[CYOA]The character insert

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:55 am

A)

Rolling on to his side, trying to crawl, Ikari just sighed. "Get here, outrun a missile, survive a freefall, and all they want to do is kill me..."

Misato looked down impatiently at the boy. "Shinji?"

"I'm not going!" Ikari barked. Ayanami looked at the boy for a moment, and oddly, Shinji thought just for a moment the girl started to cringe. Watching as the medics started to encircle the girl, however, Ikari brought himself between the older of the men, and the girl. "She's not going, either."

"Shinji Ikari..." Ritsuko started. "This is a direct order! We must deploy."

Katsuragi hissed under her breath, but knew Ritsuko was right. They had to do something.

"You're kidding me, right?" Shinji yelped. "You're telling me you can only stop this thing by making her or me pilot that damn robot?"

He started looking around, and recognized a particular missile configuration.

"W-wait a minute..." Ikari stuttered. "We've got f***king nukes, and you want to send out a robot?" Lookign at the old man as if he were possessed, Ikari started his run towards the trolley of weapons.

"H-hey!" a soldier started to yell as he reached for his sidearm, pointing it at the boy.

Shinji came to a sudden stop, raising his hands. "Easy, easy!" Shinji said. "I"m just going to borrow these..." Putting his hands on the trolley, the soldiers started to surround him, Ritsuko following behind.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" Gendo barked over the loudspeakers. "Doctor Akagi, take Rei to Unit-01."

Shinji turned to the man. "Aren't you going to at least let me try?" As the doctor started to pull the girl to another gurney, Shinji reached for the (theatrically installed) digital timer and arming switches.

Everyone in the room froze, as Shinji reached out carefully to the girl. "You want to go out there like that in some giant tinker toy?"

Rei tried to breathe in, but her ris screamed in pain as she fell back against the trolley.

"I didn't think so..."

Shinji guides Rei onto the missile trolley, and rolls the power-assisted stack of N2 weapons

A) to the nearest train station via an industrial elevator

B) to the nearest Eva catapult

C) slowly through the cafeteria, gym, and various facilities of NERV in comedic "True Lies" style

D) to a Pacific Courier truck

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:03 am

A) to the nearest train station via an industrial elevator

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:53 am

B... come on, what's more awesome than a nuclear catapult?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Dranzer
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Dranzer » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:49 am

B.... blowing an N2 bomb into the Angel's face is too much fun :clap: :pwnd:
Evangelion Genocide:chapter 14?!
CYOA:A Character Insert :D
And waiting for Evangelion 3.0 Q Quickening...Next summer,dudes! Or maybe before summer?:O ;)

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby User-iel » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:26 pm

A. Or C. Shinji doesn't know about the catapult's locations from experience yet.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:03 pm

B! "Surprise!" -BANG-
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:49 am

B)

..."Where does that go?" Shinji asked, pointing at the two giant, vertical rails which ran the length of a rectangular shaft.

Misato found herself walking up to the boy. "They go directly to the surface," she indicated. "It would-" she froze. "Oh... no no NO! Don't you even think-"

But Ikari was already wheeling the trolley of weapons to the platform. "When that... thing up there gets right above this thing, can you fire it off?"

Katsuragi felt her stomach churn, her skin going pale. "Umm... yeah..."

Aoba's voice suddenly boomed over the loudspeakers. "We have incoming! Target approaching main commercial district!"

"That's...right above the catapult!" Misato shrieked. "We need to get out of here-"

She noticed Shinji arming each of the missiles manually, before jerking Ayanami from the trolley, and limping with her to safety. "Do it!" he shouted.

Misato just looked dumbfounded at the (again inserted for theatrical effect) timers:

00:00:17

This time, there was no hesitation, the captain ordering an immediate launch.

00:00:13

The platform remained stationary.

"Something's wrong with the launch controls!" Hyuga announced.

Ikari looked back to a panicked Misato. Well, who wouldn't be panicked when a batch of N2 weapons were just armed inside the only shelter that could provide a shield against such an explosion? "Can we launch them manually?"

00:00:11

Shinji looked around the room for something, anything, and then saw the fireman's axe in the glass case. "Of all the goddamn places you could have gone, Shinji.." the boy cursed at imself. "You just HAD to come here!"

Chopping away at the hydraulic lines, Ikari heaved the axe in wide arms over his head. "Come on, damnnit!"

00:00:07

Suddenly, the clamps on Shinji's side of the platform failed, releasing their grip. Misato jumped as the green light next to the platform's manual control shifted from green to red, a klaxon sounding.

Throwing the axe aside, Shinji jerked at the manual override panel, and pulled the clear plastic cover away from the oversized, industrial button.

00:00:04

"Target is stationary above the catapult!" Aoba shouted.

"Watch your step," Shinji quipped, slamming the button down with his fist.

The electrically charged railings sparked, and an unforgiving screech of metal on metal tore at Shinji's ears as he pushed Ayanami to the floor, shielding her from the accelerating platform.

The giant upon the surface suddenly looked down, surprised when a hatch leading directly to its goal opened, only to be replaced with a handful of tiny cylinders leaping directly into its face.

"Close the hatch!" Shinji screamed.

00:00:01

"Another AT-Field detected!" Aoba reported, just as the explosion roared above them, shaking the subterranean fortress relentlessly. As the seconds passed, and various hatches through the catapult launch tube were torn away, however, the explosion seemed to stop suddenly just before reaching the Cage.

Shinji felt the girl in his arms cringe, then go limp, straining to maintain consciousness.

A moment passed, and then an odd report from the loudspeakers signaled the outcome.

"Target... has gone silent..."

As the creature fell, its core shattered, Rei Ayanami shook, wondering why she had chosen to use THAT ability.

There was an awkward silence at first, but suddenly the Cage burst into shouts of triumph. Shinji looked back and forth as random technicians exchanged expressions of joy, completely ignoring him as he stumbled slowly to his feet, the girl and the captain with him.

Two hours later, sitting at the girl's bedside, Misato came in. "You... did the impossible, Shinji," she said. "N2 mines aren't supposed to work against an Angel, but you..."

"Does that mean we're done here?" Shinji asked abruptly.

"Shinji..." Misato sighed. "We... we don't know how you did what you did... No one does. Until we figure that out, the best defense we have against the Angels is the Eva." Misato looked over at Rei. "Right now, we don't have a pilot. The only one that can do it is you."

Shinji answers...

A) "Fuck you, lady! I'm gone!"

B) "Yeah..." Shinji sighed. "I'm always that guy..."

C) "Can we just go somewhere, relax, and figure it out afterwards?" while curling his toes, barefoot on the linoleum floor

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:02 am

C.

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby User-iel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:23 am

Hero checklist... yup, yup, uh huh, O.K.

C - Gets gets the girl.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:02 am

B is quite tempting, but C gives her time to convince him to go that way anyway...

C it is.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:15 am

C.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Dranzer
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Dranzer » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:15 am

My God,amazing...This CYOA rocks :grin: I love it :grin:

And option C,of course.
And waiting for Evangelion 3.0 Q Quickening...Next summer,dudes! Or maybe before summer?:O ;)

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:24 pm

C :P
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:11 pm

C)

Ikari walked into Misato's apartment, and immediately took off his shoes, followed by his socks, letting his bare feet work slowly over the carpet, curling his toes. "Son of a bi-" he grinned. "It actually works..."

Misato just stared. "Umm... Shinji-kun?"

The boy looked up at her. "...Nevermind..."

"Shinji... how did you know you could kill the Angel with an N2 device?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Ikari sat down on the couch. "I didn't..."

"But... you could have certainly stopped it with the Eva.."

"And that would have been dealing with Commander A**hole," Shinji retorted. "He doesn't know what he's doing! Sure, let's just build a giant robot, and make kids pilot it like it's a go-kart against some bug-eyed monster! Genius!"

Katsuragi sighed. It was useless to discuss anything meaningful wit the boy.

(12 hours later)

Shinji stared over the still form of Ayanami, watching her sleep comfortably. "Oh, Shinji, what are you thinking?" he nagged sarcastically at himself. "You've gotta be out of your mind." Tapping at his head gently with his fists, he snarled. "Crap..."

Kasuragi had made it quite clear. He was either to go back home, and allow this girl to fall under the commander's instruction, while remaining under strict observation for a probationary period, or he could stay. Of course, if he stayed, he would only be allowed if he could remain as an active duty pilot, under the direct command of "Captain DUI".

So, why, Ikari wondered, was he finding it so difficult to make his choice?

Shinji...

A) Chooses to stay on with NERV, beause he's "that guy"

B) Leaves Tokyo-3, though grudgingly has to take a local turboprop flight home

C) Starts walking home on foot, planning to hop a bus

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:17 pm

None of your favorite cowboys would run, would they? If someone's gotta do it, it might as well be us.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:20 pm

Stay, of course.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:29 pm

A of course.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Aww... you guys should know the pattern by now... Some crazy adventure always awaits Shinji "McClane" Ikari, regardless of what option is chosen.

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby User-iel » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:17 am

Yah, but I hope that Shinji is the kind of 14 year old action hero with the gumption to know that he's in a really big, really dirty house. He is the one that's going to have to clean it, even if he doesn't want to. Awww, this is gonna sting!

A.

Dranzer
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Dranzer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:08 am

A.

Awesome CYOA :grin:

Return to “Role-Playing Related”