[CYOA]Another World(COMPLETE)

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

[CYOA]Another World(COMPLETE)

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:19 pm

VERY loosely based on a Eva2 PS2 version Scenario! This will probably be my final CYOA (and yes, this is a continuation of sorts of the Misato one. :mwahaha:). But let's see how long this one lasts, I thought up a lot of original ideas for it.

Tuesday August 4th 2015. 8:15 AM. Hakone.

"Life is painful, but... It's better than staying here." "Indeed. Reality must go on, Captain Katsuragi."

I blink, having tossed and turned in my bed during the night. My half-asleep brain barely processes a bizarre dream of Misato-san and Ayanami floating naked together in a red sea.

...Why the hell did I eat Misato-san's cooking last night?!

Yawning, I notice a pair of blue eyes meeting my own. "Shin~ji, it's time for school!"

"So-soryu!" I give a start, surprised and curious as to why the German transfer student turned roommate is in my room.

She continues to stand above my bed, staring at me, all smiles. Um, do you really have to bend over like that? At least you're in your school uniform and it's not your pajamas with the shirt that's a bit too thin and kind of see-through, but--wait, why am I thinking of something so embarrassing all of a sudden?! Augh!

I gulp, nervous as the redhead cheerfully continues, "I already told you, just "Asuka" is fine. Now get dressed, we have to leave shortly."

She departs for the living room as I yawn, sitting upright. Pity that we only get summer vacation for a week in our area, then it's back to school. Oh well, at least we do get a long winter holiday...

Heading for the shower then throwing on my school uniform, I notice Misato-san is sitting in the living room, talking with somebody on the phone.

It's probably her boyfriend who's working in Germany, I realize. I met Kaji-san only once, but he seems like a nice guy. Long-distance relationships sure sound tough at any rate!

Misato-san has been my guardian since January. Last year, my mother went away on a business trip to the United States. Father is too busy working with some government agency of his--Nerv it's called--to bother caring for me...

...Father.

I shake my head to clear it, and start eating a microwavable meal for breakfast. Too pressed for time to bother cooking today! I sure hope mother will return soon.

At least Misato-san and Sor--I mean, Asuka are pretty nice, but living with two girls can be nerve-wracking.

I notice Asuka looking at me, puzzled; probably able to tell that I'm mentally moping about. I need to just focus on what's going on currently instead of being all depressed, and that's going to school. But, maybe I should get some kind of advice...? Hm.

1) Ask Misato-san for advice.

2) Just go to school with Asuka.

3) Visit Ayanami; I haven't seen her in a while.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Three, dammit.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Lets visit teh Rei :rei_blush:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:59 pm

"Sorry, Asuka. I have somewhere else I have to go. We can go to school together tomorrow, okay?"

"Huh? Oh, okay then." She looks somewhat disappointed, but nods. I smile at her, saying goodbye to her and Misato, then leave for Ayanami's apartment.

The usual sounds of construction go on in the background as I'm face to face with Ayanami's apartment door. I wonder why she lives in such a desolate area?

Sighing, I knock. "It's Ikari...", I begin, cut off by Ayanami opening the door. She seems surprised to see me. "Ikari-kun?"

"H-hi Ayanami. Long time no see." I offer an awkward smile to to my classmate, entering the apartment.

"Did you need something?" She's combing her hair, already dressed in her school uniform.

"Well... Umm..." My cheeks redden slightly. How...do I say this without sounding crazy?! "I--I feel like I should say "thank you" to you, but I don't know why."

Ayanami smiles sweetly, blushing. "I see. But, there really is nothing to thank."

Ayanami is kind, but I can't help but feel a bit awkward around her for some reason. Perhaps it's because she and mother look similar? But it's not like they're related or anything... At any rate, I've known Ayanami as well as my other classmates since 7th grade, the first year of junior high.

So, what should I do now?

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Go to School. Also confuzzled :stars: So were in SIRP/AD! now? Just how long are we gonna do AU? Are you planning to change back to canon eventually? :shrug:

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:30 pm

Stab Rei to death. Let's make this a REAL AU.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:36 pm

tell her that you'll do some things together later & that you'll see her there later

then, go to Misaot & talk to her
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby AuraTwilight » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:27 pm

Something's wrong, and Rei seems to know what's up. Question Rei until she gives some answers.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Yeah, let's keep talking to Rei.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 pm

"Um, Ayanami?" I regain the hold of my school bag, opening the door for her. We leave her apartment as she locks the door and begin our walk to school together.

"Yes, Ikari-kun?"

I stare at the ground, flustered again. "Something...feels off. Have you noticed this too?"

Ayanami gives yet another mysterious smile. "Things are as they should be. Don't you remember?"

I blink.

A battle. Strange creatures. A giant purple robot. Fighting alongside Ayanami then...

Darkness.

?!

Wa-wait!

My eyes widen as I turn to her, the sudden memories disappearing as quickly as they came. "A--Ayanami, you did this?! But.. how...?! And what about the Eva?! And the Angels?! That Operation Yashima battle... we...we failed, didn't we?!"

"The Angel Ramiel reaching Lilith awakened my true self as Third Impact occurred. Only Katsuragi-san and now you are aware of the truth."

She sighs, her eyes meeting my own. "We are still grounded within reality, but I was able to reshape time and space on Earth into what your heart wished for: a world with no Evangelion, and no Angels."

She continues as I just listen, stunned: "First Impact is the only event that has happened here, and Lilith, mother of life is the only Source of Life on this planet. Reshaping the world according to your wishes has cost me my original body, but it is a small price to pay if you can be truly happy. Fear not, you can still experience pain as well as pleasure, this is not a cop-out."

My body begins to shake. She...she's joking right? My...memories of the past year are just an alteration of things that never happened?! The Eva and Angels are gone, that's it?!

The mixture of an odd sense of relief and sudden fear turn the insides of my stomach, making me feel like throwing up. Tears threaten to spill from my eyes.

...I...

1) "Why do you care so much?! You barely know me!"

2) "Why...do you seem so familiar to me? And I thought you liked father, not me!"

3) Maybe Ayanami's lying. Punch that tree we're about to pass by and see what happens.

4) La la la let's be in denial. Time for school! ^_^

5) ...Talk to Ayanami about this later, I'm too overwhelmed to properly think right now.

6) Run off screaming "HOLY SHIT THE WORLD IS FUCKED!!!!"

7) Go back home and talk to Misato-san about this. Maybe Ayanami's pulling a demented sort of joke on me.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Hmmm. Number 7. Its a lucky number after all. ^_^

As funny as hitting the tree, denial Shinji, or 2012 Shinji would be :chuckles: And some of the other options just come across as jerk-assy or 3M0 :|
Last edited by Great Genius Shinji-Sama on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:53 pm

yeah. gotta go with #7
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:23 pm

Wordlessly, I turn on my heels and start running back home.

"Ikari-kun!" Rei reaches forward as if to stop me, then draws back her hand. She looks...sad?

I block her out--her voice and her face--as I continue running back home, legs pumping with adrenaline.

Gasping for breath once I enter the apartment door, I collapse against the kitchen table's nearest chair. My school bag lays almost instantly forgotten at the kitchen entrance.

Misato-san apparently has the day off today because she appears from the wash-room, laundry basket in her hands. Wait, what?! Since when does SHE do the laundry, it must be the end of the world!

"Shinji-kun?" Misato's brows furrow in confusion. "Shouldn't you be at school? What's wrong?"

I take a big gulp of air, beginning to shake. This...is going to be hard.

What should I say?!

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:25 pm

"Die, bitch!!!"

and then stab her.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:41 pm

"Misato-san, something....weird is going on. Does the word 'Yashima' ring a bell to you?"

Legendary wrote:"Die, bitch!!!"

and then stab her.

Man, you gotta quit it with all the postin'. It's getting out of hand.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:46 pm

I can do this. I have to. I mustn't run away. "Misato-san, something....weird is going on. Does the word 'Yashima' ring a bell to you?"

She blinks... Then cheerfully replies, "Yep! But I try not to think about it! Rei-chan knows what she's doing." Misato lets out a drunken hiccup, giggling.

I facepalm hard, all the anger and fear melting away.

...But I slowly smile. If Misato-san trusts Ayanami then so can I. And soon I'll see mother again!

1) I should go to school...

2) Reader's choice!
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby AuraTwilight » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:54 pm

This is still pretty disconcerting. Why did Rei go out of her way for my happiness? How did she even know what I would've wanted? What...what is she capable of? Could Rei still....do that sort of thing, if it came down to it?

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:15 am

Let's go to school and try to enjoy our newfound normalcy at least for a little while before whatever the hell weirdness inevitably starts happening.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:24 am

"This is still pretty disconcerting. Why did Ayanami go out of her way for my happiness? How did she even know what I would've wanted? What...what is she capable of? Could she still....do that sort of thing, if it came down to it?"

Misato grins. "You're so innocent, Shin-chan! Obviously it's love!"

My face grows hot. "Love?! But I barely know her!"

She winks. "The heart wants what it wants. And don't worry. Rei said she can't do this again. We can live in peace."

Reality adjustment much?!

What now?

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby AuraTwilight » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:03 am

Don't believe her! Rei's holding out! You need to hogtie that bitch down and force her to work your will upon the fabric of reality! Remake the world in your image! You...can be....GOD!!!!!!!1

Return to “Role-Playing Related”