Evangelion: After the Impact - DISCUSSION THREAD

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:47 pm

I guess? Though there will be zombies to be killed, a Giant Naked Burt Reynolds to face, and funnel cakes to be eaten. Tasty.

So I can add you to the list of characters?
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:47 pm

Count me in like before.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:14 am

Figured now would be a good time to get a few things sorted out.

I was just wondering

Are you going to do it in the forum like the rp in the below link this time? Or are we going to try to make it work in irc somehow?

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=5996&start=480

Because as we saw last time it was kinda inconvenient trying to do this in irc, also posting in the forum allows for greater detail in posts and stuff so I say we should do it that way.

Anyway that aside I think it would be good idea for us to make character sheets of some sort for this.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Tequila
Embryo

Postby Tequila » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:44 am

^I agree

Nothing too complicated, just enough to let the others know what to expect in their interactions with you
Insert witty remark about the philosophy of the universe, evangelion quotes, something about whales etc.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:11 am

Eh, I tried IRC, and I guess that I'll try testing it again (meaning that we should meet there at 6:00 US Central Time tomorrow - tell me beforehand if you can't make it), and if the results are less than satisfactory, I'll start the RP on the forum.

And yes, we need character bios and whatnot, so before we start, we have to have a bio for each of our characters (the limit is two characters per person, regardless of the characters).
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:39 am

whether I can make it or not tommarow will depend on how long the time on my job lasts (the movers want me to work tommarow morning) I don't expect I'll be working til 6, but the issue is that I wanted to film a scene from Cautionary Tales tommarow and the place that has what I want to film closes at 5 and is in illinois. If my job takes to long and I can't make it there I'll head home in which case I'll be able to make it. But if I get off early enough I intend to go film the scene in which case I probably wont.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:51 am

I don't know how to use IRC. So I'll wait and join up if things on IRC don't turn out well.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:54 am

I think it's just best to do things in the thread on not the IRC. It'll be better organized that way.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:03 pm

Well, since the general consensus is going for an RP on the forum, we'll do that, since if no one wants to go on IRC in the first place, then that voids the purpose of using the IRC channel anyway.

So RP forum thread it is!

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Alright well guess that's settled, anyway here's a suggested format for character sheets. This isn't final obviously, it'll be up vegeta if this format is approved or not.

Name:

Other aliases you might go by in game:

physical description: (For people coming back different there would be two of these, one for your original form and another for your new one.)

Sex: (some people will have to put this twice, once for their old form and once for their new form if its different)

New Form if applicable: (If you get a new form due to imagining yourself in a different form I think there should be a good reason for it. Most people wouldnt think to do this and would just come back in their regular forms, of course if your like me and think outside the box then you might think to do this though even in this case you might not be confident it would work and may not think things through as much as you would if you knew for sure it would work. Another thing to consider is why you would pick the form that you chose, for example it would make sense for someone whose really into anime to come back looking like a character they like, especially if their some maniac like an otakukin, somebody here wanted to come back as a giant chicken, so you gotta ask yourself, why you would be a giant chicken, is it because you just really like chickens? There may not be a deep reason for this, in fact its conceivable a person could come back in another form completely by accident, I think everyone likes to imagine now and then what it would be like to be something else and that's all you would need to do, you wouldn't need to make a real concious effort to come back as something else. Of course after that you might be kicking yourself if you come back as something you wouldnt want to be perminantly. So if you take another form you should probably consider realistically why you would come back in that form, afterall you'd be spending the rest of your life looking like that, unless its an accident or your just really impulsive there'd most likely be a story behind it.)

Special abilities: this would probably only apply to people who have taken other forms.

Background: (Background about your characters life and stuff like that)

Personality:

Best streingth:

Worst weakness:

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:07 pm

Approved - survivors, get to work on those character sheets!

Tequila
Embryo

Postby Tequila » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:13 pm

Name: Edward "Ned" Kelly VI

Other aliases you might go by in game: Tequila (Due to his drinking habits)

physical description: looks exactly like the guy with the beard, and toting this. I'm guessing that he will likely be among the tallest human members of the group.

Sex: I don't know of too many women with beards like that

Background: He was born in Woolongong, Australia on 16 June 1990, as a sheep Farmer. When he turned 18, he joined the Australian Ranger Federation. He was stationed in the "Red Interior" When the Second Impact occured, which saved his life when all the coastlines were wiped out by the tsumanis. Because all of the major cites lay along the coast, all contact with the outside world was cut off. Ned's family lived in Hobart at the time, and they were among the first to go. Ever since then, Ned has become very withdrawn and drank a hell of a lot. His prefferd beverages: tequila and VB. He wandered around throughout the Interior for 15 years, helping the rural areas who were signifigantly less affected than the urban areas, until the Third Impact. Then, he washed up on the shoreline of Japan, where he discovered a liquor store, and he just lay there drinking until he was disovered by a group of intrepid survivors.

Personality: Due to his constant wandering for the past 15 years, he is very used to looking after his own interests. He takes a dominant position in the group discussions, but often will not carry out the decisions made, preffereing to act on his ut instint, much to the ire of his teamates.

Due to his family being wiped off the face of the earth, he has become extremely distant, not wishing to get close to anyone, lest he is hurt again. He is also very cynical and sarcastic, almost scathingly so.

Best strength: Has awesome bush tracking skills; can life on pretty much anything, and he is a crack shot with his revolver shotgun

Worst weakness: His drinking habits, at times, render him, at best, useless, at worse, dangerous for the rest of the group.
Last edited by Tequila on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Insert witty remark about the philosophy of the universe, evangelion quotes, something about whales etc.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:33 pm

Name: Joseph S.

Alias(es): ThePRPD, ThePuertoRicanPizzaDude, PizzaDude, Pizzaboy, Jackass, douchebag

Physical appearence: 5'5 (I think...), short hair, slight skin tone, wears white t-shirt, opened button shirt, blue jeans, and Beige Niky Sneakers.

Sex: Pre-Third Impact: Male; Post-Third Impact: Male

Backstory: Lived an average, repetitive life. Suffered from depression but when he returned from third impact he is a lot more positive and doesn't feel bad like he used to.

Personality:
Very shy and awkward, can joke sometimes but may not know when to stop, can get excited and hyper, tends to bottle up anger and when something is taken to far goes into a blind rage. Can be very stubborn. When hyper Joseph is more social and at times fun. Gets really scared when conversation about ways the world can end begins, can act older in terms of maturity and is similar to Shinji Ikari as well in different ways. Can be very serious.

Best Strength:
Can be very sneaky when needed, has good hearing.

Weakness:
Pizza addiction, studder when nervous, can over react, fear of bugs and heights, thought of the world ending, shyness, zombies, the fear of death, and can be tempted to start problems between people.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:49 pm

Name: Talon

Other Aliases: Roostor, Roostalion, The Roostor, The Bird

Physical Description:

Original Form: 6 feet tall with dark brown eyes and tan skin. Medium build and short hair.

New Form:About 6 feet tall with scaly feet and hands. 4 fingers with sharp claws. 3 toed feet with sharp nails. Spurs on the back of the heels. Lipless scaly mouth and face, sharp teeth and has bird-like eyes, quill-like feathers for hair. Long jaws. Otherwise rather normal looking proportion-wise. Wears a black tattered trenchcoat and a helmet with an eagle-like beak and 2 metallic rooster combs.

Hands look like this.

Feet look like this only with claw-like ankle spurs.

Face looks like this with black feathers and red where the blue is.

Sex: Male

Originally an average person just watching tv when 3rd Impact occured. He was watching tv for most of the day because he was bored, before he got tanged. The shows he was watched were The Dark Knight, a show about dinosaurs and birds, a show about chickens on Animal Planet, and a show about samurais on History Channel.
When trying to reform himself, his mind was distracted by all the shows that he watched from his memory which were the last things he remembered. His mind unconsciously lumped these things together into a bizzare body with equally bizzare clothing and equipment. Talking to himself out of delusion, he tried to convince himself that it wasn't real. Horrified by the reflection of his appearence, he screamed into the sky, only to find out that it came out as a rooster's crow.

Special Abilities: Quick speed and reflexes. Wields a metallic red katana that can burn as it cuts. High visual acuity. Ankle spurs, claws, and sharp teeth. Simple form of regeneration.

Personality: Confused and trying to understand this new world. High strung and quick tempered, he tends to get angry easily and carried away when attacking. Despite being capable of speech, it is usually accompanied by clicks, clucks and hisses.

Greatest Strength: A simple form of regeneration. If a limb is severed he can repair it by reattaching it and burning it with his katana. It then heals at the rate of a normal person then the bone and muscles reconnect. He can also burn small wounds shut. Quite slow, but effective. Also leaves scar lines.

Greatest Weakness: Constantly makes noises. While not loud it can be noticable and can give away positions. Also because of his clawed dinosaurian hands his dexterity is limited to his katana and other large items. This restricts him to melee combat. His fingers are too large to use triggers and manipulate small items like wires and circuits. His claws can also unintentially hurt people.
Last edited by Sammaeloo on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:14 am

Realistically I would almost certainly try to come back as something much more outragious then this had this really occurred, but I toned it down a lot for this since its a low powered game. I even included a realistic reason as to why this is the case.

Name: Dan

Other aliases you might go by in game: Manticore

physical description pre 3rd impact: Big guy 6ft, half asian, tends to have really messy hair. Is pretty strong and in good shape. Has brown hair, like Kaji tends not to be clean shaven unless it is nessecery for the situation.

Post 3rd impact description: Appears to be a girl in her late teens with green hair and what appears to be a long black tail similar to that of a scorpion tipped with a serated blade. Also has two horns on her head like an oni from Japanese mythology. On her back are four wings similar to those of a gigantic insect, when not in use these are a bit more then four feet long when in use they grow to be eight feet long by expanding similar to how a cicadas wings do when it first molts. Teeth have been replaced by serated fangs similar to a sharks and in this form she has amber colored eyes, also has three boobs. Still has very messy hair even after this though. Skin is kind of pale green and also has pointy ears. Can grow tentacles from her back, each one can morph to became a blade or a mouth depending on what she feels like.

Sex: pre instrumantality male, post instrumentality female

New Form: Dans original intent was to attempt to wait until the planet recovered from the apocalyptic events that occurred. However this is easier said then done in this situation. After instrumentality failed he was left floating in limbo with nothing to keep him company but his own thoughts. He didn't know how long, but he floated there contemplating what he had learned after breifly being merged with the conciousness of the entire human race. He also contemplated how he would return, the meaning behind the voices words pondering the parting words of that woman he had heard as instrumentality ended that as long as he could imagine himself in his own heart he could come back. But he didn't want to do that just yet, not when nuclear winter was probably hitting the planet hard. No he would have to wait, somehow tough it out here in limbo. But no man is an island, and soon he began to wonder if it would be better to chance it out there rather then just wait stuck here in this void. It was at this point it occurred to him, maybe he could come back differently then before. He didn't really think this would work but he made a half hearted attempt at imagining a new form inspired by two characters he had made in the past. This form was an amalgamation of what he would need to survive in this harsh world mixed in with his perverted fantasies. To his surprise, before he could even really think through all the details he was back in the new form he had just pictured. Shorty afterwards he began mentally kicking himself for wasting this opportunity which he could've conceivably used to come back as a being with godlike power who could have ruled the world but quickly got over this as he got distracted by some of his or uhh...her new body parts.

Special abilities: Most of the abilities of this form were designed specifically for countering the harsh conditions of this new world.

Tail: The scorpion tails blade vibrates similar to a prog knife and can cut through most things. But this isn't what special about it, its primary purpose is to drain energy from whatever it stabs. This energy is then used nourish her body more efficiently then food and can even heal wounds.

Energy/matter conversion system: Any organic matter she eats is converted into 100% energy, this is used in a similar fasion to the tales function. She no longer needs to use the potty as the direct result of this too. Though a side effect of this is that she now has a craving for devouring live meat at times which has the greatest amount of energy. Disgestion system puts a spotted hyenas to shame,as a result her vomit can melt through most materials given that her stomach acid is on par with matarials (this is very unpleasant to trigger though, just like regular vomiting), as a result any weaker acid tends not to really do anything to her.

Wings: The primary purpose of these wings is to indirectly abosorb energy much like a solar panels, it works less effeciantly then the above methods though. These can also be used for flight but only with a plentiful energy supply. The reason for this is that the wings create a thrust of charged particles that work like ion propulsion.

Horns: These can emit energy discharges like an electric eel only more powerful and to a limited degree this energy can be controlled. A draw back to using energy in this way as well as using it for flight is that it tends to weaken her body until it can be replenished.

Resistence to the elements: Has greater resistance to extreme temperatures then a regular human. Also has greater resistance to disease then a regular human.

Tentacles: Can be used to drain energy much like her tail, but these can be generated or retracted at will.

Vaginal Dentata: These didn't appear right away but only grew in a couple days after reimagining. Razor sharp fangs inside Manticores girl parts, these are retractable so that she doesnt end up cutting herself when she uhhh...does stuff with her tentacles.

Background: Dan lived a somewhat boring life in the illinois/indiana area and studied to get a job in graphics and also sudied the martial arts. Also has a big interest in paranormal phenomena. When the angels arrived he did a great deal of reasearch ont hem and developed more then a few theories about it before finnally discovering the truth during instrumentality. He's also a very strange person for those who havent figured it out.

Personality: Very odd and unpredictable, is also a pretty big perv. Doesn't really think too highly of humans which may be part of the reason he came back as something that wasn't human. Likes fighting and big flashy explosions. Also tends to be a bit paranoid.

Best streingth: Can think outside the box

Worst weakness: Tends to get overconfident in some situations.
Last edited by Defectron on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:20 am

I dono, I am kinda hooked on the trapji/shinko idea :shinji_blush: I might consider jumping on if I felt like I could come up with something interesting and original. Also I really dono what I would want to do for this. -o-;
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Adekis
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Adekis » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:54 am

So, is this restricted to just the people listed in post number one, or can I join? This sounds interesting in a completely insane sort of way.
I don't think I'd want to miss it, given the chance.

Assuming I can,
Name: William Mandrake

Other aliases you might go by in game: Will, Billy, Mandrake, Drakeman, Voldemort

physical description: skinny teenage boy, can pass for seventeen in the dark, shoulder length raven hair, black Superman t-shirt, camo-cargo pants.

Sex: Male

Special abilities: He can breathe fire. It doesn't make any sense. But it's awesome.

Background: Ordinary teenage boy. Born in Wisconsin, enjoys comic books, doesn't get to read them as much as he wants due to lack of it in the post 2I world. After returning from Instrumentality to protect his friends, discovers his friends all decided not to. Has a breakdown, recovers. He wanders 'til he winds up in the remains of Chicago, then hitches a flight to Tokyo-3 with another survivor, a pilot. The pilot was, in fact, flying to Korea, and shoves him out above the city wearing a parachute.

Personality: Cold to those he's not close to, extremely loyal to those he is. Thinks logically, swears often. Has extremly liberal views.

Best strength: Has high body temperature, has withstand extreme cold.
"Why do you foolish Lilin assume you can control me? 'Cause you can't control me!" - My take on the relationship between SEELE and Kaworu
"[Eva] is a story where the main character witnesses many horrors with his own eyes, but still tries to stand up again.
It is a story of will; a story of moving forward, if only just a little." - Hideaki Anno

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:01 pm

No, it's not restricted to Post One - when someone wants to join, they say so, and I add their name to the list afterward. So yes, you can join, and you're find your name on the list soon enough.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Unless you have some other idea, I think something like this where everyone ends up in a situation like in this film would be cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mist_(film)

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:47 am

In all honesty, I don't really HAVE much of a plan regarding the end of the story - in fact, a great deal of the story will most likely be a touch-and-go matter. I'll consider it, though.

And I will get around to posting my own character sheet soon, don't worry.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”