Digital Anime has licensed Evangelion (Brazil)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Maverick
Lilith

Digital Anime has licensed Evangelion (Brazil)

•      
  •      

Postby Maverick » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:19 pm

Hoooray!
Digital Anime, a Brazillian publisher, got its hands on the Renewal of Evangelion. They are releasing 9 DVD's as opposed to the 7 DVD's of the ADV Platinum Version.
It includes the episodes, director's cut and movies with all the remastered paraphernalia. Plus, it's going to include audio in Japanese (multichannel and stereo) and spanish (stereo), with subtitles in portuguese and english.

So, for everyone who doesn't care about the english dubs, this could be another good choice to consider. The price is R$45 (Brazil's currency) or +-US$15.

Needless to say that, as a brazillian, I'm canceling my preorder of the platinum version and buying this one :P
I'm still looking for more info about it, cuz I want a BOX to hold them all, but it seems that there won't have any. And 9 DVD's won't fit in ADV's box :/

More info on:
http://www.evangelion.com.br/
http://www.digitalanime.com.br/
Sorry folks, but the links are portuguese only :/
Boo!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:35 pm

If you're in region 4 or have a region 4 player that might be a good idea. I would be interested to see if they replicate that sweet red box from the original Japanese release.

While looking around, I found some info on how to hack your DVD player with a simple button presses.

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=3

Maverick
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Maverick » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:16 pm

From what I've read, they are releasing it as a region free DVD.
That being said, many people thought that they didn't acquire the rights for Evangelion, accusing them of piracy.
But, from what I've read, it's really an official product. The owner said that it took them 4 years to get the license from Gainax, due to the launch of the "Renewal of Evangelion".
Boo!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:19 pm

Maverick wrote:From what I've read, they are releasing it as a region free DVD.

That is, as they say, "teh awesome".

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:16 pm

*Ahem* I believe the correct term is "73h 4w350m3". Ph34r my 1337.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:01 am

What??? Brasil with Renewal? I wonder why the spanish dub but not subtitles. If it had spanish subtitles too t'would be a sure buy for me! Wonder which spanish dub they chose, if it was Spain's one, t'sucks much more than Mexico's one. Those two sites seem down now... guess I came too late.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”