Evangelion: After the Impact - DISCUSSION THREAD

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Evangelion: After the Impact - DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:00 pm

A good while back, in one of the 3I threads in Chit-Chat, me and a few other forum members postulated going around the Post-3I world, doing shit, kicking ass, and eating funnel cakes. Tasty. But we never actually got to make it a (fictional) reality, since the timing on IRC was unforgiving and not very many people showed much interest. So, in the interest of reviving that concept (as well as breaking the current CYOA trend going around), I give you:

A New Concept: Vegeta 20XX And A Group Of EGF Forumgoers Roam The Destroyed World After Third Impact And Do A Bunch Of Shit, Like Killing Zombies And Eating Funnel Cakes - Tasty!

Now, the way this will be presented is, we will choose a character (or characters) and start in a certain scenario - sort of like in the RP chat, but planned out better.

Since most of the characters involved are us forum members anyway, you don't necessarily have to choose a character; however, IF you choose a character that isn't you, post the character's name and a small bio (if posting a non-OC character, like Rei or Pen-Pen, just put the name), and remember that there probably won't be a very large number of Evangelion characters in this story because, well, this IS after Third Impact.

I will post the first scenario after enough people have joined in.

LIST OF CHARACTERS (as of October 9, 2009 at 12:45 AM Central Time):

Featuring

Vegeta 20XX as Phoenix/himself/herself?

Presenting

Sammaeloo as Talon

With

Defectron as Dan

And

GasmaskAvenger as William J. Johnson

Introducing

Agentomega as Joe V.
ThePRPD as Joseph S.
Adekis as William Mandrake
Ryujin as Erik Michalik

and of course...

Great Genius Shinji-Sama as Shinji Ikari
Asuka Langley Soryu
...and Rei Ayanami

...which brings the total number of characters to 11, with 8 original characters.

And now, we present our feature presentation!

Prologue

The battle for survival begins. You return to individuality and consciousness in a less-than-perfect world, and for some as-of-now unexplained reason, the entire planet is covered in unholy, barely-living, flesh eating corpses. This being the aftermath of the closest thing to the Apocalypse you will ever see, there is much proof of humanity's existence left on the Earth, but the two you are most concerned with are shelter and GUNS. In keeping with the Shaun Of The Dead style method of kicking undead asses, you instinctively look for the latter, but not before going into the first house you see for some tea, miso soup, and what appear to be funnel cakes. You hear noises upstairs - human noises. With the truly living few and far across the globe, the few of you that made it to this house are quite possibly the greatest hope for the future of mankind.

That doesn't stop the house's keeper from dropping whatever he or she was doing to confront the rag-tag band of survivors who had just broken into his or her house. So the battle for survival begins, and remember:

May you fight bravely!![/quote]
Last edited by Vegeta 20XX on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:07 pm

Tallos: An ancient giant mutant reptile originally from Earth, from space. Really big and dangerous. Has super-strength, radioactive, plasma, dark matter, anti-matter, electrical and a whole bunch of energy powers. Got bored and decided to return to Earth to pulverize puny zombies into paste.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:07 pm

...dammit, I knew this would happen.

NO GOD-MODDING. Seriously, unless that dragon thing has some sort of restriction or handicap, you can't use him. It's no fun if one or more people kill all of the zombies at once and end the story entirely.

The number of characters per person is limited to two, like in the IRC chat, so pick your characters carefully.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:23 pm

Okay, I will be a flying 6-foot samurai rooster. My katana is metallic red and can cauterize cuts. I have a double metal rooster comb on my head and crocodile teeth with a poisonous bite.

Weakness: Instinctively crows at inapproptiate times. Mostly in morning hours, it can give away his position or hiding place.

Name: Roostallion
Last edited by Sammaeloo on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:31 pm

He saying you need some disadvantages, while thats not OP you need to try keep your characters balanced.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:34 pm

I made a weakness for him, also he's just a big rooster so he doesn't have any super-strength or durability. So his only powers are poison biting, katana, comb-ramming, and kicking.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Try for something more, err...human. Part of all of this IS a personality aspect, and it's hard for a team to cooperate if said team can't understand each other.

This IS meant to be somewhat serious, at least more than Bender's CYOA - oh, and speaking of which, until I have a reliable source of NGE dialogue, I'm putting off the next chapter, though it'll be back soon.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Okay, take the powers minus the flying and poisonous bite and put it into a person. He would have a rooster persona like batman's bat persona.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:28 pm

postapocalyptic Chicken Boo?

:facepalm:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:32 pm

NemZ wrote:postapocalyptic Chicken Boo?

:facepalm:

A rooster based hero, with a metallic red katana, a cowl with a steel double-bladed rooster comb, a kickass vigilante-esque persona and a black tattered leather trenchcoat.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:38 am

oh hey its back maybe , well I guess if its me coming back I'll go with the same character concept from last time.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:01 am

Sammaeloo wrote:A rooster based hero, with a metallic red katana, a cowl with a steel double-bladed rooster comb, a kickass vigilante-esque persona and a black tattered leather trenchcoat.

and what will your crusader of justice against all that is fowl in this barren world be known as when in costume... The Mighty Cock?

(sorry, can't resist)
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:19 am

NemZ wrote:
Sammaeloo wrote:A rooster based hero, with a metallic red katana, a cowl with a steel double-bladed rooster comb, a kickass vigilante-esque persona and a black tattered leather trenchcoat.

and what will your crusader of justice against all that is fowl in this barren world be known as when in costume... The Mighty Cock?

(sorry, can't resist)
:rofl: :hitthetable: :rofl: :hitthetable:
THAT'S AWSOME!!! Yeah that's really clever.

As for names I was thinking of Roostallion, Roostor, or The Roostor.
Last edited by Sammaeloo on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Embryo

Postby Tequila » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:19 am

Zombies and Tunnel cakes?!

SIGN ME UP!!!

I will go as myself and I will be armed with and MTs-255 Revolver Shotgun (look it up), with which I am a crack shot and I wear a hipflask containing...guess what.

I will be the quiet guy of the group, sitting to myself, and offering only partually to the group converations.

My key weakness is that I take a swig from said flask after every other zombie I kill, and I get drunk. Very, very drunk. At first, this actually improves my performance, but eventually, I simply collapse.
Insert witty remark about the philosophy of the universe, evangelion quotes, something about whales etc.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:20 am

hmmm somehow this is a lot more popular then before, will giant naked burt reynolds still be the antagonist here?
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:20 am

GNBR will probably play that role, though there are bound to be other enemies to face along the way.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:32 pm

Post instrumentality huh? Well... I think I'll either join in as myself, or as myself in a female body... Either way, things'll get interesting fast XD
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:35 pm

I got nothing. So I think im gonna spectate. :redface:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Well, I updated the first post, we now have 5 original characters, plus Asuka and Shinji (remember, they're still alive) make 7. If we can get Eric and SSD* to help out with these two (wait, did SSD rp for Shinji? I can't remember*), we would be much closer to getting this thing off the ground.

*I originally put SSD as Shinji, but Eric reminded me that it was Legendary that played that role, so I corrected it.
Last edited by Vegeta 20XX on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:33 pm

Is...is this going to be like a post-3I Gilligan's Island with Asuka, Shinji, Chicken Godzilla, the professor, and Maryanne? Please say yes.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”