[CYOA]the Mystery Club files

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

•      
  •      

Postby Kaname Langley » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:47 pm

:leekspin: Aka-chan
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Eric's busy with stuff right now, so I'm gonna be taking over his posting turns until he's got a bit more time on his hands. ^_^

--

You focus your thoughts on Asuka as you close your eyes, visualising her in your mind. When you open your eyes, you find yourself in a field of tall sunflowers. You hear someone calling out, 'Mama! Where are you?'
You turn towards the sound, hearing rustling. You see Asuka step out from behind some of the sunflowers, wearing that pretty yellow dress you've seen her in maybe once or twice before. She catches sight of you, and raises an eyebrow, evidently suprised to see you. 'Mai? What are you doing out here?'

'I came to find you, Asuka-neechan.' You tell her. Something seems off about her, there's a dullness in her eyes and a strangely tranquil smile on her lips, almost like she's in some kind of trance.

'Have you seen mama?' She asks, smiling softly, 'We were on a picnic together, but we got seperated. I can't seem to find her anywhere. Why don't you help me find her, Mai?'

You blink, finding Asuka's uncharacteristically calm smile strangely warm and comforting. But you shake yourself, you came here for a reason and you need to focus on the matter at hand.

a) You could try and get Asuka to snap out of it right now? You know that Asuka doesn't have a mother in the real world, not anymore at least. Maybe if you force her to face reality she'll snap out of this trance she seems to be in. 'Asuka,' You say, trying to be gentle, but knowing there's nothing gentle about saying it, 'your mother is dead.'

b) You could try and convince Asuka to snap out if it? You decide to try and help her understand that nothing she is seeing is real, that it's all an illusion, and she's not quite herself right now. 'Asuka, can't you see that none of this is real?' You tell her softly, 'You're in the Himuro mansion, remember?'

c) You could help Asuka find her mother? 'Sure,' You say, nodding and returning the smile, 'I'll help you find her.'
She takes you by the hand and you follow her deeper into the sunflower field, as she calls out again, 'Mama, where are you?'

--

Voting will end tomorrow, Sep 23rd at 7:40pm BST.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:17 pm

B. A sounds cruel, and C is a bad mistake, we need to find Asuka and the others, we cant go on a wild Mama hunt in the masions imaginary world with her.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:26 pm

Yeah, B sounds like the best option here. Option A might cause her to shut you out, and C would just be sending our one remaining sane investigator off into mysteryland.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:46 pm

B seems best to me as well, though if it's not enough we should go with A next
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:34 pm

A is really cold given the situation. B please.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:00 pm

I'm 40 minutes early, but I doubt it's gonna make much difference. I'll be making 8:00pm BST a regular time for end of voting until Eric gets back.

--

You decide to try and help her understand that nothing she is seeing is real, that it's all an illusion, and she's not quite herself right now. 'Asuka, can't you see that none of this is real?' You tell her softly, 'You're in the Himuro mansion, remember?'

'Himuro...Mansion?' She murmers puzzledly, as if trying to remember where she recognises the name from. She scrunched up her nose in recollection, 'Oh, wasn't that one of the stupid haunted houses your brother dragged us off to?'

'You weren't exactly dragged off,' You tell her, frowning slightly. After all, Kaito didn't drag them there as such, he disappeared and they went there while following his trail. Obviously her memories are being clouded somewhat by the spirits' influence. 'he went missing, you and Kimie-neechan went there to find him, remember?'

Asuka blinks, her eyes squinting with concentration. 'Yeah,' She says, somewhat sluggishly, 'that's right...we went there to find Kaito.' She shakes herself and smiles, 'Then we found him, and we got out of the mansion.'

What do you ask next?

a) 'Did you notice anything strange in the mansion?'
b) 'How did you find Kaito?'
c) 'How did you get out of the mansion?'
d) 'Was he with anyone else?'

--

Voting will end tomorrow, Sep 24th at 8:00 BST.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:42 pm

b) How did you find Kaito?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:42 pm

kaito?
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:28 pm

Ask how you found Kaito.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:35 pm

"How did you find Kaito?"

Asuka looks at you trying too hard, focusing to try and remember something.

"I... I don't know..." Asuka mumbles softly to herself, looking at her feet before her face looks up, and you notice her eyes ar estill carrying this dazed, faraway look, and that in itself makes you shake your head, feeling the warmth creeping once again on your body.

"Kimie and I went inside and he was lying in there and then I... I mean Kimie and I carried him outside..."

You frown, realizing there's something you're missnig something that doesn't make any sense, making you try harder again to focus, before she all around you the scene shifts, as if a breeze was cutting through the smoke and haze, making the sunflower patch, golden and shimmering from the sunlight above and framed by the blue sky and white clouds shift, changing into the deserted, run-down and rotten walls of an abandoned mansion you feel you should remeber.

"What, why..." Asuka begiuns to ask before you feel the warmth once more, enveloping, covering spinning around you like a cocoon that doesn't make sense. "What's going on? I need to find mama... she went inside here..."

YOu shake your head once more, before tugging at Asuka's arm, pleading with her.

"Asuka-neechan! please! we have to find Kimie-neechan! Shinji-kun and I came here to find Kaito, but he fell! He needs help!"

That seems to have an effect on Asuka as she shakes her head, before her eyes, before shadowed and dull, begin to brun with annoyance and anger, making the ring in your hand begin to glow.

"Of course that idiot will be in trouble! And just as I need to look for Mama!" Asuka begins to grumble before she turns to you, giving you an amused smirk. "Show me the way, let's go get the idiot."

And just like that, you blink in surprise, before turning around to see Asuka lying next to you, opening her eyes and grumbling softly to herself.

"My head... it hurts." You hear Asuka mutter before you kneel next to her, making sure she's ok.

"I think the house wants us to be here." You whisper, almost afraid of letting the house hear.

Now what?

1. Look for Kimie
2. Look for Kaito
3. Look for Shinji
4. Look for the other.

Voting ends tomorrow, Oct 25th at 7.00 p.m. CST-USA.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Kaito. I think. I wanna say Shinji but hed be even more depressed to know the caring Gendo is a fake. Im just hoping against hope that Kaito hasnt been brainwashed/hypnotized/whatever too. But I have a sinking feling he has. :kaos_sick: But he might be better. I flipped a coin. Kimie. Look for Kimie. Sorry for the confusion. -o-;

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:41 pm

Hmm. I say it's best to first get Shinji. There's strength in numbers with the main search to find Kaito afterall.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Look for Shinji; we have an idea of where he is, and he's been gone for less time than the others, so he'll hopefully be somewhat easier to break free of Magical Realism(TM).

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:08 pm

True, Essel. Change my vote Teh Shinji.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:44 pm

now that we've got Asuka we pretty much have to get Shinji to keep her happy.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:36 am

You wait for a few minutes until Asuka is fully recuperated, looking around the room where you're both at, the smell of sunflowers and wheat fields is still present for some reason befire Asuka finally gets up and shakes her head, while you take a nother minutes to explain to her what has been going on and where's Shinji, pulling her along to reach the place where Shinji dropped.

"Well, there's nothing nearby to go down there... I think I saw a rope in one of the rooms that Kimie and I were investigating on the second floor." Asuka says as she shines her flashlight inside before shouting Shinji's name again, followed by her usual pet name for him of "baka" but only silence comes back.

What do you do?

Write what you think is the best option to do here.

Voting ends tomorrow, Oct 30th at 7.00 p.m. CST-USA.
Last edited by Eric Blair on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:00 am

At least we know where the baka is (or at least recently was), so focusing on rescuing him makes sense. Ask Asuka to show you were she saw that rope, and maybe we can find some of the others while we're wandering around again.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:09 am

Go with Asuka to find the rope. Stick together and be very wary of weird mysteryhouse illusions. Then tie the rope onto something and send Asuka down there to get Shinji, but try to stay in verbal contact with her as she goes, to keep her as grounded in the real world as possible.

Whatever you end up doing, be careful to stick together as much as is possible and try to stay in verbal contact with each other whenever you can't. We've already been shown that going someplace alone in this house without anything to ground you to the real world is a recipe for zany dream sequences.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:21 am

^ this.