[MANGA] Prototype eva story

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Prototype eva story

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:50 pm

Its been mentioned that the Manga and the anime were both based on an original concept done before either Anno started on the anime or Sadamoto started on the Manga. Does any one know if any of this has made its way onto the net?

All ive seen are a few character designs ona pics sight or three over the years.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:07 am

I never heard of this before..I guess Reichu will tell us for sure!^_^
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Re: Prototype eva story

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:52 pm

DatDude wrote:Its been mentioned that the Manga and the anime were both based on an original concept done before either Anno started on the anime or Sadamoto started on the Manga. Does any one know if any of this has made its way onto the net?

All ive seen are a few character designs ona pics sight or three over the years.

Done by...?

If you are saying that Anno did not come up with the story himself, then I never heard that. Still, I don't claim to know everything.
Natsukashii, ne?

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:31 pm

Ganix in general as in more then one person came up with the basic premiss before the manga started, and anno took over to do the series.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:53 am

Anno is ultimately the Father of Evangelion, but nothing in GAINAX is really the result of only a single creative entity, but a piloted force. It's not like he wrote every minute (and "purposefully" incomplete) detail into one complete Holy Anno draft and then said, "Okay, spread my genius!" (well, he might have...), only to have Sadamoto bastardize it to the chagrin of Anno's worshippers. Shit happens, and fortunately, it did. That's what makes Anno a good director; the ability to steer through occurences of shit.

There was that thing about Shinji contacting an Angel, America going KABLOOEY, the Angels coming from the Moon, Rei getting all sickly, etc. Someone will post it. Just wait about two hours.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:02 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:There was that thing about Shinji contacting an Angel, America going KABLOOEY, the Angels coming from the Moon, Rei getting all sickly, etc. Someone will post it. Just wait about two hours.

Ten minutes, more like.

Lookie here!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:53 am

Mr. Tines wrote:Ten minutes, more like.

Damn.

"When nerds are confuzzled, I am not slow! For it's copy, paste, and away I go!"

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”