[CYOA]The character insert

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:53 am

A.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:41 pm

A)

Misato heard a knock at the door to her office. "Come in!" she shouted, shuffling the stacks of paperwork, desperately trying to make the stacks appear smaller than they really were. Time seemed to pass so slowly. Katsuragi could hear every muffled squeak from the door hinges, feel the slight increase in pressure as the office received the new air from the outside corridor, and sense of the eyes of the Child on her.

Wait, Child?

"Alright," Ikari grumbled, setting the clipboard with an immense stack of medical history on her desk. "I'm in."

The captain blinked, checking the paperwork furiously, noting each time, Shinji Ikari's signature was written in it's neat little scrawl, not forced by another's hand, or under severe duress. "What made you change your mind?"

Shinji sat in the chair opposite the woman, his body twitching, his visage one of self-loathing as he kept eye contact to a minimum. "There's always that guy... that cowboy, who knows he has to do something, even if he doesn't want to do it, because he's the only one who can. He knows what's right, what's wrong, and when everyone else is tied up in moral debate, he does what his gut tells him is right."

Misato stared at him, feeling an odd sense of dread.

Shinji clawed at his scalp as he leaned forward, elbows propped up on his knees. "I guess I'm just that guy."

Katsuragi's face loosened into a hesitant, soft smile. "Shinji... it...it means a lot that you're willing to help."

"That's what my class rep says..."

Misato sighed. "But you have to know what you did was totally out of line," she started to lecture in a harsh tone. "We won't tolerate you running around like some nutcase. There are rules!"

"Yeah..." Shinji answered, his head rolling back as he slouched in the chair, letting out a sigh. "That's what my class rep says, too."

After another three hours, the basic introductory period was over, and Shinji was given his daily schedule. As he read it over, he noticed the focus on simulator training, something about plugsuit fitting, and a few hours worth of medical examinations.

The primary concern, as he stayed at Misato's temporarily until housing was permanently arranged, was learning he still had to attend school. Of course, he wondered how that would go. He was by no means popular, but not the victim of regular bullying, either. When he was the random target, though, he found the good graces of an understanding class rep and the administration ran out quickly.

"So, Shinji," she yawned, waking late in the day for her break in the duty shift. "What's on the agenda today?"

Shinji...

A) Picks up his school uniforms, and attends his first day of Tokyo-3 Junior High Class 2-A, getting the tour from Hikari Horaki

B) Spends the day helping Misato clean the apartment

C) Takes a quiet walk to the arcade

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:43 pm

A for great Justice!
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:54 pm

Go to school and get to know your new classmates. If Toji's sister got hurt, things will definitely get interesting. If Toji picks a fight with Shinji, he's doomed.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby User-iel » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:53 am

Since it's already late in the day, Shinji will catch up with the school crowd better by -

C

- going to the arcade. Might 'recruit' a local snitch or two while he's at it. You never know when you might suddenly need to check the word on the street ;) Touji will probably live, once he gets used to being the new wingman. This Shinji doesn't pass the buck, very quickly they'll get along just fine.

Dranzer
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Dranzer » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:57 am

A or C,A or C....

I can't stand this!Making new friends is important!A!
Evangelion Genocide:chapter 14?!
CYOA:A Character Insert :D
And waiting for Evangelion 3.0 Q Quickening...Next summer,dudes! Or maybe before summer?:O ;)

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:37 am

A)

Ikari walked slowly through the halls, finding it difficult to navigate the building. Tokyo-3 Municipal Junior High was one of those buildings initially slapped together in the construction boom of the Hakone Prefecture post-Impact. Of course, several remodels later, with rooms added or subtracted as was deemed necessary, there were several "dead rooms", which sat unused, and others which were barricaded off entirely.

Shinji stood outside one at that moment, when a girl walked up beside him.

"Ikari-san?" the brunette in pigtails asked, her uniform neatly pressed.

"Yeah?" Shinji answered, his head turning stiffly. "Oh... you're the class rep, right?"

"...That's right," Hikari answered curtly. She did not like the informal, lazy approach of this boy. Even his uniform was thrown together at the last moment. If it weren't taboo, she would have started tugging at the boy's uniform to straighten out the unnatural creases of the obviously re-used uniform from the boy's prior school. "You'll have to change your uniform," she started. "This isn't the standard for our school."

"It's clean..." Shinji argued, glancing down at a slight blood stain just opposite the breast pocket which wasn't wholly faded, "...mostly."

Hikari threw up her hands, and sighed. "Alright, just... come on!" she growled, leading the way to Class 2-A. "You're lucky the principal decided to have you join us this late in the day. Your guardian must have some serious pull for being allowed to just come in before classes end."

Ikari said nothing, but thought it would have been amusing to mention it was he who had just shown up in uniform, gave the staff his identification, and watched them go nuts.

'Being a NERV employee might have it's perks, after all,' he considered.

Several minutes of Second Impact history later...

Ikari walked up limply to the front of the class as the teacher gestured towards him.

"Yeah... I'm Shinji Ikari..." the boy answered, staring distantly into space.

Several students giggled at the boy's listless behavior as Ikari grabbed at his head. Hikari muffled a deliberate cough.

"Oh... yeah..." he continued. "Been living overseas a few years." He watched as Hikari twitched in frustration. What did she honestly want?

Suddenly, a quiet voice piped up in the back, probably from someone hoping to keep the distraction going for the next three minutes, until the bell rang. "So.. do you have any hobbies?" a raven-haired girl asked.

Ikari tilted his head back in a slight chuckle, before shaking his head slightly as he stared at his feet, his hand working through his hair. "Oh, you have NO idea..."

In the back of the room, a track-suited figure glared at him.

Shinji...

A) Avoids eye contact, and tries to quietly move with the mad rush of bodies out the door after class.

B) Is the first out of the door as the bell rings.

C) Lingers after class, mostly due to Hikari waving him over to the stack of homework

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:00 am

Linger after class and hope Toji is in a good mood. If he's not and wants to rough you up, kick his ass.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:26 am

aw man, I wish I arrived soon enough to pick for Shinji to be Kyle Reese

Hearing him tell Rei "You will bare humanity's savior" would've been pure gold

oh well, i'll pass on it, though :(
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:44 am

linger like a sourkraut fart in a public elevator.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby User-iel » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:26 am

C. Have to help get those extra papers over to the incinerator.... Nah, get the papers, and turn on the charm.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 am

C) Lingers after class, mostly due to Hikari waving him over to the stack of homework
I won.

Dranzer
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Dranzer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Well,I join the others:C!:D

aw man, I wish I arrived soon enough to pick for Shinji to be Kyle Reese

Well,we can ask Goatman to make that CYOA too,after this one... :grin: ... (Why not? :grin: )
And waiting for Evangelion 3.0 Q Quickening...Next summer,dudes! Or maybe before summer?:O ;)

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:32 pm

If I decide to do a Crazy Ass Gendo agian, would it be alright to do it in this regard?

The Big Lewboski NGE would be hilarous.

" They attacked Tokyo-3..." Gendo began

" Who attacked Tokyo 3?" Shinji asked

" SHUT THE FUCK UP Shinji, your out of your element"
I won.

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:22 pm

Yes, I can make a Kyle Reese version of Shinji for CYOA...

However, it will take place after the 30 days of being in the plug.

Preview of coming attractions:

The nude child reached up with his scarred, blistered hands, gripping at Misato's collar. "What date is it? THE DATE?"

Katsuragi just stared, her body shivering. Shinji was never that intense, that aggressive. "12 October...Monday..."

"What YEAR?" Shinji exclaimed.

Dranzer
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Dranzer » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:25 pm

GoatMan wrote:Yes, I can make a Kyle Reese version of Shinji for CYOA...

However, it will take place after the 30 days of being in the plug.

Preview of coming attractions:

The nude child reached up with his scarred, blistered hands, gripping at Misato's collar. "What date is it? THE DATE?"

Katsuragi just stared, her body shivering. Shinji was never that intense, that aggressive. "12 October...Monday..."

"What YEAR?" Shinji exclaimed.

:grin: That would be great.But we're waiting for an update :nyao: (Can't wait to read it!!!)

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:09 pm

Unless the explosion o rthe Angel itself actually hurt Tojis sister this time around I dont see him having much reason to beat up Shinji as we beat it without piloting it in this continuity. I always assumed it was a result of him piloting in the Sachi fight. BUt anyways, I say 3.
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:48 pm

C)

The track suited figure approached him after some time as he looked over the assignments handed over to him by the class representative. "Hey, new kid," the boy started. Ikari did not like what that tone implied. The jock gestured toward some random kid in glasses playing with a video camera. "My friend over here says you were running around outside the shelter during that... attack."

Shinji shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah, so?"

The punch came swift and crudely into Ikari's field of vision, striking directly into his left. Ikari reeled back, and flopped gracelessly to the floor. "He says there's a rumor you were an idiot, and blocked off the entrance to a shelter with a stolen truck.."

Uh oh Shinji thought.

"My SISTER was trying to get into that shelter! She was crushed when some stupid pilot in a VTOL crash landed... something about friendly fire."

Ikari wiped the blood from his lip, and crawled back to stand up straight. "...Yeah... about that friendly fire..."

"Suzuhara!" Hikari shouted, leaping in front of Ikari. "Do you want to get suspended? Are you crazy?"

Shinji

A) Yes! I took the truck!

B) I was the cause of the "friendly fire"!

C) Denies everything
Last edited by GoatMan on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:52 pm

number one