Content Submissions, Suggestions and Comments

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Content Submissions, Suggestions and Comments

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:55 pm

Since the Editorium is being opened up to general posters, I thought it would be a good idea to have a general thread where posters without a wiki account and/or time could make suggestions or submissions about content or material that could/should be added to the wiki.

If you feel that the Wiki is lacking certain materials or certain areas, then please feel free to suggest such improvements in this thread. If you can think, or have found good material which deserves a presence, then please give details and links here. Hopefully this process may also serve as a way for the Wiki to find new scribes among forum members.

In addition, if you have any general comments to make on the Wiki or on specific pages or content, this is the thread to make them in. If you have constructive opinions or criticisms, then this is the place to share them.

Technical type issues will be left for the other general Wiki thread. This thread will deal with the content and composition of the Wiki pages. I hopeful that collective input for all members can help continuously improve the Wiki and make it a better resource for everyone.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:01 pm

Wow. Right up there at the top. ;)

zilluss
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby zilluss » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:55 pm

I found an error in the Article about Tabiris. In the third paragraph under profile it says that Kaworu hums the Ode To Joy by Beethove. The fourth part of the ninth Symphony is called "Presto - Allegro assai - [...]". Ode To Joy is the poem by Schiller that contains the Lyrics used in the Symphony. Someone should edit this. (I don't say this because I'm from Germany or anything, I don't give a damn, I just noticed it^^ )

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Thank's for the correction. I've changed the page so hopefully its more accurate now. I have heard the entire piece referred to as "Ode to Joy" in the context of the European anthem though. But that does not include lyrics.

Edit: We could use some more detailed information on the musical scores used in Eva if you have any additional information.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:36 pm

If you can think, or have found good material which deserves a presence, then please give details and links here.

Here goes nothing.

So I'm looking at the Extracanon Mecha page and I noticed that there's virtually no information on the extracanon angels or Units Beta and Alpha. If you guys need some information on the Insubstantial Angel here's YouTube links to some playlists that show a good chunk of game play and pretty much all of what IS can do.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=041E8A4520FDFE27&search_query=evangelion+second+impression

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5FA57563337876F7&search_query=evangelion+second+impression

I also found two vids showing off a good chunk of First Impression from the Saturn, maybe that would help shed some light on the unnamed angel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOZNF8qCvCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kdJBFan0R8

That and I suggest a place holder name for the thing since apparently nobody cared to give the guy one.

If you want I can hunt down some Battle Orchestra vids that show off Beta and Alpha's moves.

I also found some pictures in one of the topics in this forum regarding Detective Evangelion's instruction manual, so maybe the info can be used for Unit Beta's origins and the weird angels that appear in it; if you want I'll hunt that down too.

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Enki v.2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:01 pm

If it doesn't already exist, I might like a WMG page or category -- preferably separate from radioactive waste (which is a bit more negative, since it seeks to discount fanon that directly conflicts with canon). Wild Mass Guessing, however incorrect, is (IMO) a positive force -- consider Reichu's revelation period and how much creative work it has spawned despite itself -- but should not be mistaken for canon, and so it would be useful to have a place for the generation and mutation of fanon by people who can distinguish it from canon (mostly this board, in my experience).

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 am

In the article about Gendo, his SEELE membership should be mentioned. It's stated in the CI.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:28 am

Gendo doesn't classify as a proper Seele member- in that he isn't a numbered monolith. It's one thing being a Seele member, and another being one of their de facto executors.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:50 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Gendo doesn't classify as a proper Seele member- in that he isn't a numbered monolith. It's one thing being a Seele member, and another being one of their de facto executors.

We don't see what kind of visual representation of Gendo SEELE members have in front of them when they communicate with him. It could be a monolith.

Also:

C. Confidential Information

Married Yui Ikari, who has connections with Seele, so that he could become a member himself. (...) Not long after he became a member of Seele, he went to the South Pole to be an auditor for the Katsuragi Investigation Team.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:51 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Gendo doesn't classify as a proper Seele member- in that he isn't a numbered monolith.

I don't think Gendo is part of the super-elite inner circle, which consists of twelve people (the five committeemen and seven who are completely anonymous), but one never had to be a member of an organization's upper echelon to be a member of that organization.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:11 pm

He's definitely associated with Seele in some senior way. What are the specifics of the CI translation on this?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:28 pm

ゼーレと繋がりがある碇ユイと結婚し、自らもゼーレの一員となってE計画、人類補完計画、ネルフの実行責任者などの要職を歴任している。

...becoming a member (一員) of Seele himself...

ゼーレの構成員になったばかりの頃、南極へ向かった葛城調査隊の監査役をしていた。

...became a (constituent) member (構成員) of Seele...

...What, you thought I was fudging it?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:07 pm

My bad. I guess I overlooked that part of the CI. (Auditor? No wonder he jokes about economics.)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:24 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:...What, you thought I was fudging it?
I was half hoping the text may have used a specific Japanese term for "member" which suggested rank in the organisation, e.g. neophyte, etc

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:35 pm

Something like that probably would have been easy enough to incorporate into the translation that I wouldn't have glossed it over, but no harm in asking, I suppose.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:40 am

Will it be added to Wiki or not?

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:52 am

Added, although the wording could use some tweaking.

NatTheWriter
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby NatTheWriter » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:25 pm

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but because it's (at least) linked to the wiki I figured it would be relevant enough to post here.

What happened to the commentary project? It was an interesting read (I was particularly curious about the commentary on the later episodes), but seems to have petered out around episode 5. Is it to start up again at some point in the future?

My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. ^^;

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:52 am

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=8100

We're still getting everything up into the wiki system.

skikes
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby skikes » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:06 am

On the angels page... where it gives you a run-down of the angels and their numbering in NGE, Rebuild and the manga, Israfel and Sahaquiel are both numbered as the 7th angel in the manga.
What if I don't want to live in the real world?

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”