"You know you're obsessed with NGE when" thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Re: "You know you're obsessed with NGE when" thread

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun May 27, 2018 4:03 am

View Original PostArfenosPorrows wrote:when you try to turn your own room into Rei's depressing one, also, when you try to speak german casually to be cool like Asuka. (I actually did that stuff when I first watched NGE when I was little)

Is this a "get you a man who can do both" monent?

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I think you're officially obsessed with NGE if you've been an EvaGeeks member for more than a month & you still keep posting.

*Raises hand*

*Looks at Joined date*

"Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:36 am"

Fuck.

*insert Fuyutsuki facepalm here*

I guess you know you're obsessed with NGE when...you want to secretly amass all of humanity's resources to build armored Eldritch Abominations to fulfill an insane Assimilation Plot?
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Thu May 31, 2018 6:15 am

I know I'm obsessed with NGE when I say "Activate Dummy system", "Launch the N2 bomb" or "Deploy MP Evas" when I'm angry against someone, when I start laughing stupidly after seeing a store named "LCL", when I try to breathe into my orange juice, when I sing "A cruel Angel's thesis" without realising it for several minutes or when I buy orange stained sunglasses to look like Gendo.

EDIT : I was hesitating between two pairs of sandals. The first was dark green and the second was dark blue with orange touches. Guess what ? I took the second one because it looked exactly like Mark 06's color scheme. I hope the next time I won't have to choose between a red pair and a purple pair.
Last edited by ZQFMGB on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:03 pm

When there isn't a single day you don't write about it in some way I guess.
Which is my reality lol
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Jibe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Jibe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Does it count?

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:07 pm

^ I would say so, but I don't speak for everyone here ^_^
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:50 am

Nah, it should be a bus to have the bulky look! :tongue:
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.

Neepa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Neepa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Hopefully not gonna be banned for these even though they are censored.
The work of some creepy dude from Japan.
Not SFW  SPOILER: Show

Stumbled over it.
Also has some very "nice" features built in.

Now praying to not getting permabanned.....

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:58 pm

:huh: :uhh: :cringe: :facepalm:

The person who made this will be eaten by Unit 01. Slowly. I don't know how but I swear I'll make it happen. Heh, I guess that shows how obssessed I am too.

Don't worry though, you probably won't get banned. After all, we're Eva fans, we're used to depressing, weird and mind-raping things.

Alienlifeform
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Alienlifeform » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:28 am

Does jerking off in front of your comatose friend count?

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:03 pm

I know I'm obsessed with Eva when I eat like Unit 01 in ep 19 (including the horrible noises and a roar after finishing) and don't get why folks are disgusted, and when I'm agonizing over which 150$ figure I'm going to buy.

scorpew
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby scorpew » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:04 pm

When you:
    - Dream about NGE.
    - Have posters about NGE in your room.
    - Have NGE wallpapers.
    - Have merchandising.
    - Have watched NGE more than one time.
    - Got frustrated for not understanding something, and can stop trying to find about it.

Kakyoku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kakyoku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:40 pm

I just bought a $100 Rei figure and a $50 End of Evangelion DVD. Help. :irked:
Even if I die, I’ll still be replaced.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Yeah, merch spendings are a good indicator :P
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:50 pm

You know, despite the fact that I absolutely LOVE Evangelion-- I've watched the anime at least twice and all of the movies-- I don't actually own any merchandise. I've never been interested in buying the manga since as far as I know it's mostly the same story as the anime except for the ending, and none of the spinoffs really piqued my interest either. I don't really like to invest in scale models, character figures, and the like, since I'm not keen on spending money on something just to have it sit there and collect dust. I don't even own the series on DVD (though I've really, really, been meaning to).
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:09 am

Sort of same here, I'm interested in NGE and NTE, but thats about it. Even didn't care much for the additional story provided by the Evangelion games (the shit about FAR and all that, never liked it).

I own the manga, NGE on DVD and the NTE movies on Bluray.
And these stories already differ enough from each other, I really don't need additional spinoffs.

Merchandise? Hmm, I got a t-shirt with Evachu on it (eva-01 / pikachu mashup), thats about it.
I do have 2 handdrawn Evangelion pieces made by my mother hanging on my walls (eva-01 berserk bust shot, and eva-01 protecting eva-02 from harpies from manga).

But models? No, no interested at all. Especially not of characters.
I find having posters or models of sexy children in skintight suits a bit creepy.
Eva's and other machinery (like Wunder), maybe. If it weren't so bloody expensive.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:26 am

...when you recognize the episodes just from the sound of an isolated scene, without looking at the screen, and without actually knowing Japanese.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:45 am

Okay that is next level. Do I even want to know how ,any times you've watched the show to achieve that ability? xD
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:56 am

When you visit a friend at hospital and - nah, just kidding.
Kindness is optional, the evil goatee is mandatory.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:49 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:...when you recognize the episodes just from the sound of an isolated scene, without looking at the screen, and without actually knowing Japanese.

So you're saying that if any random "cicadas buzzing" moment is blindly played to you, you'll know which episode it is? :devil:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:07 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Okay that is next level. Do I even want to know how ,any times you've watched the show to achieve that ability? xD

Now I watch it once every one or two years (maybe revisting some key scenes/episodes in between, especially EoE and 3.0, because they inspire me so much).
But as a teen? Boooff. I watched the crap out of it. It's burned into my brain.
I gotta say, this happens to me with all media I really love. I don't get bored if it. Second place is probably the Dragon Ball manga with how often I've revisited it.

So you're saying that if any random "cicadas buzzing" moment is blindly played to you, you'll know which episode it is?

I wish my ability was that strong lol.
Maybe I'll achieve that level some day.
I'll need some seconds to recognize the episode haha. But I'm worringly fast. I sure was a giant nerd (and still am).

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”