[TV] South Park

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Second half of season 14 starts in October if I remember correctly.

The person behind the South Park threats got arrested.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:30 pm

The person behind the South Park threats got arrested.

It took them that long? Ah well, better late than never. Anyone want to guess how they're gonna spoof the BP spill?
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:06 pm

It has to have Starvin Marvin. You can't talk about the Gulf Spill without talking about the Niger Delta (and probably Ecuador too). Yeah, I know Marvin is from Ethiopia, but I believe it's the only native African chara they have.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:34 pm

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/faq/

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I, and apparently many people, missed "201". I know this may be too soon but I was wondering if you know if Comedy Central will allow "201" to be on the Season 14 DVDs in it's entirety? As in, how Matt and Trey wanted it? Please answer cuz I would really like to know.

We honestly don't know yet. It's a lame response, but it's the truth.

For those that want to keep up to date. The second half of the season is supposed to be occur on October 6th.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

scarmullet
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby scarmullet » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:08 pm

I heard somewhere that 200 and 201 wont appear in the episode list for the Season 14 DVD/Blu-ray release, but will be held back to Season 15 as a special feature, uncut.
Me and my Droogs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarmulletpart2
Serindip LLC are Nazis!!!!

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Damn self-censure... thanks God for The Pirate Bay then...
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:16 pm

View Original Postscarmullet wrote:I heard somewhere that 200 and 201 wont appear in the episode list for the Season 14 DVD/Blu-ray release, but will be held back to Season 15 as a special feature, uncut.

That would suck but doesn't make a lot of sense. Is there any official confirmation article on the net?
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Comedy showed a preview with new footage, few things:

-The aliens from the promos from the first half of the season
-Eric gets his leg broken after attempting something
-The Coon and Mysterion will return while introducing new super heroes

By tomorrow we should have something on the first ep.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:09 pm

I usually groan at how anything remotely mindscrewy or metafictional ends up getting compared to Evangelion, but it's the best comparison I can think of for last night's South Park. I remembered this Tsurumaki quote in particular:

About the time that the production system was completely falling apart, there were some opinions to the effect that, "If we can't do satisfactory work, then what's the point of continuing?" However, I didn't feel that way. My opinion was, "Why don't we show them the entire process including our breakdown." You know -- make it a work that shows everything including our inability to create a satisfactory product. I figured that, "In 10 years or so, if we look back on something that we made while we were drunk out of our minds, we wouldn't feel bad even if the quality wasn't so good."
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:12 pm

^That's uncanny.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Last night's episode was pretty close to brilliant and renewed my (waning) faith in the show. Not too long ago I watched Cannibal! The Musical and it reminded me of why I fell in love with Trey Parker and Matt Stone's work in the first place. Following that, it pained me to watch this past season, where all traces of the enthusiasm, inspiration, wit and intelligence present in that earlier work were all but gone in favor of tired, soulless rehashes of the same formulas over and over again. Last night's episode went a long way toward proving they've still got it.

That said, I don't think Evangelion is the only other point of reference in regards to works that have "gone meta", subverting themselves and exposing their creators' breakdown. I'll turn to our friends over at TV Tropes for some other examples.
Last edited by gatotsu911 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Damn it, you guys beat me to it. Oh well, I said all I needed to say about last night's episode on my Twitter feed.
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:24 pm

They did an interview on The Daily Show that was mostly about Book of Mormon, but they also talked a bit about South Park. tl;dw: They had fun making the episode but won't know how they'll continue until August.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:46 pm

I saw that interview. What they said, as I recall, was that they were surprised that everyone thought they were getting tired of doing the show. They weren't. This episode was just an episode like any other -- it wasn't the exposure of some kind of creative breakdown nor a herald of a fast-coming end to the series.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:54 pm

...does this mean Trey and Matt just trolled everybody without knowing it?
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:04 pm

View Original PostC.A.P. wrote:...does this mean Trey and Matt just trolled everybody without knowing it?

Sounds about right, and it probably isn't the first time something like this has occured from their creative process :chuckles:
Voluntary Illusion.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:06 am

Their statements seem rather ambivalent. They put their feelings into the episode, but they had fun making it and the show isn't ending. It's likely they got a kick out of making fun of themselves.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:16 am

Bump! :w00:

FWIW, I haven't watched South Park in forever, but Stick of Truth was hilarious. Haven't ever laughed that much while playing a game!

But this...JJ SWATT MACHINE. GLORIOUS.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/12/8/7355837/south-park-washington-nfl-team-holiday-special-teaser
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:31 am

The whole European censorship deal means that I’ll probably never play Stick of Truth out of principle alone.
Censorship in a South Park game. Lame, Ubisoft. Super lame.

I’m still an avid watcher of the show. Parker and Stone could crap on a plate and I’d call it pudding, but a few things do still annoy me-
This is at least the second year in a row now that an episode has been delayed a week. Is it a thanksgiving thing? I don’t know nor do I care. I hate waiting for new South Park.
I especially hate two-parter episodes. More waiting.
I have no idea who Lorde is… but it’s a Randy Marsh story, so I can dig it.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:52 am

I confess I have seen a fair chunk of Stick of Truth through youtube...

I do enjoy the occasional South Park episode - I say 'occasional' as I don't really find that the tension/tone of the show is suited to my thought-space.

That said, I did catch the episode the other week that involved Magic: The Gathering. Who else saw that? I cannot say if the card game had been represented accurately but it sounded as if it had.

I missed the two Lorde episodes - though I cannot say I 'missed' them per se, I find her interesting as a person but I have not really heard any of the young-people-pop-diva music that has been floating about of late.
Voluntary Illusion.

Return to “Film and Video”