Vegeta's RP thread idea [Split]

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:56 am

You know, if this is about a lack of ideas regarding the RP chan, we could always do something the likes of this. I'm not suggesting it because it is of my own design (it actually isn't, I'm just making it into an RP), but because it could be worked into the existing scenario (at least, as of the last time I was there) and allow more characters to contribute to the story.

After all, I was going to ask the current S/A RP-ers to help with their respective lines anyway (Legendary* and Eric Blair, if I remember correctly, for Shinji and Asuka respectively), so I guess this could help all across the board (giving the right balance of seriousness and silliness, like dealing with both zombies and Giant Naked Burt Reynolds, for example).

So, any takers?

*I originally put SSD as Shinji, but Eric reminded me that it was Legendary that played that role, so I corrected it.
Last edited by Vegeta 20XX on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:06 am

Legendary is Shinji, not SSD.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:34 am

Eric Blair wrote:Legendary is Shinji, not SSD.

...right - I knew that.

*Vegeta 20XX didn't actually know that.

Well in that case, I'll ask him instead, and while you're here, I'll ask you too - since this IS more along the lines of the RP chat characters' personalities anyway (at least, those that aren't tang ATM), and I can find some way to make linking the RP chat's timeline and such fit in with the New Concept RP's.

So, can you help out with Asuka? Because I don't know anyone among the current list of RP-ers that could RP as her and I'm certainly not up to it, but since you've had experience with Asuka-related fanwankery and such, I thought you were the best person to go to.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:43 pm

Vegeta 20XX wrote:dealing with both zombies and Giant Naked Burt Reynolds

This doesn't really sound like my cup of tea; thanks for thinking of me, but I'm gonna have to pass, sorry.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Vegeta 20XX wrote:dealing with both zombies and Giant Naked Burt Reynolds

:|

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Vegeta20XX: If you really want to discuss your idea for an RP, please discuss this here in your own thread instead of hijacking the RP discussion thread.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:46 pm

Because I don't know anyone among the current list of RP-ers that could RP as her

I could but I won't however, heres what we can do about that

You could just make Shinji and Asuka npc's if no one feels like playing them. If you have trouble deciding how they should act in a situation just ask us for our opinions on it. Were all pretty big fans of the show so you should be able to get a somewhat accurate view of how they should act doing that.

and I can find some way to make linking the RP chat's timeline and such fit in with the New Concept RP's.

I think it'd be better to keep this seperate, merging this with another established rp seems like a lot of work for no good reason.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Vegeta 20XX wrote:I'm certainly not up to it, but since you've had experience with Asuka-related fanwankery and such, I thought you were the best person to go to.

Huh? Hasn't basically everyone in this community done th-- ohhh.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:02 pm

I don't have time to be taking 17 credit hours, having a social life, writing a fanfic, writing two CYOAs, and participate in two RPG's. Sorry.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Another thing you could do is just focus the storyline elsewhere until you find someone to play them .

Though I kinda recall synapsid was kinda interested in this last time before the idea died and he seems to have a thing for Shinji you could ask him, though even if that works you'll still need an Asuka of some sort.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Alternatively: In your continuity, Asuka's death at the MP Evas was permanent and she can't come back.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Vegeta20XX: If you really want to discuss your idea for an RP, please discuss this here in your own thread instead of hijacking the RP discussion thread.

And this is why I can't have nice things. I post an idea, and SSD says I'm trolling.

Hell, the purpose of this thread is completely unnecessary - my idea already HAS it's own thread. I just thought that you guys were short of ideas and that I could lend a hand, an "everyone wins" scenario: you guys get an idea, and my idea gets used by the RP forum higher-ups. I suppose it was a stretch anyway. Image

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 pm

No, she's saying you were off-topic, which you were.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:29 pm

The thread title was, "RP Thread Suggestion/Discussion" - I don't see how off-topic it could be.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:32 pm

No, it is "NEW RP Thread Suggestion/Discussion!". As you can see from the first page in the thread, it was Sachi proposing a new RP Thread, and the suggestions and discussions relating to that particular RP Thread. It is not a thread about any RP Thread.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:45 pm

So, in other words, the idea has to more or less follow series canon, since that seems to be what the original idea was - and if any RP is going to follow it that strictly, then it void the purpose of the RP because it is too similar to the original series anyway that you might as well have watched that instead. What makes RP fun and enjoyable (in my opinion, anyway) is the differences it has from the source material, as well as the community effort to produce something awesome. Otherwise, it's not an RP, it's a fucking play, with all of the characters' personalities and lines set in stone, and while in drama class, that might be fun, but not in RP.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:49 pm

And if you've actually read the RP thread at all then you'd know that there are quite some differences indeed, but ones that actually exist for a purpose other than to be lolrandom.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:51 pm

No. In other words, the topic is about SACHI'S idea. Not yours. Not any ideas I might have. The only other RP thread that has ever been discussed in there is talk of a post 3-I sequel that would take place in the same continuity as Sachi's ORIGINAL idea.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:52 pm

Good fucking God, fifty-eight pages?

Fuck that. Out of sheer laziness, I withdraw from the argument - SSD and Legendary, you win by default, and I can't see why you still can't love each other.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:57 pm

But I can't see why neither O nor SSD would want to chat with you.

You just try too hard to be and sound like a tough guy, but yet try so hard to get their approval.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”