DVD/VHS Release Information

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

DVD/VHS Release Information

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Ath recently suggested that it might be a good idea to include information on the various DVD/VHS releases of Evangelion somewhere on the wiki. I suppose the type of information we'd need here would be things like

1) Which actual works were included in the release(Original series, movies, renewal, etc)
2) Which companies were responsible for the localisation/distribution(we should include language releases other than Japanese and English here)
3) Year of release, etc
4) Any issue or problems or comments on overall quality of the release.
5) Technical information (PAL/VHS, telecineing, etc)

I don't believe such information is currently available on the wiki. Would anyone happen to have any suggestions for what needs to be added?

We'll also need to discuss how best to organise such material. What sections/categories should it go in, etc.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:51 pm

We could get members from different countries to get information on their country's releases.

Format wise, you could start with the Japanese releases, then have paragraphs for each other region's releases.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Tlaloc
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tlaloc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:27 am

Well, I would like to add, that the original DVD release of NGE in the US, had the mexican spanish dub.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:43 am

There's a site that has info about the Japanese Eva LDs that had the DC episodes as well as video version EoE. That's a good resource.

AIso, I remember reading somewhere that ADV's original DVD release also had a French dub, not just Spainsh.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:08 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:AIso, I remember reading somewhere that ADV's original DVD release also had a French dub, not just Spainsh.

That's right. I'll have to listen to it to refresh my rusty French someday...

I just noticed that Wikipedia has a list of releases of NGE media (video, manga, audio, games, etc) at this page, we might use it as a sketch and expand it. I could help with some of the European releases.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:AIso, I remember reading somewhere that ADV's original DVD release also had a French dub, not just Spainsh.

You are correct. I've got the Perfect Collection and just looked at the back of the dvd case. ^_^

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”