[CYOA]the Mystery Club files

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:33 am

ITS A TRAP SHIN-CHAN!
I say 4
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:31 am

4. Maybe find something to get Shinji out, maybe get lucky and find the girls and Kaito and then see if they can help you come up with anything to get Shinji out.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:13 am

okay, 4 sounds fine to me too.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Option 4

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:45 am

You could go to the door on your right; there is a very good chance that the girls and Kaito could be in this wing. Or maybe you can find something to help climb down that hole; you look around the courtyard, noticing that the bunches of rope seem even more weak than the wooden planks that used to cover the hole where Shinji fell through; so you walk quickly towards the door in your right, stopping at the entrance, before looking once more back to where the hole on the floor is.

you bite your lip as you force yourself to walk inside and notice that you are inside a room there's a fireplace, with a ledge, and on top of the ledge there are some pictures, old and dusty, depicting a family consisting of 2 girls, a father and a mother; near the picture is an old vase that holds some dead flowers, and next to is a small jewel box that seems to not be able to close completely, and directly to your right is a shogi door that, if you remember correctly might lead back inside the area where you and Shinji were in.

What do you do?

1. Investigate the room a bit more, focusing on the pictures; you feel some sort of hidden words emanating from the sepia, dry old pictures.

2. Investigate the room more, but check the old vase with the dried flowers; you grab the flowers and pull them out, long stemmed chrysanthemums that are too dry they almost seem to be fossilized, before grabbing the vase and rattling it to see if there's something inside.

3. Investigate the room more, but see what's inside the jewelry box first; the box seems to be a bit rusty, as if it had seen better days but you look at it, noticing one of the edges doesn't seem to line up straight.

4. Go to the door and see in which part of the house you're on.

Voting will end tomorrow October 13th at 10:00 pm CST-USA.
Last edited by Eric Blair on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:09 am

Jewelry box caught my eye.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:16 pm

I say Jewlery box or Shogi door. The picture kinda gives me a Fatal Frame/ RE vibe. :scared: Hmmmm, go for the jewlery box, is scheist happens make a beeline for the door.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:18 pm

Check the jewelry box.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:22 pm

5: Get naked and take a bath and act as though there's NOTHING that could possibly go wrong with this situation.

Jk. My serious vote is that you go to the door. I'm getting serious mind rape vibes here, like everything is just a trap waiting to happen.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:46 am

You go over to the ledge and pick up the jewelery box. The box seems to be a bit rusty, as if it had seen better days but you look at it, noticing one of the edges doesn't seem to line up straight. You open the lid to look inside. There are a lot of pretty shiney things in there, but nothing that you think will help you find your friends and wayward brother. Although, there is a locket that catches your eye. It's a silvery heart-shaped thing. You lift it out of the box and flip it open. Inside are two photos. One photo portrays a beautiful woman in shrine maiden robes, the other portrays a rather handsome looking man.

As you look at the photos you sense the spirits stirring once again. They don't seem to like the man much. Directed towards the image of the shrine maiden you sense...disappointment, perhaps betrayal?

What do you do next?

1. Investigate the room a bit more, focusing on the pictures; you feel some sort of hidden words emanating from the sepia, dry old pictures.

2. Investigate the room more, but check the old vase with the dried flowers; you grab the flowers and pull them out, long stemmed chrysanthemums that are too dry they almost seem to be fossilized, before grabbing the vase and rattling it to see if there's something inside.

3. Go to the door and see in which part of the house you're on.

---
Name: Mai Yamada
Genre: Modern Military
Race: Human
Height:
Weight:

Description and Character Notes:
Brown Hair, Brown Eyes, Slim Build.
Items Owned:

Body: 6
Mind: 10
Soul: 12
Health Points: 80
Energy Points: 110
Shock Value: 16
Combat Value: 10
Defense Value: 8

Attributes:

Moe~ 8x1 = 8
1 Point/Level
Tsundere 5x1 = 5
1 Point/Level
Kawaii~ 8x1 = 8
1 Point/Level
Combat Mastery 1x2 = 2
Animal Friendship 2x1 = 2
Art of Distraction 3x1 = 3
Divine Relationship 3x1 = 3
Exorcism 3x1 = 3
Healing 2x4 = 8
Heightened Awareness 2x1 = 2
Mind Shield 3x1 = 3
Organizational Ties 1x3 = 3
Great Power
Precognition 1x2 = 2
Can Be Controlled
Sixth Sense 6x1 = 6
Detect Evil
Detect Magic
Detect Virtue
Empathy
Sense Spirits
Sense Truth
Spirit Ward 1x1 = 1

Defects:
Ageism 2x-1 = -2
Easily Distracted (Computers) 1x-1 = -1
Not So Tough 1x-1 = -1
Phobia (Mom's empty body) 1x-1 = -1
Recurring Nightmares (Mom in torment) 1x-1 = -1
Skeleton in the Closet (Real name: Mai Kurokawa) 2x-1 = -2
Wanted (Thanatos) 1x-1 = -1
Significant Other (Kaito) 2x-1 = -2
Significant Other (Dad) 1x-1 = -1
Berserk Button (I'm not a kid!) 2x-1 = -2
Nemesis (Thanatos) 1x-1 = -1
Easily Distracted (Shoujo Managa) 1x-1 = -1

Skills:
Animal Training 4x1 = 4 (+1 levels from Animal Friendship)
Responsible Kid Sister 10x1+ 2 = 12
Cooking
Cleaning
Social Sciences 12x1+ 2 = 14
Occult Knowledge
Mythos and lore
Investigation Skills 12x3+ 3 = 39
Observe
Listen
Hey, I asked you a question!
Medical 3x4+ 1 = 13
First Aid.
Martial Arts [A] 1x4 = 4
Martial Arts [D] 2x4 = 8
Computers 3x4 = 12
Comedy Berserker Rage 6x1+ 1 = 7
Hits hard (for a kid)!
Stealth 4x4 = 16
Miko Powers 3x3 = 9
Gaming 1x1+ 1 = 2
Girl Gamer
Linguistics (English) 1x2+ 1 = 3
Sign Language
Visual Arts (Drawing) 6x1 = 6
Writing (Fiction) 6x1+ 1 = 7
Poetic
Electronics 2x4 = 8
Physical Sciences 2x2 = 4
Biological Sciences 2x2 = 4
Mathematics 2x1 = 2

---

Voting ends tomorrow, Oct 16 at 6:48am GMT.
Last edited by Eternally Lost Zeppo on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:50 am

Check the photo then head out the door.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:02 am

yeah, photos. See if Mr. Creepy Vibes is in any of them too.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:59 am

You look over the pictures, finding the same face for the girl in some of them; she stands next to someone of her own age, and in each successive picture you see them as they grow old, along with two adults, male and female.

There is an undefinable sadness you sense from the pictures that have only the two girls, as well as a feeling of rage and sorrow coming for the ones that have the whole family, as if they were tainted, spotty and checkered unto themselves; you sense fear and sadness covering it all, before you start to see things th-

Stormy nights, the sky crying out blood.

You know you're the one, you know you will be the one to prevent this from happening.

Cold cuts your skin, as warmth escapes with every breath you take, eveything becoming unfocused and unhinged as if you were watching the world thourgh heavy dazed eyes, blindly trying to grasp for the key to open all secrets left behind.

Chrysanthemums fill your vision, as you watch at the pictures of mama and papa, and Nodaka and you, grasping around before letting things fall in place and then you smile, falling back, watching their happy, smiling faces before the whole world turns to bla-

You gasp in surpise before you shake your head; looking around the room, deciding what to do.

1. Investigate the room more, but check the old vase with the dried flowers; you grab the flowers and pull them out, long stemmed chrysanthemums that are too dry they almost seem to be fossilized, before grabbing the vase and rattling it to see if there's something inside.

2. Go to the door and see in which part of the house you're on.

Voting ends tomorrow, Oct 18 at 7.00 p.m. GMT.
Last edited by Eric Blair on Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:18 am

O_O

Check the vase. With a creepy vision like that, who can say no?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:31 am

^
What he said.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:58 am

Vase.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:13 pm

You check the old vase with the dried flowers; you grab the flowers and pull them out, long stemmed chrysanthemums that are too dry they almost seem to be fossilized, before grabbing the vase and rattling it to see if there's something inside. Something rattles against the inside, something small that makes a tinny, metallic noise as it moves around inside the vase.

You tip the vase upside down and hold your hand underneath. As you do so, a ring falls into the palm of your hand. It's cold to the touch, with an oval of jade set into, with the kanji for Himuro engraved into the stone. As the ring touches your skin, you feel its power, its purity. Your skin tingles as your own energy mingles with that of the ring.
You feel the spirits, still present at the edges of your perception, recoil from you as this occurs. They fear it.

You take the ring between your fingers, examining the flowery patterns engraved into the rim, and then gingerly, you slip it onto your finger. It feels like a perfect fit. As you put the ring on, events flash before your eyes, and knowledge flows into your mind.

You watch helplessly as your father slices open your sister's stomach with one swift stroke of his sword, criss-crossing it with another for good measure. Your mother lies at your side, her eyes unseeing, blood pooling out from her stomach just as it now begins to from your sisters. She drops to the floor and lays there, staring at you, mouthing for you to run. But you can't run. You're frozen stiff. Your father advances on you and swipes with the blade--

--you watch as people visit the mansion. Watch as the spirits show them their heart's desire, deceiving them into believing it fulfilled. Using these fantasies to keep them docile and compliant as they drain the life from them.
You know this is not right. Know it should not be this way, but are powerless to stop them. They are too full of anger and hatred, their bloodthirst cannot be sated.

You look down at the ring, understanding now how it works, how to use it. You clench the hand it is now worn on into a fist and glare around at the spirits, hidden but still very much present.

"I'm going to find my friends now." You inform them calmly. You politely ignore the wave of outrage directed at you as you say so.

You bring the closed fist to your chest, cupping it with your other hand, as if in prayer and then you concentrate.

You can see into the realm of lies where the spirits are keeping Kaito and your friends' minds trapped, along with one other.

You know you can use the ring's power to appear before one of them and try to help them escape the illusion.

Who will you go to?

1. Asuka
2. Kaito
3. Kimie
4. Shinji
5. The other

--

'Himuro Ring' has now been added to your inventory.

Voting ends tomorrow, Sep 20th at 11:15pm BST.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:17 pm

In this order if possible, Kaito, Asuka, Shinji, Kimie, then The other(s).

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:17 pm

@_@

....well then!

Go to Asuka; she and Kimie have been missing for a lot longer than Shinji has (and we have at least some idea of where he is), and if you can find her she can hopefully help you find the others.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:35 pm

considering the character we're playing, It makes most sense to me to go with:

Kaito
Shinji
Asuka
Kimie
The Other

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:56 pm

Asuka first, she'd probably be the most calm in how to help with Shinji and the others.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Role-Playing Related”