ITT: What are you working on right now?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Valikdu
Adam

Re: ITT: What are you working on right now?

•      
  •      

Postby Valikdu » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:14 pm

I couldn't film a lot at Geek Wars Night due to lighting, but here's what I've managed to get.

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... _nYq001DVB

Gallery: http://valikdu.deviantart.com/gallery/6 ... Wars-Party

SPOILER: Show

Next, Hinode 2017! Getting to work now.
Maker of large-scale Dwarf Fortress modifications.

August 13 update: Desolation 1.5 - Attack on Urist!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:37 pm

I just finished an assignment for my MIDI class. There's one or two elements involved that may or may not stand out a little because I needed to make the song fit the project requirements, but overall I'm pretty happy with it and what it represents for my songwriting development. Please listen and enjoy!

Oswald At Sea
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Valikdu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Valikdu » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:05 am

older posts  SPOILER: Show
Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:29 pm

Done with the Hinode videos! Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsjeo8iAktc91yiOwnLWuKKVnypANY8lc

Will make the gallery for it, shortly.

---------------------------------------

Wed May 24, 2017 9:54 am

Done! Populated gallery for Hinode Power Japan 2017.

Wed May 24, 2017 4:06 pm

I've put up several more individual videos. Here's the playlist: YouTube

Sun May 28, 2017 6:50 pm

The playlist is finished! I've also filled the DA gallery for this event: http://valikdu.deviantart.com/gallery/63080108/CosplayRush17

BTW: I have two more events' worth of materials to put up.

Tue May 30, 2017 11:08 am

Now the playlist is really finished, as I'd had the recording of my own performance sent to me (I'm Sans). Next will be the Toguchi 2017 convention.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:17 pm

WITNESS! THE MOST EPIC TITAN BATTLE OF ALL TIME!

(This is the first video of the Toguchi 2017 convention)

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:09 pm

2.5 months later, I'm finally getting around to the Moscow Comic Convention 2017 stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjtenKsn3Hw

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:54 pm

And now, the playlist includes all the individual cosplayers or thematic groups of them that I've filmed at the MCC'17.
Link: Moscow Comic Convention 2017 - YouTube

Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:05 am

The playlist is now fully populated. I'll process my photos from this convention now.
Maker of large-scale Dwarf Fortress modifications.

August 13 update: Desolation 1.5 - Attack on Urist!

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Successfully argued my thesis last week. I've got to teach an actual course that utilizes it (need it for the rhetoric component of the college's postgrad program) -- but it's lit homies. It'll be published in the college's quarterly journal this September and it's a refresher on the good old Godard-via-Okamoto-to-Anno discussions we had back in 2011. It covers a wide variety of French New Wave influences on Japanese cinema but I took the opportunity to really shine some light on Shohei Imamura (live-action) and Hideaki Anno (w/ animation).

I'll repost it here as soon it goes live! Made a short journey to Nippon to get a glance at some ATG(N) film archives for the paper and got A BUNCH of film stills and some interesting quotes from some early collaborators w/Anno who made the Ultraman Returns film with him.

Also have two pieces of speculative short fiction published in Fluland Mag
Red-Shift
Blue-Shift
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Been doing some actual drawing for a change. Not much to show for it yet, however. Finally set up the art tablet my bf got me for last Christmas, but I haven't messed around with it much. Need to just pick a time where I make myself practice with it and I'll think up SOMETHING to work on. Also, been forcing myself to work on next chapter of Crying Man some more. I used to think it would get easier to write the further I got into the story, but it seems to be the exact opposite. Hard to articulate the reason for this, aside from the feeling of having to lift more and more dramatic weight.

My big ongoing project right now is to consolidate well over a decade's worth of CD/DVD-R backups, along with the contents of any HDDs that have survived to this point, onto one single ginormous hard drive. (One which I'm backing up onto another hard drive at regular intervals, mind.) You might wonder: why so much crap, and why do you need to go through it all? Well, see, there was one year when I really won the "fun lottery" and lost two of my main hard drives mere months apart.* So at that point, all that remained of much of the data was scattered haphazardly across a zillion discs, and the only real answer was... precisely what I'm doing right now, however may years later. I've been gradually "boiling off" exact duplicates and other redundancies, and discovering a fair amount of data I didn't realize I still had in the process. Super time consuming, and gets really messy if I don't catch mistakes quickly enough (or at all). But oh well. Some are bound to happen and I just have to live with it.

At a certain point -- a reasonably close one, I imagine -- I'm going to make new BD-R backups of whatever state of "consolidation" I happen to be in and stash them somewhere at my folks' place. Then, quite happily, toss the obelisk-high stack of old backups.

* No, I wasn't smart enough back then to quickly clone the second one before it went and croaked. Or maybe something prevented me from doing it? Possible my previous desktop was dying around this time, as well. Who can say anymore, it doesn't matter.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:06 pm

I'm currently giving the final touches to my Master's degree thesis...
Requires a bit of discussion and a few extra analysis on R, but with luck, I'll have my title before the end of the month...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:18 pm

One of the things I had planned to do in my retirement was move my home web server from the ancient PC it's been running on for the last 13 years (and which I'd bought as a second-hand ex-business machine, so it was probably getting to be old enough to vote) onto something like a Raspberry Pi. Only I discovered the other day that it had finally failed (looks like the power supply went), which rather brought my plans forwards.

So now there is a little circuit board in a box slightly bigger than a deck of playing cards sitting on top of the old server, more than doing the same job. To drive home the pace of change, it's fitted with a memory card that's about the size of my little fingernail that holds 4 times as much as the big disk in the old machine did.

So now I need to finish the redesign I'd been working on (currently the pages are almost unstyled), fix up link-rot, add SSL and, what's likely to take the longest time, find the masters of all the files I'd dumped into the random hosting folder.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:27 am

I've been trying to do the most I can with my Master's thesis before I get the scholarship money next year to go hunting for stuff in museums and private collections.

Frankly, it's intimidating. Nothing I did back when I was doing my Bachelor's even compares to the amount of work I'm looking at right now. It really is like one of my friends once said "Bachelor's is just 3 years for you to screw around and have fun".

I'm not doing what one would consider creative work, around 50% of my thesis is going to be compilation and working of information done by people before me. But the other 50% is what really matters and it's the hardest part by far(it is far more fun than the compiling stuff though). It really is the first time I'm giving information to other people. My entire life, I've just been learning. If I can make this master's thesis I'll finally be able to put my tiny mark in the field of archaeology, put something for posterity. I wouldn't be surprised if this work manages to outlive me. The only sad part is that most of this academic work will only ever be read by, well, academics. Not like I blame common folk for ignoring this stuff. Even with knowledge in this area a lot of it is dreadfully boring to read. It's not the fault of the people writing it(most of the time), it's just that the nature of the work nearly always ends up in technical, complicated texts.

I should probably explain that my master's is about an unfortunately very damaged roman city in the Algarve region. I've dug there last summer and I'll probably be going back there the next year, so I now have a bit of an emotional connection with the place.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:28 pm

This is a real thing I’m doing, but I’m blaming the cat if it fails.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:08 pm

For the past several months, myself and 2 friends—with tons of talented of FF7 fans—have been working together on a Tifa Lockhart Zine! Preorders are currently open, so I wanted to share the love :heart:

https://premiumheart.bigcartel.com/ (Details and participants here: https://tifazine.tumblr.com/ )

The charity our final proceeds will be going to: https://www.globalfundforwomen.org/

RTing on Twitter will make you eligible for a free copy, too!

Also, here's a little something extra we threw in (alongside our Bundles stretch goal of a Tifa charm):

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:17 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:For the past several months, myself and 2 friends—with tons of talented of FF7 fans—have been working together on a Tifa Lockhart Zine! Preorders are currently open, so I wanted to share the love :heart:

The world is a small place... I know (at least through mail) one of the fic writers :tongue:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:23 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:The world is a small place...

Oh, that's awesome. I was the Fanfic "Mod" for this so I read all their works—so many talented people on this project with our cosplayers and artists, too! ^_^ (Which author?)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun May 24, 2020 9:34 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:This is a real thing I’m doing, but I’m blaming the cat if it fails.

I should probably update this here, but I completed a live-action version of the YouTube channels' ChilledCow Lofi Hip Hop videos.

You can find the link to the finished video on this thread here.

Also, I posted some stills on Twitter comparing the two.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:19 am

Lol, that one looks great :tongue:
How did you managed to get your cat to sit still?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon May 25, 2020 12:19 pm

Been working on an Evangelion news archive, I think it would be cool to have a record of Evangelion going as far back as possible. I'm nearly done cataloging everything from Anime News Network, seeing as how that's the biggest chunk, and then my next step will be to work out how to make it sortable and filterable. I'd like it to be such that you could see stories just about Hideaki Anno, merchandise, promotions, or Evangelion 3.0+1.0, etc.

It's been really interesting just scouring and scanning over all of the past years' news. There were a bunch of things I forgot about and missed. I think I'm going to take and digest a bunch of them into "Hey, remember when..." posts for social media.

Here's what I've got so far:

http://www.evamonkey.com/news/

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon May 25, 2020 4:42 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Lol, that one looks great :tongue:
How did you managed to get your cat to sit still?

Cats do not take direction for very long. I have footage of that cat on a green screen and just ruining every take by just doing her own thing. Thankfully, she’s my own cat, so I could just wait until she was fixated on looking out a window of her own volition, and quietly film her then.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun May 31, 2020 11:37 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Cats do not take direction for very long.

No doubt. Can you imagine what it must have been like shooting a film like Homeward Bound?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:12 am

^ Yikes, I remember that movie from my childhood. Those animal shoots must have been tedious.

Also, your News Archive is really neat. I forgot a lot of the stuff in there happening.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:42 am

A friend's hoping to put together an FF7 cookbook. There's details about it over here post/896614/ ^_^

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:35 am

I stay sane on weekends by playing in a cover band. Of course covid put a real damper on that action and since our last band of 5 years has broken up, my best friend and I are putting something together now that things are opening back up. It'll be a kind of rotating thing where we can do a gig as a duo or add
people as possible (or money allows) so that we can have a 4 or 5 piece. Bookings are starting to come in and I'm getting excited again! A little extra money
is good because it fuels my need for car parts for my other passion of restoring/maintaining a couple of older vehicles I have.

Specifically this weekend I'm finally going to finish the $#$%#$%#$ rear brake repair on my Reatta and spend some time on some artwork, which also helps me "breathe".

I hope everyone else is having as good a time as I am! ( It's a shame I spend most of the weekdays just wanting time to warp on by because I'm so burned out
at my regular job) :w00t:
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”