GLBTQ Otaku Represent!!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

GLBTQ Otaku Represent!!

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:01 pm

Seeing as yesterday was Celebrate Bisexuality Day, I'm wondering if any fellow forum-goers are part of the GLBTQ etc rainbow too. ^_^ (Oh, any flames will result in post-deletion.)

I find it odd how personally I barely know any queer (as in encompassing the whole group) otaku In Real Life though. :ehh: (Only 2 or so.) I'll post my coming out story later for those interested.

Statistically-speaking l know I can't be the only one here... Don't be shy! THAT MEANS YOU KAWORU NAGISA & ITSUKl KOIZUMI!
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:04 pm

well considering that only 4% of men and 1% of women are homosexual, it's not surprising that there aren't many you know in person.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:04 pm

No idea what that is :sweatdrop:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:17 pm

Leo: Normal gay folks I know a few of. It's the anime nerd type I barely know. ;_; Wrrrry!

GGSS: Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender/Queer/Questioning is what that stands for.

The term queer, as I understand it, has different meanings for different people.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:21 pm

Well gay used to mean happy a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. :wink: Queer can also mean strange or unusual not neccesarily homo.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:41 pm

I think you misspelled your topic.

It should be GLBBQ. You're lucky you have people like me who are willing to catch and point out your mistakes before you embarrass yourself.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:Queer can also mean strange or unusual not neccesarily homo.

Last edited by CorporalChaos on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:45 pm

lol BBQ

i am TEH GAY BEAR

ie: Evacub
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Not a LGBTQTTSUISAAPOSGLMSMMSGI DEAR GOD THE ACRONYM GETS LARGER EVERY DAY WHY ARE WE WORRIED ABOUT THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDOR WHEN THIS ABBREVIATION IS A BLACK HOLE-

Sorry. I got a bit too silly. And yes, all of those letters have been used in variations of this.

Anyways, I think I know a couple, but IRL, not here, and I'm not one who really cares about a person's sexuality except if they're violating public deceny laws, so there's probably more, I just haven't been paying attention. There's this guy who I've known since the first day of seventh grade and then I found out he was gay in the last third of twelfth grade.

So, yeah. Here's hoping this thread doesn't dissolve into unnecessary flames.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:59 pm

I like Bjork's opinion on sexuality.

"I think everyone's bisexual to some degree or another; it's just a question of whether or not you choose to recognize it and embrace it. Personally, I think choosing between men and women is like choosing between cake and ice cream. You'd be daft not to try both when there are so many different flavours."

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:00 am

I guess I should check in shouldn't I? though I'm sure it's allready come out :sweatdrop: I guess it would be B&Q And possibly T depending on how you look at it
@EvaCub
So you mean to say that you're a Bear right?
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:05 am

Synapsid wrote:@EvaCub
So you mean to say that you're a Bear right?

yes, very much so... just had to emphasize gay as to people not being confuzzled

its interesting there is a subculture named after an animal, it sort of makes sense /threadjacking
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:40 am

backseatjesus wrote:I like Bjork's opinion on sexuality.

"I think everyone's bisexual to some degree or another; it's just a question of whether or not you choose to recognize it and embrace it. Personally, I think choosing between men and women is like choosing between cake and ice cream. You'd be daft not to try both when there are so many different flavours."

I'm draft then

Though your right about all of us being bisexual, Kinsley proved that.
I won.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:41 am

EvaCub wrote:yes, very much so... just had to emphasize gay as to people not being confuzzled
Ah, okay I wasn't totally sure if you were serious, about it, Colbert's heterosexuality scared of you congrats ^_^
To be honest I think a fair amount of the forum members aren't exclusively heterosexual, which wouldn't be totally unexpected studies since the 90s have put that number as high as 13%self report& survey always gives a lower count.
its interesting there is a subculture named after an animal, it sort of makes sense /threadjacking
I guess it is a bit fitting given the land/physical element of that subculture...so I guess that makes sense I probably did too many of my papers in sociology on LGBTQ topics :sweatdrop:You know other cultures have all sorts of interesting names Japanese gay culture basically uses Neko as an antonym to bear.

Themaninblack wrote:Though your right about all of us being bisexual, Kinsley proved that.
Very much so, by what I've seen many "heterosexual" people aren't exclusively so...and if we look at other animals it seems to be extremely common.
You know given the Revelations from the latest scripts shouldn't Shin-chan be alongside Kaworu, I'm pretty sure he's bi now.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:01 am

Sexuality is fluid, not fixed.

For example you can still be straight but attracted to another male, at least that's what I feel is going on with Shinji. With Kaworu... it'd be nice to have a straight (HAW) answer from Anno on his exact feelings for Shinji, but I suppose it doesn't matter in the end, similiar to Rei. Their love for Shinji is what is important. Any dang way...

Yes, Kinsey was the man.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:13 am

My god, a thread just about queers?

Do I want to draw attention to myself? Sure, screw it, why not.

For as long as I can recall, I have always enjoyed the company of other men, and by that, I mean I wanted to screw them. And I really mean that; in retrospect, I was gay as early as kindergarten, but I didn't know until eighth grade. I've got nothing but insecurity and self-loathing about my sexuality, which I can safely blame on my father's vicious, alcohol-induced homophobia and the kids who were mean to me in middle school. People tell me that I'm not obviously gay, as in I don't have any ticks you would associate with stereotypical homosexuals. (I don't like using the word 'gay', I just despise the word. The phonetic structure makes it a loathsome, grotesque and abhorred word.) Regardless, there's something about me that gives me away, apparently. Nobody wants to tell me what it is, though. It must be an unconscious thing.

That said, I have no ties with queer culture and have had very little intimacy with other people. I mean, I've never dated. I've kissed about four girls, but none of those count. They were always brief, and I never felt anything. I'd still be hopelessly insecure about myself, but I fell in love with an obvious closet-case who was leading me on for about two years, then when I finally break down and tell him he rejects me. The whole time he's smiling, too. A very queer smile at that.

I don't really have any friends who are gay dudes, but two very close friends of mine are lesbians if that counts for anything. Also, I don't even consider myself an otaku, either. There's maybe five to ten animes that I find myself really liking, making my already tenuous connection to this thread even more so.
Last edited by MugwumpHasNoLiver on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:22 am

in my own survey of all the people I have ever met in my life, approximately up to 1/3 of all human beings (both XY and XX here) are bisexual, with a ratio of 3 XX to 1 XY, along with a six percent addendum that are exclusively homosexual

I can say however with all confidence that I am strictly heterosexual, I have been pretty sure of this since I was about seven

further confirmed by the effects of puberty and not being "too impressed" after being hit on by other guys around that time, men/boys/XY simply just don't get the juices flowing and heart pumping like women with their curves, lips, eyelashes, their feminine wiles and of course their "organic sperm banks" with those "direct deposit slips" :grin:

sorry, too funny and true to resist typing that

anyway, I am curious about the whole "coming out" situation, it seems so odd to me in this day and age, I could understand the social difficulty of not being terribly "keen" on the opposite sex back before the 1990's, but now it's not so extreme, though I admit statistically it's kind of rare even when those bi/"queer" are included

it is interesting that most homosexual and "queer folk" I have met over the years were unobvious about their sexual proclivities until such was mentioned, at least not in how popular media would have you believe usually

in terms of "nature vs. nurture", I don't think same-sex attraction is on par with a genetic trait, thought the strongest evidence are odd things like the ring finger length in men, but on the other side is the psychological development side of having an older brother, the absent father and/or domineering mother, it's not quite clear cut and maybe science in the future can settle this debate eventually
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:04 am

My brother is gay, came out last Christmas. He set off my gaydar before I even knew what gay was, so I wasn't even remotely shocked by this news.

I'm straight but I'm not particularly squicked by the idea of yaoi. I suppose under the right circumstances I might try anything once.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

MatrixRefugee
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MatrixRefugee » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:22 am

:: waves a little pink/indigo/blue flag :: I'm sort of in a closet with a frosted glass panel in the door. I run about 80% straight, 20% lesbian, but I'm not particularly interested in a relationship with either gender and I tend to be really careful about who and where I come out to (My parents tend not to take this part of me too seriously, which I'm cool with, but I've had some less than pleasant experiences. Not to the point of being attacked or discriminated against but the "Oh, you'll forget about liking girls when you find the right man" comments get painful).

I didn't really find out what I was, at least in this regard, until I was about 22 and I found myself crushing on a seventeen year old co-worker of Asian descent; yeah, I know "jailbait" (:: laughs:: ), but I kept my feelings to myself. It started when some mischievous guys from the grocery department (we worked in the bakery department of a grocery store) came by and were teasing her a bit rudely, so I stepped in and told them to beat it. And afterward, I couldn't help wanting to hug her and kiss her and tell her I wouldn't let any jerks like that bother her ever again and that she'd always be safe with me.

That said... I'm not exactly a fan of yaoi or yuri, and I tend to go "Bzuh??" over certain fan-pairings, but there's times when something has gotten around this mental block. "Yami no Matsuei" (aka "Descendants of Darkness") is a very good for-instance! :: Laughs::
My Anime List profile || DarkScribes page

Avatar: At least the wintry gent is smiling a bit, instead of facepalming...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:02 am

I perfer yuri over yaoi myself, though certain fanpairings make me O_o too.

So I guess I shift from a Kinsey 2 to 4.

My parents think being Bi is a phase. It might be for some who eventually realize which way they swing, but it's not for all people. I only come out to people I trust since I appear straight.

I've kissed boys & girls, but that's all. I like taking relationships slow. Never had a girlfriend though I've tried, only boyfriends. :( I'm not as in with queer culture as I sometimes wanna be, save having some queer friends and good Bi books (I was in GSAs in High School and College at least). I barely go to San Fran.

Also, my coming out story is this: I developed feelings for my Best Friend in my Junior year of high school and it freaked me out at first. I was able to tell her and she was cool with it, being Bi herself, but she was already dating somebody and didn't want to ruin our friendship (she moved away at one point in High School so we have a long distance friendship though I haven't heard from her in a while).

Eventually I came to terms with my feelings as well as having worries due to my personal feelings in terms of God (personal inadequacy, not any bullshit the Religious Right gives people seeing as I'm pretty liberal-minded with things anyway).

Still, I'm somewhat in the closet unless it's somebody I know as well as just to playing things safe. I'm not 100% comfortable with my own sexuality I guess: though I simply act as I am and appear straight (not necessarily saying anything about hot guys to people, it's just you wouldn't think I was Bi or whatever by looking at me unless you're equipped with Gaydar and Bidar), I guess I feel some kind of internal pressure on whether or not people will take me seriously with being Bi just because I don't fit into some stupid neat little stereotyped package.

It's funny, considering in my early teens I identified as a straight supporter but soon enough realized I'm part of the "family" in my own way, though I feel like something of an outsider with this since I don't have a whole lot of people on and off line to connect to, only a close few. :sweatdrop:

Gah, all this is hard for me to explain but I'm just glad I have a place to vent about this.

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Captain_Morgan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:13 pm

I guess I'm a 2 on the Kinsey scale. Predominantly heterosexual...I mean, I'm not attracted to men, but let me give you a scenario. I'm at a beach cabana. Brad Pitt comes up and tries to kiss me. I would definitely resist at first, but if he was persistent, I would probably give in a little bit, depending on how persistent he was...

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”