Pen Pen's Sexuality

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:45 am

Well, if several doujin artists are to be believed Shinji and pen^2 have the hots for eachother and are the OTP.

Also your sarcasm detector seems to be malfunctioning

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby juaxoo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:17 pm

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Well, if several doujin artists are to be believed Shinji and pen^2 have the hots for eachother and are the OTP.

Also your sarcasm detector seems to be malfunctioning

thanks that helped a lot now i get it :D i just wanted to make sure of things thats all

btw i was being sarcastic too

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:53 pm

View Original Postjuaxoo wrote:i dont believe that pen-pen exist to be Shinji's lover
Don't worry, there are doujins that do that anyway.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby juaxoo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:11 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Don't worry, there are doujins that do that anyway.

what is this i dont even...

i don't care, but i respect the people who does, i mean, fetishes r nice. i just dont udnerstand wut the Japanese characters mean, probably "cute, wuaaaa, nooooo, i love uu" right? :P

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Look in the bottom left corner of the picture.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby juaxoo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:52 pm

what is the sex drive of pen pen? it seems to me pen pen is really asexual, just wondering, can soembody clear that question for me? is it a male or female

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:03 am

View Original Postjuaxoo wrote:is it a male or female

Of course. This is one of the things we can say with almost absolute certainty.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:28 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Of course. This is one of the things we can say with almost absolute certainty.

A bit of a cliched joke but it made me laugh, 7.5/10

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby cd603 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:54 pm

Well if anything, we know Pen Pen has the capacity to have sextual desire...considering he took a shower and opened a door in episode 2. Although maybe that doesn't prove anything...

CommieGuy
Adam

Postby CommieGuy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 pm

It all makes sense now... I can finally understand episode 26!
"If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves." - Josef Stalin

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Pen Pen's Sexuality

Postby imprimatur13 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:30 pm

I apologize for the Necro, but this thread is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. To justify, I shall add my own (vaguely related) bit (from this Reddit post):

I don't suppose you saw that bonus episode, where they reveal that Pen-pen is the true mastermind behind everything? Why do you think he reads the newspaper? He has to keep abreast of current events. Also, the pink bath towel represents his 'covering' with the facade of being a harmless penguin. The color 'pink' is also a reference to communism, and in communism, all barriers between classes and social strata are eliminated. It's a reference to his desire for Instrumentality, which removes ALL interpersonal barriers. Thus allowing him to remake the world with Spheniscid life.

You thought GNR was something? Imagine GNP.

The bonus episode can be found on the Funimation blu-ray release of the series. You should get it immediately.

[Edited to incorporate Reichu's correction]
Last edited by imprimatur13 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:12 am

Hmm... "Spheniscan" doesn't sound quite right to me. Would probably be "spheniscid" (if referring to the Spheniscidae) or "sphenisciform" (if referring to Sphenisciformes). Though always delighted to see ornithology getting any attention. :tongue: (I'm still trying to teach my bf what a zygodactyl foot is.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby imprimatur13 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Hmm... "Spheniscan" doesn't sound quite right to me. Would probably be "spheniscid" (if referring to the Spheniscidae) or "sphenisciform" (if referring to Sphenisciformes). Though always delighted to see ornithology getting any attention. :tongue: (I'm still trying to teach my bf what a zygodactyl foot is.)

Correction made! (I thought that a zygodactyl foot was a foot with 2 toes. Because the Greek roots (IIRC) are "pair" and "digit"... but apparently there are TWO pairs. One in front and one in back. What I was thinking of is a "didactyl". Just goes to show; one can never assume.)
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:31 am

Weeellll he was in Shinji's pre-instrumentality so maybe. I've personally always wondered why he was there to witness that. Unless it was like a real memory.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

ShonHam
Lilith

Postby ShonHam » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:26 am

He's an asexual god, obviously
I do love me some Rei guns.

ZQFMGB
Adam

Postby ZQFMGB » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:01 am

ZQFMGB.exe has stopped functionning after reading the first post. Please reboot the system.
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

SpaceCowboy35
Embryo

Postby SpaceCowboy35 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:47 am

thank you for posing this question I shall devote the rest of my life to

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:03 pm

One day the student after many years found a village called Pogo, and that village called Pogo was at the foot of Mount Hikikimori. The student spoke to each of the villagers and said to them, I have quested after wisdom and I have no found it. I have gone to the monks and they did not have it. I have gone to the priests and they did not have it. I have gone to the gurus and they did not have it. I have gone to the ascetics and they did not have it. I have gone to the ministers and they did not have it. I have gone to the majordomos and they did not have it. Do you know someone who has it?

One villager said yes, my father had it, but he is dead and you cannot speak to him.

Another villager said, he heard of someone who had it, but that man went on a pilgrimage and did not come back.

A third villager said, I once knew a man that had it, but he went to the capital and he lost it.

A fourth villager said, I am told that a school has it, but I sent my sons to the school and they never bring it back.

The last villager finally pointed to the mountain and said, there, there is wisdom, go seek it.

So the student climbed the mountain. It took forty days and forty nights and to purify himself he denied himself food and self abuse and drank each day only the water that a snail shell could hold. By the time he reached the top of the mountain, he was thirsty and dying, and collapsed at the foot of the temple.

From the temple, the master emerged. He clothed the student, because he was naked. He fed the student, because he was hungry. He cared for the student, because he was sick.

Then he answered the student, because he was curious.

The student said to him, I have come seeking wisdom.

The master said, you must look elsewhere, I do not have it.

The student was crestfallen. He said to the master, I asked the villagers for wisdom, and the pointed to the mountain.

The master looked at the student and said, Pen Pen does not have sexuality. Pen Pen is sexuality.

And the student was enlightened.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:47 am

We don't still need this thread, do we? Did we ever?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”