Content Submissions, Suggestions and Comments

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

UltraSonic007
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby UltraSonic007 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:49 pm

There's a discrepancy on Fuyutsuki's birthday between the timeline and the character page:

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_Timeline

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Kozo_Fuyutsuki#Fruition_of_the_agendas

So was he born in 55' or 56'?
Oddly-Appropriate Quotes for Evangelion
Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.: "The great act of faith is when a man decides he is not God. The greatest act of faith is when a man understands he is not God."
Mel Brooks: "Humor is just another defense against the universe."

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu May 21, 2015 7:30 am

If he's 60, it should be '55 and the '56 date is an error.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu May 21, 2015 8:51 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Indeed, and that's an article that I haven't seen since 2007 that you've stumbled upon! :lol: Nice find!

I was going to suggest that Antarctica's missing landmass might account for this, but then we have the underwater city in ep 1 which suggests it's just an error (if that city's underwater the islands should be as well).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu May 21, 2015 10:08 am

Most of the Antarctic landmass is under sea level, so even if everything above sea level was vaporized, there's a substantial amount of mass deep underwater. Even so, given how much the global sea level rise would be across all oceans and how small the Antarctic landmass is compared to the volume of the world oceans, there would still be a substantial sea level rise. Maybe not 61 meters, but still over 50, and more than enough to submerge the Nansha Islands and all coastal cities.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu May 21, 2015 10:40 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Most of the Antarctic landmass is under sea level, so even if everything above sea level was vaporized, there's a substantial amount of mass deep underwater. Even so, given how much the global sea level rise would be across all oceans and how small the Antarctic landmass is compared to the volume of the world oceans, there would still be a substantial sea level rise. Maybe not 61 meters, but still over 50, and more than enough to submerge the Nansha Islands and all coastal cities.

The volume of the world's oceans isn't the issue, though. The issue is the volume of Antarctica's icepack vs. how much landmass was lost in 2I. Those could easily be identical; hell, it's even possible we'd see a sea level drop depending on how much was lost. That's not the case in NGE, so most of the Antarctic plate is probably still there, but it could easily have gone either way.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu May 21, 2015 11:35 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:If he's 60, it should be '55 and the '56 date is an error.

The only place I've been able to find a year of birth is Chronicle, and it provides 1956.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu May 21, 2015 5:16 pm

I remember looking at character ages very early on, and remarked that Fuyutsuki was given age 58 in the sources then available -- which stuck in my mind as I too will be 58 this year, making our age difference a matter of a few months.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu May 21, 2015 8:07 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:The only place I've been able to find a year of birth is Chronicle, and it provides 1956.

That settles it, then. '56 it is. It makes him 58 for the start of 2015 and 59 for the rest.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun May 24, 2015 4:03 am

Looking in Chronicles Side A, Fuyu's birthday is explicitly printed as "?/04/09", and his age as "Unknown".
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun May 24, 2015 8:40 am

"Unknown"? Well, that doesn't help things any! Which edition of Chronicle do you have, Reichu?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun May 24, 2015 9:42 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:"Unknown"? Well, that doesn't help things any! Which edition of Chronicle do you have, Reichu?

The individual issues.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun May 24, 2015 1:38 pm

I've put in a note about the discrepancy in both pages until we can sort this confusion out.

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:29 pm

I've observed a connection between EOE final scene and the last episode of EoTV, specifically,11:20-14:17 and Hegel Philosophy. From this connection I was able to create an interpretation of the final scene that directly explains why Shinji strangles Asuka and that is more detailed than the Drama card. At the same time it connects the ideas of the final scene with EP 26. I believe my observations are sound and persuasive. I think at the very least pieces of my observations are wiki worthy. I originally was going to post it in discussion section but it got to big and I couldn't add pictures. I would like to e-mail my writing to someone so it could be reviewed. It is not that long just too long for a typical post. Also if what I wrote is not "new" and has been said before by other people then I'm sorry for wasting time but I'm pretty sure it hasn't and I know the stuff I mentioned is not in the wiki.
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Email isn't the best of ideas - after all, nobody else gets to see what you have in mind. I think you should put it up in discussion in two or three parts if it's so large. I've seen posts long enough that they've come up against the forum's post size limit and have been split in two. Post Part 1 and see the reactions, and then post Part 2.

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:00 pm

Did it so guess I'll post the link here:
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/17500/EoE-Final-scene-explained-and-connected-to-EoTV-GWF-Hegal/
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:48 pm

With the BD release, uprating some of the screen captures seems like a worthwhile thing to be doing.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Khigen
Embryo

Re: Content Submissions, Suggestions and Comments

•      
  •      

Postby Khigen » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:55 am

First post, please have mercy.
I noticed that the Hebrew name provided for Zeruel(זוריאל) is actually Zuriel. Someone should change it to זרועאל, which i found from here: https://books.google.com.sg/books?id=TF ... ew&f=false

Also, the Hebrew names listed for Sachiel(זכיאל) and Bardiel(ברדאל) are Zachiel and Bardael, and should be changed to סכיאל and ברדיאל respectively.
All my other profile pics were too big

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:40 pm

I know this isn't the most pressing issue(especially if a lot of the higher ups are still working on the new version of the forum), and I've seen that it's been brought up before but do we have any idea what the standard should be on the whole referring to the pilots as "Child" v. "Children" on the wiki? I.e. on the character portal page Rei is referred to as the First Child, and on her dedicated page she's referred to as the First Children, while Asuka is referred to as the Second Child on her page though her character bio box has her rank listed as the Second Children.

I bring it up now because I have some free time and I wouldn't mind going through the whole wiki and making it one or the other once we reach a consensus... Though I realize a lot of you are probably thinking, "there are more important matters in this world, why are you so worried about this, Joy Evangelion?" :lol: My reasoning: I love the evageeks wiki and I'd like keep it as consistent as possible.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:11 pm

Well shoot, I thought we had a thread in here which discussed that debate, but now I don't see it.

As I understand the wiki situation: Though "Children" is the term used in the Japanese, because it sounds awkward in English, "Child" is what was used by default (also consider in the New Movies, the use of Japanese for "Boy" and "Girl", doing away with Engrish-sounding "Children" altogether).

I could be misremembering the consensus of the debate, but I thought that's how things were resolved whenever ago.

FWIW, I read a few years back on the Eva Mailing List from a '98 or so archived thread that Nerv uses "Children" to cover the fact that Rei has multiple clones, instead of technically being one person.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:45 pm

post/608365/The-Wiki-Thread-General/#608365

There were about 20 or so posts about the Child/Children thing after it was brought up there. I could probably work on what Tines proposed, which was a link to a page which details why they're referred to as Children and then if it seems like it works go about changing all of the Childs to Children.

I actually had the idea in my head until a month or so ago that the whole wiki already used Children throughout(and back in 2013 they said they were surprised it wasn't already settled! :lol: ), and I've always been a big proponent of the English speaking fandom to use it, so I think it'd be cool if we all could figure this one out and use one term or the other.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”