[GAME] False facts about Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

[GAME] False facts about Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:24 am

This is a game we play with Doctor Who over at the Gallifrey Base forum.
The premise of the game is: Each player participates at least one "false fact" about Neon Genesis Evangelion and its spinoff materials, including, if you wish, mangas and video games. Not sure if I should allow Rebuild in the game, since that's relatively new.

The object of the game is: Players should try to one-up each other with the hilarity of the false fact--the funnier, the better. Don't worry if your example is not based in reality; this is just for laughs.
---------------------------------------------

Ready? I'll kick us off:

FALSE FACT #1: The tombstone reading "Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu" was the result of a translation error. Hideaki Anno originally wanted it to read "Kyoko 'Zeppelins' Soryu"--"Zeppelins" being her (appropriate) nickname from university onwards. This would not only provide some welcome comic relief during Asuka's mind-rape, but would also prove where the best genes in the Soryu family came from.

Also, her tomstone would have been shaped in a manner befitting her nickname. Alas, it was not to be. One of the designers got mixed up when reading the script, and mistranslated "Zeppelins" for "Zeppelin" (i.e. a maiden name). The comparatively dull headstone in the episode proper is the result. Sad, really.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Adekis
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Adekis » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:36 am

Sounds like fun.
Here we go!
-------------------------------------------------------
FALSE FACT #2: Gendo Ikari, often considered a cold bastard and emotionally abusive to his son, was in fact merely suffering from the inability to express his emotions, or "Ayanami Syndrome". He loved Shinji dearly and sent him off to live with with his Uncle/Teacher only for his own safety. When the Marduk report arrived, Gendo was so distraught that his son would be in danger that he cried for seven days.
After this, he resolved to make Shinji's stay as pleasent as possible, and painted his Eva Purple as an attempt to reach out to him. This color was the color of Shinji's favorite Teletubby at the time Gendo knew him. Sadly, Shinji merely thought that his father was subtly insulting him.
"Why do you foolish Lilin assume you can control me? 'Cause you can't control me!" - My take on the relationship between SEELE and Kaworu
"[Eva] is a story where the main character witnesses many horrors with his own eyes, but still tries to stand up again.
It is a story of will; a story of moving forward, if only just a little." - Hideaki Anno

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:55 am

^That's a good one.

Here's mine.

-------------------------------------------------------
FALSE FACT #3: Pen-Pen was originally from the south pole. Pen-Pen is in fact, Misato's father. After the contact experiment her father's soul was transfered into an experimental warm water penguin being kept in the same facility. After she got out of the container her father put her in he washed ashore later. Wandering the globe he was found by a research facility that was about to euthanize him. Misato rescued Pen-Pen and had him live with her. Feeling guilt over neglecting her daughter, he saw this a chance to make ammends with her, and a chance to see what his daughter accomplished in life.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:01 pm

False Fact #4: Hikari is actually Tosiro Miyamoto, a 47 year old male field agent of Nerv's section 2. After volunteering to have his brain placed in a military-grade bio-synthetic body designed to mimic a teenage girl (the real Hikari having been quietly disposed of), he was placed in a position of authority in the classroom where he would be able to function as bodyguard for the chosen pilots. He befriended Asuka to keep an eye on the Child most likely to cause problems, as well as creating a reasonable excuse to occationally monitor the security of the second and third children's home.

His attempts to charm Toji, however, were strictly personal.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:20 pm

1.) Shinji is gay

2.) Rei is yui

3.) Kaji lead the attack on the geofront

4.) The eva monkey is the bastard child of anno
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:37 pm

False Fact #5: Ritsuko does wear a bathing suit throughout the entire series.

False Fact #6: Ritsuko's birth mark bares significance.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:46 pm

False Fact 7: SEELE is infact a branch of the 3rd Reich. SS General Commander Lorenz Keel was instructed by Himler and the Fuhrer himself to find a way to destroy the world and recreate an Aryan Eden.

False Fact 8: Everyone is a clone of Shinji and his nose.
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Flase Fact #9: The Angels are really gaint space aliens from another Planets.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:23 pm

False Fact #10: Ritsuko and Misato were in fact twin sisters, although they never knew it. Their parents divorced and Misato's father remarried. Had 2I not happened, they would have discovered their relation and attempted to reunite their parents. Instead, they had lots of sexy threesomes with Kaji. Upon discovering these facts during Instrumentality, both were disgusted and neither came reincarnated because of this.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:35 pm

Are there people that really believe that?

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:37 pm

False Fact 11: Humanity is evil. They piliot giant biomechanical monstrosities that are representations of the barons of hell in defiance against the will of god and his holy messengers.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:25 pm

False Fact 12: Rei III is an "imposter", a "kagemusha". The one actually bearing the soul and memories of Rei II/Lilith is Nagisa Kaworu. That's why he only appeared after Rei II's death. That's how he knew Shinji. That's also what he actually meant when he told Rei III "We are similar". :smirk:

That's also why he wears a girl's uniform at school but you don't get to see it in the censored TV show.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:28 pm

False Fact #13: Episode one through twenty four is a giant flashback.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:33 pm

They Are?

False Fact Number 14: Yui Ikari is Satan.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:41 pm

False Fact#15 Gendo's beard is a fake. He takes it off when he sleeps. He only wears it because of his love for Abraham Lincoln as well as his jealousy towards bearded people, because he is incapable of growing one himself.
Last edited by Sammaeloo on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:42 pm

Soljer13 wrote:They Are?

Typo! :doh:
Fix'd

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:53 pm

False Fact #16: The real reason Shinji tried to throttle Asuka at the end of EOE was that he was angry that she wasn't Kaworu.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:58 pm

False Fact #17: In EoE Asuka woke up from her coma for a very short period of time after her shirt came open. She is the one who "serviced" Shinji then wiped the aftermath on Shinji's own hand. After that she went back into comatose.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:04 pm

False Fact #18: Asuka didn't actually manifest bandages at the end of EOE. In the brief time between her being torn apart and everyone tanging, a Nerv medic snuck out past the rampaging soldiers and slapped some bandages on her.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:10 pm

False Fact 19: In the manga continuity, Gendo is Asuka's biological father via artificial insemination.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”