[CYOA]the Mystery Club files

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

esselfortium
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 3392
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Location: Ultra Hell
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby esselfortium » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:49 pm

Number 2. Hopefully her answer to this question will involve "because it ain't real" ;)

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 1921
Joined: Mar 25, 2008
Location: Carrying you.
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Eric Blair » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:38 am

"Asuka! why are you doing that!?" You scream at the redhead, as you stand up to her, hands balled into fist nailed at your hips and looking straight up into her surprised face, turning to see Shinji who is staring at the what used to be the pyramid, clutching the sand as the grains slowly begin to escape through his fingers.

"Sh-she destroyed it..." Shinji mutters as you slowly turn to Asuka, asking her silently what was going though her mind.

"We're wasting time trying to cuddle this idiot! Shinji!" Asuka shouts, making the boy jump in his place and look up at Asuka. "We're being controlled by something in the house! you need to wake up! now!"

"B-but I'm awake... I have to wait for dad to co-"

"No, Shinji..." You find yourself saying as you turn to look at Asuka's face, understanding what she was trying to do; for a second there, the house was pulling you back in, making you forget. "we have to get out and wake up."

"Wa-wake up?" Shinji askes confused, before turning to Asuka who simply grumbled and looks to the side, her face red from anger, before turning back to look at you.

"Yes Shinji... the house doesn't want us to leave... it's making us see what we want to see..." You explain to the boy before turning to Asuka, nodding tiredly before grabbing her hand and turning to Shinji, trying not to giggle as Asuka grumbles under her breath but grabs your hand nonetheless.

"Ready Shinji?" You ask once more as the boy looks at you, before looking back at the sandbox, before looking again at you, past you... beyond you.

Before taking a hold of your hand.

And you all three suddenly wake up.

Now what?

1. Try to get out using the rope Asuka and Mai used to get in here.

2. Walk down the hall, you seem to remember there was something you were looking for there.

Voting ends tomorrow, December 17th, at 16:00 CST.
Last edited by Eric Blair on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22722
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:55 am

1.

GTFO of there for now!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

esselfortium
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 3392
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Location: Ultra Hell
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby esselfortium » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 am

1, get outta there!

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 377
Joined: Nov 26, 2008
Location: Defending the earth
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:36 pm

I'll be leaving for home tomorrow, and I won't have internet for a while, so either Eric will be updating while I'm gone, or we'll call a short hiatus until I get back in January.

--

You head back to the hole you fell through earlier, Asuka and Mai having mentioned they used a rope to get down here to find you.

You let the two girls ascend the rope first, getting a warning glare from Asuka as she is about to go up. 'You'd better not look up my skirt, baka!' She says, before gripping the rope and beginning to climb.

You look away while she climbs, not wanting her to even get the impression you were looking up there. After Asuka reaches the top, Mai follows after her, Asuka helping her up when she reaches the top.

Then it's your turn, and about time, as you're not sure how much longer you could stand being down there with the Shrine Maiden's corpse. You climb the rope, hand over hand, inch by inch, and Asuka helps pull you over the top of the hole once you reach it.

You scramble to your feet once you feel solid ground beneath you once again and look around. Now what?

"Where should we go now?" You ask the two girls.

"Kimie went up to the second floor to investigate, we should check up there." Asuka tells you.

You nod and start to move, but Mai grabs your sleeve, "No, we should look for baka-niisan first. He's close by somewhere on this floor, I can feel it."

So, where do you go first?

Search the first floor.
Search the second floor.


Voting ends tomorrow, December 22nd, at 18:45 GMT.
Last edited by Eternally Lost Zeppo on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 2777
Joined: Aug 11, 2009
Location: Owensboro,KY
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:38 pm

First floor, look for Kaito.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
-----------------------------------------------------------
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
-----------------------------------------------------------
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

esselfortium
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 3392
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Location: Ultra Hell
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby esselfortium » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:43 pm

Look for Kaito, because Mai is magicable.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22722
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:24 pm

Search the first floor.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 1921
Joined: Mar 25, 2008
Location: Carrying you.
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:07 am

You decide to investigate the first floor.

Rather, you are made to follow Asuka, who seems to have taken the lead in this instance, who seems to be pulled by her hand by a very determined-looking Mai, navigating along the long corridor that seems to snake and wind along the outer parts of the mansion, the rotten wooden boards creaking every time weight and pressure is shifted along, while Mai seems to glare at the space in front of her, her small mouth drawn into a tight line as her eyes seem to focus on something only she can see.

You can't shake the feeling of dread coming from this house, and even Asuka, normally upbeat and talkative, seems to be in a very apprehensive mood too, her own hand still clutching yours tightly and toy seems to blush every time your eyes land on hers fingers tightly grasping yours, while struggling to keep up with her long strides, before Mai stops at a door and turns to look at both Asuka and you, her normally vivacious eyes now having a sense of dread in hers.

"I'm... I don't think I should go in." She says in a very soft, small voice, a voice that seems to betray the sense of dread that has been creeping up on all three of you with each step you have taken, and you can't help but notice how once the words have left her lips, the air around her seems to grow a few degrees colder, while she clutches her hands to her chest.

"Mai, we shouldn't get separated; remember what happened last ti-" You begin to say, before Asuka cuts you off, but her voice is a bit gentler, without the harsh edges she normally reserves for when dealing with wimps and cowards, as she kneels down on one knee and takes one of Mai's hand on her own, staring straight into Mai's eyes.

"I owe you one... I won't let you go." Asuka says simply as she stands up, before Mai blinks quickly several times, shaking her head and getting back some of her old spirit, looking at Asuka and nodding before you all open the door.

The room walls and floors seem to dissipate like fog in the early morning as Asuka, Mai and you walk in, and suddenly, without you realizing it, you're all outside of the mansion, walking along a street that seems to be familiar, but you just can't place it.

Mai simply whimpers and holds tightly onto Asuka, her arms going around her waist as her face rests on the redhead's hips against her school skirt, before you both walk with slow, deliberate paces, reaching the corner and seeing several figures down the street, like gossamer light, the various figures of boys and girls obscured by the fog while their voices reach your ears somewhat muddled and distorted, before you see Kaito standing in the sidewalk, dressed in his school uniform and clutching his leather carrier, looking like a castaway sailor, stranded amidst a sea of students and peers.

"Nii-chan!" Mai saids loudly, but doesn't make a move to get to him, still clutching herself against Asuka's body while you both turn to look at each other, and Asuka's own face mirrors your won feelings, hesitant and afraid, not really sure of what to do or say, before you finally sigh and take a step forth, staring at Kaito before the boy suddenly takes note of you three, turning to look at you and giving you a smile.

"Huh? Ikari? Soryu? Mai? What's going on?"

What do you do?

1. Tell Kaito he needs to wake up. You stand there and try to explain to him what's going on, while Mai stands behind you and Asuka, peering at her brother and Asuka begins to growl and grumble under her breath.

2. Ask Kaito what's he doing. You turns to look at Asuka and Mai, silently asking them to give you a chance before they nod and you walk up to Kaito, not really sure of what to ask before the words come blurting out of your mouth.

3. Turn and run away. You start to shake as you realize this is exactly what Asuka and Mai saved you from, and even as you try to will yourself to step forth and say something, your body begins to move on it's own, before you realize you've turned around and are running down the street and into the corner from where you came.

Voting ends tomorrow, December 25th, at 16.00 CST.
Last edited by Eric Blair on Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 3392
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Location: Ultra Hell
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby esselfortium » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:35 am

Yaaaaay Mystery Club!

2) Ask Kaito what he's doing.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22722
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:21 am

1 or 2... 2 it is.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 377
Joined: Nov 26, 2008
Location: Defending the earth
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:03 pm

You turns to look at Asuka and Mai, silently asking them to give you a chance before they nod and you walk up to Kaito, not really sure of what to ask before the words come blurting out of your mouth, "Kaito? What are you doing?"

Kaito's eyes are slightly glazed, but he still seems fairly lucid. He takes in his surroundings, watching through the fence as other kids pour out of the school, a look of recognition crosses his face as he looks at some of them, and he sighs wistfully, with a slight tremor in his voice, 'I've been here before...'

Kaito turns and searches with his eyes, locking his gaze on a car with tinted windows parked in a street corner, engine ticking over. There's an eerie calm in the air, like the moment before a storm breaks. Something is about to happen, you can feel it.

Then it happens. A car parks a little ahead of you all, a woman gets out and walks towards Kaito. She makes you think of Mai, if she was a little older, and her smile reminds you of Kaito.

Kaito seems frozen to the spot as she walks towards him. He seems happy - really happy - to see her, but there's a note of unease in his voice as he murmurs to himself, 'Mother...'

She stops just short of Kaito, glancing in the direction of the car as it suddenly screeches round the corner and speeds down the street. The windows roll down, there's a glint of gunmetal. You turn in time to see Kaito's mother lunging towards him, tackling him to the ground as--

--Kaito is standing on the sidewalk again. His mother has not yet arrived. The car still lurks in the street corner. Kaito turns and looks at the car again, then at his surroundings. His eyes start to glaze over a bit more. The sky, previously overcast, is clearer now, pillars of light pouring down as though from heaven itself. 'Maybe...' He says hopefully, 'I can change it. Maybe I can save her.'

His mother's car pulls up again. This time Kaito moves towards her as the car speeds out of the corner, grabbing her and tackling her to the ground as bullets whizz through the air. You yelp with fright as the projectiles pass through you, and watch in horror as they pepper several of the other school children instead, spilling blood from various different wounds.

Kaito stands up as the car speeds off, his mother remains on the ground. Kaito looks down at his hand, coated in her blood, his eyes watery, 'I was too slow.'

Kaito squeezes his eyes shut and--

--he's standing on the sidewalk again. His mother's body is gone. The other children are still making their way out of the school, as if it were just a normal day. The breaks in the clouds up above widen, blue sky peeking out from above. Kaito's eyes grow ever more distant, a confident smile gracing his features. 'I'll make it this time.'

As bad as you feel for Kaito, as cruel as it seems, you know you have to do or say something to make him stop, to make him snap out of the house's spell.

What do you do?

1. try to wake him up. "Kaito?" you make the boy look at you before you let out a sigh. "this isn't the real world, remember?"

2. Try to ease Kaito back to the real world. "Kaito?" you say as you turn to Asuka and Mai, asking them for a pointer before Mai jumps in front of you and grabs at Kaito's sleeve. "Onii-chan? you have to wake up!"

3. You try to force Kaito back to the world of the living. Just as you are about to approach him, Asuka cuts you off and stands next to him, grabbing him by the arm and making him turn around. "Kaito, you idiot! you've got to stop this! we have to come back!"
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

esselfortium
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 3392
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Location: Ultra Hell
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby esselfortium » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Numero dos.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22722
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Number 2, I think Mai's interaction will help provided it doesn't backfire somehow. :sweatdrop:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 1921
Joined: Mar 25, 2008
Location: Carrying you.
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Kaito squeezes his eyes shut and--

--he's standing on the sidewalk again. His mother's body is gone. The other children are still making their way out of the school, as if it were just a normal day. The breaks in the clouds up above widen, blue sky peeking out from above. Kaito's eyes grow ever more distant, a confident smile gracing his features. 'I'll make it this time.'

As bad as you feel for Kaito, as cruel as it seems, you know you have to do or say something to make him stop, to make him snap out of the house's spell.

But you still have to try.

"Kaito?"

his name makes Kaito blink and turn at you, but his eyes are glassy, and the look is almost unfocused, like the kind one has when they have just woken up and are trying to process what's going on, and you take this moment to turn to Asuka and Mai, silently asking them for a pointer before Mai jumps in front of you and grabs at Kaito's sleeve.

"Onii-chan? you have to wake up!"

"I can't Mai." Kaito says slowly, sadly, before the scene shifts again, the black car one again standing in the corner, ominously, almost mocking you all, the front grill and the headlights resembling the smiling, teeth-baring chuckle someone gives when they are toying with you, patiently waiting for their chance to strike.

"I can save her, I can save THEM!" Kaito says before turning to Mai, his eyes are still glassy but they seem to be red by unshed tears, and you can see your friend's frame trying hard to maintain the facade of not crying, of being brave.

"I can save us! You and dad and mom and me!"

You hear the familiar bell once more, and hear the chatter of school kids exiting their rooms and walking towards the front gate, ready to leave the school grounds while in the corner, a car materializes just as Kaito turns to it, before his hands close into tight fists as the scene is replayed once more.

You have stopped counting the times the scene has replayed, as the speed seems to vary, but the ending is, invariably the same; Katio's and Mai's mother ends up dead, always.

And Kaito replays the events again and again, each time getting so close.

"Idiot!" Asuka suddenly shouts before grabbing Kaito by the collar, urning him around roughly to make him stare at her. "You better snap out of it! we need to wake you up before we can save Kimie!"

Kaito opens his mouth to say something, before slowly repeating the name Asuka just uttered, slowly before you hear a crack somewhere, close almost behind you, but coming from atop, as if it were from a second floor a few feet on top of you.

And suddenly, you think you can see a small, flightly gleam traveling down the sky, as if it were a sliver of light caught in the path of a glass crack.

"You're right." Kaito mutters before turning to Mai and giving her his trademark smirk and looking at Shinji and Asuka, nodding, and with that quick motion, the scene around him cracks and falls onto the floor, turning into fine dust before even touching it, showing all four of you in the middle fo the room where you found Kaito.

"Let's go save Ki-err Idane-sempai." Kaito says, quickly correcting himself from saying Kimie's name and you turn to Asuka and Mai who are smirking at the boy but saying nothing else.

"Ok, lead the way!"

Asuka nods and goes towards the door with long, purposeful strides, grabbing Mai's hand while Kaito turns to you and nods, giving you an unspoken "thanks".

What do you do?

1. Follow Asuka, Mai and Kaito to try and find Kimie?

2. Look around the room?
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 3392
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Location: Ultra Hell
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby esselfortium » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:22 pm

You guys should give a quick look around the room first while you're here.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 2777
Joined: Aug 11, 2009
Location: Owensboro,KY
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Not to copycat but look around the room first. I was going to go with look for Kimie, but we could definitely use any clues we could possibly find about the place.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
-----------------------------------------------------------
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
-----------------------------------------------------------
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22722
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:47 pm

Look around the run before heading out.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 377
Joined: Nov 26, 2008
Location: Defending the earth
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm

You watch as Asuka takes Mai's hand, looking more like an older sibling to the girl than even Kaito, her own brother, and you can see the first signs of Kaito's smirk disappearing and being transformed into a small, unsure smile, before he shakes his head and looks around the room, his eyes landing on you.

"Thank you for the help, Shinji." he says simply, with a small shrug of his shoulders, as if he had been sure all along you would come to save him. But if you were to listen closer, watch more carefully, you would see a slight wavering in his voice, and a little tremble in his hands.

"It's ok." You say back with your own small, shy smile on your lips, unused to and perhaps a little uncomfortable with the attention placed on you. "Sorry I couldn't come earlier, but I fell and then I..."
You trail away, not sure of how to say it, you've seen your dreams and Asuka's, as well as Kaito's and you feel there's something that links you all, something like...

"The house...it makes us dream?" You ask quietly, looking up at Kaito for confirmation while the boy looks around the room at the pictures and the paintings and the walls and the piles of rubbish and ashes and burnt pieces of papers filling the wooden boards of the floor.

"I think so...it...I was happy, thinking I could save us...me and my family." Kaito says in a small, solemn tone while turning to look at Mai who seems to be trying her hardest to be a miniature version of the redhead next to her.

"Yeah, I saw Asuka's mind; she was waiting for her mom." You mutter, before looking down and sighing at yourself. "I was waiting for my dad..."

Kaito nods, "I think the house shows us our greatest desires come true, to pacify us, to keep us here."

"But why?" You ask, still not sure what the reason behind all of this is.

"So it can feed off of us." Mai says suddenly, "Drain our lifeforce."

"Yeah, something like that I guess." Kaito agrees with a frown, you notice as he does just how sure of this Mai seems to be. "And somebody's been feeding it, trussing people up and leaving them here. That's what happened to me. Some men knocked me out, and then I woke up here wrapped in bandages."

"Who would do something like that?" You ask, horrified, "Why?"

"I don't know." Kaito shrugs, then sighs. "There's nothing here. Come on, let's go and find Ki-Idane-sempai..."

--

You come to a hallway with four doors, two on either side of the hall. Light streams out of the gaps in the door farthest away on the left. You gulp slightly and start moving down the corridor.

Do you:

1) Go for the nearest door on the left.
2) Go for the nearesr door on the right.
3) Go for the furthest door on the left.
4) Go for the furthest door on the right.


Voting ends tomorrow, Tuesday 26th January, at 10:30pm.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

esselfortium
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 3392
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Location: Ultra Hell
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby esselfortium » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Unless I missed a clue somewhere (probably), this one seems to be more or less a crapshoot. I'll go for the farthest door on the left to see where the light is coming from.


Return to “Role-Playing Related”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests