[CYOA]Shinji Ikari Phase 2

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

[CYOA]Shinji Ikari Phase 2

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:57 pm

You glare. They go away, a bit surprised. It wasn't funny. Mayumi smiles at you.

"So, want to go to the boardwalk?" she asks.

Accept!
Say no. you want to do some make-up training after you and Rei didn't train at all this week.
Say no, you're tired.
Say no, and make up some excuse.

PHASE ONE OF FIVE COMPLETE

This was the longest phase, at 23 days instead of the 20 of the next two, or the 19 of the final phases. This phase functioned primarily as a tutorial, introducing most concepts except the purely optional/avoidable ones (doing work for Nerv; character death). There are a couple of new items that will be discussed at the end of this assessment.

Relationships: Your relationship values fluctuate. One day, you're buddy-buddy with someone, the next you've blown them up and made out with someone else despite telling the first person you weren't interested. It's pretty chaotic.

Insight into Relationships: You've yet to experience this category. As of yet, for example, you have no clue why Rei and Asuka are so overly hostile to each other (more so than in series, excepting 22). Developing higher relationship scores would help you here.

School: You've been a mostly good student, although having missed those last few days, you're probably gonna have to work extra-hard to keep up. Henceforth, however, school is an entirely skippable scenario.

Work: You participated in no work for Nerv. This isn't a problem, but finding out Nerv's secrets can't be done by just going to school, piloting, and hanging out with people.

Piloting: Your synch ratio is improving, that's for sure. Unfortunately, your competence comes and goes, which has caused many issues.

Deaths: None, but this is because I pussied out during Jet Alone. Try to keep it this way.

Overall Decision Making: Really, I think I can summarize this up pretty well with one scenario. Toji and Kensuke propose you kiss Asuka. Despite there being two other choices; both of which making it clear that this is a moronic decision, you opt to kiss her. SPOILERS on Toji/Kensuke motivations:

SPOILER: Show
They never actually thought you would kiss Asuka, and even if they had, considering that you were clearly the boy she preferred the most, they wouldn't have thought it would have been such a big a deal as it ended up being

Phase Two Changes: First off, the kid gloves are off. Misato lived. Rei didn't, but that was okay because she's clonable. Henceforth, excepting Rei, death is the consequence of failure.

As mentioned above, school is entirely skippable. I will note when end of day is coming up and give you the option to go, or not to go. Of course, your classmates are all in school, generally, so this is really something that you should consider when you want to interact with adults.

Finally, relationships have become a bit more complicated. Thus far, I've been gentle, and the characters forgiving. However, you've caused enough complications that few of them are going to assume "Oh it was just a misunderstanding" now that you've had so many misunderstandings. Add in the fact that lying and deceiving have received additional complications (I won't elaborate here, and suggest that you avoid giving me reason to), and you're going to have to tread carefully.

Final Analysis: Poor. You guys have made some shitty decisions every now and again (waving at Shamshel? really?), and Shinji's relationship scores are pretty low compared to what they could be. Making intelligent decisions and focusing on building relationships that won't lead to conflict may help you improve.

LET PHASE TWO COMMENCE
Last edited by Legendary on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:03 am

Say no. you want to do some make-up training after you and Rei didn't train at all this week.

You learned your lesson, no stringing along; if you are already in tenuous good terms with Rei and Asuka, there's no need to add another variable. Keep Mayumi as a friend for the moment, but no romantic overtures.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:03 am

Train with Rei.

If you have to accept, make it clear there will be none of that huggy-smoochy-business :|

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:30 am

Seeing as I *made* this thread, I'm sure none of the mods will object much when I say:

TOPIC, BITCHES
Last edited by Legendary on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gryphus_OnE
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gryphus_OnE » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:33 am

those last couple posts was: lololololololololololololololol (have you any idea what you guys have almost ruined the game for all of us?)
and yes people TOPIC BITCHES.
as for the choices,
Say no bcuz u are tired, its time to move on girl!
"Each bolt in this magazine is a vote for Mankind" *Space Marine proceeds to exterminate Xenos and sits down upon completion* "you may now state your objections." - Metalsheep7

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:56 am

Sorry, duty calls.

Thursday is a training day (wouldn't want to make Rei upset by skipping, assuming she even remembers that deal), so we must sadly turn Mayumi down. Tomorrow or Saturday night is an option, however, and we shouldn't leave her hanging for too long. We got off pretty easy so far with her, and she's done nothing at all to deserve being dumped.

As to the "we must choose now!" mentality, why should we commit at this stage to to any of them? We should continue trying to get to know people better whenever possible, but it's way too early to be making any mission statements.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:04 am

NemZ wrote:As to the "we must choose now!" mentality, why should we commit at this stage to to any of them? We should continue trying to get to know people better whenever possible, but it's way too early to be making any mission statements.

Realistically I'd agree, but we don't seem to be doing too well with juggling them all as potential choices in this, as Legendary pointed out in his big status post on the previous page.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:10 am

esselfortium wrote:Train with Rei.

If you have to accept, make it clear there will be none of that huggy-smoochy-business :|

This please.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:01 am

Vote to just go train with Rei to make that clear
I won.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:37 am

I admit to having possibly been responsible for effing up the game with the harem thing, (read too many fanfics, I guess :redface: ) IMHO what we really NEED to do is work on increasing our RELATIONSHIP INSIGHT with an if not ALL of our choices. We need to get a clear look and view of where we stand so we can make an informed and wise choice on who we want to date. frankly we could do this by picking either choice here, but it will depend on our choices we make after that. Also we should probably try at the very least to spend more time with the stooges. Reallisticly thinking here, Asuka or teh Rei would most likely be one of our best choices, without getting to the "oh shut up your just shipping" territory.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rock-Slash » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:40 am

Say that you have to go to NERV, then after school go and train with Rei.
Themaninblack wrote:Just date Angel-chan

Over my banned account.

Dranzer
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Dranzer » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:35 am

Well,train with Rei.
Evangelion Genocide:chapter 14?!
CYOA:A Character Insert :D
And waiting for Evangelion 3.0 Q Quickening...Next summer,dudes! Or maybe before summer?:O ;)

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 am

"I'm sorry," you say. "Ayanami and I have to train since we've both been out for so long. Maybe another time?"

She looks disappointed, but nods. "I understand," she says. "Good luck, Ikari-kun." She sits down and eats lunch with you.

Training with Rei goes by well, and when that's finished (relatively quickly as Eva-00 is still a bit damaged and Rei can't stand being in there so long), you can pretty much go anywhere; talk with anyone.

Where to?

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:28 am

Go hang out with Hyugga. Shinji needs to be reminded there are bigger losers then him out there.
I won.

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rock-Slash » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:45 am

Try to talk with the good doctor if she isn't busy, if she is talk to Aoba.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:03 am

Talk with Hyuga.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:06 am

Rock-Slash wrote:Try to talk with the good doctor if she isn't busy, if she is talk to Aoba.

She's a bitch who hates Shinji's guts, nothing to gain in talking to her
I won.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:10 am

Talk to Aoba.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:12 am

Themaninblack wrote:She's a bitch who hates Shinji's guts, nothing to gain in talking to her

Except maybe some insight on how to be a better pilot, IMO.

Right now you need a friend in Nerv besides Misato; go look for Kaji.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rock-Slash » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:22 am

Themaninblack wrote:She's a bitch who hates Shinji's guts, nothing to gain in talking to her

She may be a bitch but she doesn't hate Shinji, she hates that Gendo put other womans(read: Yui, Rei) before her, and in the end she projected that hate in the only Ikari she could hurt(read: Shinji), we can make her less resentful and save our asses if we talk to her from time to time, and she's the head of the Project E there's a lot we can gain talking to her.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”