Pen Pen's Sexuality

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:19 pm

Sammaeloo wrote:Notice where Kaworu's hand is......
So? Shin-chan does the same with himself, I don't see why Tabris, penguin or human should be any different. :tongue:
I'll get the puppy scene soon.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm not complaining. I'm saying its funny.

Speaking of Pen-Pen with another character, where is that funny picture of Pen-Pen spanking Misato. His expressionless face in that picture is priceless.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes a penguin is just a penguin. =P

Though if this thread is trying to show how absurd things can get when you read to deeply into them, it's doing a good job.
Gamer_2k4

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:52 pm

Synapsid wrote:I think it's time that somebody put forth the theory that Pen^2 and Kaworu are the same being.

Nice work Synapsid. Beat me to the post. In addition to the clear homosexuality (directed at Shinji in both cases), we also have the fact that the two are never seen together in any scene.

Moreover, this postulate clearly explains PenPen's presence in Pre-3I Instrumentality, and Kaworu's absence there. This includes the congratulations scene in EoTV. Clearly, Kaworu has regressed to his earlier form in to draw Shinji into a zone of comfort.

With this new revelation, it is now time to re-examine the once derided theory that PenPen was God. In effect, combined with Adam and Rei, PenPen/Kaworu, or KawKaw, is indeed a supreme being. This sheds new light on his many appearances throughout the series. as well as on the entire plot.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Holy Diver » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Uriel Septim VII wrote:Pen-Pen is an alternate universe Tom Bombadil.

Now when you say this, do you mean that he is an incarnation of Illuvatar, or do you mean that he was an unnecessary diversion from the plot?

And for those who are unfamiliar with Tom, this pretty much sums him up.

Note: Faggotry here means, "Having manners or features similar to anyone who owns or rides a Harley."
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:35 pm

It's obvious Pen^2 cast away his ill received feelings as the series progressed.
Proof:

PenPen and Hikari is the true love story of Evangelion; they eloped from the wartorn valleys of Tokyo-3 together. Misato knew he would be happier with someone who could love him the way he always wanted to be loved and said farewell to her feathered companion.

Why Anno never included the Hikari X PenPen 3I sequence in EoE, we will never know.

edit: damn photo hosting
Last edited by Orphan Of Darkness on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:51 pm

Holy Diver wrote:
Uriel Septim VII wrote:Pen-Pen is an alternate universe Tom Bombadil.
Now when you say this, do you mean that he is an incarnation of Illuvatar, or do you mean that he was an unnecessary diversion from the plot?
:???: Not to be hung up on specifics or anything, but Bombadil was just some random mysterious thingamajig in Middle Earth--I believe Tolkien even denounced any connection between he and Illuvatar. So in this case, Pen-Pen would probably fulfill both the "random diversion from plot" aspect of Bombadil, along with "random mysterious thingamajig" aspect.
ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:we also have the fact that the two are never seen together in any scene.
It strikes me that we never see Gendo & Pen-Pen in the same scene, either. Does Adam grant Gendo mystical time-travelling shape-shifting powers? If this is the case, then Pen-Pen is clearly Gendo Ikari, doing his best to ah... "get closer" to Shinji in the only way he knows how. oh god that's so messed up.

Once Orphan of Darkness' observation is factored in (especially the "Shinji with freckles" part that for some reason I never realized until now), then it suddenly becomes a matter of Gendo x Hikari pairing, made even more screwed up by Hikari's possible relation to Shinji (long-lost sister/clone in the vein of Maya Ibuki).
:w00t:

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:14 am

this thread has officially become a cesspool of nonsense and disgusting ideas, waiter, check please. *gets up and walks out of thread, five days later gives it a horrible review in his news column prompting the health inspector to check up on you. *
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:17 pm

I finally got the video with Pen^2's puppy love. Sorry I was that late at it, but I finally got the video in question.
shinjidoggysasuka wrote:this thread has officially become a cesspool of nonsense and disgusting ideas, waiter, check please. *gets up and walks out of thread, five days later gives it a horrible review in his news column prompting the health inspector to check up on you. *

:uhh: Please don't take it too seriously, this thread is all humor so there's no point in getting upset over it, is there?
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:20 pm

Synapsid wrote:I finally got the video with Pen^2's puppy love. Sorry I was that late at it, but I finally got the video in question.
shinjidoggysasuka wrote:this thread has officially become a cesspool of nonsense and disgusting ideas, waiter, check please. *gets up and walks out of thread, five days later gives it a horrible review in his news column prompting the health inspector to check up on you. *

:uhh: Please don't take it too seriously, this thread is all humor so there's no point in getting upset over it, is there?

of course i wasn't, that was my patented humor fourum role play. :ting: some of this is pretty sick humor wise though.
Interesting Quote:
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/

Mongoosedog
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Mongoosedog » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:22 pm

shinjidoggysasuka wrote:of course i wasn't, that was my patented humor fourum role play. :ting: some of this is pretty sick humor wise though.

you talking about I R? O_o
I have no signature!

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:35 pm

shinjidoggysasuka wrote:of course i wasn't, that was my patented humor fourum role play. :ting: some of this is pretty sick humor wise though.

I'm going to pull a Eric B. and say that the post seemed more like a "God, this is sooo beneath me" insult rather than a joke.

@Synapsid: That guy don't look nothing like Shinji, so your theory is invalid. Insert coins to continue.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:08 pm

Orphan Of Darkness: Brilliant! :clap: But let's see what the thread creator has to say about such. And was he ever able to forget about Misato?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:25 pm

Orphan of Darkness' explanation of Pen Pen's relationship with Hikari is spot-on. How could I have been so blind? While I do admit that Pen Pen likely had a sexual relationship with Misato, it was not truly romantic love on his side. Pen Pen wanted a mother, having lost his in the science experiment which gave him sentience. He looked for this missing maternal figure in Misato, submitting to her sexual demands in order to keep the relationship going; Pen Pen was so desperate for love that he slept with Misato although he was not truly in love with her. Misato eventually came to recognize that he could never return her feelings and allowed him to elope with Hikari.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:33 pm

^ Gold. 100% Pure GOLD!!
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:27 am

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote: Moreover, this postulate clearly explains PenPen's presence in Pre-3I Instrumentality, and Kaworu's absence there. This includes the congratulations scene in EoTV. Clearly, Kaworu has regressed to his earlier form in to draw Shinji into a zone of comfort.

With this new revelation, it is now time to re-examine the once derided theory that PenPen was God. In effect, combined with Adam and Rei, PenPen/Kaworu, or KawKaw, is indeed a supreme being. This sheds new light on his many appearances throughout the series. as well as on the entire plot.
Indeed, in some ways TabbyPen's role parallels Ayanami's, both serve to introduce him into his role in their own ways and they both appear in their most familiar forms to Shinji at the end. It's quite different in the EOE version though, both of them present themselves in a different from then, in KawKaw's(notice the name's onomatopoeic allusion to an avian's cry) case it serves to highlight the sexual element's more prominent place in the film.
In a way PenPen was a god, just not one in the traditional sence.

Vegeta 20XX wrote:@Synapsid: That guy don't look nothing like Shinji, so your theory is invalid. Insert coins to continue.
Oh, I wouldn’t be totally sure about that ^_^
SPOILER: Show
Shin-chan’s a puppy boy, I know that everything seems to indicate that he’s a neko, appearance and socially speaking(the LGTBQ use of the term included), but it looks like we’ve been trolled and he’s really a sad puppy. Besides we all know that penguins don’t have good vision so give Wanko-kun a blue bow and sundress and Pen^2 won’t be able to tell the difference.
[URL=http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Synapsidia/EVA/?action=view&current=277.png]Image[/URL][URL=http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Synapsidia/EVA/?action=view&current=79.jpg]Image[/URL]

Oh okay, it slipped me by at the time, it isn't quite as easy to detect sarcasm in the net :sweatdrop:

@Lucretius
I don't know, I can't help but feel that we're retconing here, you can't just brush aside their complex interactions by tossing PenPen/KawKaw a girl that looks a bit like Shin-chan. Besides seeing as how he showed up in his bishi form right after leaving T3 it might be possible that he just droped his ruse and left Hikari,(unless if he was able to simultainously exist through some sort of quantum magic stuff).

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:35 am

Oh, I don't deny that Pen Pen's love for Shinji was genuine--he never entirely got over him, as the keepsake photo from 26' clearly shows. Pen Pen was attracted to Hikari because of her resemblance to Shinji, but I would hesitate to call it the one true penguin pairing of the series. However, Misato did not know this--she thought she would be making him happy when she conceded defeat to Hikari.

Pen Pen's relationships really form a complex love quadrilateral, with the one person Pen Pen desires most being the one he can never have.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:38 am

Indeed. It nicely parallels Hyuga, Maya, Fuyutsuki and Ritsuko as well. :smirk:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Mongoosedog wrote:

nope, i make a completely far out joke like that one, compareing the thread to a resturaunt, and roll with it. i put all my actiions that im feigninng in these. *these*
Interesting Quote:

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:03 pm

shinjidoggysasuka wrote:
Mongoosedog wrote:

nope, i make a completely far out joke like that one, compareing the thread to a resturaunt, and roll with it. i put all my actiions that im feigninng in these. *these*

WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”