[CYOA]Nagisa Kaworu Raising Project

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:11 am

E! Sorry, Asuka-chan.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:53 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Yea, okay, I guess it's pretty unanimous. E it is.

~~~~

It's...been almost a month, hasn't it?

A month since that horrible day.

"Shinji-kun...Rei-chan...Kaworu-kun."

They were all taken away from me, just as we were really becoming like a family. I never knew I could miss someone this much.

I never even cried tears like this for my father.

My coffee's long since gone cold, and I pushed it away and wiped my tears off the table with my sleeve. Pen-Pen's been fed, but he hadn't eaten, staring at me in concern.

Right now, he'd normally be fighting with Kaworu-kun, and then he'd hide behind Rei and take advantage of her sympathies, while they both start vying for Shinji to pick a side. All over some adorable little mishap, like who's turn it was for the remote.

"What kind of God would let this happen? What kind of jackass sends Angels like this and then takes away a bunch of innocent kids serving their people like that? What the hell is Eva, anyway?!" I bang my fists on the table. Pen-Pen squawked, and I was about to apologize to startling him when I heard a voice.

"Adam's second wife. Or third, if you count the one with the open guts. Frankly, Lilith was way hotter, in my opinion, but she didn't know her place."

I turn to the voice and almost grab my gun, when I see who it is. I sigh in relief. "Mary...Hey, Makinami-san, how many times do I have to tell you to use the door? And knock? And stay right-side up when talking to people?"

My neighbor, Ms. Makinami Mary, was hanging in from my kitchen window upside-down, eating potato chips. That couldn't be good for digestion, but she can do whatever she wants, I guess.

"Wait, hold on, how long have you been hanging there, you eavesdropper?"

"An hour. I smelled coffee, but you didn't offer any, so I went back and got myself some chips. Want some? S'barbecue."

"No thanks." ¬_¬

"Suit yourself." She tossed a chip towards Pen-Pen, who avoided it like it was poison. Good bird.

"So, do you want something, or...?"

"Oh, I was just kind of listening to your little drama about the kids. Speaking of, have you seen my daughters anywhere? They went to greet that new pilot that's coming in from Ukraine or someplace, and I haven't seen them since."

"Wait, Asuka's here? Already?" I check the calender, and curse, "Shit, I completely forgot!"

Just as I prepare to clean myself up and go pick up my new charge, Mary says, "By the way, you wanna know how to get them out? Of Eva, I mean. You want them out of her belly?"

"...what can you possibly know about that?" Ritsuko hadn't been able to do shit, but I was completely wary now, and willing to listen, since she already knew something that she probably shouldn't be knowing. "How do I see them again?"

"Well, it's complicated. You know that riddle about the wolves and the sheep and the boat and the river and stuff? It's kind've like that. They can't all fit out of the hole, because that's just how it works, but they can't leave it empty, right? And if one gets out, the other two are stuck."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Listen. It's like a donut-nut. You take it like a peanut, and you crack it's shell, and there's yummy donuts inside, and it's cool because they have holes, so you can control traffic, right?"

...Is my neighbor a druggie? "Look, if you're just going to screw around-"

"Look, it's not that hard, Misato-san. Just make the hole bigger. Make it open up. You know all about that, right? You're a good girl."

...Wait, did she mean-?

"Oh, and you probably wanna be quick about it. Because of that thing."

She pointed, just as sirens blared. Out towards the sea, I could see a large, crystalline structure approaching through the air, and I instantly recognized it for what it had to be: An Angel.

"Well, I'm gonna go get the girls. No doubt they're going to go try and see it. Bye!" She zipped off like a madwoman, not going to the shelters, though not that I honestly expected her to, at this point.

Time was short. I had to...

A) Head to NERV, and confront Unit 00.
B) Go find Asuka and have her deal with the Angel.
C) Go find the Makinamis before they get themselves killed!
D) Hit the bottle, this was way too stressful.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:04 pm

I think Asuka will manage to make do. I'll go with A for now.

Deadbolt
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Deadbolt » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:19 pm

Go for C.

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Sat May 01, 2010 5:34 pm

A. Totally A

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Tue May 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Letter A! Is for Awesome!

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun May 09, 2010 4:25 pm

This chapter seems like it'd be an appropriate Mother's Day posting.

~~~~

"No. Absolutely not."

"Oh, c'mon, Ritsuko! You have to let me try! Pleaase? It's not like we have any other options!"

She gave me that puppy dog lip of hers, but I wasn't going to be taken in.

"No! It's stupid, it's reckless, it's irresponsible, and it could get us all killed. Why aren't you looking for the Second Child? There's an Angel right ou-" I'm interrupted by a rumble. "Shit...What was that?!"

I turned to the bridge, where I could hear Maya making the first comment. "The Angel is starting to...bore through, like with a drill or something! It's trying to penetrate the GeoFront!"

"See?! We don't have time to wait! I have some men looking for Asuka, but in the meantime, why can't we try?"

"You do know what you're asking for is complete nonsense, right? Even if you COULD somehow contact their egos, we'd still need to put a living person in the Entry Plug to make mental contact, and I'm sure as hell not putting YOU in there."

"You don't have to!"

Misato immediately shoved her...pet...in my face. "Squawk!"

"...your bird? We're...putting....?"

"Pen-Pen'll do it, for sure! He's great friends with all three of them, so wouldn't that help the sync rate or something? Besides, he's not a human life, so it's alright, right?"

The penguin seemed to understand, and looked at it's owner with a look of terror, and it's reply was Misato's devious wink.

"...Fine. But only so that you'll leave me alone about it. If you want dead bird for dinner I guess this isn't the worst way of making it happen. Aoba, do we have any Plugsuits for someone of...eh..three feet or so? With wide arms?"

"Eh?"

------------

...I can't believe she's doing this, but might as well hand her the mike.

"Alright, Pen-Pen, this is just as we've planned. I'm going to tell you what I want them to hear, and you tell them for me, okay?"

"Squawk!"

"Thassa' good boy, you're gonna get so much fish tonight! Alright, let's do it! Tell those guys to wake up and get moving! It's time for an operation!"

Sigh. "So, what's the Sync ra-?"

"Unbelievable! Quadruple Manifold Sync Ratio! Code Sepia!"

"Wait, what?"

"Sync Ratio at 189%! Amazing."

I look at Misato. I look at the screen. I look at Unit 00. I look at Misato. I look at the screen. I look at Unit 00. I look at Commander Ikari...Gendo.

He only stared with his hands folded, as always. "Launch."

------------------

"Now, what did we learn today?"

"Not to mix up Swedes with Polish?" My eldest said.
"Don't trust the word of a Belgian?" My youngest said.

"Good, good. You've both learned from your mistakes, and that's what matters."

I hold my dear Maria's hand, and we look at the sky, watching the beautiful flares of N2 and positronic rifle, creating an array of light and color that contrasts with the setting sun. "You know what? It's such a nice day, how about we have dinner right here?"

Sitting down on the hill, we start emptying our backpacks, with packaged convenience foods, soft drinks, and candy bars. Ah, civility.

Mari was the one who pointed, "Mom, mom, look!" An orange-plated giant was raised to do battle with the heavenly messenger, which attacked with a beam.

It should've incinerated Eva immediately, but I did not expect that deflection. That AT Field...

Maria was the one who pouted. "Not fair! Not fair, cheaters! It's four against one! Four against one! Momma!"

My cute baby. "Aww, honey, you want them to play nice and fight fair?"

"Uh huh!"

"Mari?"

"Sounds like fun."

We evened things out.

-------------------------

"What the hell is that, Ritsuko?"

"I don't know! What's the MAGI say about those things?"

"It's not sure. It's picking up three additional AT Fields, but they're not attached to anything! How's that possible?!" "As if one wasn't enough, it's like they're all copies of the Angel's!" "Blood Type Pattern Violet? What on earth does that mean?"

------------------------

"Squawk! Squawk squawk squawwwk!"

"A-ah, I'm sorry, Pen-Pen, we didn't mean to get you--"

"Concentrate, Shinji. This was probably inevitable. We need to focus on the task at hand. Those aren't any of my children's fields. Rei, do you recognize them?"

"I do not. Or, that is...not entirely."

"What do you mean? Have you guys seen something like this before?"

"Rei and I have...well, how to put it..."

"One of them distinctly has the same feel as Maria Makinami's AT Field projection."

A) We're fucked. Retreat! PenPen option.
B) Find a way to talk to Misato-san and Akagi-san! Shinji option.
C) Make telepathic contact with Remiel. Kaworu option.
D) Eject the others and kamikaze. Rei option.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Deadbolt
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Deadbolt » Sun May 09, 2010 4:35 pm

A! Penpen saving the day is just too awesome.

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Sun May 09, 2010 5:39 pm

C, let's try pulling an Arael on the Angel of d4s.

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun May 30, 2010 3:04 am

Bumping. C'mon, people, we need a tie-breaker atleast.

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Sun May 30, 2010 8:36 am

I go for C! I'd love to see more Angelic dialogue apart from Kaworu!

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun May 30, 2010 5:16 pm

"Everyone, let me speak to it." I speak into our collective mind.

"K-Kaworu-kun, are you sure you can do that? I mean it's..."

"Remember what we discussed before, Ikari. Kaworu's children, the Angels, shall surely listen to their mother."

"...Squawk."

And so I began. I tried to reach that child, and hope it lets me into it's heart.

...My child.

Mother? You are Mother? You...You are! The soul and the body! But...Mother, there are others...they-

-Are friends. It is a long story, and I do not have the time to tell you now. Listen, my child. Our existences are both threatened as things stand. If you do as you plan, I may die.

OH NO!

Ssh...don't worry, I have a plan. You do not need that body. Come back to me, and allow me to destroy that form. The situation requires it's destruction, but I can save your soul.

I...I don't understand, what's happening?

Do you trust me?

...More than anything.

If I had a mouth I'd smile. Remiel's soul flowed into us, and Rei quickly dispatched the defenseless vessel.

Pen-Pen takes charge of leading us back to standby, and I can feel the uncomfortable awkwardness of my companions.

"Um...Kaworu-kun, who is this?"

"You brought it in here, of all places?"

Um...uh..h-hello....um...Mother, I don't know them. Um-

"You are called Remiel. Right now, this is the safest place for you to be."

Shinji was the one thought expressed what we were all thinking. "What do we do now? How will we explain this to everyone?"

No one else had the ability to help with this sort of thing. Rei simply snubbed me mentally. "You brought it here. Take responsibility." And here I was thinking she had shaken her trained hatred of my kind. Was she mad at me for bringing an Angel within us?

Either way, it was up to me to decide how to solve this problem:

We could...always just sit here, but NERV would probably notice a fourth soul present, on top of them wondering why Remiel just ceased attacking and was dispatched with such ludicrous leisure. And this is of course not factoring in their machines possibly being able to pick up on the transfer of soul.

Of course, bearing Remiel's presence in mind, we could all finally leave, and let Remiel take this form. This would be efficient, as I could most definitely sync with vim, and possibly take over as Unit 00's pilot. Of course, there's still the extra soul problem. Could I lie and say he's a fragment of my soul, left behind to allow us to escape? This relies on how much detail their analysis can actually give them.

...But on that note, there is Rei Ayanami. Could I convince her to divide her soul again, reinstating the status quo for our escape? I would hate to ask this of her, after she's finally become whole; and with this method, I could sneak Remiel out of here and move him outside of NERV's view. I'm confident in my ability to mask Remiel's soul with my AT Field. Maybe if I reminded Rei of her obligation to mask our true natures that she agreed to, she might do it. That way she wouldn't have to think of this as giving up her hide for my child's sake.

A) There's no good option; stay in the Eva some more.

B) Leave Remiel behind so you can all escape.

C) Ask Rei to make a sacrifice for the sake of secrecy (and Remiel).

Deadbolt
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Deadbolt » Sun May 30, 2010 5:27 pm

Option C desu~

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Sun May 30, 2010 9:15 pm

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun May 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Oh shit you mean I'm fanon-obligated to make Option B lead into Super Robot Wars?

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Sun May 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Nah, but setting this set up for an Angel being the soul of an Angel synching with an Angel to fight other Angels sounds like an awesomely crazy battle plan.

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Mon May 31, 2010 1:57 pm

Haha oh man, B sounds awesome now, but...I'm torn between it and C :c

...B

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Bumping this again incase more people wanna comment. Three votes seems a bit small for a decision of this magnitude.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:03 pm

B. Sorry for leaving you, Rami. :(

Return to “Role-Playing Related”