ITT: What are you working on right now?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

ITT: What are you working on right now?

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:07 pm

Inspired by the success of similar threads in the ZDoom and Twoism communities, this is a thread for creative folks of all kinds to post about what they're working on at the moment. Over at ZDoom.org it's usually mapping or Doom modding-related, and at Twoism it's usually music-related, but anything goes. Music, writing, artwork, anything as long as you're making it.

Whether you just want to talk about what you're doing or show us a preview of your latest work-in-progress, this is the thread to do it in!

People posting large pictures or long text, please use spoiler boxes to make navigation easier!

I'll start things off with two screenshots of a Doom level I'm working on for Vaporware:
SPOILER: Show

edit: http://sl4.poned.com/screens/index.php?dir=vapor%2F09%2F10.23%2F some more progress shots!

So, what are you working on right now?
Last edited by esselfortium on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:08 pm

My book, which is around 19000 words now.
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

MatrixRefugee
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MatrixRefugee » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Still tinkering with "Neon Enoch Evangelion" -- Yah, I haven't posted anything in the past few days: I've been busy with work and I haven't been feeling too well due to "female inconveniences", plus I've been feeling a bit demoralized from a lack of feedback on the fic.
My Anime List profile || DarkScribes page

Avatar: At least the wintry gent is smiling a bit, instead of facepalming...

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm thinking about working on some AMVs but I often have trouble with figuring out what song I really want to use. I'm also working on another kind of project but for... personal reasons I don't want to mention what they are here.

Also a few picture edits here and there.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:27 pm

I've been messing around with various music production programs and will occasionally create something pretty good.

Other than that, me and my friends are working on the script for a Live Action RPG Parody...we actually just finished episode 4. ^_^

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:32 pm

The current live project is a set of tools and utilities for .net programming, written in F# to give me practice with that language.

And there are a lot of things I have in hibernation, both code (porting my old flaky C++ based FTP client to .net; porting my old C+Java PGP reimplementation to either .net or JVM; porting my astroclock silverlight widget to Silverlight 3 so I can do 3D; reworking it as an applet for Scala or Clojure,...) and fiction (the Nanoha/NGE fic, and my incomplete -- and in places purely notional -- aspects of Singularity pieces).
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:44 pm

a Rei Ayanami CAW in WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:57 pm

Pretty much taking and editing photos of late. Add to that a handful of half finished songs. Music and Photography are constants.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:17 pm

My CYOA Maya and SIRP in the fandom area. three characters in WoW, and I was quasi working on some fanfics, but Ive given them a birth for a long time some time ago :dejected:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:01 pm

Too much. :derp:

Completing the paying video projects I have now.

Finding more work.

Networking with film/video artists.

Writing a personal sci-fi script to film in February.

Working on an animated short film of mine whenever I find the time (barely).

Character designs for a very sudden web-comic idea. Didn't want to forget them, so I just jotted them down and saved them for later when I actually had time (not for a while). Lots of different art styles to depict the different characters, from the sinister DC comic look, to Chuck Jones stylization, to the chibi Manga resemblance. Not leaving any pop-culture art style untouched on this one.

I might post updates in spoiler tags in the future, with the precise project labeled in the spoiler tag.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:23 pm

In theory, I'm working a ton of random things. Most of them are just hiding in the dark corners of my HD though, slowly going mad from isolation. I'm good at starting things, not so much at finishing them... I tend to get distracted by shiny new ideas as they float by. :leekspin:

Well, unless you mean real work... I'm currently in the process of turning a client's rough ideas for a powerpoint presentation into something that doesn't appear to have been cobbled together out of macaroni and glitter.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:07 pm

http://dartzirl.110mb.com

Both the website itself, and the fanfic on it.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:23 pm

As you can tell by my sig I've been made the head of propaganda over at darkscribes. They are down to a handful of people due to a million reasons, and Those of us left are intent on building it back up, so I've been looking for places with active fandoms and trying to pull people over.

Anyone wants to stop by your welcome.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Jesterhead
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Jesterhead » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:03 pm

Got a few projects on the go.

-1/100 MG Sinanju and Unicorn Gundam.

-1/1350 HMCS Haida.

-Building a File server (with a nice RAID setup) for class.

-Building a mineral oil submersion cooling system for a PC, again for class.

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:30 pm

I'm also working on getting a maid outfit together, as many of you know. I'm also working on my clint eastwood cotume.
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:41 pm

^ HOORAY FOR MAIDS! :clap:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Hm, well lets get my little list out, shall we?

I've got my play (Arsenic & The Old Lace) that opens October 30th, and will have five showings after that opening. A lot of stress going into that, mostly do to the progression of the rest of the cast. But most of us can manage to create art under pressure.

As of late, I've been writing a lot of poetry and lyrics. Working on getting interesting beats for each of those on my shitty drum set.

I write lyric analysis of songs that catch my attention. In between projects right now, but I've got a list that's narrowing quickly.

School related: I have project after project, essay after essay, and presentation after presentation for each of my classes. Any week now I'm going to get my "Exhibition" project dropped on my lap. It's the biggest project of the year that I have to do every year; each year is a different subject. This year I believe is going to be in the sciences. If I heard correctly from those who have done it, I have to create an experiment that encompasses both Physical Science, and Biology or Chemistry. Failing just one Exhibition can prevent me from graduating high school; so far I've done five nigh perfectly and this will be my last one before I do a Senior Project next year. Not sure what the criteria on that is yet.

A basic plot idea I've had for a while now is finally being shaped into something a bit more concrete now that I'm actually getting things down on paper (er, well... typing things down in Notepad). Still working on the overarching plot, trying to get things to fit in where they should go, but progress is finally being made.

And of course, last but not least, I cannot forget the RPG in the Fandom Section, where I write for two original characters. Lots of time going into that.

Everything else I'm working on probably doesn't fall under any category that would be valid for this thread.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:00 pm

- Working on homework (this gets procrastinated).
- Working on learning German, Chinese (writing), Japanese, and Russian, with varying success rates.
- In the process of applying for an exchange student scholarship to go to Germany next year.
- Applying to colleges in case I can't go to Germany.
- Occasionally drawing pictures, coloring them, and putting them on Deviantart.
- Refining a plot I hope to make into a manga in a couple years.
- Designing a computer game with a friend as part of a major school project.

A basic plot idea I've had for a while now is finally being shaped into something a bit more concrete now that I'm actually getting things down on paper (er, well... typing things down in Notepad). Still working on the overarching plot, trying to get things to fit in where they should go, but progress is finally being made.

What is the plot about?

Too much.

*reads post.
I agree.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:12 pm

LeoXiao wrote:What is the plot about?

Still in the development stages, and I'm embarrassed to say anything at this point. But what I will say is that it is somewhat of a satire and social commentary using a fantasy setting and plot to convey my message. So mostly an action/adventure plot with other messages behind it. Remind you of anything?

I'm seriously considering making it a Steampunk fantasy.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:00 pm

Rewrite of Evangelion (new chapter up soon)
Inochi no Ki (hopefully something will be up tomorrow)
Shinji Ikari CYOA (something up soon)

Half a dozen RPG's I'm making

Planning for National Novel Writing Month (November approacheth)

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”