WTF is with Kaworu and Asuka (shipping)?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:40 am

Halicat wrote:Oooooh where are those links? Do want!
Right here, maybe I shouldn't embed links in small font :sweatdrop:
supershinjiasukashipper wrote:@synapsid:
i think in an K/A/S relationship, nobody would feel left out. (hey, i did admit shin might be bi.)
but in just an K/A relationship which shin found out about, he would be pissed at kaworu for taking Asuka, but he probably wouldn't say anything about it and go into a catatonic state. but the problem with K/A relationships is the two dominate personalities. one would have to back down, or that relationship wouldn't work. and we all know Asuka wouldn't back down.
Well a three way is always fine, too look at at least.
The problem is that if one of the triad is or feels like they're being left out it won't end well, especially if this is late in the show: Asuka after being violated by an angel isn't going to want to have to compete for Kaworu's affection with a weepyukeShinji who's too passive to really help her out. Then there's also the fact that Asuka's a bit of a prude(and a hypocrite like every one in the show), she does routinely say that Misato or Shinji's behavior is shameful so I don't know how that would play out.
[URL=http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Synapsidia/EVA/?action=view&current=illust14.jpg]Image[/URL]

The K/A dominance is not as much of a problem as it might seem, Asuka normally seems to be quite dominant in her relations, and she does seem to run into a lot of friction with her dominant peers who refuse to back down, Touji for instance (I don’t quite think the Instrumentality world can fit given that their circumstances were so radically different) but that isn’t how she acts with everyone, if you’ve noticed she does try to act feminine around certain people like Kaji, It probably wouldn’t be wrong to say that Asuka does want to be a waifu but she’s very selective about who she wants to be a waifu to, but from the concepts around it seems more than likely that she’d be Kaworu’s waifu if he’d hold her. If it wouldn’t work it’s just because Tabby won’t hold her, or even look at her.
NemZ wrote:Bah! Shinji might be a little jealous but overall he'd be happy if they're happy. Seeing such a relationship start to develop might prompt Rei to want to investigate this phenomenon firsthand, thus wacky hijinks would ensue.

Well, until reality gives everyone the next big serving of suck, anyway.
I guess how it turns out kind of depends on how far along the series this goes on in, that might happen if it's early enough along it and Ayanami is around to help. If it's cira the version of 24 with Asuka though, I can't see him being happy, even if Kaworu and Asuka are both happy his behavior did seem to go well past obsession and he didn't have much consideration for anyone other than Kaworu at that point, he also didn't take Kaworu's rejection to well. So some sort of shrieking at any attempt (guilty)Asuka might try at consoling him and turning into some sort of yandere stalker seems plausible. Then again the Kaworu betrayal part might hurt him less and Asuka might end up resenting it if he's the one to kill.
supershinjiasukashipper wrote:there's also fan rape, but that would apply to the A/R, Kw/S, and Kj/S pairings.
Actualy K/A seems to have a fairly large amount of rape type stories, it's a bit ironic in a way, although it might just be because the over all theme of Asuka being violated by angels or their clones seems to be a common one. Oh and a good amount of Kj/S stuff is actualy consentual.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:12 am

Synapsid wrote:Actualy K/A seems to have a fairly large amount of rape type stories, it's a bit ironic in a way, although it might just be because the over all theme of Asuka being violated by angels or their clones seems to be a common one. Oh and a good amount of Kj/S stuff is actualy consentual.

Oh no, say that isn't true :( How do you know? Like, is it Kaworu raping her or something?

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:11 pm

Halicat wrote:Oh no, say that isn't true :( How do you know? Like, is it Kaworu raping her or something?
Err, yes there are things like that I've seen stuff of the sort It's actualy proportionately more common when Asuka is a male though...It might be because Asuka having been violated by angels, and the harpies which were controlled by some sort of Kaworuquarium :asuka_sad:
It probably doesn’t mean too much though, that doesn’t have any bearing on Kaworu, and rape stuff seems to happen to all of the characters: Armisael is common with Rei and Shinji, there’s even a doujinshi where it’s an evil looking Shinji that attacks Kaworu.

Sorry, I shouldn't talk about this (most of the K/A stuff is concetntual either way), I wanted to post something happy, but I failed at that :sweatdrop:
ImageAsuka would never get along with the Kaworuquarium/Tabbydumyplug though.
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:28 pm

I just think red and white look good together. I think that's one of the reasons why The White Stripes are so popular.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:44 pm

actually synapsid, i said fan rape.
the definition of fan rape is when fans take pairings too far, ignoring cannnon to make the characters suit their sexual desires or preferences.
in short, Shinji/Kaji, Shinji/gendo, Shinji/fuyuski, ECT.
thats fan rape. by definition.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

supershinjiasukashipper wrote:actually synapsid, i said fan rape.
the definition of fan rape is when fans take pairings too far, ignoring cannnon to make the characters suit their sexual desires or preferences.
in short, Shinji/Kaji, Shinji/gendo, Shinji/fuyuski, ECT.
thats fan rape. by definition.

Oh, I just thought you meant rape :sweatdrop:
...But you do know that at least two of those have a good degree of plausability if the order is reversed Kaji/Shin and Fuyu/Shin to be specific, and I'm realy not kiding about it :shinji_blush: Although on F/S is one sided and Fuyutsuki-sensei really would only be projecting his afection for Yui on to Shinji because he looks just like his mother..

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Synapsid wrote:Oh, I just thought you meant rape :sweatdrop:
...But you do know that at least two of those have a good degree of plausability if the order is reversed Kaji/Shin and Fuyu/Shin to be specific, and I'm realy not kiding about it :shinji_blush: Although on F/S is one sided and Fuyutsuki-sensei really would only be projecting his afection for Yui on to Shinji because he looks just like his mother..

annnny way, moving on, thats what fan rape is, and poor Shinji is a victim. even K/S shipping has become fan rape to a degree. i could explain which degrees, but lets save that for another time. annd thanks again for that image, it was hawt.
Interesting Quote:
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Synapsid wrote:there’s even a doujinshi where it’s an evil looking Shinji that attacks Kaworu.

Is that where he beats the snot out of him first? Think I seen a few pages of that :shinji_boohoo:

Anyway on the subject of Kaworu/Asuka being fan rape I think that's true to a *Small* degree. I think it's one of those pairings that can possibly work as a means to pick the characters brains more than anything, this fanfiction hasn't been continued but the first two chapters are pretty believable, especially with how Kaworu treats Asuka with a brutal honesty, I like K/A more for the fact you can really delve into their minds, I know that's possible with S/A but anytime one fancies deviating from canon...

Last edited by Halicat on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

galacticgalaxy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby galacticgalaxy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:50 pm

I never really understood the Asuka/Kaworu pairing, or how large a fan-base its got- cannon-wise there is nothing to work with at all (as opposed to his relationship with Shinji or Rei).. I think its more of an aesthetic choice than anything else!

But now that Kaworu has entered the story early in 2.0 I can only imagine the dialogue between himself & Asuka- you just know they are going to but heads... his flirting with Shinji is bound to rub her up the wrong way!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:07 am

galacticgalaxy wrote:cannon-wise there is nothing to work with at all ... Kaworu has entered the story early in 2.0
It depends whether you consider the manga as canon -- Kaworu arrives early in the manga too (though Sadamoto's characterization is quite different for pretty much everyone).

The draft scripts for episode 24 have a bit of chemistry between the two.

Though the biggest excuse of all is in fics where Shinji gets mugged by fate earlier on, and Asuka remains as the last useful pilot of the initial three at the end.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:10 am

Halicat wrote:Is that where he beats the snot out of him first? Think I seen a few pages of that :shinji_boohoo:
Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s it, that version of Shinji was horrible... Not the artists work of course, but poor Tabby. Were you able to use the Japanese K/A site index?
Anyway on the subject of Kaworu/Asuka being fan rape I think that's true to a *Small* degree. I think it's one of those pairings that can possibly work as a means to pick the characters brains more than anything, this fanfiction hasn't been continued but the first two chapters are pretty believable, especially with how Kaworu treats Asuka with a brutal honesty, I like K/A more for the fact you can really delve into their minds, I know that's possible with S/A but anytime one fancies deviating from canon...
I think anything an artist/author writes that’s based of an existing work will always never keep to the original in every way and there isn’t any reason why it would have to, I think seeing someone’s interpretation of the characters and story is part of what makes it interesting.

That’s a really nice fic you linked us to (too bad it’s incomplete),I very much do like how they handled the characterization. It’s also sort of interesting in that it seems to blend different versions of the characters together, Tabby kind of does seem a bit like his manga version here. The pretty pictures you posted certainly don’t hurt either, thanks!

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:13 am

Synapsid wrote:Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s it, that version of Shinji was horrible... Not the artists work of course, but poor Tabby. Were you able to use the Japanese K/A site index?

The art style was nice definitely, but there is some basis for how Shinji was in it I think, thanks to EoE but still... :asuka_sad:

I was sort of able to browse a few of them, but for most I just couldn't navigate and after a while of trying just gave up :tongue:

And I definitely agree on deviating from canon, K/A pretty much relies on the complete abandonment of it to make their anime selves work at least, not that it's a bad thing but the common method is considered unoriginal now I imagine.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm

galacticgalaxy wrote:I never really understood the Asuka/Kaworu pairing, or how large a fan-base its got- cannon-wise there is nothing to work with at all (as opposed to his relationship with Shinji or Rei).. I think its more of an aesthetic choice than anything else!

But now that Kaworu has entered the story early in 2.0 I can only imagine the dialogue between himself & Asuka- you just know they are going to but heads... his flirting with Shinji is bound to rub her up the wrong way!

she's gonna kick some kaworu ass. then she's gonna take shin to a room and .......... (if only. *sighs*)
Interesting Quote:

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:12 am

Ok I know I'm a total sucker for K/A now since I dreamt about it last night :tongue:

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:11 am

Halicat wrote:Ok I know I'm a total sucker for K/A now since I dreamt about it last night :tongue:

wow, you dream about evangelion pairings, that needs to go to the "you know your obsessed with eva when" thread.
Interesting Quote:

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:51 am

supershinjiasukashipper wrote:
Halicat wrote:Ok I know I'm a total sucker for K/A now since I dreamt about it last night :tongue:

wow, you dream about evangelion pairings, that needs to go to the "you know your obsessed with eva when" thread.

LOL it probably does. I am shamed!

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 am

Halicat wrote:LOL it probably does. I am shamed!

no shame, we are eva geeks, we are better than other geeks. :toothy:
Interesting Quote:

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:06 pm

The only pairing I've ever had dreams about was me/Misato
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:51 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBRabr3uORY

Watch out for bad photoshop job but otherwise, this is pretty cute :tongue:

Fire_Flower
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fire_Flower » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:09 pm

Oh, come on guys this pairing makes no sense whatsoever,

-They dont have any interaction in the anime
-And in the manga he says things are getting interesting when Asuka was about to get mind raped (he just didnt care)

So where does this leave this pairing...as mere fapping material, (in my opinion I dont think they look good together at all)

Kaworu makes sense only with Rei or Shinji (and I hate yaoi)

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”