabe was a stranger to Japan, he knew the classic rule of "first to speak loses" still applied in all cultures. The concept of the humorous, self-mocking romantic interest was just asking for a female to take his manhood from him. He would not allow that to happen.

Still...

Sighing, he typed a second message, and hoped for the best.

Ayanami, is everything alright?

It took a moment, but the girl shifted in her seat, and a response was sent back to his terminal.

What is it, Watanabe-san?

he was about to type a response, but suddenly, another message popped up on the screen.

I am needed at Nerv. Goodbye.

Wait, NERV? She worked for them? He had heard stories of students his age working alongside the officers and technicians from his father, but he couldn't possibly believe it. While Rei was smart, it didn't make sense. What would a military organization want with a kid?

Before he could ask, however, she was gone.

"..Damnnit," he cursed, and went back to the history of flight testing the Starfighter. 'One of these days,' he thought.

[Raidon attends another day at class, and starts a likely one-sided conversation with Rei
Last edited by GoatMan on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Rei Ayanami.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:27 pm

Rei Ayanami
Classroom 2-A. Thursday, July 16 2015, 7:30 AM

Rei Ayanami was clad in the standard school-uniform of Tokyo-3's junior high. Bandages covered her right eye and left arm as she sat in the back of Class 2-A.

Bandages that were a result of that experiment. The day that person had risked his own safety, possibly his own life, just to save her.

She exists solely for that person's sake. Because that person needs her.

Because he needs her, the person known as Rei Ayanami.

Ignoring the warmth spreading throughout her body, she stared out at the window, watching the blue sky. Disinterested in the activity of her fellow classmates, including the screen of her laptop lighting up, indicating a private message sent to her a few moments prior.

Rei wondered how much longer she would have to wait before she could return to nothing.

Ayanami.

Rei blinked. Out of the corner of her good eye, Rei noticed her computer screen continuing to blink. Reading the message, Rei couldn't help but feel puzzled.

Why would somebody feel the need to contact her? She didn't understand.

With a slight shrug, the blue-haired girl replied: What, Watanabe-san?
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:37 pm

Sachiel

Something is moving. Flying. Mother isn't here. They don't hurt. Ignore them. Just keep going. Such strange things stick out of the ground. All square.

March on. The flying things shoot other flying things at me. AT Field. Doesn't hurt. Keep marching.

Mother is far away.

Have to reach mother.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:40 pm

Katsuko Kotonoha
Classroom 2-A. Thursday, July 16th. 7:30AM.

Emerald eyes lay hidden behind round spectacles, focused intently on the page before her; pencil gripped and kept steady as it arched along the college-ruled paper. The dark-haired girl sat somewhat slouched; her legs, striped black and white by knee-high socks, were propped upon the support bars on her desk. A typical day at school for the young Katsuko Kotonoha, and today was shaping up to be no different for her.

She tucked her hair behind her ear and looked out toward the sky, unaware of the events to come.

--

Michiko Nakada
Tokyo-3 neighborhood. Thursday, July 16th. 7:30AM.

"Okay Mr. Sasaki! We'll be off to school now; be back soon!" Michiko waved her hand while skipping away from the Sasaki residence, Mami Sasaki dragged along in her other hand. Turning another corner, the pair stopped and dropped their bags. "Geez, your dad is real oblivious, isn't he?" The two loosened their collars and began applying makeup.

"Yeah, he thinks you're a real angel, and the ideal friend to be my role model." Mami Sasaki giggled, brushing the ugly center-part out of her shoulder-length, black hair.

"Well, he thinks you're not a complete bitch." Michiko teased. "At least I don't have to lie to my parents."

"That's only because my daddy is a real pencil-pusher and wouldn't let me go out at all if he knew how things really were." Mami pulled a ring out of her bag and placed it upon her left hand. "Besides, having a dad that thinks her daughter is perfect is great when it comes to shopping!"

"He knows as well as I do that you're just a goody-girl." The long, brown-haired girl grabbed Mami's hand and held it up. "This ring is proof enough."

Tearing her hand from Michiko's grip, Mami stuck her tongue out childishly and charged toward school, bag in hand; Michiko had no choice but to follow, smiling, and the two arrived just in time for school to start.

(Brief introductory to Katsuko Kotonoha, and Michiko Nakada; Michiko's side also introduced her best friend Mami Sasaki as the two headed for school.)
Last edited by Sachi on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

A sense of duty.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Rei Ayanami
Classroom 2-A. Thursday, July 16 2015, 7:32 AM

Rei had sent her reply, asking Watanabe-san what he needed.

Blinking, ears perking up, Rei looked out the window once more. She wasn't sure how, yet... Somehow, she could sense it.

She was needed. It was time.

The sudden ring of her cell-phone confirmed her thoughts. A check-up appointment with Doctor Akagi. Additionally, orders to be on standby in case the spare pilot didn't arrive.

Duty. Orders. Assisting that person.

I am needed at Nerv. Goodbye.

Sending the message to her classmate Watanabe, Rei adjusted her bandages and then excused herself from the classroom.

Limping ever so slightly, her body was still in immense pain from the other day's accident. Yet she had no choice but to ignore the pain.

There was a mission she was ordered to fulfill.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Searching for the 3rd Children.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:32 pm

Misato Katsuragi
Somewhere in Hakone (Tokyo-3). Thursday, July 16 2015, 8:05 AM

"Jeez, this is bad! Why can't I find him when needed? Maybe I'm early for once?"

Captain Misato Katsuragi focused brown eyes on the road while driving, nervous.

"Or", she muttered as an after-thought, "I'm just as horribly lost as I am at Nerv." Adjusting her sunglasses, Misato kept on driving. Maybe he's in the next town over?

She was completely unaware of the turn her day would take.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:29 am

Kozo Fuyutsuki
NERV Headquarters, Tokyo-3. Thursday, July 16th, 2015, 0802 hours

Taking a breath as he stepped off the elevator to the highest pillar of the command tier, Fuyutsuki studied the former student glaring over the officers below. He always hated these shared shifts between him and the Commander, having his former pupil's husband breathing down his neck. He had a hard enough job trying to get the military and civilian contractors to cooperate, but to then have his superior directly observe everything he did to provide his master with the necessary results, he wondered why his failing heart wouldn't simply end it.

When he was told he could have a part in shaping the future, he didn't think it would be as the middle-man and peacemaker between the United Nations, the old men, and the Japanese government.

Standing at the railing, Kozo stood at attention, and looked out to the main display, studying the deployment of the JSSDF forces. "They're almost in place?"

Gendo response

"When do our Self-Defense Forces friends get here?"

Just then, he heard the arguing amongst the generals just one tier below. Most of the conversation involved the proper placement of mobile artillery and tanks. Useless talk, anyway, thought the professor. The Scrolls and the research for the last fourteen years proved these weapons would have no effect.

Still, why not let the jarheads play with their toys? They could break whatever they wanted, while humanity's future would quietly be entrusted to the world of science.

Another thought, silently brewing in the man's head for several weeks, finally surfaced.

"Are you sure he will come?"

Gendo response

How did he know Gendo would say that?

Fuyutsuki takes his station for the day shift
Last edited by GoatMan on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Hikari Horaki
Class 2-A. Thursday, July 16th. 7:55AM.

Brushing her bangs to the side, the classroom representative stood up in front of her peers. The homeroom teacher hadn't arrived yet, so she decided to take attendance herself.

"Aida, Kensuke?"

Kensuke just saying "here".

"Akimoto, Akira?"

"Here!"

"Ayanami, Rei?"

Silence.

"Ayanami...? Ayanami...? Ayanami...?" She continued on in a monotone.

"She had to leave for... doctor, Horaki-san," Raidon answered simply.

"What? But school hasn't even started yet! Oh right, she did have those injuries. Maybe she wasn't feeling good. Alright, well, moving on." The class rep continued taking attendance.

"Kotonoha, Katsuko?"

"Here." The bespectacled girl didn't even look up as she raised her left hand. Instead, her expression looked bored and out the window, as if she were counting the minutes until school got out, which she probably was.

Right as her name was called, Michiko Nakada and Mami Sasaki rushed into the classroom. The pair called out, "here!" simultaneously.

"Hey, do you two need to start waking up earlier to get you to class on time? Both of you have already been tardy twice this week." Hikari seemed to gain a rough, harsh tone when asserting her authority. "Shape up or I'll have to start giving detentions."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." The pair sat down at their adjacent desks.

The coffee-haired class rep finished attendance and continued on towards the morning announcements.

Open for interaction with any of my three high school Angels until the teacher arrives, if anybody wishes to.

(Introductory to Hikari Horaki as she takes attendance.)
Last edited by Sachi on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby honsou » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:57 pm

Kensuke Aida(Tokyo-3 Junior High) Early Morning July 16

Kensuke look at his computer screen, lost in the latest tech designs of military hardware.

"Hey man."

"Hey there Toji, your a bit late"

"She's pretty sexy, huh? You think I should ask her out?"

"Well your right on that first part, but I'm about 99% sure you'd get shot down in a heart beat."

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:13 am

Raidon Watanabe
Tokyo-3 Municipal Junior High, Thursday, July 16th, 2015, 0756 hours

Watanabe looked up as Hikari started down the attendance sheet. She was working through the names by the Latin alphabet, so he had a while to wait. However, when she reached a certain name, he knew he would have to speak up. That girl didn't have anyone who would spot for her.

"Ayanami, Rei?"

"Ayanami...? Ayanami...? Ayanami...?" She continued on in a monotone.

"She had to leave for... doctor, Horaki-san," Raidon answered simply.

He could recall Soryu's disapproval of this when they had first spoken about the subject. She still didn't seem to understand his interest in the girl. Of course, if he had explained to her his interest, he most likely would have been labeled a pervert by the redhead.

"What? But school hasn't even started yet! Oh right, she did have those injuries. Maybe she wasn't feeling good. Alright, well, moving on..."

Michiko and Mami eventually arrived, as per usual. Watanabe glared at them for a minute, but returned to his terminal, plugging away at random technical information. Humans were so infuriating, he thought. Machines were so much easier to understand.

As attendance was completed, the instructor still had not arrived. The students shuffled through social activities with ease, while Watanabe just sat there. He felt the stares of the others on him, or was it simply paranoia? He couldn't tell anymore, but felt his skin over his spine itch in frustration. He thought he could hear the whispers, but the ringing in his ears had chosen just two minutes ago to start up again. He needed to get up and leave, going somewhere, anywhere there wasn't more than three or four people.

He sighed, and stood up, moving slowly towards the Class Rep.

"Horaki-san... I mean... Hikari," he started, trying to remember his attempt to make friends with the girl.

Hikari response

"Hikari... this sound stupid, but I have problem." He watched as the girl cringed. He knew his Japanese was horrible. He only started learning it a couple years ago, and he wasn't that interested in studying in it when he lived in Nevada. What he did manage to piece together was rough, but it got him through, much to his grandparents' disapproval.

Hikari response

"I can't deal with people right now. Want friends, but can't-"

He looked around nervously, thinking he saw eyes staring, and then turning back to their work, their owners trying to avoid being caught.

Hikari questions/responses

"Can we talk English? Much easier for me."

Hikari response

Raidon forced a false, mechanical smile, and nodded his head in appreciation. "It's... it's a brain thing, okay?" He averted his eyes, and thought he heard snickering in the distance. "I'm not good with people, and the gaijin thing... makes it worse."

Hikari response

"A club might work," he suggested. "Language is a problem, though. Ugh... why does everyone look at me like I'm insane?"

He noticed the girl twitch and give him a strange look, but he shrugged it off. Hikari response

"Thanks, Hikari. You're pretty cool."

He watched the girl blush, and decided to PM Asuka.

Asuka... question. Did I say everything to Hikari okay? I must have come off like an idiot.

Hikari and Asuka interaction

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:14 pm

Kaito and Mai Yamada
Early Morning, July 16th
Yamada Residence, Tokyo-3

Kaito Yamada awoke from his bed knowing that he had scarcely had four hours of sleep the previous night. There wasn't much he could do about it though, he had to get up and get ready for school.

Quickly showering and freshening himself up, he changed into his school clothes and came out into the living room. He then helped himself to some buttered toast and coffee, preparing the same for Mai, except substituting the coffee for orange juice. He then put out the breakfast on the dining table and stepped out into the living room, glancing at the door to his father's room.

He stepped over to the door and slid it open to peek inside. As expected, there was no sign of the Yamada elder. Another all-nighter at NERV, huh father? Kaito thought sourly, sliding the door shut again.

Kaito returned to the kitchen and pulled out a pair of bentos, one he placed next to his own spot on the table, the other he placed next to Mai's.

Mai came out shortly afterwards, a bundle of energy, dressed and ready to go. She snorted at the drink left out for her, whining, 'Orange juice again?'

'That's right.' Kaito told her good-naturedly, 'You're quite hyperactive enough without giving you coffee.' Kaito watched Mai wolf down her toast hurriedly and rolled his eyes, 'Chew Mai, chew. You'll make yourself ill.'

Mai just rolled her eyes, 'Don't have enough time, I'm going to be late for school. So will you, baka-niichan, you'd better hurry up.' Kaito sighed and sat down to eat his own toast and coffee. He noted Mai staring at the empty seat at the head of the table and smiled at her sympathetically. 'Dad didn't come home again last night?'

'No.' Kaito told her tiredly, 'No, he didn't.'

'He's been gone a lot lately. Did you two have another fight?' Mai looked at Kaito accusingly.

'No.' Kaito replied tersely, 'Why is it you have to assume it's automatically my fault?'

'Because it usually is.'

'Just eat your breakfast, Mai.'

'Done already.' Mai said, swallowing the last bit of toast, washing it down with some juice before grabbing her bookbag and bento, and heading for the door. 'See you later, oniichan.' Kaito watched her dart out towards the door, and listened as the door slid open and shut as she left. He returned to munching on his own toast, and sipping his coffee. He'd make it to school on time, barely. He always did.

Daisuke Yamada and Ritsuko Akagi
Morning
Ritsuko's Office, NERV HQ, Tokyo-3 Geofront

'Come.' Ritsuko said at the sound of the door being knocked. The door slid open to admit Daisuke Yamada, head of Section 2's Physical Security division.

'Hey Doctor Akagi,' The man smiled sheepishly, even knowing they'd gone through this routine enough times for it not to bother her. 'Mind if I borrow some coffee?'

Borrow some coffee, now there was a strange term of phrase. After all, he was hardly going to give her the coffee back when he was done. Or at least she hoped he wouldn't. 'Of course, Yamada-san. Help yourself.'

'Thanks.' Daisuke smiled a bright, grateful smile at her and made his way over to the coffee pot, retrieving one of the mugs she kept there for guests and pouring himself some of the hot, steaming liquid. Daisuke claimed the coffee in the cafeteria and the vending machines offended his tastebuds, but it still puzzled Ritsuko why he always had to come to her office for his fix. He got enough off of his salary to afford his own coffee pot after all. 'So, how are things here in Section 1 then? Anything new on the go?'

'Nothing you need to be concerned with.' Or at least, nothing I can tell you about, Ritsuko added quietly to herself. 'Things are rather slow right now, they won't pick up again until the new pilot arrives.'

'I heard about the incident with Unit Zero's activation, you weren't hurt I hope?' Daisuke asked with a frown.

'No, it was rather close though.' Ritsuko replied, suppressing a shudder.

'I see, well at least you're okay. How's the pilot?'

'She is recovering.' Ritsuko said, her tone growing a bit chillier than she intended.

'That's good, I guess, you'll be trying again I take it?'

'Once pilot Ayanami has made a full recovery, yes.'

There was another knock on the door just then, Ritsuko glanced past Daisuke at the door and called out again, 'Come.'

[Open to interaction with Anita/Maia/Other NERV personnel.]

Kaito Yamada
Morning
Tokyo-3 Municipal Junior High School, Tokyo-3

Another day, another tedious lecture about Second Impact. Even mathematics would have been preferable to Kaito. He rolled his eyes as the teacher droned on and on, turning his attention to his computer and the website that he had established a secure connection to, via a dummy link posing as a porn site.

He was catching himself up with the latest conspiracy theories of the group referring to themselves as the Three Wise Guys. Kaito himself had established ties with the Wise Guys via his investigations as part of the Mystery Club, and they exchanged knowledge and expertise every now and then.

From there, he moved onto a site documenting Fortean Phenomenon in the Tokyo-3 area, taking note of several such cases for the Mystery Club's interest.

Then he moved on to checking his e-mail.

[Open to interaction from other classmates/etc.]

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Gendo Ikari
NERV Headquarters, Tokyo-3. Thursday, July 16th, 2015, 0802 hours

Gendo watched. It was what he was best at.

Nearby, Kozo stood at attention, and looked out to the main display, studying the deployment of the JSSDF forces. "They're almost in place?"

"Close enough."

"When do our Self-Defense Forces friends get here?"

Gendo didn't answer. Fuyutsuki would hear the bickering soon enough. Gendo looked over various displays at his desk, each one glowing electronically with useful information.

"Are you sure he will come?"

"There are no alternatives."

Takeru Matsuda

So they were here after all. Takeru looked from one girl, to the other. It was nice to see familiar faces, though they were significantly older. Another reminder of just how much had changed.

He'd barely paid attention to names and faces, but now that they were there, it was clear what he should do. He hastily typed out a PM.

Katsuko: It's me, Takeru. You know, that kid from a few years back? Sorry I didn't say hello earlier, I didn't recognize you. You gotta tell me how you've been. You *and* Michiko! :D

Gendo prepares, Takeru attempts to make contact with an old friend.
Last edited by Legendary on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Hikari Horaki
Class 2-A. Thursday, July 16th. 7:59AM

As Hikari was finishing her morning routine with getting the class set and ready to go for the day, Raidon Watanabe came up toward her. Raidon transferred to this school this year from America and his Caucasian appearance made him stick out like a sore thumb around here; on top of that, he didn't seem to have any friends other than Asuka, who had only just showed up the other day. It made the class representative smile that it seemed the poor fellow was finally starting to fit in. Safety within cultures, I suppose.

"Horaki-san... I mean... Hikari," he started, trying to remember his attempt to make friends with the girl.

"Yes? Did you need something Watanabe-san?" She didn't quite catch that he was trying to be less formal with her as to tear down some barriers.

"Hikari... this sound stupid, but I have problem."

Hikari cringed at Watanabe's preschool vocabulary, but tried to be as understanding as she could. Apparently he wasn't fully prepared to immerse himself in a Japanese world by the time he arrived. Hopefully dropping in the deep end of the pool will be the push he needs. "Is something wrong? Has Matsuda-san been teasing you again?"

"I can't deal with people right now. Want friends, but can't-"

He looked around nervously, thinking he saw eyes staring, and then turning back to their work, their owners trying to avoid being caught.

"Well, I, uhm, don't underst--" She caught herself and continued, "What exactly do you want me to do?"

"Can we talk English? Much easier for me."

"Oh, uhm, okay. Pardon me if I get my English wrong. Ahem." She closed her eyes and cleared her throat to transition to English, "Better?"

Raidon forced a false, mechanical smile, and nodded his head in appreciation. "It's... it's a brain thing, okay?" He averted his eyes, and thought he heard snickering in the distance. "I'm not good with people, and the gaijin thing... makes it worse."

"You have not found the right people. Maybe a club or something similar can be a way for you to find friends? People with similar interests as you. Right?"

"A club might work," he suggested. "Language is a problem, though. Ugh... why does everyone look at me like I'm insane?" He noticed the girl twitch and give him a strange look, but he shrugged it off.

The class representative tried not to seem unsure of herself by continuously recomposing herself and speaking with a confident voice. "They do not understand you. That is all. Join a club and talk to people. They will soon come to understand you and it will be easier, okay?"

"Thanks, Hikari. You're pretty cool."

She blushed at his last comment as the American returned to his seat. Noticing the stares of the students, she coughed and regained her composure. "Alright, everybody back to work. The teacher should be here shortly."

Katsuko Kotonoha

Her pencil dropped from her desk. Hm? Katsuko looked down and watched as it rolled down a bit, to the front legs of the desk behind her. Stretching her body, she reached from behind her chair and picked up her pencil. As she pulled herself up, she briefly made eye contact with a student on the other side of the room, but as soon as it was made it was broken as Katsuko returned her position to her desk.

For a few minutes she twiddled about at her desk: drawing small pictures, organizing a few papers, fixing her socks, but then a small alert came up on her laptop.

"Katsuko: It's me, Takeru. You know, that kid from a few years back? Sorry I didn't say hello earlier, I didn't recognize you. You gotta tell me how you've been. You *and* Michiko! :D"

She blinked, attempting to register what she had just received. She wasn't aware that the infamous Takeru Matsuda had returned to Tokyo-3. Tentatively, she brought her hands the the keyboard.

"Matsuda: Me and Michiko? >_> Very funny. I've been just peachy. Same as always, but you'd have to know what 'always' is like for me in order to know. :P As for Michiko, you can ask her yourself."

She hesitated before hitting enter and let out a sigh when she did. She hadn't talked to Matsuda in years and had honestly forgotten about him until now. Everything more than a few years back seemed like an unreal, yet painful blur to her, and she tried not to think too far into the past. Though, her memories of Takeru seemed to be more fond than anything else.

Takeru's reply and directing the conversation.

(Hikari gives Raidon advices and Katsuko receives a message from an old friend.)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Wanting to help that person.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:27 am

Rei Ayanami
Nerv HQ. Thursday, July 16 2015, 8:30 AM

Rei calmly sat in the patient room for her appointment with Doctor Akagi.

"Hello, Rei."

"Hello." A beat. "Doctor Akagi, will I pilot Eva-01 if the new pilot doesn't arrive?" Rei undressed and removed her bandages.

"That is yet to be determined, Rei. Now, let's how see your wounds are healing."

Her wounds had reopened, blood leaking out. ...She'd probably be ordered to rest at Nerv.

"Yes." Rei was given orders, she had no other choice but to follow them to the best of her ability. Following orders would help that person--the person who cared for her, and the person that would allow her to fulfill her own wish.

"Hold still while I apply fresh bandages, alright?"

"Yes." She wasn't sure what, or why but... somehow, Rei knew. That ever since she could remember, she felt that there was something...unnatural about her. That she wasn't like other people her age. What was it? Why? And would she want to know the truth if and when she'd find out?

"Now, I want you to rest up in your room for a few days and give these wounds a chance to heal. Is that clear?"

"Yes." Rei nodded in reply.

After a moment, Ritsuko added, "That will be all, you can leave now."

"Yes, Doctor Akagi."

The pilot of Eva-00 did as told, heading towards her hospital room to sleep, waiting for further orders.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Anti-Goth » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:42 am

Shigeru Aoba
Nerv Headquaters, Tokyo-3 Geofront. Thursday, July 16th, 2015, 0800 hours.

Shigeru leaned back in the chair at his station, idly watching the displays on the console screen. As of right now, it seemed nothing unusual was transpiring. No activation tests were in progress, no drills were scheduled. If he didn’t know better, he might say it looked like it was going to be just a normal day at Nerv.

But Shigeru had never been an optimist. At Nerv your day could take a turn for the worse when you least expected it. As if to confirm his suspicions, a too-familiar voice suddenly spoke up behind him.

“Have you compiled the data I requested, Lt. Aoba?” it inquired in a flat tone.

He turned to face the female technician with a grimace and handed her the sheaf of papers pushed to one side of his work station. “Nice to see you’ve come up for air, Griffith.”

She didn’t reply at first; her eyes were already darting over the printouts. “There’s a discrepancy between the initial alpha scan and what it entered into the log…did you make an error?”

“No,” Shigeru replied irritably “I’ve already checked it. That’s the correct reading.”

“Very well,” Griffith turned on her heel and walked off towards the exit.

“Didn’t even say thank you,” muttered Shigeru, turning back to his console “…no surprise there.” It looked like his day was already off to an unpromising start.

Aoba starts his workday, and Anita makes her first appearance.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Maya Ibuki
Nerv HQ. Thursday, July 16th. 8:15PM.

A young woman stopped in front of the door, straightening her coat before knocking gently against the cold surface.

"Come."

Nodding, as if in response, Maya Ibuki stepped into the room, clipboard in hand. Her uniform was ironed and creased with such precision that it seemed it had just come from the dry cleaner not five minutes earlier, her first lieutenant badge perfectly paralleled her name tag. She confronted her blond superior at her desk, and bowed seeking permission to speak, making a similar, yet smaller gesture toward the other man in the room. Ritsuko nodded at her, and Maya began.

"Ma'am. Rei Ayanami has arrived for her appointment. I told her to wait for you in her usual room."

"Thank you, Lieutenant." Ritsuko nodded at her, glancing over towards Daisuke, "I have to attend to this, Yamada-san, please let yourself out if I'm not back when you're finished."

Daisuke smiled understandingly, grateful that Ritsuko had not asked him to leave right then. It showed that she trusted him not to snoop around her office while she was out. "No problem, Doctor, I'll see you later."

Ritsuko nodded once more, then walked out of the room, Ibuki following close behind her. Daisuke finished off his coffee, and then returned to his office.

Maya followed closely behind the doctor and kept her eyes directly ahead of her, though from time to time they strayed unto her superior. Ritsuko always looked like she knew what she was doing no matter what the situation, a trait that Maya Ibuki could only wish to have someday. With time, however, under the doctor's instruction Maya could soon learn to be just like Ritsuko: strong-willed, intelligent and in-control. She had already become the more responsible among her two close coworkers, Shigeru Aoba and Makoto Hyuga, and her typing speed has more than doubled since she began working under Dr. Akagi.

They arrived at the medical wing and entered the room Rei was occupying. Ayanami had her usual bored, blank expression. Even as she removed her clothing and bandages, her countenance didn't change; she didn't even seem embarrassed undressing in front of two other people, the quality of a good patient in front of a doctor. They had a hell of a time getting Asuka undressed for her physical exam when she arrived; something about doing it differently here in Japan as opposed to Germany.

Maya grimaced slightly, yet held back her cast so as to not give off any signs of her weakness in front of the doctor. She felt bad for what had happened to the young pilot; such a tragic accident. But Maya had faith that Ritsuko would find the source of the problem and it'll be fixed as soon as possible so such a thing would never happen again.

The young lieutenant could only observe as the appointment as carried out between Dr. Akagi and Rei Ayanami.

(Introduction to Maya Ibuki as she accompanies Ritsuko to Rei's appointment.)
Last edited by Sachi on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:11 am

Asuka Langley Soryu

(Tokyo-3 Junior High) Early Morning July 16

Upon activation of the Eva, the LCL undergoes a phase shift, after which its viscosity and opacity resemble that of air. One of many facts painfully burned into her memory by years of studying, pouring over precariously balanced piles of textbooks, reading until her eyes ached. She had to be better than that other woman’s child. The ghosts of half-remembered lessons constantly drifted in and out of her thoughts.

Asuka Langley Soryu sat hunched over her Wonder Swan, her elbows digging into her desk. Why were they making her go to school with little children? The Japanese educational system was hopelessly outdated and held no interest for her at all. Three days of listening to the old teacher spew his government propaganda were already too much.

An interface headset is integral to making a neural connection between a pilot and his or her Evangelion.

She hated having to wear the same blue-green sailor outfit as everyone else. Except for her interface headset, there was nothing to mark her as special. Anyone would think she was just another schoolgirl. But what did she have in common with those idiots? It would be like comparing a microbe to the moon; she was the product of an elite sperm and an elite egg, destined from birth to be a special person.

In college they had thought of her as a curiosity. It was so adorable, a child pretending to be an adult.

Loneliness shouldn't bother her. She'd decided that a long time ago.

At the scale of human beings, matter tends to behave as particles (discrete individual units), while electromagnetic radiation (including light) behaves as waves.

Asuka brushed a strand of strawberry-blond hair out of her line of vision, trying to focus on her game. She loved video games for their fairness, their lack of ambiguity. You could always come out on top if you tried hard enough.

Metaphysical Biology is the study of the human soul as a tangible object composed of particle wave matter. It gained legitimacy due to the research of Leopold König at the end of the last century. She had learned that in college. They hadn’t taught her how to live outside of Nerv or how to stop crying at night or how to talk to people instead of the monkey doll she kept under her bed or how to stop the sunflower dream she became lost in as soon as she closed her eyes, looking for Mama and never finding her.

Asuka was distracted by a musical note coming from her computer, making the pink hedgehog she was controlling on her Wonder Swan plummet to his death. She looked up, muttering under her breath.

“Asuka... question. Did I say everything to Hikari okay? I must have come off like an idiot.”

She hurriedly typed out a response, eager to get back to her game so she could ignore her irritating surroundings. “How should I know? Japanese people are morons. Don’t bother me over every little thing.”

Introduction to Asuka and interaction with Raidon

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:28 am

Raidon Watanabe
Tokyo-3 Junior High, Thursday, July 16th, 2015, 0811 hours

The response was classic Asuka

“How should I know? Japanese people are morons. Don’t bother me over every little thing.”

Watanabe sighed, and glanced over at the girl, before typing out a response.

"Yes, I know Japs are annoying, but that doesn't mean you have to be annoying in return. I made myself a promise I was going to learn to be more 'human', as annoying as that is. I want to make friends."

He fully expected Soryu to snap back at him like she had the first time they met. As a result he was rather surprised by her response.

Asuka response/question

"Can I trust you to keep this just between us? At least for the time being?"
A juicy story; she was certain to appreciate that.

Asuka response

"Asperger's Syndrome... It's a pain in the ass, but it means I have to actually work at being a social meatbag, because the only thing these other meatbags appreciate are those who think, speak, and act just like they do. You act too smart, or too clueless about overrated primate gestures, and you might as well be burned at the stake."

Open to Asuka response

More Raidon/Asuka interaction

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Daisuke
"Come." Ritsuko had called out calmly and clearly. A moment later, Ritsuko's assistant, Lieutenant Ibuki stepped into the room, carrying a clipboard as she approached the desk. The girl bowed respectfully to both of them, and then Ritsuko gave her a nod, permitting her to speak.

"Ma'am. Rei Ayanami has arrived for her appointment. I told her to wait for you in her usual room."

"Thank you, Lieutenant." Ritsuko nodded at her, glancing over towards Daisuke, "I have to attend to this, Yamada-san, please let yourself out if I'm not back when you're finished."

Daisuke smiled understandingly, grateful that Ritsuko had not asked him to leave right then. It showed that she trusted him not to snoop around her office while she was out. "No problem, Doctor, I'll see you later."

Ritsuko nodded once more, then walked out of the room, Ibuki following close behind her. Daisuke finished off his coffee, and then returned to his office.

Ritsuko

Ritsuko spoke little to Maya on the way to the patient room for Rei's examination, keeping one step ahead of the younger woman the whole time. When they arrived in the room, Ayanami was sitting there silently, with her usual vacant expression. Ritsuko suppressed a sneer of contempt, it wouldn't do to show her dislike of the girl after all. "Hello, Rei."

"Hello." Ayanami said, so quietly it might as well have been a whisper, "Doctor Akagi, will I pilot Eva-01 if the new pilot doesn't arrive?"

"That is yet to be determined, Rei. Now, let's how see your wounds are healing." The girl obediently undressed and removed her bandages. Good little doll.

Ritsuko frowned slightly as she saw that the wounds had reopened, "Hold still while I apply fresh bandages, alright?"

"Yes." Rei nodded, staying perfectly still while Ritsuko cleaned up the wounds, and then covered them over again with new bandages, which she tied perhaps a little tighter than was necessary, but it wasn't as if the girl was going to complain about her being rough, was she?

"Now, I want you to rest up in your room for a few days and give these wounds a chance to heal. Is that clear?"

"Yes." Rei said once again. The girl's responses were irritatingly predictable.

"That will be all, you can leave now."

"Yes, Doctor Akagi."

Return to “Role-Playing Related”