Unit-00

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Jesterhead
Adam

Unit-00 [SPOILERS]

•      
  •      

Postby Jesterhead » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Lots of spoilers ahead:
SPOILER: Show

Did anyone else find it very suspicious that when Zeruel attacked, Unit-00 was out of action because of emergency repairs to it's left arm?

The last action that Unit-00 saw was against Sahaquiel, and from what we saw it sustained no damage to its left arm. Unit-01 however had its palms drilled through and it was in fighting shape ready to pound the crap out of Bardiel in no time at all.

Unit-00 was described as "barely operational" when Misato asked the status of it. When Unit-00 launched it seemed to be operating pretty normally. The only visible damage was a blood stained bandage applied to its arm.

In my opinion, these facts don't really add up.

My little theory:

Unit-00 had the Key of Nebuchadnezzar grafted to its left arm (ie Adam being grafted to Gendo's arm in EoE). Again this is just my speculation (and hopes). Although since Unit-00 was eaten, I'm not sure what purpose it would serve.

Your thoughts?

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rock-Slash » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:42 pm

I think that you don`t need to put spoiler tag in a thread with spoilers on the tittle. Also the only think that was unusual of Unit 00 was that bandage, why would you put a BANDAGE OVER THE ARMOR of a giant robot?, the other think is that apparently Unit 00 had a heart in each foot and tons of blood to make those jeysers after it was eaten, aside from that nothing unusual.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:45 pm

Why would Gendo put something so important in something so invaluable, then take off a huge chunk of that expendable thing so you can use a crippled version of that thing to fight while protecting the important thing? It accomplishes nothing but damages a perfectly good Eva for no damn reason.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:26 am

They simply didn't put priority on repairing 00 after the Sahaquiel battle. During the :gendo: /Seele scene where they talked about getting Eva-03 to Japan, one of the Seele dudes even mentioned that "Unit-00 is teh suck, no need to repair it".

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:34 am

They said earlier they put precedent on the repair of EVA-01, and EVA-00 had been in fact injured holding Sahaquiel's Core in place. It's a bit of a strenuous connection, but it works. :smokin:
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”